Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings (7802 Views)

Jonathan Did Not Squander $67bn Reserves – Okonjo-iweala / Man Wins $30 Million Lottery Shortly After Being Dumped By Girlfriend / Secrets Of How To Fill U S Visa Lottery And Be Successful. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by franzis(m): 10:03am On Oct 29, 2010
Its so bemusing that 90% of lottery winners get broke in such a short time,misuse their winnings, i know of a guy who won 1 million naira in one of the popular lottery programme ,in such a short time time he squandered his money,now he is back to his hair cut business.what is really responsible 4 dis phenomenon
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by valarinz: 10:24am On Oct 29, 2010
They didn't work hard for it, period.
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by oludashmi(f): 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2010
No vision even long before he played the lottery
No plans ahead for opportunities
No future (everything is fate)
When birds of a feathers move together, they act alike
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by BabaOsaze(m): 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2010
Akara Money
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by MiKenny(f): 12:48pm On Oct 29, 2010
because, its evil
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by blacksta(m): 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2010
A man without a vision will always squander opportunites - fact. A man who simply has not managed N1000 will struggle with a hefty sum of 1 Milla
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by leftone: 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2010
been rich starts from the inside.
it just shows they werent equipped to handle the type of money they make.
thats why most yahoo boys dont survive too.
they arent built to handle the money they get.
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by shadrach77: 1:01pm On Oct 29, 2010
the answer is wrapped up in this yoruba adage  "ohun ti a ko ba sise fun kii pe lowo eni" - whosoever understands yoruba can interprete it for others  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by MiKenny(f): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2010
my thought
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by OvieE: 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2010
If he had work hard for that one million Naira, he will know the value but since he didn't work for it, he doesn't know the value of what he can do it but misused it.
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Basics007: 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2010
Easy come easy go
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by madoba: 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2010
Like someone said; it is the failure to plan ahead or even paln at all how to put the money to good use once you get it. But the first and normal reaction of most people would be to go out and spend the money buying things they have always wanted but just didn't have the means to obtain it.

Talking about lotteries, please I need to know if Peugeot 307's 50 50 50 promo is for real. Are they really going to give out 50 cars to 50 people? Or is this another gimmick to make people spend their money for nothing.
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by opabukun(m): 1:10pm On Oct 29, 2010
shadrach77:

the answer is wrapped up in this yoruba adage  [i]"ohun ti a ko ba sise fun kii pe lowo eni"[/i] - whosoever understands yoruba can interprete it for others  cheesy cheesy cheesy

"watever U do not labour 4, will neva last"
EXACTLY FOR POLITRICIANS
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by jeryl: 1:12pm On Oct 29, 2010
I am sorry to bring this here, but i feel like i'm going to choke if i dont speak out against Zenith bank daylight robbery on its customers. I was pleaded to open an a/c with them and i finally opened a savings a/c. But to my greatest surprise, anytime i recive money into this a/c, they charge me a minimum of N200.00. The shocking thing is that they did not inform me neither did the alert they send to me display this. It was until i checked my previous balance from my present balance, that i noticed a difference. When i enquired, they told me that it is upcountry charge that i can get a waiver. But i feel so sad that this is going on in a co-operate environment without recourse to customers. I don't have any problem with banks' charges, but c'mom, this is the height of it. In this period of online real time banking. U charged me for recieving money that creates liquidity for you that you also use to trade in all forms of say Tbills, Bonds, FX, loan customers, then you charge me? On a savings a/c? Haba! Without even telling me?
Then i told my firend who also informed that he once did an a/c to a/c transfer within two Zenith Bank savings a/cs and was charged C.O.T as much as N6,000.00. That really got me crazy, 'cos i know that other banks i bank with, they have never charged me for transferring money from one a/c to another within same bank. Haba!!! what kind of co-operate robbery is this. He was not even informed until he finished the transactions and saw his balance. How can you charge someone for ;
1. saving the bank cost and time by not queueing up to withdraw, thereby putting the bank through the stress of counting and paying, and then queue up again to pay the money (count again and deposit).
2. By creating liquidity for the bank since the money is not leaving the bank, but still within the bank.

Please, as much as this might be the wrong forum and there will definitely be dissenting voices. I urge all who support this to start posting it everywhere possibvle- twitter, facebook, sahara reporters, any other social network site.
Pls dont stop.
This is not just against Zenith, but against any other bank that is doing this unethical thing. People should know their right and fight for it. I have never heard of this type before and it must stop. I learnt banks like UBA use to do same until they met a customer their match and they stopped. So we must stop Zenith and other such banks. There are many ways banks make money. Zenith have all sorts of charges, but this is definitely the height of it- stealing from unsuspecting Nigerians!PLEASE START POSTING. I AM ALSO CONSIDERING WRITING EFCC & CBN ON THIS
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by jmoore(m): 1:15pm On Oct 29, 2010
some winners, at least most of them.

They are good in spending but not in investing
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by HOTsnow(m): 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2010
Thats wat they called:OWO BABA IJEBU DA'PADA asap!
If i can win 90% of either Ileke-idi, Inked-nerd, Kunbi, Dyt or Odunnu's heart i wil never misuse it, [color=#000099][/color] wink
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Youngichou(m): 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2010
jeryl:

I am sorry to bring this here, but i feel like i'm going to choke if i dont speak out against Zenith bank daylight robbery on its customers. I was pleaded to open an a/c with them and i finally opened a savings a/c. But to my greatest surprise, anytime i recive money into this a/c, they charge me a minimum of N200.00. The shocking thing is that they did not inform me neither did the alert they send to me display this. It was until i checked my previous balance from my present balance, that i noticed a difference. When i enquired, they told me that it is upcountry charge that i can get a waiver. But i feel so sad that this is going on in a co-operate environment without recourse to customers. I don't have any problem with banks' charges, but c'mom, this is the height of it. In this period of online real time banking. U charged me for recieving money that creates liquidity for you that you also use to trade in all forms of say Tbills, Bonds, FX, loan customers, then you charge me? On a savings a/c? Haba! Without even telling me?
Then i told my firend who also informed that he once did an a/c to a/c transfer within two Zenith Bank savings a/cs and was charged C.O.T as much as N6,000.00. That really got me crazy, 'cos i know that other banks i bank with, they have never charged me for transferring money from one a/c to another within same bank. Haba!!! what kind of co-operate robbery is this. He was not even informed until he finished the transactions and saw his balance. How can you charge someone for ;
1. saving the bank cost and time by not queueing up to withdraw, thereby putting the bank through the stress of counting and paying, and then queue up again to pay the money (count again and deposit).
2. By creating liquidity for the bank since the money is not leaving the bank, but still within the bank.

Please, as much as this might be the wrong forum and there will definitely be dissenting voices. I urge all who support this to start posting it everywhere possibvle- twitter, facebook, sahara reporters, any other social network site.
Pls dont stop.  

how much will you pay for this
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by victorazy(m): 1:25pm On Oct 29, 2010
oludashmi:

Exactly
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by denony(m): 1:27pm On Oct 29, 2010
Beacuse he hopes the next win will be 5 million
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by ijawgirl: 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2010
easy money!
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by MrCork25: 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2010
true, I won £10 2 week ago and its all gone!! angry
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by MrCork25: 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
and I blame light skin womens for it!!, they chop your moiney!! angry
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by hackney(m): 1:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
oludashmi:

100%

There was this Roy carroll who won £9.8m in 2003 or so.
now he's on govt support benefit.
He was so silly with his money that it was like a lesson to everybody.

On the other hand someone else won about £1m and 5yrs later he had over £5m.
he went into properties here which is a good investment.
he got married ,has a kid now and his gorgeous [i]house[/i]wife cruises a 2-door bently.
sweet.
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by akbtunes: 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2010
"ohun ti aba sise fun, ni npe lowo eni" period. grin
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by tpia5: 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2010
"ohun ti aba sise fun, ni npe lowo eni"

true.

also, teach a man to fish or give him fish.

which one's better.
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by chamotex(m): 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
HOTsnow:

Thats wat they called:[b]OWO BABA IJEBU DA'PADA [/b]asap!
If i can win 90% of either Ileke-idi, Inked-nerd, Kunbi, Dyt or Odunnu's heart i wil never misuse it, [color=#000099][/color] wink

Hehe grin grin grin grin
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by maninmood(m): 2:25pm On Oct 29, 2010
Mr^Cork:

true, I won £10 2 week ago and its all gone!! angry

And you call that money? Giving that thing to street beggars is the best bet
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by omega25red(m): 2:32pm On Oct 29, 2010
a guy won a million naira how far do you really expect a million naira to go
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by Mortiple(m): 2:45pm On Oct 29, 2010
shadrach77:

the answer is wrapped up in this yoruba adage "ohun ti a ko ba sise fun kii pe lowo eni" - whosoever understands yoruba can interprete it for others cheesy cheesy cheesy

True talk!

Igbos too have an adage that says: soup scooped from a pot with the index finger, can only be licked through the side of the mouth.
grin
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2010
^^^^  grin

! Plot of Land in Epe + Processing CofO
Re: Lottery:why Do Winners Squander Their Earnings by buzugee(m): 3:05pm On Oct 29, 2010
i million naira ? whoopty doodaaaaa somebody break out the cymbals and violin and lets make merry. i am richhhhhhhhhhh  tongue

you do know that 1 million naira cannot even change a teenagers life.

those of you talking about vision. can you please give me examples of things you will do with 1 million naira that will change your life ? maybe i am slow. so yall gonna havta school me on investing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is The Cutest Male And Female Nairalander? / On Learning Through Pain... / Most Annoying Nairalander And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.