Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,644 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car (10642 Views)

How Do I Refill Or Charge Fire Extinguisher? / This Video Tells How Important A Fire Extinguisher Is In Your Car / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by Godspower35(m): 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
Every year, there are many car crashes that cause hundreds of lives and cause untold damage. It would not cost anything if we have this important material in our vehicles.
A fire extinguisher in your vehicle can help you fight a vehicle fire. There are several reasons why a fire extinguisher in your vehicle can be helpful in a fire.

Avoid serious accidents caused by small fires

Most vehicle fires start small and are generally caused by electrical or mechanical problems. If you pass quickly and use your fire extinguisher right away, you can avoid a much more serious and potentially fatal accident. Other people in your car can also use the fire extinguisher to extinguish a small fire much faster, so you are not even forced to wait for it to use.

Reduces vehicle damage

Fires can cause serious damage, and having a fire extinguisher handy can save you a lot of money on this type of property damage. If you extinguish the fire before it reaches the gas tank, you can avoid potentially large explosions. If you ruin your vehicle completely, it can probably cause damage to the area surrounding the accident.

You can use it in other places

A fire extinguisher in your vehicle can also be useful if you discover flames in other locations outside your vehicle. It can be helpful with small fires on other properties or even while camping or visiting a park. You never know when an emergency situation will occur in which there is a fire. That's why it's important to be prepared.

You can use it to help the needy on the roadside

If another person is involved in an accident while traveling, you can use your fire extinguisher to help with the handling of the flames. This not only helps the person concerned, but also the rescue workers, who have to deal with injury-related problems and may not have time to deal with a small car fire.

It gives you peace

Fortunately, newer cars have fewer problems with fires unless there is a very serious malfunction. Sometimes it's enough to know that you can take care of a fire when it happens. Fires can cause serious damage and a fire extinguisher can be a very re-assuring feeling.

POINTS TO NOTE:

Fire extinguisher is a vital material we must have in our vehicles. If we have this,we can definitely attend to any fire disaster.
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/09/5-key-reasons-why-you-must-have-fire.html#more
[img]https://1.bp..com/-P-pzNDmdmWg/XXp0InAei2I/AAAAAAAAC3A/v1-fsRO8N_0PpVX2eNHy8oFdgW_7eiSPACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/fire%2Bextinguisher.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by pocohantas(f): 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2019
The main issue is knowing how to use it,

Lots of Nigerian have it in their cars. Reason is to avoid problem from these guys...

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
pocohantas:

Lots of Nigerian cars have it in their cars. Reason is to avoid problem from these guys...

bigger question is will they actually work effectively if your car is on fire. i always talk about how i worked in downstream. in a station, you have one 9kg extingusher per stanchion.we typically empty two extinguishers on a car that has caught fire. meanwhile, the extinguisher we carry in a car is 1.3 kg or so, if i recall. na for show las las.

you should have in your house though. i better go and replenish. last sallah my son almost set the house on fire when he was grilling something in the cooker and forgetting that his mum [na so you women dey do] had stored cooking oil in the oven compartment. the oil heated, ignited,cooker had flames coming out of it, kitchen was full of smoke. i discharged the extinguisher, but all that happened was the fire would go out the go on again.

eventually i had to do it the local way, went out, got sand and poured it on the burning pot of oil

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by YorubaKing: 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
cool
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by iCauseTrouble: 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
But I don't have a car shocked
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by anambraamaka: 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
Thanks
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by PureGoldh(m): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2019
Nice write-up
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by OTayobami(m): 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2019
What if the car explode gboa!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by aziaka111(m): 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
But I don't have a car shocked
very soon u will have

11 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by iCauseTrouble: 7:05pm On Sep 12, 2019
aziaka111:
very soon u will have
Amen bro

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by Afiahomes(m): 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2019
undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by DeviIhimseIf: 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
[s]
YorubaKing:
cool
[/s]
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by femi4: 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
pocohantas:

Lots of Nigerian cars have it in their cars. Reason is to avoid problem from these guys...
And where do you think its best to put it? In the boot or inside the car
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by blueghost(m): 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2019
Really needed
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by ehiaze(m): 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
Had fire out break in my car some months ago, over 2 fire extinguishers from good Nigerians plus mine couldn't put out the fire. Guess what worked eventually? one sachet water.

Guys, always have a keg of water in your car.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by loadedvibes: 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
When fire start even your own extinguisher won't save you

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by datola: 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
Having fire extinguisher is one thing knowing how to use it properly is another.

Good one.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by GideonIdaboh(f): 7:44pm On Sep 12, 2019
Its one thing to have it and another thing to know how to use it. My fire extinguisher will expire in 3 months yet I've never used it. Do I even know how its used?
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by gaddafe(m): 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
OTayobami:

Then you know those from the village have visited you grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by meezynetwork(m): 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
Fire extinguisher saved my sienna from burning completely
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by Lexusgs430: 8:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
I would not even bother...... I would just claim on insurance.......... grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by KraticKratus: 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Just buy a better car.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by greatermeme: 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
eikechukwu8:
ok noted

Meanwhile, is your laptop faulty, slow, non functioning or needs upgrade? Do you need I.T Support? dont worry call us, We gat you, for contact check my signature.
learn to make your signature appear below every post you make! Nobody has that time to search for it in your profile!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by exquisitehair(f): 8:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
Noted.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by Sirmuel1(m): 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
OTayobami:

You wan keep bomb for boot? cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car by PAPIJAID(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
I will advise that blankets should always be available, my car would have gone up in flames about 4 months ago but for the help of blankets, just cover the fire with it and put a little pressure, my peeps it works. Fire extinguisher expires without so many drivers knowledge. Some even buy expired extinguisher without knowing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Sticker Or Emblem Do You Have On Your Car? / The Word 'MAINT' Blinks About 7 To 8 Times When I Turn On Ignition. / Why I Hate "Danfo" Buses!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.