Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans (1663 Views)

Stephen Mouka: Obidients Ridiculed As "Eluuu-P" Singer Was Spotted In Workshop / Obasanjo, Zainab Ahmed Writes AfDB, Says U.S Has Ridiculed The Governance System / I Felt Ridiculed Contesting Against Adeleke - Oyetola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by azorjiu(m): 12:09am On Sep 13, 2019
So I was reading about Nigerians who could not be returned from South Africa because of no documentation. What caught my attention was the response from South Africans.

But think about it....

Why should we expect any country to take us seriously when we parade the most inept leadership in the world?. A country being ruled by illiterates in a computer age!

Unless our youths learn to take responsibility, take these politicians to where they belong (dementia/ care homes) and shun criminality, this country will continue to be in the rank of Yemen, Somalia and other fragile states whilst countries such as Rwanda and Ghana will continue to make progress.

https://ewn.co.za/

Trinitrotoluene Bang
11 hours ago
The irony of them being illegals in SA and being refused entry into their own country because they are illegals is hilarious

Africa First Trinitrotoluene Bang
11 hours ago
Their problem they believe in champagne Marxist fairy tales.

Grant Neill
12 hours ago
They going home for a free holiday, they’ll be back in a month.

BarbarianCruncher Grant Neill
12 hours ago
Criminals, those who don't have the correct "documentation". It proves that they either went undocumented here, in Nigeria or in both countries. Imagine trying to enter the US or any other civilised country without an ID, a passport and an approved visa.

I recall a South African student who once was on the same flight as myself to New York. She was going to do her required one year practical on a relative's farm somewhere in the US on a student visa. She later wrote me that she was accosted at JF Kennedy by customs officials who wanted to know how she was going to survive in the US as she was not allowed to work. When she replied that her relative was going to "maintain" her the customs officials said that implied remuneration and put her on the next flight back home.

Zoobamboo
9 hours ago edited
Wow, everyone criticizing and putting the blame on them and other foreign nationals for being illegally in the country is so immature. First address the big elephant in the room, aka Home Affairs. They are the cause of at least 90% illegal and undocumented foreign nationals in this country due to their incompetence.

Madumbe
10 hours ago
SA is not the only country in Africa having problems with Nigerian citizens involved in crime. Nigeria needs to tackle their crime and corruption issues.

Funnyvirus
12 hours ago
As if they left a paper-trail upon arriving and staying in SA...ILLEGALY!!!!

Hyperstorm
12 hours ago
No papers? Deport them!!!

Oh … wait ...

Daphne Lesige
5 hours ago edited
Strange that foreign heads of state are Screaming Xenophobia!!!! when in actual fact they should be hanging their heads in shame for failing to provide for their people, with what they're looking for in other Countries.Clean up your acts we have a lot in our hands as a nation.Let each country handle its economic woes.Why make your problem SA's problems?

Timmy Tenbag
10 hours ago edited
I see the flight attendants holding Say No To Xenophobia sign in S.An flag colours. They send their drug lords and drug pushers here than send subliminal messages to whoever is watching that our flag represents evil. I knew the way their government is reacting to all of this, is about more than their citizens whom they could give 2 $h!Ts about being persecuted here. This is all about trying to paint themselves as Africa's true leader as they have the continents best interests at heart. Funny thing is they make our corrupt government look like darling angels, they take corruption and self interest to a new level for such a rich oil nation to have its citizens risk life and limb to go to other countries says a lot about their governance. They need to take care of Boko first before they come acting all holier than though here mxm.

Derrick
11 hours ago
Nigerians are good at faking anything. Why not create fake papers for them to get rid of these criminals. The lot operating brothels and taverns in the Cape Town areas should also go home.

KraagKop
6 hours ago
Yep. Incompetence and ineptitude thrive throughout the continent...TIA!

Alinea
9 hours ago
Unbelievable! The Nigerians could not "make-up" something .......? Really?

Greg McManus
9 hours ago
The lack of documentation is part of the anger that locals express. This is nothing new

Xitering
9 hours ago
The Nigerian president must come get them, maybe he will stop asking stupid questions as to why everyone hates Nigerians, the first answer will be staring at him at the airport.

Romeo Siera
11 hours ago
The article is not complete, it failed to mention that the main problem is documents to travel with children.

MidnightFalcon
12 hours ago
And this is probably why more Africa countries dont want their people back. Alot dont have documents for themselves or their kids.

I feel sorry for these people, they are not wanted in their adopted country here nor back home...

Africa First
12 hours ago
Same happen to some people claiming they are from Botswana, returned from the border as Botswana does not want to accept unknown people.

zakir
10 hours ago
give them all SA resident permits we need skills

Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by Sirjamo: 12:17am On Sep 13, 2019
It's an insult for any Nigerian to need documents before going to South Africa, who the fvck do they think they are? American?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by Banmeallday: 12:23am On Sep 13, 2019
Sirjamo:
It's an insult for any Nigerian to need documents before going to South Africa, who the fvck do they think they are? American?

They are not Nigger Area Niggers, and their government provides basic necessities for their people, they sing their national anthem in local dialects and not Oyibo phoneh.....

AND, they do not support retired COUP PLOTTERS to lead them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by Sirjamo: 12:35am On Sep 13, 2019
Banmeallday:

They are not Nigger Area Niggers, and their government provides basic necessities for their people, they sing their national anthem in local dialects and not Oyibo phoneh.....

AND, they do not support retired COUP PLOTTERS to lead them
Are you aware that the west, including America ones recognized Nelson Mandela as a terrorist?
Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by Flyingngel(m): 2:15am On Sep 13, 2019
Nigeria oooooo.
I refuse to blame the South African for their derogatory words abt our country.
First look through Niaraland, you will see disgusting comments against different tribes and political parties.
Look at how Nigerians are supporting their political parties and the politicians without caring to ask how far they have utilized our patrimony they held intrusted for us.
Now tell me why South Africa or perhaps the whole world shld not only insult us but kill us at will.
Let me not talk abt how we worship riches in this country thereby pushing our youth into nefarious activities within and outside Nigeria.
You will hear words from our youth like - it is better to die trying: i it dying for noble work or criminal work?
That is what we fail to ask.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by azorjiu(m): 2:49am On Sep 13, 2019
Flyingngel:
Nigeria oooooo.
I refuse to blame the South African for their derogatory words abt our country.
First look through Niaraland, you will see disgusting comments against different tribes and political parties.
Look at how Nigerians are supporting their political parties and the politicians without caring to ask how far they have utilized our patrimony they held intrusted for us.
Now tell me why South Africa or perhaps the whole world shld not only insult us but kill us at will.
Let me not talk abt how we worship riches in this country thereby pushing our youth into nefarious activities within and outside Nigeria.
You will hear words from our youth like - it is better to die trying: i it dying for noble work or criminal work?
That is what we fail to ask.

My sentiments.

What I struggle to get my head around is that in 2019, we cannot hold our leaders to account. We waste every 4/5 years strategising and fighting over which tribe will rule whilst our rogue politician consolidate their booty. Why can’t we be like Hong Kong.

An Indian friend once told me that wealthy Nigerians now go to India to die. Why won’t they die abroad when they cannot fix potholes much less the health system. What is dignifying in dying in a strange land? Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by lx3as(m): 4:33am On Sep 13, 2019
We don't have to rely on comments from lazy xenophobic people. They need to be isolated by other African countries.

What happened was that some children born to Nigerians in South Africa and being brought back needed affidavits so as to avoid child trafficking.
Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by helinues: 5:37am On Sep 13, 2019
Why would you travel to a country without having any documents at all? Passport, not even any identification and you expect the SA immigration to allowed them to leave?

Train or Bus station to South Africa dey Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by Flyingngel(m): 6:23am On Sep 13, 2019
azorjiu post:

My sentiments.

What I struggle to get my head around is that in 2019, we cannot hold our leaders to account. We waste every 4/5 years strategising and fighting over which tribe will rule whilst our rogue politician consolidate their booty. Why can’t we be like Hong Kong.

An Indian friend once told me that wealthy Nigerians now go to India to die. Why won’t they die abroad when they cannot fix potholes much less the health system. What is dignifying in dying in a strange land? Tufiakwa!

My brother , i am definitely dumbfounded.
If we want to grade between the politicians and electorates on a scale of 100 percent; am telling you Nigerian electorates shld take 80 percent while the politicians will take 20percent.
Check comments on this forum.
Atiku is cumming.
Buhari is lifeless
Ipobian flat head
Brown roof e.t.c
some don't even see anything wrong with whosoever they choose to support. To make matter worse pay them a stipend every month; Oh! You have kill them.
Criticise Buhari constructively hear, then you are and ipod and a wailer: Criticise Atiku then you are from the brown roof republic.
I am serious tired.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by Lagbaja01(m): 6:24am On Sep 13, 2019
I don't blame the South Africans, if we go back on history, we once treated the Ghanaians in similar manner, ....my blame goes to every Nigerians that refused to vote in the last election, i blame every Nigerians that sold their votes for chicken-change, i blame every Nigerians that could not see beyond APC and PDP, I blame every ethnic and religious bigots in Nigeria.....The reality on ground is that many of the politicians that brought us in this present predicament are still at the helms of affairs destroying the future of this country...we are getting towards our elastic limit, very soon we'll reach a breaking point.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:33am On Sep 13, 2019
no one respect Nigerians again since Buhari emerge President. in fact most African countries see us as imbeciles for having such a dumb old man as president.

he's slow when he's suppose to be fast, he's fast when he's suppose to be slow. he's full of himself with his deceit and ignorance of what he don't know, listen to no one. Buhari emergence as president defined the kind of citizens we have in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by Susu888(m): 7:17am On Sep 13, 2019
So wht do you want us to do??

Nd pls fix wht u wrote bcuz its not the government being ridiculed its Nigerian citizens themselves. If u want respect shun criminalities and fix ur fvking behaviors. Evrybody is a potential criminal in Nigeria, thats how bad our morals and upbringing are!

Yet u want to blame government on how u people behave in other countries. Na government suppose raise una pikins for u?
Re: Nigerian Government Ridiculed By South Africans by SolarHub(m): 7:58am On Sep 13, 2019
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Update:on Kogi Elections / Why Did God Allowed Rtd Gen. Buhari To Be Our President At This Time? / Video: Demola, Political Thug Almost Killed Last Elections Holds Thanksgiving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.