Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,188 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC (6729 Views)

Yahaya Bello Dissociates Himself From Posters Linking Him To APC Chairman Seat / Why Mass Defection Of Lawmakers At NASS Is Illegal – Falana / APC Reacts To Defection Of 15 Senators, 36 House Of Reps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by bluecircle470: 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2019
Over 1,000 members of the People’s Democratic Party from Ogun East Senatorial district of Ogun state have defected to the All Progressives Congress in the State.

The decampees were said to be loyalists of the governorship candidate of the People’s Democratic Party in the state during the 2019 general election, Senator Buruji Kashamu.

Leader of the decampees, Otunba Kolawole Akinyemi, said they decided to join the progressives as a result of landmark work done by the Governor so far attest to his sagacity and sincerity of purpose. He added that they would join hands with the Governor in moving the State forward.

Receiving them, Tunji Egbetokun, the Senior Special Adviser on political matters to the State Governor, Dapo Abiodun. Receiving them, Egbetokun who stood in for Gov. Abiodun said the decampees have made the right choice by joining the progressives, assuring them that the party would ensure fairness, equity and justice for all its members at all times, irrespective of when they join the party. Egbetokun said, “our party is open to all, even members of other parties. You have come at the right time. In our party, we do not discriminate as we give due recognition to all members irrespective of how long they have been members or their social standing”. While promising that the Dapo Abiodun’s administration would not disappoint members by formulating and executing policies and programmes that have a positive impact on the socio-economic well-being of the people, he urged the party faithful to remain resolute and not engage in activities that would bring the name of the into disrepute.

He charged the new members to bring in more people into the party, he, however, stressed that the administration would not stifle oppositions, as “competition becomes sweeter when there are opponents”. In his remark, the State Secretary of the Party, Engr. Ayo Olubori appreciated the people for coming on board. He applauded their strong desire to build the future of the State with Prince Dapo Abiodun and urged them to bring in new members to the party and work towards its progress and that of the State.

But, in his reaction, Kashamu dissociated himself from the PDP defectors, saying the action did not get his blessing.

A statement issued by his Media Adviser, Austin Oniyokor, quoted Senator Kashamu as saying that, “I do not have any problem with any one or a group of people exercising their right to freedom of association but such must be done responsibly and not with elements of lies, blackmail and outright subterfuge.

“Kola Akinyemi and his co-travellers should desist from dropping my name in their political prostitution and voyage of anywhere ‘belle face’. I dissociate myself and my genuine followers from this group of desperados.

Their movement to the APC in Ogun State does not have my blessings.” Kashamu further stated that while it is true that he has canvassed support for the Prince Dapo Abiodun-led Administration in the overall interest of the state, such should not be misconstrued to mean that he has defected to the APC or authorised any of his followers and associates to do so.

“It is true that politics is dynamic. If there is going to be any political alignment or movement in the future, it is going to be a collective decision with the buy-in of all stakeholders. And it will be done openly, not in the less than the honourable manner that these characters have done theirs.” The immediate past Senator, who represented Ogun East Senatorial District at the 8th National Assembly, urged all PDP members to keep faith with the party and continue to work for its interest and growth. Vanguard

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/kashamu-clears-air-as-over-1000-pdp-members-defect-to-apc-in-ogun/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by PureGoldh(m): 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2019
Em politicians seff... Well... Everybody wants to join the moving train grin
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by AgentNairaland(f): 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2019
Awon Oil And Gas Don Join APChit

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by helinues: 7:40am On Sep 14, 2019
Pdp is now a ghost party in Ogun state

Daniel's supporters shifted long time ago.

Now it is Kashamu.. Daniel, Abiodun and Kashamu are all from Ogun East.

Smart move by the supporters oo, after all omo wa ni

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by choky26(m): 7:41am On Sep 14, 2019
Ok
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by Onlinealaba(m): 7:43am On Sep 14, 2019
After hunger don whine their belle they have no choice than to decamp..

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by philcom09: 7:44am On Sep 14, 2019
They can provide you with grade A solar system solution from Israel up-front and spread payment, visit www.greenpowernig.com or call 01-3429170, 0700-000-7777
GreenPower Overseas Limited
35b Unity Road, Off Bank Anthony way, Ikeja -Lagos, Nigeria

Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by nony43(m): 7:44am On Sep 14, 2019
N
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by Goldencheese(m): 7:46am On Sep 14, 2019
The politricks in Nigeria eh, e no get part two.

Do you need a business plan to reposition your business or access funding for your business, we can provide you with the best business planning services you can afford. See my signature.
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by Kolisky(m): 7:48am On Sep 14, 2019
With the problems we're being faced from APC

.......you want me to read all that Who cares

.........the same set of people, same mentality they've been using to rule us. Let them just be defecting all around. It pays

Awon Defectors kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by realstars: 7:48am On Sep 14, 2019
Any opposition is an enemy to the other..
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by money121(m): 7:52am On Sep 14, 2019
Ok
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 14, 2019
confirm 19 man
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by renewable1(m): 7:57am On Sep 14, 2019
Nice move.

Do you need a 1kva solar system? See our promo

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW

1 Like

Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by fatymore(f): 8:10am On Sep 14, 2019
Good Morning my people

Change that old bedsheets of 5yrs and get a new one, you don't need to break a bank for that!

Instead of using that old wrapper to cover your body, get our duvet for chikini money!
#Weekend
#Lagos
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:28am On Sep 14, 2019
The more you look, the less you see when it comes to Nigeria politics.
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by Jeilani244(m): 9:47am On Sep 14, 2019
Their problem
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by banji1(m): 11:14am On Sep 14, 2019
Kashamu, no need denying anything, the message is clear! grin

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details.
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by menwubiye(m): 1:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
Good day Guys...
If your project do have any connection with:
- Solar Industry

- Real Estate industry

- Renewable Energy industry

- Agri Tech Industry

That needs additional funding to scale the project contact 08026521855 via WhatsApp
Idea stage projects are not welcomed.

Goldencheese:
The politricks in Nigeria eh, e no get part two.

Do you need a business plan to reposition your business or access funding for your business, we can provide you with the best business planning services you can afford. See my signature.
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by Foxman19: 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
Unfortunately the man is doing nothing in the state.
Re: Kashamu Dissociates Himself From Defection Of His Followers To APC by haffaze777(m): 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2019
Leader of the decampees, Otunba Kolawole Akinyemi, said
they decided to join the progressives as a result of landmark
work done by the Governor so far attest to his sagacity and
sincerity of purpose.

I can smell lie here perhaps Otunba Kolawole Akinyemi can please show us the work he is talking about,well the dead of APC is better than the best of PDP.PDP die by fire in my dear state and the rest of nigeria except South south and South east in Almighty Allah name (Ameen)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Health Ministry Denies Building PHC Centres For ₦‎91 Billion / Do You Still Trust Sahara Reporters? / I Saw This In My Polling Unit,is It Allowed ?? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.