Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa (13362 Views)

Obama Mistaken For A Waiter In 2003 / 78-yr-old Granny Goes To School / Gambian President Hits Out At African Union Over Gaddafi Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by armyofone(m): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2010
nah, cuz he is blinded by American visa now  grin
grin finding love in old age must be a dream come true for the granma. afterall, someone to look after you, clean and rub your aching feet etc. most of them are done paying off their mortgages sef. . . it is all good  cheesy

ziddy:

^^
Wahala dey dis Africa o! grin How do those boys manage to get it up at without puking all over sugar-grandma
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by oyinda3(f): 8:52am On Dec 06, 2010
wow. she really is looking old enough to be his grandma!!   shocked shocked
and who is she fooling? does she really think he could fall in love with her wrinkly self?  lipsrsealed she knows he is using her just as much as she is using him for sex.

and the naija wedding pic is funny. The oyinbo wife looks better suited for the groom's father!
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by Lagosboy: 4:18pm On Dec 06, 2010
Oh gosh just seeing this thread.

Ibime:

This is nothing new. I was in Gambia last year, and you can't walk down the beach for 5 minutes without seeing 10 young Gambians with white Grandmums. That culture is engrained in Gambia. And BTW, most of the female pros in Gambia are Nigerians and Sierra Leonians.

Was in Gambia 2 weeks ago and it is very true what you stated. Young gambian rastas and terribly old British women holding hands and all sorts in senegambia , cotu and all around the beaches.

I heard of a 60 plus British woman worth £7 million and bought a £500k mansion with a pool for her gambian husband in his early 30s. She spends 6 months in Gambia and while she is away the gambian wife of her husband moves in to the house with her full knowledge as she accepted polygamy.

These women are lonely and have been rjected by the socitey here in the UK, they have a bit of cash and find young men who pamper them and some genuinly marry them not neccessarily to get a visa but to get a better life in the Gambia. Poverty has eaten deep into Africa
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by MyJoe: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2010
Let's be clear: the granny was dumb. But she is the victim here. That Gambian "boy" wrote and directed the script for this movie. It was he who set out from the start to dupe someone and Granny who is both lonely and dumb happened to be there. It's time someone made a law covering these sham marriages like they have lows on bigamy.
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by tpia1: 11:22am On Dec 08, 2010
I heard of a 60 plus British woman worth £7 million and bought a £500k mansion with a pool for her gambian husband in his early 30s

no wonder we have some nigerian males cursing out every nigerian thomasina, dickina and harriet.

who wouldnt, after tasting that kind of better life.

all in exchange for a bit of panshing.

not to mention you dont even have to work so hard to impress as you would with your own countrywoman?

both in the bed and otherwise.

She spends 6 months in Gambia and while she is away the gambian wife of her husband moves in to the house with her full knowledge as she accepted polygamy

a win-win situation i guess, until the woman's heirs decide to take up the matter.
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by MyJoe: 11:24am On Dec 08, 2010
tpia1:

no wonder we have some nigerian males cursing out every nigerian thomasina, dickina and harriet.
Lol
So women have done their own version of this cliche!
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by snowdrops(m): 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2010
Naija, Africa, i hail thee.
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by isalegan2: 3:33am On Jan 03, 2011
MandingoII:

She thinks she's BETTER than him because of her wealth.

She USED him for his sex.

Now she acting all upset that it was all a scam.

what she's thought?

she knew she was a paymaster - but she wanted to keep it in AFRICA and thereby not SHAMING herself in the U.K.

Old wrinkly dry woman will be buying sex for the rest of her life.

She will be back in Africa looking for Mandingo Sex.

You hit the nail right on the head, other than the bolded.  She didn't have any "wealth."  The article indicates she is employed as a "care worker." which would mean, nursing assistant type low paying job.  The stereotype fits.  Despite being a low class brit, she still didn't want the black guy coming to England where her children would know what she's been up to. 

And what in the world kind of doggone tourist attraction is there in Gambia?  No offense to the Gambians.  Other than desperate Hot crackers looking to get their groove back?  undecided  The woman is full of stories.  She claimed they went out for drinks and got together straight away, then she said the guy doesn't drink and that's one of the reasons she found him to be a serious person she could marry. 

Utter nonsense.

cap28:

that yoruba guy try o, cant he see that that old woman is more suited to be his dad's wife and not his own wife

The bride in the traditional outfit really doesn't look that bad.  The groom looks like he's in his early thirties and the wife looks like she is in her late thirties.  White women really are not fortunate when it comes to aging well.  Unless they undergo cosmetic surgery, they start looking old in their early thirties, and sooner if they were sun-worshippers.  Also, she doesn't appear to have a lot of makeup on.  The truly odd thing in their pictures is the fact she rests her hands on the male relatives' knees. . .   
Happy new year, you.  tongue
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by cap28: 7:59pm On Jan 03, 2011
isale_gan2:

You hit the nail right on the head, other than the bolded. She didn't have any "wealth." The article indicates she is employed as a "care worker." which would mean, nursing assistant type low paying job. The stereotype fits. Despite being a low class brit, she still didn't want the black guy coming to England where her children would know what she's been up to.

And what in the world kind of doggone tourist attraction is there in Gambia? No offense to the Gambians. Other than desperate Hot crackers looking to get their groove back? undecided The woman is full of stories. She claimed they went out for drinks and got together straight away, then she said the guy doesn't drink and that's one of the reasons she found him to be a serious person she could marry.

Utter nonsense.

The bride in the traditional outfit really doesn't look that bad. The groom looks like he's in his early thirties and the wife looks like she is in her late thirties. White women really are not fortunate when it comes to aging well. Unless they undergo cosmetic surgery, they start looking old in their early thirties, and sooner if they were sun-worshippers. Also, she doesn't appear to have a lot of makeup on. The truly odd thing in their pictures is the fact she rests her hands on the male relatives' knees. . .
Happy new year, you. tongue

happy new year to you too - how are you and how was your xmas?

I went to Gambia 3 years ago for a short break and it was actually really lovely, beautiful white sand beaches and very friendly people, i have to admit that there were a disproportionate number of middle aged white women cannoodling with young Gambian men, there were also quite a few middle aged white men also seeking out young Gambian women - our holiday rep actually warned us about the sex tourism i think many of the british women know the deal and are not under any illusions as to why the guys hook up with them, there are some however who seek out these Gambian men for something a bit more serious, Gambia is quite a poor country and there arent many job prospects for the local people, therefore most of the men look for western women to take them out of the country away from the poverty.
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by isalegan2: 10:58pm On Jan 03, 2011
cap28:

happy new year to you too - how are you and how was your xmas?

::shrug::   Meh.   undecided embarassed tongue 

Check this out:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=225044.msg7453827#msg7453827

Is 2011 gonna be a good year?  Look into your crystal ball, ya gypsy!  cheesy
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by aminalib(f): 2:10am On Jan 05, 2011
wow i am reading up on Gambia sex tourisms, smh, interesting,
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by nanidee(f): 3:25pm On Mar 21, 2011
yep, what everyone here said about Gambia is 110% true. I was also there recently, and the stuff that has been put up here are quite true about their "sex tourism", lol

Humming as she walks on by,
Old mama wants young blood o,
Old mama no want make young blood come live with am o,
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by Kgdavid(m): 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2011
lol this woman has broken the golden rule, "dont kiss and tell", the two of em dont even match, one is tall and BLACK and the other short and red
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by dvonne(f): 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2012
This mama and this guy were in the same hotel as myself during my Gambian holiday in 2010.
When I saw the story in the paper i felt sorry for the guy.....
He wore bathroom slippers all through ....he did not relax at the swimming pool, was sent on errands pretty much all the time to get cigarettes etc , he even ate his breakfast at a corner....
Husband ke?
He was boy boy all thru..she was in charge, snapped her finger and they headed to the room undecided ..... and they went to the room very often we even nicknamed her "ol gal" for her room going frequency...lol
In my opinion he worked bloody hard to get close to Heathrow but the question of who used who.....She used him thoroughly .....inside and out.
Hopefully he learnt his lesson.
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by MegRN(f): 2:14am On Mar 12, 2013
Disgusting shocked shocked from both sides...i understand his motives...poverty and hunger...but hers? to get laid and "feel young"...crazy old woman..if he treated her wrong then she deserves it...
Re: A Gambian Waiter (25) Weds A Granny (59) For Visa by hajjsupremo: 1:04pm On May 02, 2013
Oboy make una no worry as long as the $$$$& keeps flowing into your account. Do you blame the boy for this? No way because African leaders are selfish minded people who are only in just to enrich themselves and grow pot bellies without thinking about the masses. The poor boy is only putting his destiny into his own hands and this is certainly how he chose to.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin And Wife Lyudmila Divorce / US To Withdraw From Niger As Security Pact Fails In Strategic Victory For Russia / Woman Blames Husband For Obama’s Reelection, Runs Him Over With Her Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.