Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? (39518 Views)

What Was It Like Growing Up In The 80s And 90s In Lagos / I Recall Growing Up Using This Torchlight As A Source Of Light / Funny Moment While Growing Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
In those days our parents especially our Mums did not spare just the rod but also everything at their disposal to instill discipline into our lives and that is why many people who can relate to these must-have grown up to be very responsible.

Here we go...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2019

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2019

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2019

41 Likes 3 Shares

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2019
Please feel free to add yours...

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by NwaAmaikpe: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2019
shocked

The only reason I turned out perfect in life is because my parents meted out all of the above on me.
They were even ingenious enough to use telephone wires as whip on my back any time I faltered when doing the Almighty pick-pin.

200 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by RoyalBlu(f): 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2019
Broom On a child It's well o.

My parents didn't use any of these on us. We still turned out good.

But our knees hear am tho cheesy.

I now understand what my parents went through in trying to set us straight . Raising balanced children no be beans.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The only reason I turned out perfect in life is because my parents meted out all of the above on me.
They were even ingenious enough to use telephone wires as whip on my back any time I faltered when doing the Almighty pick-pin.

You must have been a very obstinate child even to date...lol!

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2019
I will never forget the day the Alignment tool was used on me simply because I refused to wash plates when it was my turn......these days they will tag it Child abuse...If only they know the power and positive impact of strict discipline...Till date to leave my plate unwashed after eating scares me...GOD BLESS OUR MOTHERS

338 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by goodmorning40: 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
Broom on a child?
Its an abomination

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2019
goodmorning40:
Broom on a child?
Its an abomination

Check the landing area..it is hitting or beating a child with the handle part that is an abomination in Yoruba land even when we are not really sure of the facts..

17 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by jospepper(m): 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2019
Some collected all plus extra yet they are still irresponsible.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2019
jospepper:
Some collected all plus extra yet they are still irresponsible.

lol! certainly there will always be exemptions...

21 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Toks2008(m): 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2019
If they used this on you then you must be proper Devil's child...

Fan belt

134 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:27pm On Sep 20, 2019
all of the above grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by snipesdam(m): 1:38am On Sep 21, 2019
Poppsy used radiator hose... Aka bulala

15 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Ilerioluwa02: 4:18am On Sep 21, 2019
Belt, Radio Cable.. grin

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Gentlewarrior1(m): 4:18am On Sep 21, 2019
Horse whip no dey here

E get when my body dey use to am so tey the shit no too dey penetrate again unless u nack am for my head angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy

20 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Mynd44: 4:18am On Sep 21, 2019
goodmorning40:
Broom on a child?
Its an abomination

It is an abomination for a reason.

Broomsticks tend to break and stay under the skin which causes infection and lead to serious medical issues. So yes, it is a bad tool for correction.

UP Didn't add the infamous pankere and koboko

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:21am On Sep 21, 2019
Where is pankere angry

13 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Yankiss(m): 4:23am On Sep 21, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

NwaAmaikpe, who said you turned out good? grin

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by peterd53(m): 4:23am On Sep 21, 2019
Dz particular Nokia charger

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Afritop(m): 4:24am On Sep 21, 2019
What about koboko

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Candycrushy(f): 4:25am On Sep 21, 2019
Mine was just few of the above...i dont regret them nw...smiles

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by realstars: 4:28am On Sep 21, 2019
Now adays no more punishment[code][/code]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by swizzdre(m): 4:28am On Sep 21, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

THE IRONY

14 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by Dagrace01(m): 4:30am On Sep 21, 2019
All of the above, but none usually work on me. I usually adhere to corrections when sense is talked into me. My parent later realized and they reduced the way I'm being flogged.

14 Likes

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by kbabawilia(m): 4:32am On Sep 21, 2019
All except the fan belt

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Were You "Disciplined" With While Growing Up? by israelmao(m): 4:33am On Sep 21, 2019
Kudos to my mum,she made use of her Palm with delivery of heavy spanking while my dad made use of Whip.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Of The Worlds' Most Amazing Coincidences / Dangote Truck Crushes A Man And 3 Students Dead In Ogun (Graphic Photos) / Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.