Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,537 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss (1568 Views)

Which Of These Cars Should I Go For As My First Car? / List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy / Anyone Seen Afeez Tijani Cars? Should You Join Multilevel Networking Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss by aspiring44: 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2019
Overtime, some importers use to blame agent for theft /loss in their vehicles.

I used to have one importer who told me that if its catalyst is removed he will hold me responsible . I was like why should I be responsible ?

The thing is most of these loss/theft does happened at different port berth especially cotonou where vessel spend two days or a day before coming to Nigeria.

Recently , a job was given to by an importer - Lexus ES 350 and it was a surprised that the censor key was stolen before it gets to our . I have to get someone from ladipo to do the programming and coding for another key . So from what I gathered is that whenever our vessels berth at Cotonou is always a field for them to prey on vehicles and out of ten Lexus , they will steal 8 keys. So bad:

Ironically , Grimaldi port at mile 2 witnessed a strange occurrence that two of their drivers were caught with 20 censor key. Pronto ,they were arrested .

In essence , an importer may just be lucky that not got missing in the vehicle. Its really bad for importers to be experiencing loss all the time.

What I do most at times is to give a tip to the security guard to put a close eye on the car I am expecting when the vessel must have been discharged and he will send the picture of the vehicle to me , from there I will know that the vehicle has not been tampered with.
Re: How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss by timifakay(m): 11:55pm On Sep 15, 2019
aspiring44:

Overtime, some importers use to blame agent for theft /loss in their vehicles.

I used to have one importer who told me that if its catalyst is removed he will hold me responsible . I was like why should I be responsible ?

The thing is most of these loss/theft does happened at different port berth especially cotonou where vessel spend two days or a day before coming to Nigeria.

Recently , a job was given to by an importer - Lexus ES 350 and it was a surprised that the censor key was stolen before it gets to our . I have to get someone from ladipo to do the programming and coding for another key . So from what I gathered is that whenever our vessels berth at Cotonou is always a field for them to prey on vehicles and out of ten Lexus , they will steal 8 keys. So bad:

Ironically , Grimaldi port at mile 2 witnessed a strange occurrence that two of their drivers were caught with 20 censor key. Pronto ,they were arrested .

In essence , an importer may just be lucky that not got missing in the vehicle. Its really bad for importers to be experiencing loss all the time.

What I do most at times is to give a tip to the security guard to put a close eye on the car I am expecting when the vessel must have been discharged and he will send the picture of the vehicle to me , from there I will know that the vehicle has not been tampered with.

Ghenghen...
Once I hear car has been moved to Mile 2 or that car is shipping with Sallaum, I know there'll be extra expense...
The most recent thing is windscreen that was broken while wiper was being removed...

2 Likes

Re: How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 16, 2019
Sad. Port rats aka thieves!!

1 Like

Re: How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss by aspiring44: 6:42am On Sep 16, 2019
timifakay:

Ghenghen...
Once I hear car has been moved to Mile 2 or that car is shipping with Sallaum, I know there'll be extra expense...
The most recent thing is windscreen that was broken while wiper was being removed...

They hardly perpetrate those act at Grimaldi because of CCTV and that was why they arrested the criminals, but at sallaum is a different ball game. . That is why I pay the security on guard to monitor vehicles for me at sallum in order to keep business relationship with importers.
Re: How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss by aspiring44: 6:44am On Sep 16, 2019
Smartchoiice:
Sad. Port rats aka thieves!!

Yes . it is even on minimal level now .

In the past years it was so rampant .

We should just be more proactive .
Re: How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss by aspiring44: 7:07am On Sep 16, 2019
Either as agents or importers we should always use claims department whenever there is a theft or loss on vehicles . These will go a long way to make the shipping line work on modalities to secure what they bring in.

Before the vessel departs

Ask the picker to send you picture of the status of the car before docking ...

Ensure you have someone on ground to also send the picture once vessel discharges.

On the above

It has really helped me as an agent in going extra to save vehicles being tampered with..
Re: How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss by aspiring44: 7:12am On Sep 16, 2019
Recently , there was a scenario that played out in one of the off dock terminals . A whole Lexus. 350 was stolen inside the terminal but this has to do with the connivance amongst the workers there and the thieves.

Fortunately, the vehicle was recovered within the premises of the terminal .

The more reason a new law has been passed by five star in putting strict compliance on agent.
Re: How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss by Gokoyer0(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
I sent you a PM regarding clearing.
aspiring44:

They hardly perpetrate those act at Grimaldi because of CCTV and that was why they arrested the criminals, but at sallaum is a different ball game. . That is why I pay the security on guard to monitor vehicles for me at sallum in order to keep business relationship with importers.

1 Like

Re: How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss by aspiring44: 5:13am On Sep 17, 2019
Gokoyer0:

You can chat me up on whatspp

08084277956 .or call

Re: How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss by aspiring44: 1:55am On Sep 18, 2019
Gokoyer0:

What exactly do you want on clearing ?

Cars ?

Containers?

Brokerage with customs ?

You can get through me

Re: How Importers Of Cars Should Reduce Their Loss by aspiring44: 9:18am On Sep 20, 2019
The importer should not also delay in getting his or her telex release on time.
This causes delay too translating into loss from demurrage charges.

(1) (Reply)

Rolls-Royce Cullinan Versus Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 : Which Side Are You On? / Kid Crashes Dad's ₦26.6m Shelby GT350R To Show Off / My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.