Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme (1570 Views)

Toyota Hybrid Does Not Start / Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! / Jaguar Xf Or Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by abuchigoodluck: 11:03am On Jun 29, 2013
i need programmers to help me, my 2002 JAGUAR COLD NOT START the electtrician said if the remote does not work on the car, then it wont start, how true please? and also i need a good Jaguar engineer to come to asaba to fix the car and i shall pay for his hotel bills and feeding too...
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:07am On Jun 29, 2013
abuchigoodluck: i need programmers to help me, my 2002 JAGUAR COLD NOT START the electtrician said if the remote does not work on the car, then it wont start, how true please? and also i need a good Jaguar engineer to come to asaba to fix the car and i shall pay for his hotel bills and feeding too...

doubt that most car manufacturer separate those two systems i.e central locking and imobiliser

try a different mechanic
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 29, 2013
The remote lock / unlock is seperate from the IMMO transponder.

How did this happen - did you have any work carried out on the car prior to this? Did you buy the car as a non-runner? Or where you driving, and the car suddenly shut down, and wouldn't start thereafter?

You need to give more detail, right now things are way too vague.
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by abuchigoodluck: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2013
my car was parked then i left the country for 8months, so when i returned and tried to start the car, the double trafigotor lights keeps blinking....so the mechanic i used said the fault was due to the fact i disconnected the battery terminal head for a long time..cos i removed the battery from the car before my trip.. please i need more light on this issue...i still need a good mechanic for my car from lagos incase you have any good one...
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 29, 2013
Got you. What model Jaguar do you have? I might be able to help.
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by kablooee: 10:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
Siena: The remote lock / unlock is seperate from the IMMO transponder.

How did this happen - did you have any work carried out on the car prior to this? Did you buy the car as a non-runner? Or where you driving, and the car suddenly shut down, and wouldn't start thereafter?

You need to give more detail, right now things are way too vague.

For once the great siena is wrong, yes the remote central lock disables/activates the immobilizer on several Jags, freelander, Renault etc.
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by abuchigoodluck: 12:31am On Jun 30, 2013
Please i need a solution to the problem...can i have someone good on Jaguar to come down here and do the job...i will cover all the bills or any possible help here please
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 30, 2013
kablooee:

The remote central lock disables/activates the immobilizer on several Jags, freelander, Renault etc.
Does that mean that the car will remain immobilized should the battery of the key fob (or intelligent key) run down following disuse for a lengthy period of time? What's your advice?
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 30, 2013
kablooee:

For once the great siena is wrong...
so u have been awaiting him to make an err all these while so that you'll celebrate? Even car manufacuturers don't always get it right everytime. well he migh be wrong but he is still good and he knows his onions but I still believe he is learning new things too. I've personally learnt a lot from him and I am still gonna learn alot. Mr siena keep up the good work
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 30, 2013
To a certain degree, the remote and transponder are linked. But my point is, both operate independently. If the remote fob battery dies, the car can still be started, as long as the correct key is used to unlock the door manually. This is why when you unlock the door with the key, the alarm siren plips, and the lights flash. The key symbol ( as applicable) in the dash / instrument cluster also stops flashing.

The Landrover Freelander, Jaguar, Renault etc can still be operated with a dead battery in the key fob. You simply use the key in the driver's door, and it will unlock the rest of the doors, AND disable the alarm / IMMO.

My 2008 BMW 120d M-Sport has a spare key, and the battery's dead. It still starts the car, only the remote function is missing.

Though if there is an inherent fault in the lock / unlock system though, it could disable the IMMO, depending on what part of the circuit is affected.
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 30, 2013
abuchigoodluck: Please i need a solution to the problem...can i have someone good on Jaguar to come down here and do the job...i will cover all the bills or any possible help here please

Bro...I'm trying to help, that's why I asked what model of Jaguar you've got...but you haven't responded.
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
Siena: To a certain degree, the remote and transponder are linked. But my point is, both operate independently. If the remote fob battery dies, the car can still be started, as long as the correct key is used to unlock the door manually.

The Landrover Freelander, Jaguar, Renault etc can still be operated with a dead battery in the key fob. You simply use the key in the driver's door, and it will unlock the rest of the doors, AND disable the alarm / IMMO.
Though if there is an inherent fault in the lock / unlock system though, it could disable the IMMO, depending on what part of the circuit is affected.
Well, that was the line of my reasoning, and that was why I asked kablooee for advice if this was not applicable to the Jag.
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by lonelydora: 5:46am On Jul 01, 2013
lomomike: so u have been awaiting him to make an err all these while so that you'll celebrate? Even car manufacuturers don't always get it right everytime. well he migh be wrong but he is still good and he knows his onions but I still believe he is learning new things too. I've personally learnt a lot from him and I am still gonna learn alot. Mr siena keep up the good work

You have said it all. Although i am good in my own little way, but i have learnt a lot of new things from Siena and Ikenna351. Please keep up the good work.
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by Nobody: 6:42am On Jul 01, 2013
lonelydora:

You have said it all. Although i am good in my own little way, but i have learnt a lot of new things from Siena and Ikenna351. Please keep up the good work.
yes I learn a lot from messrs Siena, Ikenna, zimdrill, nissparts. They are good and I consider them my mentors in car talk. Btw "lonelydora" isn't that a female name? I was kinda surprised that a lady would talk about car till I checked ur gender and it gơ̴͡t me chuckling.
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by kablooee: 10:53am On Jul 01, 2013
lomomike: so u have been awaiting him to make an err all these while so that you'll celebrate? Even car manufacuturers don't always get it right everytime. well he migh be wrong but he is still good and he knows his onions but I still believe he is learning new things too. I've personally learnt a lot from him and I am still gonna learn alot. Mr siena keep up the good work

No i have not been waiting , you need not post like a child, ive always followed sienas post and i have learnt a lot from him and even mailed him a couple of times for assistance so please don't read the wrong meaning to my post.

Costee:
Does that mean that the car will remain immobilized should the battery of the key fob (or intelligent key) run down following disuse for a lengthy period of time? What's your advice?

not exactly, if yours has a transponder chip inside the key, like "Oga" siena rightly said, that will serve as an alternative way to start the vehicle but not in all models. your remote can also go out of sync and need to be reprogrammed back to the vehicle which is quiet easy.
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 01, 2013
So then, it would appear that in this case it was the remote that had a problem, and not that the car battery had been disconnected for such a lengthy period as eight months--except of course the remote lost its memory as a result of that long period of dormancy. At all events, your advice is that OP should reprogramme?
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by kablooee: 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2013
Since your vehicle battery ran down, I think the only problem you're having is the remote sync with the vehicle, can u post a pix of your remote and your key.
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
kablooee: Since your vehicle battery ran down, I think the only problem you're having is the remote sync with the vehicle, can u post a pix of your remote and your key.
Lol. I'm not the OP; we're only trying to see how best his issue could be resolved.
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by kablooee: 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
Lol... Noted. Tnx
Re: My 2002 Jaguar Could Not Start Cos The Remote Cant Programme by sultaan(m): 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
abuchigoodluck: i need programmers to help me, my 2002 JAGUAR COLD NOT START the electtrician said if the remote does not work on the car, then it wont start, how true please? and also i need a good Jaguar engineer to come to asaba to fix the car and i shall pay for his hotel bills and feeding too...

Clicks or crank no start

(1) (Reply)

Unable To Fix Security Alarm For Maza 323f GLX 1996 / Please! Enlighten Me On Toyota Corolla 2004/2005 Model / Lexus 300 Odometer Not Working

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.