Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC (7728 Views)

Postpone APC Convention In Best Interest Of Party And Democracy - APC-DINET / PDP: It’s Shameful To Arrest, Arraign Protesters But Pamper Terrorists / It’s Shameful To Lie Against A Dead Man’ — Abacha’s Wife Speaks On Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by chisomdoris: 8:59am On Sep 16, 2019
The All Progressives Congress in Ogun State has mocked the governorship candidate of the Allied Peoples Movement, Adekunle Akinlade, over his loss at the election petitions tribunal in the state.

The three-man state governorship election petitions tribunal, led by Yusuf Halilu, while dismissing the petition and upholding Abiodun’s election, described Akinlade’s petition, challenging  Abiodun’s victory,  as “destined to fail”.

The APC, in a statement in Abeokuta by the Publicity Secretary of the Caretaker Committee, Tunde Oladunjoye, said, “It is very shameful for a candidate and party that were touting to govern an educationally advanced state like Ogun”.

The party commended the decision of the tribunal for affirming the election of Abiodun as governor of the state.

The statement read in part, “This has exposed the lack of depth, procedurally contaminated and virus-invested petition to the whole world. In fact, it is very shameful for a candidate and party that wanted to govern an educationally advanced state like Ogun.

“Our advice is for these people to desist from their distractions and join Prince Dapo Abiodun in building the future of Ogun State together. The governor has been running the promised all-inclusive government.”

Also, a former deputy governor of Ogun State, Senator Adegbenga Kaka, and a chieftain of the party, Lanre Banjo, advised Akinlade to accept the verdict of the tribunal.

Kaka, who accused Akinlade of holding the state down unnecessarily for about four months, urged him to put an end to what he called “unpatriotic pursuit” by heading to the Court of Appeal.

Kaka, in a statement on Sunday, urged Akinlade to accept the verdict in good faith, noting that the state could not afford to be held down by unnecessary litigations.

Banjo commended Akinlade for his resolve to seek legal redress, rather than violence, saying the action would enhance the electoral process.

“Now that it is settled in law that Governor Abiodun won convincingly, Akinlade should join forces with the governor to lift up the state and the country.”

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/akinlades-lazy-petition-shameful-democracy-apc/

Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by olpkingh: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2019
Why calling them?
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by ossaisly(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2019
the only thing that is new here is KAKA.

who bears kaka in Nigeria?
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by Crazeworld(m): 10:40am On Sep 16, 2019
Everybody wan chop national cake by forcev undecided

Meanwhile, I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by makewetalk2: 10:40am On Sep 16, 2019
all these useless politics. i day pity people way day invest their time to day comment on nigerian politics or all these nonsense. there are people who studied political science in school. most of them are okada riders. some are fridge repairers. but some fool way no go school well. way no no anything about politics go begin open their smelling mouth way day smell like madman armpit day comment on politics. and the worst of all are those ediyots that were nepotized into politics. people like buhari are not politicians, he is a dictator not a politician. a politician stands and debates. what does a pastor have to do in politics?

the doctrine of catholicism does not go hand in hand with the signs and wonders of today. catholics never accpted healing and the power of prophecy and signs. but today in Nigeria you find catholic priests and reverends prophesying and performing signs and wonders. Mbaka is not catholic. catholics used to give holy water and communion.
today, even the things that the pope cannot do, the things never before heard in catholicism are happening in nigeria. and the thing that baffles me is that no catholic has been bold enough to stop these people. for about 2 thousand years of catholicism or orthodox practice of religion, there were no record of the sort of the signs and wonders seen in nigeria today. unheard of!

the blind followers of all these fake religion are mostly the innocent scapegoats.

if any man claims to have the power of God to heal, present him with a man without limbs and without arm. bring any amputee and we will see a clear miracle. all these closed-door-powers are fake. forget cripple who cannot work.

show me an amputee who received healing. the moment you enforce that, you will see that all these fake pastors will turn to preach salvation and skipping miracles. look at all the fake prophecies they make every december.

islam also performs exorcism. you will baffle when you get to see exorcism in islam. they criticize Christians for signs and work. google exorcism in islam and see the same thing.

weren't you surprised to see that they stone satan in mecca?

take another closer look at the crescent moon sign that the Muslims use. they use it in their hospitals and their pharmacies. but in catholicism and in orthodox they use the cross sign.

catholics and orthodox took the sun god while islam took the moon god.

is it by chance that the patriarch is representing God on earth while the Pope is representing the same God on earth? sounds ridiculous doesn't it?
how can orthodox and Catholics be serving the same god and at the same time having confusing leaders?

ask any sunni why they do not think that the life of a fellow mohammedan is worthwhile because he is sunni? and they both meet in the same mecca to pray to the same god.

1 Like

Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by helinues: 10:42am On Sep 16, 2019
Where is Amosun oga oni fila gogoro ?

1 Like

Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by zeusdgrt(m): 10:45am On Sep 16, 2019
When u have buhari's man(tanko)as chief head of Justice what do u expect?

1 Like

Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by wallex1983(m): 10:46am On Sep 16, 2019
Akinlade should forget about this one. He should prepare for the next election. Just let this be.

He stands a chance to kick this Abiodun out in the next election.
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by Wickedfacts: 10:54am On Sep 16, 2019
zeusdgrt:
When u have buhari's man(tanko)as chief head of Justice what do u expect?

Stop asking stupid questions. Were you deaf and dumb when Tanko gave judgement giving PDP that lost the election in Zamfara victory?
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by Wickedfacts: 10:55am On Sep 16, 2019
Akinlade should go and prepare for 2027.
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by humberjade: 11:03am On Sep 16, 2019
Wickedfacts:
Akinlade should go and prepare grin for 2027.

Why...because Dapo Abiodun is expected to spend two terms in office?

Issokay grin
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by Champneys: 11:05am On Sep 16, 2019
Waste of time and money.

Akinlade is an idio......t!

1 Like

Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by Wickedfacts: 11:12am On Sep 16, 2019
humberjade:

Why...because Dapo Abiodun is expected to spend two terms in office?

Issokay grin

Because of 3 reasons.

1. Dapo has incumbency
2. Ogun Central with swing votes between Ogun West and East aren't bothered about 2023.
3. GNI would never step down for Akinlade and both are from Yewa. What happened in the last election would keep happening if they don't close ranks.

1 Like

Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by humberjade: 11:35am On Sep 16, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Because of 3 reasons.

1. Dapo has incumbency
2. Ogun Central with swing votes between Ogun West and East aren't bothered about 2023.
3. GNI would never step down for Akinlade and both are from Yewa. What happened in the last election would keep happening if they don't close ranks.

1.Dapo's incumbency may not mean much in 2023...
Reasons.
- Dapo has surrounded himself with bedfellows that do not and can not bend for one another.
- He can't satisfy them all.
- he will have to choose between satisfying them and satisfying the people of d state.
- Dapo is politically weak...he doesn't have his own personal political family.
- the battle for the soul of the party in anticipation of d 2023 elections.
- Osoba, Daniel, Kashamu and the Lagos cabal in d same party? grin

2. Expect Ambode's treatment in 2023.
-Yayi is warming up.
-Hence d party is gonna breakup even into smaller factions than that of APC/APM.

3. I still doubt that the cabal at d Central would give Tinubu d ticket 2023...u know what that means? Do d math bro. grin

But who says Dapo and Amosun can't team up again.

So we are not God... But time will tell

May God spare our lives beyond 2023. smiley
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by ogaofficer(m): 12:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
You just spoke my mind man...Dapo is damn to
humberjade:

Reasons.
- Dapo has surrounded himself with bedfellows that do not and can not bend for one another.
- he will have to choose between satisfying them and satisfying the people of d state.

-Yayi is warming up.
-Hence d party is gonna breakup even into smaller factions than that of APC/APM.

3. I still doubt that the cabal at d Central would give Tinubu d ticket 2023...u know what that means? Do d math bro. grin

You just spoke my mind man...Dapo is damn to weak. But I don't see yayi taking over from even if the situation become worse.
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by renewable1(m): 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
Do we have democracy ?

Get our 1kva solar power system with solar panel for 140k.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by humberjade: 1:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
ogaofficer:
You just spoke my mind man...Dapo is damn to You just spoke my mind man...Dapo is damn to weak. But I don't see yayi taking over from even if the situation become worse.

Though 2023 is a long way out, and a lot can play out between now and then. .but as it is, Yayi is Lagos cabal's choice for 2023...whether he will nick d party's ticket or not...Only God can tell
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by juman(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
Obviously amosun and his people have returned to the apc fold that was why buhari gave him a ministerial position and some other positions compensating him.
They just allow the akinlade case to die a natural death.
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by Sonoyom(m): 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
APshit always displaying their childishness
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by zeusdgrt(m): 12:59am On Sep 17, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Stop asking stupid questions. Were you deaf and dumb when Tanko gave judgement giving PDP that lost the election in Zamfara victory?
Lol,silly talk.So u think they will make it seem obvious? besides how much revenue does zamfara generate?u are obviously not a politician or politically inclined person
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by Wickedfacts: 1:27am On Sep 17, 2019
humberjade:

Though 2023 is a long way out, and a lot can play out between now and then. .but as it is, Yayi is Lagos cabal's choice for 2023 ...whether he will nick d party's ticket or not...Only God can tell

Let's see how things pan out.

1 Like

Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by Wickedfacts: 1:32am On Sep 17, 2019
humberjade:

Reasons.

-Yayi is warming up.

I agree with some points in your no 1.

Yayi has been warming up for the last 3 years nothing new.

Without Tinubu getting the ticket, we've all seen what he's capable of in the SW. He didn't need Abuja ticket before making Amosun governor in 2007.

If push comes to shove, the only person Dapo needs to win in 2023 is Amosun. Votes from East and Central, he's good to go. West would unfortunately bring 2 candidates as usual who would end up splitting their votes.
Re: Akinlade’s ‘lazy’ petition shameful to Democracy –APC by humberjade: 7:22am On Sep 17, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Without Tinubu getting the ticket, we've all seen what he's capable of in the SW. He didn't need Abuja ticket before making Amosun governor in 2007.

While i agree with u that Tinubu is a force to be reckoned with in the SW, i totally disagree with u that he made Amosun Governor in 2007.

When u want to mention those he made Governors, mention Fashola, Ambode, Mention Aregbe, Fayemi etc...but when u mention Amosun, he was already a moving train; a ready made force to be reckoned with especially in Ogun Central (remember d role he played in helping OGD become Gov?).

The Osoba group (led by Tinubu) needed Amosun and vice versa to defeat Olurin and GNI, had Amosun lost d ACN ticket back then, Olurin would have won at d expense of Tinubu and Amosun's separate groups.

So saying Tinubu made him Gov sounds somehow...let's put aside d distaste and respect/love we have for Amosun and Tinubu/Dapo aside for a sec and take another look at it as neutrals.

Wickedfacts:

If push comes to shove, the only person Dapo needs to win in 2023 is Amosun. Votes from East and Central, he's good to go. West would unfortunately bring 2 candidates as usual who would end up splitting their votes.

This ur submission i agree with totally...and at d same time it supports my argument totally. It shows that you admit to the prowess of Amosun...u agree that some things need to be in place in other SW States apart from Osun and Lagos for Tinubu to help anybody become Gov.

He failed in Ondo and Oyo against Akeredolu and Adelabu respectively, remember? grin

As much as i salute Bola Tinubu's sagacity, baba only cashes in on nicely placed scenarios to shine outside Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Hails D'Tigress On Fourth Consecutive FIBA Women's Afrobasket Victory / Madalla Bombing: CP Zakari Biu Suspended Over Escape Of Alleged Mastermind / Gunfire, Blasts Hit Maiduguri: Boko-Haram VS JTF, 16 killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.