Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" (662 Views)

TB Joshua: I Am Tired & Want To Rest - Usher Reveals Things Prophet Said To Them / Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
I recently shared a true story about an encounter I had with a cultist No. 2 who said to me, "God told me not to play with you". And the way he had taken those Words seriously going by the consequent respect he showed to me, suggested that first, he must have heard a convincing enough voice, secondly, he must have believed it was God's.

And although it was yet puzzling to me how possible, since he was a cultist, since it tallied with what I already knew, I believed it was indeed God.

However I have come across some persons here who would rather credit intuition for the voice the cultist heard than God. Someone here even suggested that it was weed that spoke to him.

Oh well! Different strokes for different folks, so it's allowed.

And that brings me to this instance which is similar, but different in the sense that this time, it involves a little child of about five years old who told me that God had spoken to him.

Now it had to do with a particular item that I knew he was afraid of getting close in the house, needless say touching it. So I had become used to how dramatic he became whenever he was about to pass by the said item, which showed the extent to which he was frightened by it.

But one Sunday morning, while I was busy doing something in the kitchen, guess who I turned around to find close to the door, touching the same item without any fear?

Yes, you guessed right. It was the same little boy who had already dressed up for church, not just standing close to the item, but touching it with his tiny finger.

And the sight of it was quite shocking to me, because I had already become used to the drama he usually acted because of his apprehension for that item, hence I asked him, "what happened? How manage?" Because it was clear that something unusual must have taken place for him to suddenly muster courage to do so.

And that was when he said, "God said that I should not be afraid".

And I was like, wow! No wonder! Because such a drastic turn around of his attitude towards that item must have taken something out of this world.

Moreover the "Do not be afraid" he said God had spoken to him, aligned with such instances in the Bible, when His angel appeared to anyone, as it was usually the first thing the angel says to the person who are most times taken aback by such an appearance, to calm them down. {Genesis 21:17; Matthew 28:5; Luke 1:13, 30}

So It was easy for me to believe that it was God who said that to him, considering that it was a little child of about five years old who said this, and also the telling impact it had on him in that respect.

But I would like to also hear the thoughts of others on this matter, especially those who don't believe in the voice of the Holy Spirit, but just that of intuition.

Also it would be interesting to hear what the bro who suggested it was weed that spoke to the cultist guy, has to say about this, since it's a little child involved this time not a cultist.

God bless.
Re: Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 16, 2019
Holy Spirit spoke through the ass Balaam rode 2 curse the children of Israel. He can speak through any means.
If you’re passing through rough period, and you’ve prayed enough, maybe that’s the answer you’ve been seeking.

Let me share a personal experience.
B4 I went 4 Nysc, I’ve already spent 4 years at home. My prblm was partly my fault and partly what I couldn’t explain.
The year I served, I’ve lost hope of serving so I engaged in business. As I was driving home, stopped 2 buy fuel both 4 the car and gen at home. I got down 2 bring out the can, a little girl called me Corper. I simply smiled and waved at her, I was on combat with same color like corper’s khaki so I felt probably she has an elder bro or sis who is serving and must have seen him/her come home on khaki.
Few weeks later, a friend working in the university I graduated from called me that he saw my name on the list of students going 4 Nysc, I doubted it till I got to school and confirmed......
My mind went back to that little girl I encountered that evening.

2 Likes

Re: Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" by Sonsly041(m): 6:58pm On Sep 16, 2019
I believe the little boy because God can speak to anybody irrespective of age

2 Likes

Re: Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 17, 2019
RyanD147:
Holy Spirit spoke through the ass Balaam rode 2 curse the children of Israel. He can speak through any means.
If you’re passing through rough period, and you’ve prayed enough, maybe that’s the answer you’ve been seeking.

Let me share a personal experience.
B4 I went 4 Nysc, I’ve already spent 4 years at home. My prblm was partly my fault and partly what I couldn’t explain.
The year I served, I’ve lost hope of serving so I engaged in business. As I was driving home, stopped 2 buy fuel both 4 the car and gen at home. I got down 2 bring out the can, a little girl called me Corper. I simply smiled and waved at her, I was on combat with same color like corper’s khaki so I felt probably she has an elder bro or sis who is serving and must have seen him/her come home on khaki.
Few weeks later, a friend working in the university I graduated from called me that he saw my name on the list of students going 4 Nysc, I doubted it till I got to school and confirmed......
My mind went back to that little girl I encountered that evening.
You're actually right, though it happened many years ago, at the time I was still seeking to hear from God. So when that little child said that, i actually thought it was a message from God to me, to let me know that He was with me, because this happened quite close to where I was.

And God has been using them to speak to me ever since.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" by CodeTemplar: 2:41am On Sep 18, 2019
Same Holy Spirit spoke through men to inspire the scriptures but OP says Holy Spirit inspired and preserved scriptures have errors.

1 Like

Re: Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 18, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Same Holy Spirit spoke through men to inspire the scriptures but OP says Holy Spirit inspired and preserved scriptures have errors.
So was the saying of Moses concerning divorce in the scripture also inspired by the Holy Spirit?

Jesus implied it wasn't but of men!

Matthew 19:7-8 (KJV)

7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

If the saying below was included in the scriptures, you would say it was inspired by the Holy Spirit also I trust.

Re: Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" by CodeTemplar: 3:13am On Sep 19, 2019
jesusjnr:
So was the saying of Moses concerning divorce in the scripture also inspired by the Holy Spirit?

Jesus implied it wasn't but of men!

Matthew 19:7-8 (KJV)

7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

If the saying below was included in the scriptures, you would say it was inspired by the Holy Spirit also I trust.
2 Tim 3:16

All scriptures were inspired by God. If it made it into the scriptures, God inspired it, satanist PRO and spokesperson.
Re: Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 19, 2019
CodeTemplar:
2 Tim 3:16

All scriptures were inspired by God. If it made it into the scriptures, God inspired it, satanist PRO and spokesperson.
So in order words you're saying that you place that saying of Paul above that of Jesus, who said that the saying of Moses concerning divorce, which made it into the scriptures was not inspired by God but by "the hardness of your hearts"?

So tell me what the difference is between you and the Pharisees of that day who thought that saying of Moses concerning divorce was inspired by God because it was in the scriptures, hence their attacking of Jesus as you're attacking me for doing same?
Re: Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" by CodeTemplar: 2:46am On Sep 20, 2019
jesusjnr:
So in order words you're saying that you place that saying of Paul above that of Jesus, who said that the saying of Moses concerning divorce, which made it into the scriptures was not inspired by God but by "the hardness of your hearts"?

So tell me what the difference is between you and the Pharisees of that day who thought that saying of Moses concerning divorce was inspired by God because it was in the scriptures, hence their attacking of Jesus as you're attacking me for doing same?
Stop rationalizing stúpidity. Debate with God and not me.
Re: Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 20, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Stop rationalizing stúpidity. Debate with God and not me.
Was it God that send you to speak out of the abundance of your ignorance concerning matters beyond your scope?

Fill up the measures of your fathers the Pharisees, who did same to Jesus, when He let them know the Truth, that sayings as that of Moses concerning divorce which made it into the scriptures were not inspired by God but of men.

Because I know you would yet keep quoting such sayings in the scriptures to justify divorce as the Pharisees would, despite that Jesus exposed the Truth about it that it wasn't inspired of God, because of the hardness your heart.
Re: Intuition Or Holy Spirit?A Little Child Said To Me:"God Told Me No To Be Afraid" by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 21, 2019
Sonsly041:
I believe the little boy because God can speak to anybody irrespective of age
You're right but I believe God even speaks to and through little children more than adults.

Matthew 21:16 (KJV)

And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Please What's Does The Water From The Beach Used For? / Prophet Emmanuel Makandiwa - The Word Digest 01 - 2020 / Orin Dafidi 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.