Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? (20244 Views)

Is Seun Still In Charge Of Nairaland? / I Need A Foreign Facebook Account / I Need A Foreign Investor To Partner With In Waste Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by gforce5: 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
Nairaland is just a reflection of what the average Nigerian is becoming. Nigerians complain about tribalism abroad and always quick to insult any foreigner who insults the country but they are very tribalistic themselves. Yorubas and Igbos in particular would call themselves names that would make the Klu Klux Klan proud. A lot of the men here call women unprintable names. Nigerians talk about religion and morality but they cheat and commit crimes the most. They talk about people in diaspora being second class citizens abroad whereas they are second-class citizens in their own country. You are a second class citizen if you don't have money in this country. A picture of floods in Lagos turned into a tribal war even though that was the reality of life in Lagos.

The problem with this forum is they allow anybody with small data to join. The ages and backgrounds of members of this forum need to be scrutinized. Most of these people have never seen the four corners of an airport but act otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 17, 2019
Seun:
I cannot solve all your complaints about Nairaland at once. At best, I can tackle issues one at a time after identifying which issues are most urgent, and even this requires the cooperation of my staff because there is not much that I can do by myself.

I don’t know why Nairalanders act as if all their complaints are one and the same when clearly, they are very different and require different solutions. It baffles me a lot. Someone says, “I am hungry”. Another says “me too, I haven’t had sex in 6 months”. A third person says “me too, my boss sacked me”. And they are all after me like, “why are you refusing to solve this problem?” “Nairaland is totally destroyed”, etc.

The most troubling thing mentioned so far are the image spammers. I thought we had handled them a few weeks ago after enabling a new moderating tool for the supermods. Did anyone notice the improvement? Did things get worse after getting better, or was there no noticeable improvement at any point?

Please avoid listening to the naysayers & rumour mongers. The issue with image spammers on Front page has greatly improved & I no longer see them.

Please just focus on Family section & sanitize it.
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by Wigetsolar: 11:26am On Oct 17, 2019
Seun:
Please post links to the home page threads that should not have made the home page. I will personally investigate them and figure out what needs to change.

I’m waiting for the links, please.
To check religious intolerance, censor who also comments in Christian topics as you did in Islam topics.

You can't claim to protect Christians without doing that.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by jom28gy(m): 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2019
Good reminder
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 18, 2019
meobizy:
...and this why I moved to Reddit.
you don't need to announce that. You can just go quietly or create your own forum. Life is not that complex o

Most people complaining about Nairaland are the same people with multiple alternates trolling up and down.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by Seun(m): 9:08am On Oct 18, 2019
meobizy:

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. I once created a thread and what I got for my trouble were thirty one comments of pure trolling. I clicked report on all of them only to find out when I logged in using a friend's account that the offending posts were invisible only to me. For some reason whenever a mod deletes my comment it disappears completely but the same doesn't happen if I press report.
The report button also alerts moderators, who have the power to permanently remove posts that break the rules.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by omotolsy(m): 10:38am On Oct 18, 2019
O yes the report option does work well.

I used it once.

Thanks.

Seun:
The report button also alerts moderators, who have the power to permanently remove posts that break the rules.
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by error4040: 3:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
Seun Someone is abusing his power Down at the Travel Section. Like even if you joke about him you would end up with a Week BAN. Can you please Talk Sense into Him ? undecided
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by sacajawea: 3:10am On Jan 06, 2020
vichaz10:

Sir,
Who the heck are/is IgbereTV ....
Hahahaha
Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by Seun(m): 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2020
error4040:
Seun Someone is abusing his power Down at the Travel Section.
Like even if you joke about him you would end up with a Week BAN.
Can you please Talk Sense into Him ? undecided
Justwise hasn’t changed. Sorry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? by error4040: 11:42pm On Jan 06, 2020
Seun:
Justwise hasn’t changed. Sorry.
well I guess the New year started With a different perspective, he is now a changed MAN.
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Neigbours That Will Point Fire Extinguisher Not Phones: Tweet Of The Day / Chinese Girl Writes With Both Hands At A Time, In Different Languages / Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.