Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,784 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse (20268 Views)

Nigerian Man Oche Clifford successfully turned into a pretty woman (photo) / The Clifford Hoyt Experience / Man Eating Men ! Clifford Orji's "brother" Innocent Orji Cannibal Kidnappers .ch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by chidonzone(m): 10:15pm On Sep 02, 2012
Family members of the celebrated alleged man-eater, Clifford Orji, who died three weeks ago, may have rejected him even in death.

This is because nobody has come to claim his body.

Orji died after 13 years of awaiting trial in Kirikiri Maximum Prisons, Lagos, and his body was deposited at the Isolo General Hospital mortuary.

An authoritative source at the hospital, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told Sunday Sun that Orji’s body was brought to the hospital by prison officials.

However, since then, neither the family members nor the prison officials have come to check on it.

The source said the hospital authorities have been waiting for whoever would take responsibility for the corpse.

He told Sunday Sun that there had been similar cases where family members refused to claim their dead ones and after a period the hospital management procured necessary documents from the law courts, Ministry of Health and other relevant authorities to bury the abandoned corpses.

The source said: “But in the case of Clifford Orji, our hands are tied. We are patiently waiting to see what the government would do because, as it is, nobody is willing to claim the body.”

The senior official said though the hospital has symbiotic relationship with the Prisons and the Police, it would not have accepted the body of such a controversial person.

However, when contacted, a senior management member of the Prisons, who did not want his name in print, said the Nigerian Prisons Service did not do anything wrong by depositing Orji’s body in the government hospital.

The prisons official said: “The police charged Orji to court and the court in question gave us Clifford Orji to keep for the government, which we did for 13 consecutive years.

“When he eventually died, we could not have buried him.

“So we have to give it to the government hospital to keep for the government.”

He confirmed that during the 13 years the late Orji was in prison custody awaiting trial, nobody came to identify with him.

The prisons official also told Sunday Sun that with his death, the prisons had washed its hand off Orji’s case.

It would be recalled that Orji died three weeks ago after a brief illness.

He gained national attention following allegation that he killed and ate human beings and sold their parts to ritual killers.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/cliford-orjis-family-rejects-corpse/
Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2012
Mu che che che che che che! cheesy

Why dem dey reject the dedi body naw? Nor be their property? If to say him build big mansion for the village, na so dem go dey struggle for who go bury am.

Mu he he he he he! Igbo people sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 02, 2012
So he had a family al this while.undecided
Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by KayDee4: 10:48pm On Sep 02, 2012
If no one came to visit him in prison for 13 years, I doubt if anyone will come forward to claim his corpse. Double wahala for dedi bodi.
Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Callotti: 10:51pm On Sep 02, 2012
Typical of primitive folk!
Live like animals, die like animals. . .survived by animals! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Callotti: 10:54pm On Sep 02, 2012
pDude: Mu che che che che che che! cheesy

Why dem dey reject the dedi body naw? Nor be their property? If to say him build big mansion for the village, na so dem go dey struggle for who go bury am.

Mu he he he he he! Igbo people sef.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep_xnXZh8a8

E nor get money nau.
If na Orji Kalu. . .dem for claim am sharp-sharp!

There are Orjis and there are ORJIS!!!
Make no mistake o!
Mu eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_eHbzBZPnA
Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2012
Yes of course,he Nationalized in Lagos, he is a Lagos Citizen why sending him back to east now he is dead?grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by alienware(m): 2:11pm On Sep 03, 2012
May his soul rest in peace. If u have given ur life to christ Mr Orji he won't reject u now,because this is the time u need him most. U could have a filthy past and ur family might reject u even in death but ..... Who knows ? U might have given ur life to christ in that hell hole called kirikiri.

4 Likes

Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
Success has many friends but failure, is a bastard!

If he was some kinda millionaire... Dey'd be dragging for his corpse.
Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by freecocoa(f): 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2012
Why them dey expect people to claim him dead before? No be nigeria again? Them fit even arrest person for knowing that bascard so i no too blame them.

I say feed his corpse to vultures jare.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by freecocoa(f): 2:15pm On Sep 03, 2012
Imanuelle: Success has many friends but failure, is a bastard!

Go claim the body na, as if anybody sent him to become what he is.undecided
Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
freecocoa: Go claim the body na, as if anybody sent him to become what he is.undecided

Cocoa.. U nuh c d 'if' for my statement? U dun too drink ga.r.r.I ba?? Ur vision dun dey blurred! tongue

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by SoocoolTM(m): 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
Nobody likes to associate with failure. Meanwhile I'm currently sipping "garri" with a straw, u should try it

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Super1759: 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2012
Ï
*smh* this why I admire our aboki brothers. Just open ground put the rotten body, comot eye. Or better throw him into lagoon,make fishes enjoy small

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by freecocoa(f): 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2012
Imanuelle:

Cocoa.. U nuh c d 'if' for my statement? U dun too drink ga.r.r.I ba?? Ur vision dun dey blurred! tongue
Your post be me like say you mean say them gats claim the body.

Anyways i dey use bre*stmilk drink G4 so e no fit affect my sight.tongue
Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 03, 2012
They should cremate his body nau! Why are they making so much noise about it? Who in his right senses would claim the corpse? We have long forgotten about him not until we heard he just died.abeg make pesin hear word joor!

2 Likes

Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2012
freecocoa: Go claim the body na, as if anybody sent him to become what he is.undecided
Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by greall1: 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
Send am back to inewi
Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Shaw007(m): 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
I believe We have lots of labs and med skuls that wud need that body for study and research. . Why waste it by burying it na.

3 Likes

Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by Chanchit: 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

You never hear of efulefu, those ppl their father was chased away from their community due to one atrocity or the other and will never go back

Guys its okay, pls don't fight, sebi all of us be Igbo nau, don't let the Yoruba's see us doing this.... Oya make we go collect the body throw for bar beach... undecided
Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by freecocoa(f): 2:30pm On Sep 03, 2012
berem: They should cremate his body nau! Why are they making so much noise about it? Who in his right senses would claim the corpse? We have long forgotten about him not until we heard he just died.abeg make pesin hear word joor!
To cremate his body will be like performing a funeral rite(atleast our indian brothers think so) throw him into the evil forest or into a shyt filled hole(wetin dem dey call am for hinglish sef)
Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by freecocoa(f): 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
Chanchit:

Guy its okay, pls don't fight, sebi all of us be Igbo nau.... Oya make we go collect the body throw for bar beach... undecided
Bar kini? You want make all the fish wey dey there die? Abeg o to leave am for evil forest make vultures and ndi nmuo chop am go better undecided

1 Like

Re: Clifford Orji's Family Rejects Corpse by realwale: 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2012
Imanuelle: Success has many friends but failure, is a bastard!

clifford was arrested in 1996,so dat makes it 16yrs without trial.whats wrong with our judiciary and police force. Some folks spent 6yrs for alleged pick pocketing awaiting trials. I guess clifford was nt tried so dat he wont name dose he was supplying human parts.

So many innocents nigerians are behind bars for donkey years awaiting for simple offences they did nt even commit in d first place.

God save niger

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Post Sharing On Nairaland (Shared Posts) / Truck Crushes Boy To Death In Aba (Graphic Photos) / What’s That Thing You Can’t Turn Down No Matter How Angry You Are?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.