Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) (81840 Views)

Elon Musk Becomes World’s 3rd Richest Person / Mark Zuckerberg Now The 3rd-richest Person Alive / Bill Gates Tops Jeff Bezos As Richest Person In The World: See The Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Susu888(m): 6:23am On Sep 18, 2019
Badmod:

Intellectual ZoneB.
Show me where it's written in THIS PASSAGE that Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa.
I know your dumb ass will refer to this
"
Despite being the largest city in the continent in terms of population and Gross domestic products (GDP), Lagos only has a total wealth of $96 billion"

See the figure below to know your paymaster Score card...
Don't just bark around like a loose Dog.
Goodnight brother.

Another idiot!
1- Where did i mention that my claim about Nigeria having the largest economy in Africa is from the passage?

2- Only a dumb fvck like u will read" largest city in the continent in terms of population "and somehow associate it with my claim of largest economy in Africa. For fvck sake go back to school and learn comprehension.... like are u this stupid?? Damn!

3- Use Google to verify what u read in terms of facts or statistics u slowpoke. I hope u know how to use it (google search engine) bcuz after wht u jst wrote i wouldn't be suprised one bit if u can't!

4- The pics u attached are jst proving my points u idiot. undecided(Largest economy in Africa as at now 2019)

The topic is tlking about how rich they are as private citizens/ entrepreneurs while the person i quoted was jst like ur stupid *ss linking the standards of living to the size of the economy.

It seems u don't even know what i am arguing about, kindly understand my argument before quoting next time. Its really an embarrassment if ur kind are the set of people we as country are boasting of as youth/leaders of tomorrow!

Proudly a Zombie tongue

A little something to help ur fish brain process...

[/b]World's Largest Economies Aren't the Richest. GDP per capita is a measure of a country's economic output that accounts for its number of people. It divides the country's gross domestic product by its total population. That makes it the best measurement of a country's standards of living[b]

What u simply need to understand from the topic is that South Africa is richer than Nigeria (better living standards/individual wealth) while Nigeria has a larger economy. kiss plus we still have the highest GDP as well check ur source again and i hope its not some silly bank with imaginary numbers as ur source!

When doing research trust worthy and verifiable sources are very important to avoid story tales and fictions smiley.

Finally, i conclude that this topic is nothing but mere propaganda. Google is ur friend.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by lucianohase(m): 6:23am On Sep 18, 2019
Fake list
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by oluwaahmed: 6:35am On Sep 18, 2019
Base1line:
and you still foolishly believed Jonathan & Okonjo lies till date ?
The foolishness of many of you Igbos ehn !

You are the one whose foolishness is legendary

Nigerian GDP now includes previously uncounted industries like telecoms, information technology, music, online sales, airlines, and film production.

GDP for 2013 totalled 80.3 trillion naira (£307.6bn: $509.9bn), the Nigerian statistics office said.

That compares with South Africa's GDP of $370.3bn at the end of 2013.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-26913497
Our GDP was higher than theirs by $170bn. Its only someone like PMB that can reduce our GDP by half ($225bn from $509bn). The man deserves an award biko.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Kennydoc(m): 6:36am On Sep 18, 2019
Caseless:
do you read at all?

How do you mean? From the tables posted, Jo'burg has a total wealth of $248bn while Nigeria has a total wealth of $225bn. Didn't you see the 2 tables?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Kennydoc(m): 6:43am On Sep 18, 2019
AJ10:

Lagos is the richest state in Africa with $91 billion. Johannesburg wealth is just $76billion

and For ur information Nigeria is leading South Africa in term of wealth with about $200 billion plus. one idiot dey Asia dey compel list without accurate data and u arguing with put verifying it.. always have benefit of doubt on every news u read bro

Can you please provide a link to your source?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by chozzy: 6:49am On Sep 18, 2019
Badmod:
Oga oo...
SA :$ 649B
9ja:$225B

225 × 3 =675

SA economy is three times bigger than ours...
Just 5 years ago under GEJ...we are the biggest economy in Africa...
Thanks to Buhari...ZoneB coming in 3:2:1

Very sad my brother

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by vibbb: 6:56am On Sep 18, 2019
Wow, thnks for the info.
But if you look closely to naija for instance, all your listed points are also existing via a greater % if am not mistaken.

Dasuks:

SA is home to industrial concerns and premier service sector firms that are owned by locals. Well they've been connected to the globalized economy for longer and have developed actual companies that make things. Actual companies that dont need govt patronage to survive in the long term.... look around Lag Abj and PH there's a lot around as well.

You have raw materials, midstream processing firms and large scale down stream operations of all sorts. Retail is strong. Tourism is strong. Agric is advanced.Tech (including defense industry) is strong and the financial services sector there is home to every kind of institution from I-Banks to retail to PE to VCs etc. They get to benefit from every ones wealth as well thru finance.JSE is Africa's largest exchange.

Take for e.g Naspers, Africa's biggest firm by market cap. They have diverse interests and actually derive their wealth chiefly from their China based investments in tencent and the rest. Again the point of being more globalized.

Then again, it's most the European populations that hold this wealth.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by leofab(f): 6:59am On Sep 18, 2019
Olumyco:

See let's get this fact. Credit Based System is what makes wealth evenly distributed in many countries. Nigeria practice Cash Based System and that's why it is not like that. With this system you are free to work and make your money. Most Nigerians dont leave on loans and co unlike UK, US and co. So get this right. Nigeria is a country where if you are able to translate your ideas into reality and not lazy you will make it.

The poverty many people here are shouting about, have they sat down to calculate the poverty threshold in relation to Naira and Nigeria's case?

UN says anybody living below $1.9 a day is poor. This is approximately 700 naira. So let's look it.... how many people or what category of people in Nigeria live below 700 naira a day?

Sometimes we are too gullible in this country. To me it's only the Almajiris, few old men/women in cities who cannot work again and some people in our local towns and villages that live below this amount. Even Agbero earns more than this a day. So what are we saying?

Go to Liberia, Niger Rep and so on and see poverty. Even US has poverty. Infact someone holding 600 naira in Nigeria is still richer than someone holding an equivalent amount or let's say $1.9 in US.
the agbero you mentioned has like three kids at home.. now do the maths sir
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by lawaladesinaayomi(m): 7:05am On Sep 18, 2019
babzo:
So Lagos has almost half of Nigeria's wealth?

Thats too uneven.

What are other states doing?

At least other states have sea ports, airports, large population, area boys, governors, churches?

What is going on here?

Citizens of other states, challenge your governors.
This is the best comment here. Thank you for this important question, our over dependant on federal government is way too much.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by cenaman(m): 7:16am On Sep 18, 2019
Badmod:
Oga oo...

225 × 3 =675

Mumu read well, government is not included.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by WHITELIGHTER: 7:17am On Sep 18, 2019
Heffalump:
This statistics translates to nothing in the end undecided

Ironically, Nigeria is rich and poor at the same time. Abeg, let me come and be going. Nonsense sad

Are we not rich and poor @ the same time?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by saintneo(m): 7:23am On Sep 18, 2019
So Lagos is wealthier than most subsaharan Africa countries.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by nick50(m): 7:34am On Sep 18, 2019
Nigeria under gej is the richest economy in the continent but since afonjas assisted the north to impose the dullard the giant of Africa has been now relegated to 3rd only God know s our position by 2023
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by penguinpikin: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2019
SHEY DEM CALCULATE AGBERO MONEY AND OMO ONILE OWN JOIN...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Johnnyessence(m): 7:43am On Sep 18, 2019
engrchykae:
when the 1999 governors can buy Egypt and south Africa.
the likes of tinubu,orji Uzo kalu,Peter odili,James ibori,Donald duke,kwankwaso.
these 1999 gang of 36 crooks and their gang leader obasanjo can buy Egypt and south Africa plus even Greece in Europe
lol you remember history. well-done.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Jake420: 7:56am On Sep 18, 2019
Germannig:
9,900 wealthy individuals in a country of 200 million people That is like 0.0000000000000000001% wealthy tongue tongue tongue tongue
9900 people with over 1m dollars.
That's 360 million naira.
Not hard to believe we are the country with the highest poverty rate after all not many people have over 360 million except for bank owners, entrepreneurs,government workers all about 9900.
But that 4 billionaires is a lie i know otedola is only 400million dollars but there have to be other billionaires
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 18, 2019
Wonder how we hit no.3 should be last on the list...country wey Mallam don baje

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Okoroawusa: 8:21am On Sep 18, 2019
BrainBox4N:
Only Lagos is richer than the fifth richest country in Africa.

my Lagos?

wow!
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Rotimi47: 8:36am On Sep 18, 2019
BrainBox4N:
Only Lagos is richer than the fifth richest country in Africa.

Than Kenya.

Abeg na help I help you talk am finish O!
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Nobody: 8:47am On Sep 18, 2019
Sunofgod:
Fake list!

As a man thinks in his heart , so it is
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by soleexx(m): 8:53am On Sep 18, 2019
look at dasuki, or... u go skol sha
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by ubox: 8:54am On Sep 18, 2019
maybachmusic:

Dasuki stole 500b dollars?

grin cheesy grin
The thing weak me grin
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by soleexx(m): 9:01am On Sep 18, 2019
maybachmusic:

Dasuki stole 500b dollars?
grin cheesy grin
look at dasuki, or... u go skol sha
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Badmod: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2019
Susu888:

Another idiot!
1- Where did i mention that my claim about Nigeria having the largest economy in Africa is from the passage?

2- Only a dumb fvck like u will read" largest city in the continent in terms of population "and somehow associate it with my claim of largest economy in Africa. For fvck sake go back to school and learn comprehension.... like are u this stupid?? Damn!

3- Use Google to verify what u read in terms of facts or statistics u slowpoke. I hope u know how to use it (google search engine) bcuz after wht u jst wrote i wouldn't be suprised one bit if u can't!

4- The pics u attached are jst proving my points u idiot. undecided(Largest economy in Africa as at now 2019)

The topic is tlking about how rich they are as private citizens/ entrepreneurs while the person i quoted was jst like ur stupid *ss linking the standards of living to the size of the economy.

It seems u don't even know what i am arguing about, kindly understand my argument before quoting next time. Its really an embarrassment if ur kind are the set of people we as country are boasting of as youth/leaders of tomorrow!

Proudly a Zombie tongue

A little something to help ur fish brain process...

[/b]World's Largest Economies Aren't the Richest. GDP per capita is a measure of a country's economic output that accounts for its number of people. It divides the country's gross domestic product by its total population. That makes it the best measurement of a country's standards of living[b]

What u simply need to understand from the topic is that South Africa is richer than Nigeria (better living standards/individual wealth) while Nigeria has a larger economy. kiss plus we still have the highest GDP as well check ur source again and i hope its not some silly bank with imaginary numbers as ur source!

When doing research trust worthy and verifiable sources are very important to avoid story tales and fictions smiley.

Finally, i conclude that this topic is nothing but mere propaganda. Google is ur friend.
Opo oro o kun Agbon (plenty talk no dey full basket)
I need to take you back to school to teach you how to win arguement, probably you miss your essay classes back in high school...

Talking about individual wealth is directly proportional to the state wealth, wonder why Lagos is the richest state in Nigeria (richer than any of the oil producing state),the answer is simple..Lagos is where everything happens,HNWI's pay high taxes and have companies,e.t.c.
I'm sure you read where the Initial passage talks about companies pulling out of the country.

Using any Demographic available and comfortable for you...compare Nigeria Economy under GEJ and PMB...
Let's see what your messiah scores will look like.
I'm a Nigerian and I only pray the country gets better Because it has direct effect on everything around me...
But we must sound it loud that your Boss is a Failure..hopefully He will listen to us and brace up (good that we have a new economic management team,which I hope and pray they deliver)
Good policy is not rocket science my friend.
Buhari just need a round peg in a round hole not inversely like He's known for.
Have a fruitful day.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 18, 2019
vibbb:
Wow, thnks for the info.
But if you look closely to naija for instance, all your listed points are also existing via a greater % if am not mistaken.

It's all good brody. Look at Naija you cant find any operating oil refineries. Dangote would be the only profitable one in the near future. Mining is not even an industry yet. The tech minister was happy that we were manufacturing pencils. What does that tell u ? DICON is dead whilst SA manufactures the some of the best tanks and APCs with orders from western govts.

Got to OEC (run by mit) and run Nigeria's name and see what we really offer to the world. Take out oil and gas and we are pretty much bare.

I started with the refinery topic to give u a picture. That even in what we do best. The only thing we actually have an advantage in and yet, no deep devt in that sector. IOCs come and do the upstream work pay a tax and share production with NNPC. That's it. That's the oyel money..... that can put us over smalll countries like Ghana and co. But when it comes to Egypt and SA no way. Holdings of private wealth in those countries are more developed and diverse.

You know that when Egypt revises their gdp calculation as we did in 2014 they are slated to become Africa's no 1 economy right ?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by vibbb: 11:04am On Sep 18, 2019
Hmmm, I rest my case.
You said it all.

Dasuks:

It's all good brody. Look at Naija you cant find any operating oil refineries. Dangote would be the only profitable one in the near future. Mining is not even an industry yet. The tech minister was happy that we were manufacturing pencils. What does that tell u ? DICON is dead whilst SA manufactures the some of the best tanks and APCs with orders from western govts.

Got to OEC (run by mit) and run Nigeria's name and see what we really offer to the world. Take out oil and gas and we are pretty much bare.

I started with the refinery topic to give u a picture. That even in what we do best. The only thing we actually have an advantage in and yet, no deep devt in that sector. IOCs come and do the upstream work pay a tax and share production with NNPC. That's it. That's the oyel money..... that can put us over smalll countries like Ghana and co. But when it comes to Egypt and SA no way. Holdings of private wealth in those countries are more developed and diverse.

You know that when Egypt revises their gdp calculation as we did in 2014 they are slated to become Africa's no 1 economy right ?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2019
vibbb:
Hmmm, I rest my case.
You said it all.

Nah my dude I do not mean it in an argument kinda way. We re cool.

See the images below. The first is Nigeria. Second SA

Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
Badmod:
Oga oo...

225 × 3 =675

Richest not biggest economy bro, read again and digest it wink
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Litmus: 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
Germannig:
9,900 wealthy individuals in a country of 200 million people That is like 0.0000000000000000001% wealthy tongue tongue tongue tongue

In that case, Nigerians should ignore those trying to set them against one another along ideas of wealth inequalities. As the “evidence” clearly indicates, there are no substantial rich elites in Nigeria on which to make the case for supposed oppression and exploitation by Rich Elites. The message being, work hard, exploiting the very many opportunities in Nigeria occasioned by there being a paucity of services and amenities relative to population.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by StillX10(m): 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2019
14:

Egypt, Nigeria and morocco combined, are still smaller than South Africa. So which country is the most powerful in africa?
Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by manlawal(m): 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2019
Badmod:
Oga oo...

225 × 3 =675

you equally agree nigeria has 4 billionaires? that thing up there is a trash
Re: Nigeria Ranks 3rd Richest Country In Africa By AfrAsia Bank (Full List) by Base1line: 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2019
I can't even imagine arguing over the foolishness.

[s]
oluwaahmed:

You are the one whose foolishness is legendary

Nigerian GDP now includes previously uncounted industries like telecoms, information technology, music, online sales, airlines, and film production.

GDP for 2013 totalled 80.3 trillion naira (£307.6bn: $509.9bn), the Nigerian statistics office said.

That compares with South Africa's GDP of $370.3bn at the end of 2013.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-26913497
Our GDP was higher than theirs by $170bn. Its only someone like PMB that can reduce our GDP by half ($225bn from $509bn). The man deserves an award biko.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adama Indimi And Husband, Malik Ado-Ibrahim Pre-Wedding Photos / Dangote, Otedola, Sam Iwuajoku And Richie Shittu Chilling During Sallah Period / Please Help, Iproo.net Legit Or Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.