Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency (1400 Views)

Exposed! See The Suspected Money Launderer For Diezani Madueke And GEJ (photos) / [PHOTOS] Buhari Pictured With Obasanjo's Alleged Money Launderer 'anne Welsh' / Akpabio Secretly Donates To Buhari's Campaign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2010
2011 election not about me, but the future of Nigeria – Jonathan
News Oct 30, 2010 By HENRY UMORU & DANIEL IDUNOR

* Campaign rakes over N400 million

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan says the 2011 presidential election is not about him as a person, but about the future of the country, just as he stressed that he was presenting himself as a vehicle of change.

Speaking at the fund-raising dinner organized by the Goodluck/Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation at the International Conference Centre, Abuja on Friday night, Jonathan urged Nigerians to contribute to the project he described as a movement that would bring about peace and ensure security in the country.

“This election is not about me, it is about Nigeria and the future of her great citizens. It is in this regard that I am confident that Nigerians from all walks of life, living in cities and communities and regardless of faith, state and ideological persuasion will not only donate their widow’s mite but will give us their full support”, he said.

Meanwhile, over N400 million was raked by the campaign organisation with the highest donation of N250 million from the chief launcher, the CEO, Buo Group of Companies, Alhaji Abdulsamad Rabiu. The donation was made on behalf of his family, friends and twenty of his companies.

Mr. Jimoh Ibrahim, Mike Adenuga, Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola, Senator Ibrahim Mantu, Chief Edwin Clark, Chief Tony Anenih, Sanni Dauda, Hope Uzordinma, Senator Mohammed Ohiare, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, Engr. Segun Oni, Emeka Offor, Tonye Douglas, Don Etiebet, Senator Ameh Ebute, Ted Nwoko, among others, donated N1million each. Bayelsa State supported the organization with N20 million on behalf of the state executive; former PDP national chairman, Ahmadu Ali, N250,000; Professor Jerry Gana, N250,000; Obong Victor Attah, N500,000; former Bayelsa State governor, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, N500,000; and South East Ndigbo, Lagos N500,000.

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, Senator Bala Mohammed, donated N42 million on behalf of members of the Federal Executive Council, while Ogun State governor, Gbenga Daniel, announced N26 million donation from the governors of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, even as he said that with Jonathan as a former member of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, they had no choice than to support him. He added that one of the presidential aspirants on the PDP platform and governor of Kwara State, Dr. Bukola Saraki, would bring his own donation to the campaign organization.

Present at the event were the vice president of Kenya, Kolauzo Usianga; Senate President David Mark; Speaker Dimeji Bankole; Deputy Speaker Usman Nafada, while the chairman of the occasion was Oba Otudeko.

Also present were governors of Delta, Benue, Cross River, Ogun, Zamfara, Kaduna, Bauchi, Gombe, Nasarawa, Bayelsa, Sokoto, Katsina, Akwa Ibom, Plateau State deputy governor and her Rivers counterpart.
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2010
This people have no shame at all.
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by demovriks: 11:44pm On Oct 30, 2010
look at d way those fools are contributing looted money dat will be waisted on campaign while we wallap in poverty.God wil one day detroy dem and dr families.
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by Osama10(m): 11:47pm On Oct 30, 2010
They are basically sowing seeds now. grin
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by marvix(m): 7:11am On Oct 31, 2010
Common guys what were you expecting, is there anywhere in the world where campaigns are excuted without funds.

Is there a law that bars exconvict from donating to campaigns, If IBB can be allowed to seek elective office, Alamyeisegha should and is allowed to donate to whoever he wants to donate to.

I find the part of Saraki bringing is own contribution very funny, I guess this is politics because If I were to make a speech I would tell them that on the primaries even Ibb will cast his vote for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan because he is the man.

Let the game begin, victory is assured. GEJ for 2011
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by slap1(m): 7:42am On Oct 31, 2010
krendo:

This people have no shame at all.
They are sowing where they'll reap. Where were you during OBJ's presidential library chicanery? Technically, this is in order. Campaigns, world over, are funded in like manner.
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by slap1(m): 7:47am On Oct 31, 2010
@Op. Don't you think the thread-title is kinda subjective?
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by MaiSuya(m): 7:47am On Oct 31, 2010
I believe Daniel was just being cheeky with the comment dat saraki, also a contender for d ticket, would bring his own contribution.

Kai! Ga KUDI!!
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by MaiSuya(m): 8:03am On Oct 31, 2010
Btw, who, as d topic claims, is convict among them?
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by buccaneer7(m): 8:18am On Oct 31, 2010
@ Mai Suya

former Bayelsa State governor, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, N500,000
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by jamace(m): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2010
@OP

Show me any presidential aspirant that is not basking on the platform of stolen wealth. Is it IBB or Atiku? Is it Saraki or Gusau? Just name them. They are all power robbers because they used the position and authority given to them by the people to steal.
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by GoldCircle: 10:19am On Oct 31, 2010
Ah! I am surprised!! How can Aliko donate N1m only?? Even Otedola?? Haba!! During OBJ's time someone even donated a private jet to the campaign organization! C'mon, GEJ, u can do better now!!
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by 1025: 11:17am On Oct 31, 2010
pdp is simply a gathering of established criminals in nigeria.
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by awumenn: 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2010
they are brothers in crime.
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 31, 2010
So you people do not know the difference between alleging that IBB or Atiku is a Thief and Alamesiegha that has already been convicted by a court of law?

Atiku or IBB have not been pronounced guilty by any court of law.

Alamesiegha is a convicted thief who has done his time in jail and yet this Presidency considers it right to accept campaign donation from him.

Shame on Jonathan.
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by aljharem(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2010
marvix:

Common guys what were you expecting, is there anywhere in the world where campaigns are excuted without funds.

Is there a law that bars exconvict from donating to campaigns, If IBB can be allowed to seek elective office, Alamyeisegha should and is allowed to donate to whoever he wants to donate to.

I find the part of Saraki bringing is own contribution very funny, I guess this is politics because If I were to make a speech I would tell them that on the primaries even Ibb will cast his vote for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan because he is the man.

Let the game begin, victory is assured. GEJ for 2011
what do u mean it is everywhere in the world,
so when ppl are suffering in nigeria, bunch of thieves can just be wasting our money like it is there own money angry
the money they did not work for  cry cry

Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by youngmonie: 1:21pm On Oct 31, 2010
still d same old PDP money machinery, femi otedola dat is owning banks money, most of dose business men are dogs, dangote otedola adenuga and jimoh, dey  wer all donors during objs tenure, and we all know what dey benfitted, now again der errrr
Re: Convicted Money Launderer Donates To Jonathan's Campaign For Presidency by marcdunu: 3:38pm On Oct 31, 2010
All the noise about Jonathan being the Change, Clean or Righteous candidate has been busted.

Let us all agree that he is as bad as all others if not worse.

Now let him tell us his policies or what he stands for. Enough of the noise about being God sent.

(1) (Reply)

Pointblank News.com To Shut Down By Efcc Because Of Fake News / Captain Elechi Amadi On Aluu Killing Of Uniport Students / Aregbeshola for President in 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.