Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change (21784 Views)

ASUU Strike: Fudma, Mouau, Unimaid Accepts Fg Offer / Private Schools Reject FG’s Decision, Get Set To Participate In WASSCE / Reps Fault FG’S Decision Of Re-opening School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by jarawa: 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2019
The management of Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi (FUAM) in Benue State on Wednesday formally acknowledges the Federal Government under President Muhammadu Buhari decision to change the name of the institution. Vice Chancellor, Prof. Anande Richard Kimbir, made the disclosure in his speech during the matriculation of new students of the institution for the 2018/2019 academic session.

Kimbir informed the gathering at the occasion that the federal government has changed the name of the institution from Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi (FUAM) to Joseph Tarka University (JTU), noting however that an official communication was still being awaited to specify the mandate, vision and mission of the university’s new status.

He therefore charged the new students to define their priorities and settle down quickly to face the challenges ahead, stressing that their study requires commitment, determination and strict discipline. He also disclosed that within his two years of manning he affairs of the university, the first ever Open Education Resources (OER) platform launched at the institution had been rated one of the best and mostly used OER in Nigeria with more than 381 profiles of researchers and staff, thereby, enriching the university website with intellectual collections.

The vice chancellor added that the feat had tremendously improved the ranking of the institution from 47th to the 33rd position in the ranking of universities in Nigeria and that the trend would continue as the school strive to attain its desired height in the future.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/makurdi-varsity-accepts-fgs-decision-of-name-change.html

Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2019
cc:lalasticlala over to you
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Chukwu94: 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
RIP to Michael Jackson.
Sorry its coming late.. I did not have a phone then.

He would really be missed

30 Likes

Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
Good move. Later some people will say that Buhari doesn't know how to turn the economy around. Now tell me if this won't take Nigeria to the next level.

Sai Baba jare!!!

27 Likes

Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by morikee: 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
Finally
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by ForeThinker: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
Left with no choice

Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by owila4luv(m): 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
students will soon protest
asuustrike1:
cc:lalasticlala over to you
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by deolumike(m): 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2019
Not unbefitting I'd say...

Check the signature
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by drizslim(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
Nawa for this kind name eziokwu

3 Likes

Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by klassd(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
Lol I hope they protest, just like Unulag students did some years back.
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Wonyo: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
I laff in Benue.... KO si were ... Lalastica.. Lala to re oke, ile lon bo
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Heavenschild: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
This would never happen back then when I was still a srudent.Greatest Uniben.

Try it with us back then and we will protest unclad..
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by DjHypno(m): 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
Still hot and fresh... Download the hottest 9JA DJ Mix right now on my signature and thank me later.

Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Flamzey00(m): 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
Let’s leave this name and Better the university itself. School na scam#

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by emmyid(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
J. S Tarka. That was some Politcian back then.

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Endtimebro: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hmmm
Imagine the institutions' name on the statement of result of some guys will be different from the one on their original certificate
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by KingLennon(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2019
What's wrong with the previous name? That's irrelevant to me well I know its politics that's it.... grin
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
Why the change, always venturing into adventure that is dead on arrival
Check siggy below
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by sod09(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
:-)
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
KingLennon:
Wat?

You just read it. They are changing the name.
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by scholes23(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
owila4luv:
students will soon protest
just like what UNILAG students did when FG had the intention of changing it to MAULAG

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by treatise: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
iAudio:
Good move. Later some people will say that Buhari doesn't know how to turn the economy around. Now tell me if this won't take Nigeria to the next level.

Sai Baba jare!!!

[size=8pt]It is well. Meanwhile, Betting Cashiers needed at Merrybet Shop, Near Naspoly Police station, Jos Road, Lafia in Nasarawa State. Candidates must be computer literate with high grasping abilities even with ZERO betting shop experience. Interested persons should submit his/her applications or call 09035661312. Thank you.[/size][size=8pt][/size]
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by martphreak(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
I just hope my certificate won't bear that yeye name sha

1 Like

Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by jkendy(m): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
Changing the name of an institution doesn't dismiss the fact that, the facilities within the institution are nothing but eyesaw, a sorrowful condition.
Do something within by improving the condition of the school instead of making useless noise over name changing

2 Likes

Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2019
Markurdians to Tarkadians cool
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2019
Benue now enjoying dividends of APC democracy
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by 24kmagic: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2019
K
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by 12345baba(m): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2019
So na name change be fg headache
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by Royalfurnitures: 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2019
They shouldn't stop at changing the name of the university but also fund it and others nationwide properly

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by hopevalley: 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2019
Does changing the name improve a university? Click on the first link on my signature if you would really like to be making millions of naira through export business.
Re: Makurdi Varsity Accepts Fg’s Decision Of Name Change by scholes23(m): 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2019
morikee:
Finally
It's about to go down

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eunice Favour Bags PhD In Pharmacognosy In Finland, The First Nigerian / I Have Lost Interest In School / ASUU Strike: FG Summons Vice-Chancellors To Abuja For Crucial Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.