Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion (14691 Views)

Two Civilians Charged With Abba Kyari Plead Guilty To Dealing In Drugs / Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial: Lawyers Plead With DSS To Have Access To Court Room / Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by docadams: 10:58am On Sep 19, 2019
Bemby69:
uote author=docadams post=82369942]@OP, your
source though!

The punch, as clearly stated above.

Are you the OP?
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 19, 2019
Flier:
grin grin grin grin black man stylishly gathering evidence
I hope they were not paid to plead guilty

You go fear PAYMENT..

Threatened to jail..

Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by DAramis: 10:59am On Sep 19, 2019
Flier:
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Too much oil dey your head grin
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by olisaEze(m): 10:59am On Sep 19, 2019
Naija is just waking up to their responsibilities after the backstabbing from the (I don’t want to use the NL appellate for those from that region, but if u know u know grin) former CJN Alpha Belgore.

No love for this country like Rotimi Amechi said, just put us up on OLX already abeg! angry
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by mymadam(m): 11:00am On Sep 19, 2019
Flier:
...I hope they were not paid to plead guilty
Sshhh lipsrsealed
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by Jaynom(m): 11:00am On Sep 19, 2019
Flier:
Did you read and understand what was written at all?
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by kinibigdil: 11:01am On Sep 19, 2019
Plead guilty to tax offence in Nigeria? They are foreigners right?
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by Flier: 11:01am On Sep 19, 2019
Naughtysite:

You go fear PAYMENT..
DAramis:
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Too much oil dey your head grin
No one plead guilty in Nigeria,even if they do,not because of unsubstantiated claim of fraudulently acquired land from state government
State government,not individual
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by adioolayi(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
was the fraudulent contract signed in UK?

Does UK law allow a private company to seize the asset of sovereign country?

Same PID lost the case in usa ,ran to UK to get judgement unfortunately uk law doesn't allow a company to seize an asset belonging to a country
I don't know anything about law....I just wish it is the best move to save our economy. I wish the FG best of luck
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by manitoba(m): 11:02am On Sep 19, 2019
Slam them with 19 billion Dollars fine and let them be the one looking for how to pay Nigeria the balance.

Even the rotten body of that their Mechanic Head that led this fraud may be needeed for auction to pay the balance. Lol
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by PerfectMatchNG: 11:03am On Sep 19, 2019
Xmas is close by Oh! Unnecessary arresting will be on the uprising! Abeg avoid anything that will bring you to men in black!
You carry dread = arrested
Officer I saw what happened = come write statement
IPhone 11= arrested
Argue with neighbour = arrested (crime, noisemaking ) be wise

5 Likes

Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by ABUPHARM(m): 11:03am On Sep 19, 2019
Ykc2:
If Nigeria is not like Yemen or Somalia Northerners will never be happy that's why Buhari will do anything to implement Ruga but we southerners are waiting for him to come with the plan, but am afraid of afonja Muslim they will support buhari'a plan

Lol, like you have problem with afonja Muslims.

No sensible Muslim would understand this Fulani plot and still support them.
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 19, 2019
Good one, let justice be done

We open verified WeChat and Alipay wallet.
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by megamank(m): 11:04am On Sep 19, 2019
livebyday:
No!!!

Nigeria should not go this route !!

This will only.lend more international support to PId and make Nigerian government look like bullies

Bad move in my opinion

Okay .... What should they have done? Hope u wouldn't say begging or negotiations?
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by Yankee101: 11:05am On Sep 19, 2019
Lol. Case closed

Greedy outsiders in conjunction with greedy nigerians want to take the country to the cleaners
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by Flier: 11:06am On Sep 19, 2019
Dee60:

How does that stop the 9 billion dollar case?
It does my brother,Fine them 15 billion dollars under Nigerian law,pay $9 billion to Uk court and keep the change
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by Sleevia: 11:06am On Sep 19, 2019
Flier:
not really. READ the bloomberg report on this.
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by gbenga44: 11:07am On Sep 19, 2019
Exactly my thoughts!

Flier:
grin grin grin grin black man is stylishly gathering evidence
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by SirBunky85(m): 11:08am On Sep 19, 2019
Flier:
fraudulently acquired land from state government and they pleaded guilty right away and you really think there is nothing behind it ?
why won't they plead guilty for a smoother plead bargain?
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by 2T215: 11:08am On Sep 19, 2019
In every contract, there is a provision for Arbitration clause (where cases are to be resolved, if they come up). If the UK was listed, then the case can be heard right in the UK

ORIENTATION101:
was the fraudulent contract signed in UK?

Does UK law allow a private company to seize the asset of sovereign country?

Same PID lost the case in usa ,ran to UK to get judgement unfortunately uk law doesn't allow a company to seize an asset belonging to a country
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by 15ssDRIVE(m): 11:09am On Sep 19, 2019
analysta:
Which part of the move is bad? Nigeria is a sovereign state with it’s own laws. If UK can fine Nigeria under UK laws, Nigeria can try P&ID under Nigerian laws! International community has nothing to do with this.

Where is the meme of that cold crate of origin!

The Boss here deserves lots of the meme. At lest we Dey see people wey dey make school people get respek.
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by Cheryphb: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2019
If you open your eyes very well you will see the source link. Sorry I also commented before you modified your comment
docadams:
@OP, your source though!

Modified:
Correct source added las las.
The witches and wizards that killed in the night now confessing in the daytime. God/Allah be praised.
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by LadyExcellency: 11:15am On Sep 19, 2019
I don't understand what is fraudulent in acquiring Land from State Government.

Was the Land sold by Cross Rivers State Government without documentation and suddenly stolen and transported to unknown location in Southeast?

Haba
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by docadams: 11:16am On Sep 19, 2019
Cheryphb:
If you open your eyes very well you will see the source link. Sorry I also commented before you modified your comment

Once again are you the OP?
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by Wickedfacts: 11:16am On Sep 19, 2019
livebyday:
No!!!

Nigeria should not go this route !!

This will only.lend more international support to PId and make Nigerian government look like bullies

Bad move in my opinion

Is this the most intelligent thing you could come up with?
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by Efewestern: 11:25am On Sep 19, 2019
Sanchez01:
A step in the right direction! It was a contract instituted on falsehood and should be treated as such.

Belgore and all politicians involved should be exposed and possibly brought to book. It doesn't make sense that a contract of donkey years ago was recently reopened in a bid to milk Nigeria.

How so-called expats conveniently set up tiny organizations and take on massive government projects tells a whole lot about the rot in our system.

If the basics of the contract are found to be false, there just might be no case to begin with and that could be the joker at quashing the $9 billion claim in the UK court.

This case is a very interesting one, some of our politicians are damn evil, teaming with a foreigner to dupe your country, My LAWD!
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by boban007: 11:36am On Sep 19, 2019
Dee60:

How does that stop the 9 billion dollar case?
EXACTLY , IT'S JUST AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY.
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by boban007: 11:39am On Sep 19, 2019
Badonasty:

All these na delay tactics...Nigeria defaulted on a contract yes or no....soiling the reputation of the company doesn't change the facts and the ruling of a competent court in the United kingdom
U 'VE SAID IT ALL. IT WON'T CHANGE OR REVERSE THE JUDGEMENT.

1 Like

Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by ORIENTATION101: 11:43am On Sep 19, 2019
boban007:
EXACTLY , IT'S JUST AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY.
blablablabla . If they re found guilty as charged. Nigeria also slam then more than $10b dollars fine since the fraudulent contract was signed here.
Re: P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion by wirinet(m): 11:46am On Sep 19, 2019
gazilion:
Aaarrgghhh...Nigeria has started their own politics with this. I believe, the P&ID Representatives Pleading guilty must be in cahoots with the FGN to prove a point why the money will not be paid! However, we didn't need all this fire brigade law suits if our justice ministry did their jobs on time. P&ID may be a fraudulent company that connived with corrupt insiders to want to rip us of our common wealth, however, our government took things for granted for too long. Someone should have been sacked for this poor job!!

You that is the lawyer of P&ID ( just like justice Belgore), provide the tax receipt of P&ID in Nigeria for the past 20 years. I hope you know that all companies registered under CAC are required by law to file tax returns yearly. All that the staff of P&ID has to do is plead not guilty and then provide the tax receipts.

If Nigeria can as a sovereign nation can MTN $5.2billion, what stops us from fining P&ID $10 billion.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olusegun Dada Replies Atiku, Explains What "Project Gazzelle" Is / Sen. Akpabio Casts His Vote In Akwa - Ibom (photos) / Provide Evidence That You Defeated Me In Presidential Election – PMB To Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.