Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,375 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period (2331 Views)

I Saw Myself Praying In Dreams..waht Does Dat Significant / Are Female Pastors Antichrist ? / What's Wrong With Female Pastors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by adaybayor(m): 9:48am On Oct 31, 2010
durring menstratiiiiiioooon,are you allowed to climb the temple angry angry angryu
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by onstelly(f): 10:26am On Oct 31, 2010
Wat sort of stupid question/thread is dis?
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by adaybayor(m): 10:40am On Oct 31, 2010
@onstelly, silly my foot, if you dont know what to say then just keep to your self, you are a lady so i undy your sentiment, do you serve GOD with an unclean body?GOD will accept nothing but that which is pure

i wait for your opinion, ok
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by onstelly(f): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2010
@poster if there is anyone to shut da Bleep up here is u, jus because a women is seeing her monthly flow makes her unclean. I think u really needs ur head recheck for starting this thread.
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by adaybayor(m): 11:13am On Oct 31, 2010
huh let me check your profile to be sure u arent one of those NL kids, @onstelly you dont seem to understand anything about this issue, nd dt doesnt mean you should be insultive,when u menstrate you release blood that is enough dirt, another ? for you, can you read your bible just after sexxxx without cleaning first
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by adaybayor(m): 11:14am On Oct 31, 2010
huh let me check your profile to be sure u arent one of those NL kids, @onstelly you dont seem to understand anything about this issue, nd dt doesnt mean you should be insultive,when u menstrate you release blood that is enough dirt, another ? for you, can you read your bible just after sexxxx without cleaning first
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by yommyuk: 6:00pm On Oct 31, 2010
@adaybayor

Most new age female brethen won't get this message.
It is a hard nut to crack cool
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by adaybayor(m): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2010
@yommyuk

you get mouth,some Ppl just cant think straight , it is not with no reason that non of the prophets of god is female, dont you think so
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by Lalateeza(f): 10:55pm On Oct 31, 2010
@adaybayor

You are a perv!
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by yommyuk: 11:25pm On Oct 31, 2010
@adaybayor

" Women monthly cycle" a sensitive issue which I have decided to shy away from.
Secondly, although I agree that the issue is relevant, it is not key to salvation.
I call it baby milk and not meat for matured christians.
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by bashydemy(m): 12:04am On Nov 01, 2010
Well Islam is the religion that teaches everything and how you have to be clean to serve God and woman are not Allow to lead, even in the time of prophet Mohammad (AS) women never go to mosque they pray at home and stay away from the Holy Quran during there monthly period but xtain did not teach all this so they don't care as far as she sing and the congreagation are happy and donate money Shikena

1 Like

Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by yommyuk: 12:45am On Nov 01, 2010
but xtain did not teach all this so they don't care as far as she sing and the congreagation are happy and donate money Shikena

Agreed cool
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by KunleOshob(m): 7:01am On Nov 01, 2010
@bash demy
Even without the monthly period, the bible clearly forbids women from preaching in churches or taking leadership roles. Female pastors that we have today are clearly unbiblical.
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by bashydemy(m): 7:56am On Nov 01, 2010
@yummyuk first time you agreed with me you are Blessed insha Allahu
@kunleosho so now you believe most pastor's did not follow what is in the bible all they do is bussiness
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by adaybayor(m): 8:33am On Nov 01, 2010
thank u all for your contribution, may u all be blessed, female pastor is clearly again biblical teaching but xtians dont seem to c anytin wrong with it, to serve god is by TOTAL submition and not byby self interest,
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by adaybayor(m): 9:05am On Nov 01, 2010
@lalateeza

i think you are just out of idea
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by bashydemy(m): 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2010
You right Adaybayor
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by Joagbaje(m): 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2010
adaybayor:

durring menstratiiiiiioooon,are you allowed to climb the temple angry angry angryu

It has no relevance any longer. It was an lot testament practise. In christ now we are one. No female or male.

Galatians 3:28
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by bashydemy(m): 6:45pm On Nov 01, 2010
Joagbaje:

It has no relevance any longer. It was an lot testament practise. In christ now we are one. No female or male.

Galatians 3:28
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i can't stop laughing so Old testament is no use anymore is that what you mean?
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by KunleOshob(m): 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2010
@joagbaje
You keep displaying your ignorance of scriptures, are you telling me that as a pastor you have not read in the book of corinthians and Timothy written by by Apostle Paul as well that women are not allowed to speak in church or hold positions of authority over men in church effectively barring women from pastorial office. What that means in effect is that Anita is holding her pastoral office illegally and her so called calling is a fraud against the church being aided and abetted by her equally notorious and fraudulent husband.
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by JeSoul(f): 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2010
KunleOshob:

@joagbaje
You keep displaying your ignorance of scriptures, are you telling me that as a pastor you have not read in the book of corinthians and Timothy written by by Apostle Paul as well that women are not allowed to speak in church or hold positions of authority over men in church effectively barring women from pastorial office. What that means in effect is that Anita is holding her pastoral office illegally and her so called calling is a fraud against the church being aided and abetted by her equally notorious and fraudulent husband.
  Kunle just a quick question.

Do women speak in your church?
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by KunleOshob(m): 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2010
@jesoul
As a matter of policy women do not occupy leadership roles in my church even though they speak. But then again what my church does is not what matters but what was handed down to us by the founding fathers of the church. Also note that the form and struture of early church gatherings is different to the form today. Then it was more of a meeting were believers met to discuss the word and share meals together rather than the type we have today were only the pastor and chosen officials get to speak without any fellowship meals.
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by JeSoul(f): 8:14pm On Nov 01, 2010
^Thanks for the response Kunle.
KunleOshob:

@jesoul
As a matter of policy women do not occupy leadership roles in my church even though they speak.
I'm not trying to be cheeky but the verse is very specific women must not speak at all. Might I solicit your opinion on this as well as how your church (if you know) justifies the permission of it? thanks.

Also note that the form and struture of early church gatherings is different to the form today.
Well noted and seconded.

Then it was more of a meeting were believers met to discuss the word and share meals together rather than the type we have today were only the pastor and chosen officials get to speak without any fellowship meals.
I also agree there has been massive deviation from the standard by modern churches - some of them bad and some I don't think are too bad.
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by adaybayor(m): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2010
thank you all for you objectivity, one fact remains that todays xtians have deviated so much from the true teachings of the bible , hardly can you find a church that is not for money making, we have so much fraudsters parading themselves as prophets, imagine if any of them can live a life similar to that of jesus, no flashy cars, no mansions

1 Like

Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by onstelly(f): 9:18pm On Nov 01, 2010
adaybayor:

Btw me n u who sound lyk a kid, i can see dat u are high on cheap weed.
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by KunleOshob(m): 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2010
@jesoul
Personally I don't see any thing wrong with female pastors or women taking leadership roles in churches. What I don't like is the hypocrisy going on in churches and the practise of picking and choosing which biblical doctrines to follow and manipulation of scriptures to justify such.
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by adaybayor(m): 10:11pm On Nov 01, 2010
@onstelly
u dont need to pick up a fight with cause i speak nothing but the truth, you is not compulsory you agree with me and cant you c that you seem to be only one that is not beenobjective on this thread, instead of you to try and drive home your point you are out here beating about the bush, if my opinion gets you wild then simply get off the thread, at least you havent made any reasonable contributn, but insult, just beginning to imagine so kind of personalty you are made of,

and in case u think you a useful comment i will be very glad to read from you, thanks anyway, i remain my humble self
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by adaybayor(m): 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2010
@onstelly
u dont need to pick up a fight with me cos i speak nothing but my mind, it is not compulsory you agree with me and cant you c that you seem to be only one that is not been objective on this thread, instead of you to try and drive home your point you are out here beating about the bush, if my opinion gets you wild then simply get off the thread, at least you havent made any reasonable contributn, but insult, just beginning to imagine so kind of personalty you are made of,

and in case u think you have  a useful comment i will be very glad to read from you, thanks anyway, i remain my humble self
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by bashydemy(m): 10:51pm On Nov 01, 2010
lets call a spade a spade its not Biblica for a Woman to lead congregation except like women leader even Quran does not support it
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by Joagbaje(m): 4:50am On Nov 02, 2010
@kunleoshob
KunleOshob:

@joagbaje

Stop calling me pastor.you are inciting sentiments against my posts. Im joagbaje. I never told you I'm a pastor.
Paul says women should not teach their husbands and should not disturb the church services with questions. But they were encouraged to teach ,prophesy etc. There is no female holyghost. The same holyspirit works in all Christian .
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by JeSoul(f): 3:52pm On Nov 02, 2010
KunleOshob:

@jesoul
Personally I don't see any thing wrong with female pastors or women taking leadership roles in churches.
Just curious, how do you reconcile this with Paul's instruction against women pastors and speaking in church?
Re: Female Pastors: Waht Is The Option During Your Period by KunleOshob(m): 4:06pm On Nov 02, 2010
Well I would assume Paul was talking within the construct of a culture that was intolerant to female leadership which is different from our culture today which is much more tolerant of it. That aside there is no indication Paul was giving a commandment from God rather he was talking from his position as a leader of the churches in question.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Year Old Prays An Unforgettable Prayer At The Potter's House -bishop Td Jakes / If You Are Ashamed Of Me-so Shall I Be Ashamed Of You! / The Real Story Behind The Trending “fallen Angel”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.