Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules (25491 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Nigeria Court Can't Try Me / FG May Sell Public Assets To Fund 2020 Budget / Rochas Okorocha, Wife, To Forfeit Assets To Nigerian Government – EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by Iziquiel(m): 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

and you think this order will have any bearing on the $9.6b judgement?
Shameless thing! Some of you can't wait to see this country burn to the ground because of stupid political affiliations. God will disappoint you and your ilks.
Charge and bail Lawyer.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by baby124: 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2019
Focusmind:
Nigerian courts cannot arbitrate or adjudicate on matters between P &ID and the Nigerian government.

Nigerian government signed an agreement that all matters concerning their contract with P&ID would be decided in British courts or the international court for arbitration.

The Abuja court judgment is of no effect. Nigerian leaders should be serious in scrutinizing contracts before they sign and not stop running up and down when issues comes up. They ought to have done what they were supposed to do but failed in the usual Nigerian way of " leaving like that. Nothing go happen".

They are used to running to court to obtain fake judgment - it wont work in this case. Go back to the British court and tell the British Crown Court to order P&ID to forfeit their Nigerian assets and not one Mahmud court in Abuja.
Nigerian courts will decide because P&ID came to do business with Nigeria and not Britain. In fact Britain had no jurisdiction on this case. Britain claims to be top notch in education but even their so called judge is as brainless as allowing a court in Britain to hear this case. If you go and do business in America or you want to sue the American government for something that happened to you in America, will you go and sue them in Switzerland? See how you are talking nonsense with confidence. Shame. Go to school, you will not go.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by sizer07: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2019
References:
The Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday convicted and subsequently ordered the winding up of Process and Industrial Development Limited and its Nigerian affiliate, P&ID Nigeria Limited, for charges of fraud and tax evasion in respect of the contract leading to the recent controversial judgment of a British court empowering the firm to seize about $9.6bn worth of Nigerian assets.

Justice Inyang Ekwo, in his judgment also ordered the forfeiture of “the assets and properties” of the two firms to the Nigerian government.

The judge made the orders shortly after the two firms, through their representatives, pleaded guilty to the 11 counts instituted against them by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

While P&ID Limited incorporated in British Virgin Island was represented in the dock by its Commercial Director, Mohammad Kuchazi, P&ID Nigeria Limited was represented by Adamu Usman, who is also a lawyer.

Both men pleaded guilty on behalf of the companies to all the 11 counts read to them before Justice Ekwo on Thursday.

Kuchazi was represented by his lawyer, Dandison Akurunwua, while Usman represented himself.

They were accused of among others, fraudulently claiming to have acquired land from the Cross River State Government in 2010 for the gas supply project agreement which led to the $9.6bn judgment.

After the defendants pleaded guilty to the 11 counts, an EFCC investigator, Usman Babangida, was called to the witness box for review of facts which was not opposed by the defence.

Documents relating to the controversial 2010 gas supply contract and EFCC’s investigation activities were tendered and admitted by the judge as exhibits without objection from the defence.

The judge then went on to pronounce the two firms represented by the two men guilty.

Making an allocutus, plea for mercy, P&ID’s lawyer Akurunwua, urged the judge to consider “the forthrightness and candour” of P&ID by pleading guilty and not wasting the time of the court in the trial.

https://punchng.com/breaking-court-winds-up-pid-nigerian-affiliate-orders-forfeiture-of-firms-assets-to-fg/

All those allocutus charge and bail judges who interpreted and pass a judgements saying an agbero from the streets can walk into any courts located in there area, sign an affidavit for just 500 naira saying he is a phd holder but the result is with his ancestors and contests for the highest political office in Nigeria. If he oh she is denied to contest, d Agbero shd jst cite a case(Buhari vs Atiku) spit...... on all Nigeria judges that partake and also see this shameful act and refuse to say anything. They are now providing medicine after deaths with kangaroo judgment to pleased there pay masters. forfeiture of what ? kobo kobo properties when the heavy damages has been done. When $9.6b (3.2 trillion naira) 20 % of Nigeria foreign reserved was slammed on Nigeria where where they?fake SANs and judges who will see a spade and called it chop sticks. B4 they paid that money, de shd better sale this scam called Nigeria and give me my share. I cant be part of this trash oh.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by abijah1: 2:42pm On Sep 19, 2019
hahahaha the movie just started. who are their presentative? �����I Lough in French. good art by Nigeria, interesting scene two let see scene three
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by saintade01(m): 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
What GEJ failed to do.

Kudos sai Buhari. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by BENEAMATA: 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
I expect those who blamed he govermen of the day at the beginNing of this saga to crawl ou of heir hiding en mass to apologise as they did in lambasing despite having scant knowledge about what went down , but I won't hold my breath ! Let's just thank god you lot are not entrsted with running the affairs of this nation .pretty sure abuja and lagos will have come under benin republic post code by now a la bakassi under our first ever presido of the third reublic .
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by blacksta(m): 2:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
Medicine after death ... You and I know this is a Kangaroo Judgement .. The question is why now ? Nigeria has a backward way of doing things

it is ok to prosecute those involved locally .. but the focus should be appealing the international Judgement
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by kayusely70(m): 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
What about those who signed on behalf of nigeria and the person who allegedly gave them legal advice, they should all be prosecuted.
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by googi: 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
Some of these people will support jack, rats and chicken against Nigeria. If they have Nigerian citizenship, they should be declared persona non grata.

Yet, these are people representing the country everywhere or as usual, self interest.
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by TruthinAction: 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
TemmyT002:

What is this one saying?
Those people confessed to being guilty.

I think it was arranged. That is what is meant by kangaroo Court. The truth will eventually come out. Let's wait for the response of the company.
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by baby124: 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2019
Now prosecute all those involved locally. Whether within government or not. If they are within government they should tender their resignation ASAP. This should serve as an example because 100’s other scams and companies looking to scam are watching this case closely. I think contracts in the petroleum sector in the last 20yrs, military and infrastructure should be reviewed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by Cajal(m): 3:36pm On Sep 19, 2019
Tit for tat
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by GoodMuyis(m): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2019
CyberWolf:
Will this judgement affect the one they got in UK? By the way, do they have any assets in Nigeria?

It will be a reference point that the case they brought the UK court is fraudulent during Appeal which is the best way to go. Am still having this thought that Nigeria will still pay sha, between $250m - $500m
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by Obec70(m): 4:06pm On Sep 19, 2019
Wait o thought they said P&ID is company, doesn't have an office? How come this judgment? Abi na all this charge & bail lawyers against the novice/poor tenants? Na waoh 4 nija.
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by LadyExcellency: 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2019
You can't seize nonexistent assets.

The company is a tenant in it's head office.

Na two computers and four sofa be assets?

This EFCC and that Court na mumu. Why not jail their companies representatives for 30 years for a start?
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by atiku07(m): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2019
i knew those guys were fraudsters
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2019
How much are their assets in Nigeria worth? Definitely not 9.1bn dollars.
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
Funny if you must ask me, you pay tax on money generated.
F.G has not paid any money to P&ID in the course of this Gas to power project, so I wonder where they expect them to pay the tax from.

I smell a sinister move here, like a case of, I obeyed your court order, now you must obey mine.
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by Legendguru: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2019
Oh
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by teemy(m): 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
quentin06:
How much are their assets in Nigeria worth? Definitely not 9.1bn dollars.
CyberWolf:
what I’m saying is that the company doesn’t have asset that the government will seize.
LadyExcellency:
You can't seize nonexistent assets.

The company is a tenant in it's head office.

Na two computers and four sofa be assets?

This EFCC and that Court na mumu. Why not jail their companies representatives for 30 years for a start?

Adding this conviction to an appeal of the uk judgement, it might just bury P&ID considering the uk is one of those countries that take tax evasion as a VERY serious crime. Remember mafia boss Al Capone? The US could not find a witness to rat him out on his criminal businesses but they got him on tax evasion, sent him to prison where he died of syphilis.

If they do not have 'seizable' assets, it further shows they never had the bare minimum required to apply for the contract in the first place and thus wanted to scam the Nigerian government for what they could not accomplish and thus probably connived with some fraudulent officials to pass the screening stage. Just a few sacrifices from the secretary that collected bribe to an high ranking official in the ministry on the part of FG, P&ID bosses will be the ones begging not to be sent to jail.

I feel this is checkmate!
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by Strategical: 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
aguiyi2:
What is our government cooking now?

You are a genius. You really got the gist. The government is doing what it knows how to do best. �
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2019
teemy:

Adding this conviction to an appeal of the uk judgement, it might just bury P&ID considering the uk is one of those countries that take tax evasion as a VERY serious crime. Remember mafia boss Al Capone? The US could not find a witness to rat him out on his criminal businesses but they got him on tax evasion, sent him to prison where he died of syphilis.

If they do not have 'seizable' assets, it further shows they never had the bare minimum required to apply for the contract in the first place and thus wanted to scam the Nigerian government for what they could not accomplish and thus probably connived with some fraudulent officials to pass the screening stage. Just a few sacrifices from the secretary that collected bribe to an high ranking official in the ministry on the part of FG, P&ID bosses will be the ones begging not to be sent to jail.

This is a serious matter, FYI nothing will happen to the PI&grin people, the matter will just die and be forgotten .after the media and social media frenzy.

BTW we were just making our honest contribution and playing chess. The keyboard is not a Chess board incase you forgot.
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by LadyExcellency: 1:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
teemy:

It's not true. Nigeria has already agreed to settlement but to the tune of "how much" is the disagreement.
Re: BREAKING: P&ID must forfeit all its assets to Nigeria, Court rules by teemy(m): 1:14pm On Sep 20, 2019
LadyExcellency:

It's not true. Nigeria has already agreed to settlement but to the tune of "how much" is the disagreement.
There is something called strongarming

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo Advises Youths To Wrest Power From Older Generation / Buhari’s Supporters Are Silly And Unrealistic - Etcetera / Bashir El-Rufai: Ojukwu Was A Failed Hero - El-rufai’s Son Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.