Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,294 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala (23038 Views)

Cameroonian Woman’s 3 Children Die After Eating The Poisoned Food She Prepared / Man Kills His Mother, Two Children With Cutlass In Nnewi, Anambra (Photos) / Man Caught With Human Hands In Ekiti After Robbers Wrote Letter To Residents.PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by tat123: 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
A 45-year-old mother and her two children have died after consuming suspected poisonous yam flour otherwise known as 'Amala' in Odo-Ayedun Ekiti in Ikole Local Government Area of Ekiti State

The eldest of the children was 14 while the younger one was 12. It was gathered that yam flour, which they consumed, was procured by the husband and prepared by the mother of two. All members of the family who ate the meal were found lifeless after dinner, except the father who is in a critical state at the Federal Teaching Hospital in Ido Ekiti.

Two dogs that reportedly ate crumbs of the food, were also found dead in the apartment. Lawmaker representing Ikole constituency II at the Ekiti State House of Assembly, Hon. Adeoye Aribasoye, confirmed the tragedy to newsmen on Thursday in Ado Ekiti.

Aribasoye had raised the issue at the plenary of the House where he called for sympathy and investigation into the matter. Recounting the sordid scenario to newsmen, he said: “A great tragedy occurred at Odo Ayedun Ekiti on Saturday. it was a mournful day for us as a family of three died mysteriously.

Speaker of Ekiti Assembly Funminiyi Afuye sympathised with Aribasoye and the entire people of his constituency for the tragic incident. He, however, directed the House Committee on health to launch investigation into the matter with a view to unravelling the causes of the mysterious incident. When contacted, the police public Relations Officer, Ekiti Command, DSP Caleb Ikechukwu confirmed the incident. He said the police will join hands with other institutions to investigate the cause of the deaths.

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/09/mother-two-children-die-after-eating.html

1 Share

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by DemigodZeus147(m): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hmmmmm.... God save your people.
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by sunnychibs(m): 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2019
Village people at it again.

NPF should get to the root the matter ASAP

2 Likes

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by ValCon888: 4:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
There is no mystery to their deaths.
When amala flour is not properly processed, it carries within it a substance capable of producing cyanide.
The way they died, as well as other indicators, point to only one thing.
Cyanide poisoning.

Modified
For those trying to correct me, I know yam contains no cyanogenic substance. Please read the comment made by Areafada2. His position on the matter is valid.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Elvis2kay: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
cheesy
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by solmusdesigns: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
embarassed

Na wa, and na amala con dey hungry me tonight

8 Likes

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by superlanny(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
This is very sad, guess they were poisoned, Amala, one of my favourite delicacy. No ipob should come and start showing sign of chronic rabies here o.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Crazeworld(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2019
God have mercy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Dozie32(m): 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
Chai!! cool may their soul rest in peace. Buhari is one Of The major cause if their untimely death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by davedpo(m): 7:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
RIP TO THE DEAD
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by murphyibiam15(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
I have always known Amala to be a Poison...the way it's prepared points to that

8 Likes

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by WalkerMichael(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
Whatsup with d recent death news coming from ekiti??
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by tfelicityk(m): 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
May God always protect us... Aameen

1 Like

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by sentorial: 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
In this case Amala is innocent, they were not killed by Amala.

2 Likes

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Jay5mie: 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
Another serial killer on the lose

3 Likes

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
Rip to them
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Orissodiq: 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
So amala don turned to chemical weapon embarassed

1 Like

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Olanipekun1: 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
embarassed

Na wa, and na amala con dey hungry me tonight

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 19, 2019
Dozie32:
Chai!! cool may their soul rest in peace. Buhari is one Of The major cause if their untimely death.
You don dey mad ba?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Omojudy: 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2019
murphyibiam15:

Lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2019
Which kind wahala be dis now?
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2019
murphyibiam15:
senselessness

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2019
Saimeritus:

You don dey mad ba?
Lol cheesy, dozie no well for 4 years now
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by jjwaterfalls(f): 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2019
Bloggers undecided

1 Like

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by AreaFada2: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2019
ValCon888:
There is no mystery to their deaths.
When amala flour is not properly processed, it carries within it a substance capable of producing cyanide.
The way they died, as well as other indicators, point to only one thing.
Cyanide poisoning.
They or whoever processed it probably added cassava. Most cassava breeds have high HCN levels. Very poisonous.

4 Likes

Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by slawomir: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2019
Okay
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by thanmho: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2019
may be something else is the cause; not sure it is poisonous
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by oluwasegun007(m): 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2019
That shiiit is crazy if not well prepared..
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Kendumazy(m): 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2019
Chai! How i love my Amala with gbegiri and ewedu. Rest in peace to them.
Re: Mother, Two Children Die In Ekiti After Eating Amala by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2019
Dayum!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Egyptian Lawyer Al-Wahsh Jailed For "Lady Wearing Ripped Jeans Deserve Rape" / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Pastor & 2 Church Members In Plateau State(photos) / Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani: My Great-Grandfather, Nigerian Slave-Trader - New Yorker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.