Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,045 members, 7,838,637 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Help! Am I HIV Positive? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Am I HIV Positive? (50026 Views)

Help Me Confirm If I Am HIV Positive / Help!!!! Am I Losing My Sight?? / I'm A Virgin HIV Positive Lady: Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Originalsly: 12:01am On Sep 20, 2019
Hmmm...this is interesting... let me chew this carefully.... a professional.... sharing space in a brothel self contained with girls trooping in and out. The ehmmm.... particular girl couldn't dispose of her razor blade.... so the roommate had to.... but he couldn't ... was it too heavy?.... so he stashed it in a bag ... maybe until he got help to fetch it out and bury it. OP dived in the very bag and got cut... rushed to the hospital for emergency HIV treatment without testing positive... which can't happen in so short time.
As a professional.... why would he sooo strongly believe he is infected by a razor blade?...without even asking what the blade was used for?...was she shaving?...or been cutting her wrist?
Op.. we can read well between the lines.... why is it so hard to say what really went down? If you insist on the razor blade story.... then I can guarantee you are not HIV positive. You should be happy now.

8 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Kingxway: 12:01am On Sep 20, 2019
Your problem is fear

But if truly you are hiv positive, taking high dose of Vitamin C daily is very capable to cure you in months or few years time depending on how your immune system fights off the infection.

The fast way out is to abstain from cooked or processed foods and anything drug apart from immune system boosters like Vitamin C etc. Eat ONLY RAW fruits and drink a lot of clean water. Your body will heal itself in some months time, and you start living your normal life. It's called "Heal Thyself". A rare truth.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by nairalanduseles: 12:01am On Sep 20, 2019
stonecoldcafe:

True. As long as the blade had been exposed op is fine. @starke

He aint saying the truth he had unprotected sex with the babe
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Crixxx: 12:02am On Sep 20, 2019
You have quashed the girl.
In other for you not to look like a hoe while telling the story you decided to use "razor cut me so badly" in place of "I fuckedd her so badly"

Say the truth o

7 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by dochenaj: 12:04am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:
I am a young professional sharing a room and parlour self contain with a friend. Now my friend has always been in the habit of bringing all sorts of girls to the house. This is a conduct which I have tried my best to ignore in order to allow peace to reign.

At some point he brought this particular girl and she stayed for sometime with us. From my conversations with her, she has an impressive body count and really dislikes condoms. At some point, she became very sick. Had white patches in her mouth and was very feverish. We had to take her to the hospital so she doesn't die in the house. The Doctor ran several tests on her and her HIV status was positive.

About a week later, I took my laptop to work and when I returned, I dipped my hands in the bag to retrieve my key only to be severely cut by a razor blade my roommate left in the bag. I asked him who owns it and he said he it belongs to the girl and he put it there hoping to dispose of it later. My heart bled. I rushed that night at about 9:45pm to Ikoyi military hospital to get PEP, but the hospital said I have to wait until the next day as the pharmacy had closed. The next morning at about 11:00am, after a lot of delay, I finally got the anti retroviral drugs.

Now after taking the drugs for about 3 days, the side effects were terrible and unbearable. I already had a subsisting kidney problem and the drugs was making it worse so I had to stop. What I want to know is what are my chances if I permanently discontinue the drugs? Am I going to seroconvert? I am scared shitless and if this happens to make me HIV+, I am seriously considering suicide.

Pls help me people.

Pls help me to move this post. I need to get as much input as possible.
This story is believable and hence I'll give my advice.

HIV is a very manageable disease just like Hypertension and Diabetes. The stigma around it appears to be reducing especially with moral depravity as most people don't have that moral power to judge a HIV positive person cos it could be them.

She will have to have been cut by that razor blade to increase the chances of your becoming infected.

Live your life, eat healthy and worry less then in 6 months do the HIV test. Even if it is positive, it is not the end of the world.

And this is why it is unhealthy to associate with people with questionable character. Meanwhile has this roommate of yours tested for HIV yet? He should be more worried of his status than you should.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Debaiz: 12:04am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:
I am a young professional sharing a room and parlour self contain with a friend. Now my friend has always been in the habit of bringing all sorts of girls to the house. This is a conduct which I have tried my best to ignore in order to allow peace to reign.

At some point he brought this particular girl and she stayed for sometime with us. From my conversations with her, she has an impressive body count and really dislikes condoms. At some point, she became very sick. Had white patches in her mouth and was very feverish. We had to take her to the hospital so she doesn't die in the house. The Doctor ran several tests on her and her HIV status was positive.

About a week later, I took my laptop to work and when I returned, I dipped my hands in the bag to retrieve my key only to be severely cut by a razor blade my roommate left in the bag. I asked him who owns it and he said he it belongs to the girl and he put it there hoping to dispose of it later. My heart bled. I rushed that night at about 9:45pm to Ikoyi military hospital to get PEP, but the hospital said I have to wait until the next day as the pharmacy had closed. The next morning at about 11:00am, after a lot of delay, I finally got the anti retroviral drugs.

Now after taking the drugs for about 3 days, the side effects were terrible and unbearable. I already had a subsisting kidney problem and the drugs was making it worse so I had to stop. What I want to know is what are my chances if I permanently discontinue the drugs? Am I going to seroconvert? I am scared shitless and if this happens to make me HIV+, I am seriously considering suicide.

Pls help me people.

You’re not positive. The virus don’t survive for long outside the blood fluid. Had the blade cut you the same day the girl was cut then you should be afraid.

Don’t kill yourself before your time. I’m 100% sure you’re not positive. Unless something happened between you and the girl that you didn’t tell us.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by jokaka89: 12:06am On Sep 20, 2019
WAS ANY TEST RAN FOR YOU?
WHY DID YOU RESULTED TO USING ARD?
DO YOU KNOW THAT THE VIRUS CAN NOT SURVIVE MORE THAN 4 MINUTES ON TGE INFECTED OBJECTS?
WHEN DID THE OBJECT CUT THAT LADY IN QUESTION?
PLEASE ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS BRO.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by CyberWolf: 12:07am On Sep 20, 2019
You’re negative bro, don’t worry yourself. If you’re too scared, wait for 2 weeks and then go for test to be sure.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by mightiersa: 12:08am On Sep 20, 2019
FEAR of death is killing you; and if good care is not taken, it might eventually kill you (if not directly by suicide(as you suggested for yourself), or indirectly by destroying your vital organs as a result of drug abuse)

Why will you be taking antiretroviral drugs for the virus you do not have? ... On a more realistic ground, I was like you sometimes ago. I abused antibiotics (fighting the bacterials that were not in my blood); that stupid move left me with a chronic ulcer that later raked my thousands of naira.

Fight your fear by saying these words to your mind and heart:

*Even if I die, as so what? won't all souls die?

*A lot of people are HIV positive; with properly management, they're still living a healthy life

*I don't have the virus, why should I fear?

NOTE: unless you overcome your fear, even you do an HIV test a thousand times and the results are negative, you will still not believe the test results.

Ultimately; kill your fear before it kills you.

Peace!
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nuclear99(m): 12:11am On Sep 20, 2019
Hahaha, you never wan tell us truth

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by arrestdarrester: 12:11am On Sep 20, 2019
Calm down. Suicide? You're taking it too far now?

The HIV virus cannot survive for long outside the human body. What is the time difference between when she left your abode and when the blade injured you?
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nedmono(m): 12:11am On Sep 20, 2019
HIV doesn't survive outside the host after 12hours. You are probably not expose. To be in a safe side i advice u to continue with the PEP. U can be taking it when goong to bed. the side effect at night is minimal.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by stonecoldcafe: 12:12am On Sep 20, 2019
princeFAD:
@op, haba, how could you be taking anti retroviral drug when you are not confirmed to be hiv+. You need to stop taking it. Go for test first. And like others have said, the virus cant survive outside condition, so you could hv been invected like that

He took PEP and is not on treatment for hiv. Why not google it?
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Judybash93(m): 12:14am On Sep 20, 2019
Well, if you didn't have sex with the girl, there's nothing to be scared of, i don't think the virus can last for a long time after exposure but Bros if to say una gbegg..... Omo men... Na to go check your stats o my broda... It's not a big deal
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by whizcartel(m): 12:20am On Sep 20, 2019
so concerned about yourself, what about your friend? him no the girl?
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by whizcartel(m): 12:20am On Sep 20, 2019
so concerned about yourself, what about your friend? him no do the girl?
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:21am On Sep 20, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Kingdollar28:
wink
my guy my guy!! wink
U nyashed d girl wink

Tell us d truth.... She doesn't like condoms.... Finish dat part cheesy

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by eguarojeona: 12:23am On Sep 20, 2019
Show us where the blade cut my guy.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by ladyGKilaBCrueD(f): 12:25am On Sep 20, 2019
How would a sane human being put a bare razor blade in someone's bag?? that makes no sense bro.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by saajus: 12:28am On Sep 20, 2019
If truly it's just blade, your chance of contracting it is very low. HIV virus can only survive 6days outside body at room temperature. Room temperature is 20-22 degree Celcius. Most of the time, we average 30 degrees daily in Naija. So, HIV virus outside body in naija condition may not survive 2days.

Starke:

Pls help me people.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by incogni2o: 12:28am On Sep 20, 2019
realstars:
The story is sweet but there are some hidden truth in it.

Why taken drugs if you are not positive.?

It's called prophylaxis Bro.

Dont be naive
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Mhizjay09: 12:28am On Sep 20, 2019
realstars:
The story is sweet but there are some hidden truth in it.

Why taken drugs if you are not positive.?
PEP is post-exposure prophylaxis.... It is for preventive therapy. Usually given after one is exposed.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Bsideboi(m): 12:29am On Sep 20, 2019
Man is overthinking....how sure are you that the virus is on the blade? I know u don't want to take chances as it's irreversible. Manage finsh the PEP .

If I'm to place a bet on you.
I'll stake for you being Negative. Ciao
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Igetmyown247: 12:30am On Sep 20, 2019
You have to really pray about this.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by yemimylover(m): 12:31am On Sep 20, 2019
Bro tell the doctor that attend to you about your health condition, there are other regimes too for PEP that won't affect you
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by slimthugchimee2(m): 12:36am On Sep 20, 2019
Kingdollar28:
wink
my guy my guy!! wink
U nyashed d girl wink

Tell us d truth.... She doesn't like condoms.... Finish dat part cheesy

Exactly what I wanted to say grin
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by GodSaklek(m): 12:39am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Pls help me people.

Bro, there is no way u can contact hiv with razor cut if truly u didn't have unprotected sex with her, those razor things are old theories,and u are not suppose to be taking PrEP at all, please don't kill yourself over nothing, hiv isn't that easy to enter body..
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Pls help me people.

HIV can not survive in a razor blade for 1 week dude! It's called human immune virus for some reason. Please don't panic and stop taking PEP, you don't need it. And even if you slept with her, that doesn't automatically mean you have HIV. For you to get the virus certain conditions must be met. Her flud has to enter your blood stream via a Mucous membrane or wonds. If you used a lubricant or she wasn't dry and no cuts in your penis, that reduces your chances drastically. If you are circumcised, that also reduces your chances dramatically. Infact you can be sleeping with a HIV positive person for years and still be negative, it's a very difficult virus to catch I'm not encouraging you to live carelessly oh. BTW why do you consider suicide to HIV? This is 2019 bro people with HIV live a normal and more healthy life than you think, some of them look fresh like celebrities. With ART drugs it can reduce your viral load to undetectable levels and that makes the virus non transmittable. Ironically cancer and malaria is what you should be worried about, not HIV that will take 10 years to kill you without drugs.

1 Like

Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Remix10(m): 12:47am On Sep 20, 2019
you are one crazy hell of a dude, you have not been diagnosed for HIV and you took AR drugs, shuu oga no go kill yourself by yourself, calm down and go for test after some weeks. but I hardly think you will be positive, you just cut yourself with it, you didn't ingest it.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by 001spice: 12:50am On Sep 20, 2019
if all u sid is true.write me back. surely u will be fine.
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 20, 2019
FuckDaMods:

I understand that pep issue.. The side effects is hell. I bleeped an olosho raw when i was high.. It was the next morning my eye cleared and i started crying that i may catch HIV. I went to get pep at a govt hospital but the side effects was so horrible i had to ditch the drug after 7days.. I had an important exam coming up and i couldn't focus becos of that drug.
I'd rather have that HIV than go through that torture for 30 days. I thank God I'm fine till today but bro if it's razor you have nothing to worry about, except if she used the blade that day and it pierced her.
Can you explain how the side effects are? Like was it that bad?
Re: Help! Am I HIV Positive? by TechCapon(m): 1:07am On Sep 20, 2019
Starke:

Am not a kid bro. If I f**ked her, I would have said so.
you're fine. But what later happened to the hiv girl??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Seven Foods That Keep You Forever Young / Pregnant Lady Slumps And Dies At BRT Terminal In Lagos / Favour Lawal, Girl Born Without Anus Who Excretes Through Her Stomach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.