Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. (2199 Views)

Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? / Does Having Tattoo Leads To Hell / Pastor Shantelle Jepchumba's Thigh-Revealing Dressing In Church Got Her Slammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by TruthinAction: 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and ON HIS THIGH a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

My take is inscribe meaningful symbols and writings if you must have tattoos. My Scripture guide in most things I do is:

1st Corinthians 10:31 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2019
Daddy Freeze's disciple spotted.
Guys with twisted theology.
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by Jay5mie: 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2019
grin

Na Biro
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by MuttleyLaff: 11:20pm On Sep 19, 2019
TruthinAction:
Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and ON HIS THIGH a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

My take is inscribe meaningful symbols and writings if you must have tattoos. My Scripture guide in most things I do is:

1st Corinthians 10:31 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."
Revelation 19:16 is not talking about tattoo. The inscription "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS" was written on the cloth worn and the imprint was at thigh level or the imprint was done on the thigh part of the worn cloth
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by TruthinAction: 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Revelation 19:16 is not talking about tattoo. The inscription "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS" was written on the cloth worn and the imprint was at thigh level or the imprint was done on the thigh part of the worn cloth

You are trying to make it suit your pre conceived opinion. Read it very well. It was imprinted on the clothe and on the thigh. The conjunction 'and' used suggests an addition inscription.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by MuttleyLaff: 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

TruthinAction:
You are trying to make it suit your pre conceived opinion. Read it very well. It was imprinted on the clothe and on the thigh. The conjunction 'and' used suggests an addition inscription.
[img]https://s0/images/MsGranite.jpg[/img]

TruthinAction, you are trying so hard to make this a tattoo issue so to suit your pre conceived opinion. Read Revelation 19:16 very well. It was imprinted on the clothe and on the thigh, just the same and similar way, the above beauty pageant robe, has the words "Miss Granite State" imprinted on the robe but on the back and not the thigh as with the Jesus vesture (i.e. clothing or dress)

TruthinAction, just as Revelation 19:16 doesnt have the inscription "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS" tattoed on the thigh, so also, the above beauty pageant robe shown above, doesnt have "Miss Granite State" tattoed on any ladies' body back skin, but just and only on the back of the beauty pageant robe alone.

TruthinAction, the question you really should be wondering about, is why on the thigh. Why is the inscription writing done, shown or visible at thigh level or why the imprint was done on the thigh part of the worn cloth, as in asking what is so special about the thigh that the imprint should specifically be seen visibly on and/or at the thigh level? In fact you should desire to know, biblically speaking, what symbolically and what in this context does the inscription writing inconjunction with the thigh body part position mean and/or represent?
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by TruthinAction: 12:17am On Sep 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

TruthinAction, you are trying so hard to make this a tattoo issue so to suit your pre conceived opinion. Read Revelation 19:16 very well. It was imprinted on the clothe and on the thigh, just the same and similar way, the above beauty pageant robe, has the words "Miss Granite State" imprinted on the robe but on the back and not the thigh as with the Jesus vesture (i.e. clothing or dress)

TruthinAction, just as Revelation 19:16 doesnt have the inscription "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS" tattoed on the thigh, so also, the above beauty pageant robe shown above, doesnt have "Miss Granite State" tattoed on any ladies' body back skin, but just and only on the back of the beauty pageant robe alone.

TruthinAction, the question you really should be wondering about, is why on the thigh. Why is the inscription writing done, shown or visible at thigh level or why the imprint was done on the thigh part of the worn cloth, as in asking what is so special about the thigh that the imprint should specifically be seen visibly on and/or at the thigh level? In fact you should desire to know, biblically speaking, what symbolically and what in this context does the inscription writing inconjunction with the thigh body part position mean and/or represent?

I am just following what it's written in the Bible. We are not permitted to add or subtract. If the Bible said it was written on the clothes AND on the thigh, we should take it that way. It does not have to agree with your theology. I don't have to know why it must be on his thigh.

The Bible also reveals that God's name will be written (or tattooed) on our forehead -
"And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads." Revelation 22:4.

This proves that names can be written on the skin.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by MuttleyLaff: 1:36am On Sep 21, 2019
TruthinAction:
I am just following what it's written in the Bible.
Nwanne, you are not doing a good enough work following properly what is written in the Bible

TruthinAction:
We are not permitted to add or subtract.
You are doing exactly what you've just admitted to that shouldnt be done. You added tattoing and subtracted what is written on a vesture/clothing/robe (i.e. ''King of kings and Lord of lords'') You mistake it for being written directly on a thigh skin and not on the thigh side or part of the vesture/clothing/robe

TruthinAction:
If the Bible said it was written on the clothes AND on the thigh, we should take it that way. It does not have to agree with your theology. I don't have to know why it must be on his thigh
"36“Next make a medallion of pure gold, and engrave it like a seal with these words: Holy to the Lord.
37Attach the medallion with a blue cord to the front of Aaron’s turban, where it must remain.
38Aaron must wear it on his forehead so he may take on himself any guilt of the people of Israel when they consecrate their sacred offerings. He must always wear it on his forehead so the LORD will accept the people.
"
- Exodus 28:36-38

"On that day "Holy to the LORD" will be written on the bells of the horses. "
- Zechariah 14:20a

TruthinAction, inscriptions and/or writing commanded by God are never done on to the skin or body parts, it always is done on turbans, on vesture and/or on harness bridle bells of the horses, as seen in the two above scripture. Even when the Bible, in Jeremiah 31:33, Romans 2:15 and Hebrews 10:16, says the laws of God will get written in our hearts, this isnt talking about literally and/or physically writing it

TruthinAction:
The Bible also reveals that God's name will be written (or tattooed) on our forehead -
"And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads." Revelation 22:4.
"All who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it.
And I will write on them the name of my God, and they will be citizens in the city of my God
—the new Jerusalem that comes down from heaven from my God.
And I will also write on them My new name.
"
- Revelation 3:12

ROTBL, the original word/phrase used and which some Bible versions translate as "written" or using your preference "tattoed" is "will be on". There is nothing remotely close to tattoo being mentioned or suggested anywhere in Revelation 22:4, the tattoo bit is your addition, your addition to scripture. It is like you are thinking God is going to be branding people, like as if when marking animals or slaves with hot searing iron. No, there is not going to be physical writing on any body parts TruthinAction.

I guess, if going with your reasoning, then the above Revelation 3:12 too, is talking of physical and/or outright tattooing, hmm? No nwanne, but Revelation 22:4's "a new name written on the forehead" and Revelation 3:12's "I will write on them the name of my God. And I will also write on them My new name." means a new name of ownership, different and to replace/erase any claim/mark of the beast previously written on foreheads.

When looking at Revelation 3:12 above, what kind of pillar are you going to be? Are you going to be a literal, real physical pillar in the Temple of God, or you're going to be a metaphorical/figurative one, hmm?

TruthinAction:
This proves that names can be written on the skin.
I am deeply sorry telling you that you unfortunately are completely wrong.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by TruthinAction: 3:42am On Sep 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Nwanne, you are not doing a good enough work following properly what is written in the Bible

You are doing exactly what you've just admitted to that shouldnt be done. You added tattoing and subtracted what is written on a vesture/clothing/robe (i.e. ''King of kings and Lord of lords'') You mistake it for being written directly on a thigh skin and not on the thigh side or part of the vesture/clothing/robe

"36“Next make a medallion of pure gold, and engrave it like a seal with these words: Holy to the Lord.
37Attach the medallion with a blue cord to the front of Aaron’s turban, where it must remain.
38Aaron must wear it on his forehead so he may take on himself any guilt of the people of Israel when they consecrate their sacred offerings. He must always wear it on his forehead so the LORD will accept the people.
"
- Exodus 28:36-38

"On that day "Holy to the LORD" will be written on the bells of the horses. "
- Zechariah 14:20a

TruthinAction, inscriptions and/or writing commanded by God are never done on to the skin or body parts, it always is done on turbans, on vesture and/or on harness bridle bells of the horses, as seen in the two above scripture. Even when the Bible, in Jeremiah 31:33, Romans 2:15 and Hebrews 10:16, says the laws of God will get written in our hearts, this isnt talking about literally and/or physically writing it

"All who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it.
And I will write on them the name of my God, and they will be citizens in the city of my God
"

ROTBL, the original word/phrase used and which some Bible versions translate as "written" or using your preference "tattoed" is "will be on". There is nothing remotely close to tattoo being mentioned or suggested anywhere in Revelation 22:4, the tattoo bit is your addition, your addition to scripture. It is like you are thinking God is going to be branding people, like as if when marking animals or slaves with hot searing iron. No, there is not going to be physical writing on any body parts TruthinAction.

I guess, if going with your reasoning, then the above Revelation 3:12 too, is talking of physical and/or outright tattooing, hmm? No nwanne, but Revelation 22:4's "a new name written on the forehead" and Revelation 3:12's "I will write on them the name of my God. And I will also write on them My new name." means a new name of ownership, different and to replace/erase any claim/mark of the beast previously written on foreheads.

When looking at Revelation 3:12 above, what kind of pillar are you going to be? Are you going to be a literal, real physical pillar in the Temple of God, or you're going to be a metaphorical/figurative one, hmm?

I am deeply sorry telling you that you unfortunately are completely wrong.

How will anything be written on your skin permanently if not tattooed? You changed the verse that says it was written on his thigh to his clothes and I showed you another verse of inscription on the flesh which is the forehead. It proves that God can write on the skin also. Words were created by men. The Bible does not have to use the word tattoo to affirm it's application. We do not have the word rapture in the Bible but most of us believe in the rapture. If you want to be defensive, do it with honesty and sincerity. Let's leave the Scripture the way it is. Unless the Bible tells us otherwise through it's own interpretation, we take what it says literally.

The problem with a large percentage of the Christian community is that we already form our opinions about certain things so when we read anything that doesn't agree, we tend to twist it to conform with our preconceived opinion.

If I have the money to tattoo reasonable inscription all over my body that preaches the gospel, I will certainly do it. I think I will love JESUS SAVES on my forehead. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN will be another good inscription.

We are not under dos and don'ts in the New Testament. Whatever you do in words or deeds, do it to the glory of God.

A lot of Christian who preach against tattoos have tattoos of evil thoughts inscribed in their hearts and minds which only God sees.

Man looks on the outside but God searches deep into our hearts. You can keep your opinions on tattoos but don't judge anyone who does it with pure conscience.
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by MuttleyLaff: 7:19am On Sep 21, 2019
TruthinAction:
How will anything be written on your skin permanently if not tattooed?
How are the laws of God permanently written on your heart erhn? Is it permanently written on your heart by tattooing ni?

TruthinAction:
You changed the verse that says it was written on his thigh to his clothes
It is you who changed the verse to say what it never said and never intended to mean.

Smh, someone cannot peacefully quash a bible misinterpretation again or anymore, please go ahead with your advert(s) on your body glorifying God, just dont be twisting scripture, adding to scripture, changing scripture, like as if you wont be found out and then be called out .

TruthinAction:
and I showed you another verse of inscription on the flesh which is the forehead. It proves that God can write on the skin also.
I used Exodus 28:36-38 and Zechariah 14:20a TruthinAction, to show you that inscriptions and/or writing commanded by God are never done on to the skin or body parts, it always, is done on turbans, on vesture and/or on harness bridle bells of the horses, as shown in the two reproduced Exodus 28:36-38 and Zechariah 14:20a scriptures. You will never see God asking for a tattoo or He Himself tattooing anyone. It is always figuratively or put on physical material things and not litera, not directly on human skin or body parts

TruthinAction:
Words were created by men. The Bible does not have to use the word tattoo to affirm it's application.
I previously mentioned to you that the original word/phrase used in Revelation 19:16 and which some Bible versions translate as "written" or using your preference "tattoed" is "will be on".

There is nothing remotely close to tattoo being mentioned or suggested anywhere in Revelation 19:16 nor Revelation 22:4, the tattoo bit is your addition, your "strange fire" addition to scripture. It is like you are thinking God is going to be branding people, like as if when marking animals or slaves with hot searing iron. No, there is not going to be physical writing on any body parts TruthinAction. I dont have to spell it out, as I am sure you do know what happens to those offering and adding strange fire

TruthinAction:
We do not have the word rapture in the Bible but most of us believe in the rapture.
Just because most believe in rapture, doesnt necessarily mean it is truth

TruthinAction:
If you want to be defensive, do it with honesty and sincerity.
In order for you to defend tattooing, you desperately have gone out on a limp to invent a false truth

TruthinAction:
Let's leave the Scripture the way it is. Unless the Bible tells us otherwise through it's own interpretation, we take what it says literally.
TruthinAction, when the Bible, in Jeremiah 31:33, Romans 2:15 and Hebrews 10:16, says the laws of God will get written in our hearts, why arent you taking this literally and that it is physically written on our hearts, hmmm?

TruthinAction:
The problem with a large percentage of the Christian community is that we already form our opinions about certain things so when we read anything that doesn't agree, we tend to twist it to conform with our preconceived opinion.
Your problem here is you are bad beyond correction. You have, in regards to the hermeneutics and exegesis of Revelation 19:16, an unrepentant incorrigible spirit

TruthinAction:
If I have the money to tattoo reasonable inscription all over my body that preaches the gospel, I will certainly do it. I think I will love JESUS SAVES on my forehead. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN will be another good inscription.
Sure why not, I have no problem with you doing that, my grouse with you, where and when we will lock horns will be whenever you add "strange fire" to scripture . Adding "strange fire" to scripture and/or proof-texting scripture is never the right way to show/prove something like tattooing to be reasonable

TruthinAction:
We are not under dos and don'ts in the New Testament. Whatever you do in words or deeds, do it to the glory of God.
No one nobody is disputing any of this truth with you, what you're being corrected on is your error of adding tattooing to the Revelation 19:16 verse and wrongly believing that in that verse "King of kings and Lord of lords'' is not written on a vesture/clothing/robe, as in, not written on the thigh side or thigh part of the vesture/clothing/robe but that it is written directly on a thigh skin as a tattoo.

TruthinAction:
A lot of Christian who preach against tattoos have tattoos of evil thoughts inscribed in their hearts and minds which only God sees.
I am quite sure, you'll be unable to show on this thread or anywhere else where you or anyone with tattoos have be judged, criticised or lampooned

I am quite sure, you'll be unable to show on this thread or anywhere else, proof that I preached against tattoes and/or declared tattoing to be wrong or evil
If not for that it is beyond the scope of the thread's title, there is more I could have said about tattoos and its justification. Just because I can show how tattoing can be right or reasonable, doesnt mean it is a licence to misinterpet scriptures, especially the Revelation 19:16 verse introduced in the original post

TruthinAction:
Man looks on the outside but God searches deep into our hearts. You can keep your opinions on tattoos but don't judge anyone who does it with pure conscience.
If I post about you incorrectly interpreting the bible, if I post that you have added "strange fire," to a Bible verse, if I post that you've added more to what the Bible originally reads and you now automatically assume I am posting about you and the right or not to have tattoo, then please don't blame your guilty conscience on me. A truthful post will always fairk up a guilty conscience any day every time!

You are being corrected that Revelation 19:16 is not talking about tattoo. The inscription "King of kings and Lord of lords" was written on the cloth worn and the imprint was at thigh level or the imprint was done on the thigh part of the worn cloth. I asked you about Revelation 3:12, I asked you whether Revelation 3:12 too, is talking of physical and/or outright tattooing, but got no answer back from you nwanne

That Revelation 22:4 "a new name written on the forehead" and Revelation 3:12's "I will write on them the name of my God. And I will also write on them My new name" do they mean tattooing TruthinAction, hmm?

"Carefully study to present thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth"
- 2 Timothy 2:15

Nwanne TruthinAction, you do have to know why specifically were the words at a thigh position. If you really believe in that 2 Timothy 2:15 above, then you ought to have carefully studied why is the inscription writing done, shown or visible at thigh level or why the imprint was done on the thigh part of the worn cloth, as in asking what is so special about the thigh that the imprint should specifically be seen visibly on and/or at the thigh level? In fact you should desire to know, biblically speaking, what symbolically and what in this context does the inscription writing inconjunction with the thigh body part position mean and/or represent?
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by TruthinAction: 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
How are the laws of God permanently written on your heart erhn? Is it permanently written on your heart by tattooing ni?

It is you who changed the verse to say what it never said and never intended to mean.

Smh, someone cannot peacefully quash a bible misinterpretation again or anymore, please go ahead with your advert(s) on your body glorifying God, just dont be twisting scripture, adding to scripture, changing scripture, like as if you wont be found out and then be called out .

I used Exodus 28:36-38 and Zechariah 14:20a TruthinAction, to show you that inscriptions and/or writing commanded by God are never done on to the skin or body parts, it always, is done on turbans, on vesture and/or on harness bridle bells of the horses, as shown in the two reproduced Exodus 28:36-38 and Zechariah 14:20a scriptures. You will never see God asking for a tattoo or He Himself tattooing anyone. It is always figuratively or put on physical material things and not litera, not directly on human skin or body parts

I previously mentioned to you that the original word/phrase used in Revelation 19:16 and which some Bible versions translate as "written" or using your preference "tattoed" is "will be on".

There is nothing remotely close to tattoo being mentioned or suggested anywhere in Revelation 19:16 nor Revelation 22:4, the tattoo bit is your addition, your "strange fire" addition to scripture. It is like you are thinking God is going to be branding people, like as if when marking animals or slaves with hot searing iron. No, there is not going to be physical writing on any body parts TruthinAction. I dont have to spell it out, as I am sure you do know what happens to those offering and adding strange fire

Just because most believe in rapture, doesnt necessarily mean it is truth

In order for you to defend tattooing, you desperately have gone out on a limp to invent a false truth

TruthinAction, when the Bible, in Jeremiah 31:33, Romans 2:15 and Hebrews 10:16, says the laws of God will get written in our hearts, why arent you taking this literally and that it is physically written on our hearts, hmmm?

Your problem here is you are bad beyond correction. You have, in regards to the hermeneutics and exegesis of Revelation 19:16, an unrepentant incorrigible spirit

Sure why not, I have no problem with you doing that, my grouse with you, where and when we will lock horns will be whenever you add "strange fire" to scripture . Adding "strange fire" to scripture and/or proof-texting scripture is never the right way to show/prove something like tattooing to be reasonable

No one nobody is disputing any of this truth with you, what you're being corrected on is your error of adding tattooing to the Revelation 19:16 verse and wrongly believing that in that verse "King of kings and Lord of lords'' is not written on a vesture/clothing/robe, as in, not written on the thigh side or thigh part of the vesture/clothing/robe but that it is written directly on a thigh skin as a tattoo.

I am quite sure, you'll be unable to show on this thread or anywhere else where you or anyone with tattoos have be judged, criticised or lampooned

I am quite sure, you'll be unable to show on this thread or anywhere else, proof that I preached against tattoes and/or declared tattoing to be wrong or evil
If not for that it is beyond the scope of the thread's title, there is more I could have said about tattoos and its justification. Just because I can show how tattoing can be right or reasonable, doesnt mean it is a licence to misinterpet scriptures, especially the Revelation 19:16 verse introduced in the original post

If I post about you incorrectly interpreting the bible, if I post that you have added "strange fire," to a Bible verse, if I post that you've added more to what the Bible originally reads and you now automatically assume I am posting about you and the right or not to have tattoo, then please don't blame your guilty conscience on me. A truthful post will always fairk up a guilty conscience any day every time!

You are being corrected that Revelation 19:16 is not talking about tattoo. The inscription "King of kings and Lord of lords" was written on the cloth worn and the imprint was at thigh level or the imprint was done on the thigh part of the worn cloth. I asked you about Revelation 3:12, I asked you whether Revelation 3:12 too, is talking of physical and/or outright tattooing, but got no answer back from you nwanne

That Revelation 22:4 "a new name written on the forehead" and Revelation 3:12's "I will write on them the name of my God. And I will also write on them My new name" do they mean tattooing TruthinAction, hmm?

"Carefully study to present thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth"
- 2 Timothy 2:15

Nwanne TruthinAction, you do have to know why specifically were the words at a thigh position. If you really believe in that 2 Timothy 2:15 above, then you ought to have carefully studied why is the inscription writing done, shown or visible at thigh level or why the imprint was done on the thigh part of the worn cloth, as in asking what is so special about the thigh that the imprint should specifically be seen visibly on and/or at the thigh level? In fact you should desire to know, biblically speaking, what symbolically and what in this context does the inscription writing inconjunction with the thigh body part position mean and/or represent?

Please, go back to school and read English. If you don't understand the use of conjunction in English, then you have a real problem. The Scripture clearly wrote it was written on the clothe AND on his thigh. If it was just on the clothe alone, there will be no use to add AND signifying another object. Otherwise it would have read, on the right hand of the clothe. After all, God understands the use of grammar. Please take this issue to any English student and you will see how wrong you are. Unless you went to Almajiri school.
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by MuttleyLaff: 9:01am On Sep 22, 2019
TruthinAction:
Please, go back to school and read English. If you don't understand the use of conjunction in English, then you have a real problem.
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
My dear sir, I delayed responding to your last post because I was waiting for other interlocutors to join but in the absence of any forthcoming, now I must admit that frankly speaking, I am embarrassed for you and all because you have not the grace or humility to realize the ignoranus you have made of yourself on this thread in relation to Revelation 19:16 and particularly the thigh mentioned in it issue.

TruthinAction:
The Scripture clearly wrote it was written on the clothe AND on his thigh
TruthinAction, please answer these simple easy straighforward and direct two questions:
1/ Was Jesus' thigh exposed at all, showing His skin?
2/ Except for John the Apostle had x-ray vision, how did John the Apostle, SEE what is written underneath Jesus' robe, see what is written on Jesus skin, see what is written on an unexposed thigh of Jesus, hmm?

TruthinAction:
If it was just on the clothe alone, there will be no use to add AND signifying another object. Otherwise it would have read, on the right hand of the clothe.

I am sure you dont know that the cloth seen by John the Apostle worn by Jesus, actually is a long flowing outer garment, tunic. That, it is a loose garment, typically sleeveless and reaching from the shoulders to a length somewhere between the hips and the knees (i.e. the thigh)

In fact, the cloth is something similar to the mantle of Prophet Elijah, it is a tallit with inscriptions at thigh level. Fyi, TruthinAction, the tallit, like the mantle of Prophet Elijah, is a special garment for the service of God.

TruthinAction:
After all, God understands the use of grammar. Please take this issue to any English student and you will see how wrong you are.
The words "Miss Granite State" as seen in the above picture, is written on the beauty pagent robe AND on the back. Please take this statement to any English student to see if there is anything wrong with it. You will be wrong TruthinAction, to believe though, that the words "Miss Granite State" is written on the back skin of the robe wearer and not actually on the robe's back itself.

The "and' coordinating conjunction in my "Miss Granite State" sentence and in that Revelation 19:16, just annexes what follows, something said before (i.e. as in, the something said before are, "the words "Miss Granite State" as seen in the above picture, is written on the beauty pagent robe AND" ...)

TruthinAction:
Unless you went to Almajiri school.
Almajiri school kọ, Al-Margarine school ni. "Talo ni trailer to nyi lọ" I cant even call you a learner. I've resigned myself to the fact that "boya loma da owo mọ, to ba ri" loosely translated means "doubt you're capable of recognising money if shown it"
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by TruthinAction: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
My dear sir, I delayed responding to your last post because I was waiting for other interlocutors to join but in the absence of any forthcoming, now I must admit that frankly speaking, I am embarrassed for you and all because you have not the grace or humility to realize the ignoranus you have made of yourself on this thread in relation to Revelation 19:16 and particularly the thigh mentioned in it issue.

TruthinAction, please answer these simple easy straighforward and direct two questions:
1/ Was Jesus' thigh exposed at all, showing His skin?
2/ Except for John the Apostle had x-ray vision, how did John the Apostle, SEE what is written underneath Jesus' robe, see what is written on Jesus skin, see what is written on an unexposed thigh of Jesus, hmm?

I am sure you dont know that the cloth seen by John the Apostle worn by Jesus, actually is a long flowing outer garment, tunic. That, it is a loose garment, typically sleeveless and reaching from the shoulders to a length somewhere between the hips and the knees (i.e. the thigh)

In fact, the cloth is something similar to the mantle of Prophet Elijah, it is a tallit with inscriptions at thigh level. Fyi, TruthinAction, the tallit, like the mantle of Prophet Elijah, is a special garment for the service of God.

The words "Miss Granite State" as seen in the above picture, is written on the beauty pagent robe AND on the back. Please take this statement to any English student to see if there is anything wrong with it. You will be wrong TruthinAction, to believe though, that the words "Miss Granite State" is written on the back skin of the robe wearer and not actually on the robe's back itself.

The "and' coordinating conjunction in my "Miss Granite State" sentence and in that Revelation 19:16, just annexes what follows, something said before (i.e. as in, the something said before are, "the words "Miss Granite State" as seen in the above picture, is written on the beauty pagent robe AND" ...)

Almajiri school kọ, Al-Margarine school ni. "Talo ni trailer to nyi lọ" I cant even call you a learner. I've resigned myself to the fact that "boya loma da owo mọ, to ba ri" loosely translated means "doubt you're capable of recognising money if shown it"

If you want to contest the fact that the Bible said it was written on the thigh on the basis that it was impossible for John to see what was written behind the clothe, what about that which will be written on our forehead? God who sees the thoughts of our hearts can also see beyond the clothe he was putting on. So, your argument is baseless. We should accept the Scripture just the way it is written.

God will write on our forehead.(Revelation 22:4). So why do you think he can't write on the thigh of Jesus?

Please, where did you study? I think your certificate should be subjected to serious scrutiny.
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by MuttleyLaff: 9:35pm On Sep 22, 2019
TruthinAction:
If you want to contest the fact that the Bible said it was written on the thigh on the basis that it was impossible for John to see what was written behind the clothe
Lol, hmmm life nah brain brain, your brain is slowly factory default mode resetting, but you're resisting it and still digging your heels in

TruthinAction:
what about that which will be written on our forehead?
"

There is nothing remotely close to tattoo or tattooing mentioned or suggested anywhere in Revelation 3:12 above or even in Revelation 22:4, the tattoo or tattooing bit is your addition, it is your addition to scripture. It is like you are thinking God is going to be branding people, like as if when marking animals or slaves with hot searing iron. No, there is not going to be any physical writing whatsoever by God, on any human being body parts TruthinAction. Sorry for being the one, bursting your "adding strange fire" bubble

I guess, if going with your dodgy reasoning, then the above Revelation 3:12 too, is talking of physical and/or outright tattooing, hmm? No nwanne TruthinAction, but the above Revelation 3:12 "I will write on them the name of my God. And I will also write on them My new name." and the Revelation 22:4 "a new name written on the forehead" is a metaphorical/figurative expression, merely meaning, a different and new name of ownership, to replace any claim and erase any mark of the beast previously figuratively speaking written on foreheads.

OK TruthinAction, when looking at Revelation 3:12 above, what kind of pillar are you going to be? Are you going to be a literal, real physical pillar in the Temple of God, or you're going to be a metaphorical/figurative pillar, hmm?

TruthinAction:
God who sees the thoughts of our hearts can also see beyond the clothe he was putting on.
But TruthinAction, we are not talking about God who sees the thoughts of our hearts here, we are talking of John the Apostle who hasnt got x-ray vision to enable him see through the garment Jesus was putting on, to read an alleged tattoo written on Jesus' thigh skin. Smh.

TruthinAction:
So, your argument is baseless. We should accept the Scripture just the way it is written
"“But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel after those days,” says the LORD.
I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts.
I will be their God, and they will be my people.
""
- Jeremiah 31:33

"This is the covenant I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord.
I will put My laws in their hearts and write them on their minds.
"
- Hebrews 10:16

TruthinAction, do you accept the Jeremiah 31:33 and Hebrews 10:16 scripture just the way they are written and believe you physically see the laws of God, as written on your heart, hmm? Smh.

TruthinAction:
God will write on our forehead.(Revelation 22:4). So why do you think he can't write on the thigh of Jesus?
I earlier asked you this "why specifically were the words at a thigh position" question but you dodged it and didnt answer the question

TruthinAction:
Please, where did you study?
I studied from some of the finest and best information sources

TruthinAction:
I think your certificate should be subjected to serious scrutiny.
You guys and all these your noise about certificate. Are you mistaking me for PMB ni?

I think you need to brush up your bible properly, as you're running risk of your already truth decay, worsening
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by TruthinAction: 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Lol, hmmm life nah brain brain, your brain is slowly factory default mode resetting, but you're resisting it and still digging your heels in

"

There is nothing remotely close to tattoo or tattooing mentioned or suggested anywhere in Revelation 3:12 above or even in Revelation 22:4, the tattoo or tattooing bit is your addition, it is your addition to scripture. It is like you are thinking God is going to be branding people, like as if when marking animals or slaves with hot searing iron. No, there is not going to be any physical writing whatsoever by God, on any human being body parts TruthinAction. Sorry for being the one, bursting your "adding strange fire" bubble

I guess, if going with your dodgy reasoning, then the above Revelation 3:12 too, is talking of physical and/or outright tattooing, hmm? No nwanne TruthinAction, but the above Revelation 3:12 "I will write on them the name of my God. And I will also write on them My new name." and the Revelation 22:4 "a new name written on the forehead" is a metaphorical/figurative expression, merely meaning, a different and new name of ownership, to replace any claim and erase any mark of the beast previously figuratively speaking written on foreheads.

OK TruthinAction, when looking at Revelation 3:12 above, what kind of pillar are you going to be? Are you going to be a literal, real physical pillar in the Temple of God, or you're going to be a metaphorical/figurative pillar, hmm?

But TruthinAction, we are not talking about God who sees the thoughts of our hearts here, we are talking of John the Apostle who hasnt got x-ray vision to enable him see through the garment Jesus was putting on, to read an alleged tattoo written on Jesus' thigh skin. Smh.

"“But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel after those days,” says the LORD.
I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts.
I will be their God, and they will be my people.
""
- Jeremiah 31:33

"This is the covenant I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord.
I will put My laws in their hearts and write them on their minds.
"
- Hebrews 10:16

TruthinAction, do you accept the Jeremiah 31:33 and Hebrews 10:16 scripture just the way they are written and believe you physically see the laws of God, as written on your heart, hmm? Smh.

I earlier asked you this "why specifically were the words at a thigh position" question but you dodged it and didnt answer the question

I studied from some of the finest and best information sources

You guys and all these your noise about certificate. Are you mistaking me for PMB ni?

I think you need to brush up your bible properly, as you're running risk of your already truth decay, worsening

Your defense is too long. It's like you have no job. Don't spiritualized everything the same way some folks said that the mansions in heaven are not real buildings. If it's symbolic, you will know within the context. Please, consult with any English students and give me an honest feedback about the Scripture in contest.
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by MuttleyLaff: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2019
TruthinAction:
Your defense is too long
I am sorry, if you find long post challenging for you, but if that is what it will take, to demolish your arguments, to tear up your every pretension set up against the word of God, so be it.

Funnily enough, I dont seem understand you guys anymore, everything to you must be instant, short, quickly prepared "fast-food" served out. Ah ah kilode.

TruthinAction:
It's like you have no job.
I work, I go to work just like you do but I make all these, a labour of love and mostly gladly look forward to the prospect of making time for people and especially someone like you. I dont mind giving away my time and what I know to you.

TruthinAction:
Don't spiritualized everything the same way some folks said that the mansions in heaven are not real buildings.
Smh, are believers going to inherit the heaven or inherit the earth TruthinAction. Where exactly are these real buildings going to be erected, hmm? Is it in heaven or on earth, erhn. I am just asking ni ooo

The audience Jesus narrated the mansions story to, understood exactly what he meant. Click on the below URL web link to get a clear understanding about "mansions in heaven"
https://www.nairaland.com/2931676/dealing-misconceptions-receive-mansions-heaven/1#42911537

TruthinAction:
If it's symbolic, you will know within the context.
Jeremiah 31:33, Hebrews 10:16, Revelation 3:12 and Revelation 22:4 each and all are symbolic and/or figuratively speaking while Revelation 19:16 is not

TruthinAction:
Please, consult with any English students and give me an honest feedback about the Scripture in contest.
Please consult with any English lecturer and give a relay back with the honest feedback about the below red text excerpt:

Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by TruthinAction: 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I am sorry, if you find long post challenging for you, but if that is what it will take, to demolish your arguments, to tear up your every pretension set up against the word of God, so be it.

Funnily enough, I dont seem understand you guys anymore, everything to you must be instant, short, quickly prepared "fast-food" served out. Ah ah kilode.

I work, I go to work just like you do but I make all these, a labour of love and mostly gladly look forward to the prospect of making time for people and especially someone like you. I dont mind giving away my time and what I know to you.

Smh, are believers going to inherit the heaven or inherit the earth TruthinAction. Where exactly are these real buildings going to be erected, hmm? Is it in heaven or on earth, erhn. I am just asking ni ooo

The audience Jesus narrated the mansions story to, understood exactly what he meant. Click on the below URL web link to get a clear understanding about "mansions in heaven"
https://www.nairaland.com/2931676/dealing-misconceptions-receive-mansions-heaven/1#42911537

Jeremiah 31:33, Hebrews 10:16, Revelation 3:12 and Revelation 22:4 each and all are symbolic and/or figuratively speaking while Revelation 19:16 is not

Please consult with any English lecturer and give a relay back with the honest feedback about the below red text excerpt:

Please just give your life to Christ first. This is what you need. Then you can discern spiritual truth.
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by MuttleyLaff: 11:59pm On Sep 23, 2019
TruthinAction:
Please just give your life to Christ first. This is what you need. Then you can discern spiritual truth.
I doubt you objectively read any of my posts, talkess the last one.

Smh. One day, with the help of the Holy Spirit, you will do it on your own, and almost with tears streaming down your face, will facepalm say, now I get it.
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by TruthinAction: 2:34am On Sep 24, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I doubt you objectively read any of my posts, talkess the last one.

Smh. One day, with the help of the Holy Spirit, you will do it on your own, and almost with tears streaming down your face, will facepalm say, now I get it.

I knew why I recommended you should give your life to Jesus Christ first. Are you born again? Please let me know. Have you received the baptism with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues? Are you currently committed to the course of the gospel?
Re: Jesus Is Pictured As Having Tattoo On His Thigh. by MuttleyLaff: 5:39am On Sep 24, 2019
TruthinAction:
I knew why I recommended you should give your life to Jesus Christ first
You don't know diddly-squat about recommending anything. TruthinAction you're all mouth and no trousers.

TruthinAction:
Are you born again? Please let me know.
Yes and if you didnt know, now from the horse' mouth, you know.

TruthinAction:
Have you received the baptism with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues
"21God's word says,
"Through people who speak foreign languages and through the mouths of foreigners I will speak to these people,
but even then they will not listen to me, says the Lord."
22So the gift of speaking in other languages is a sign for unbelievers, not for believers.
The gift of speaking what God had revealed (i.e. prophecy) is a sign for believers, not for unbelievers
"
- 1 Corinthians 14:21-22

I received the baptism with the Holy Spirit with the evidence of the manifestation of the Holy Spirit. Do every believer speak in tongues? Do all speak in tongues, TruthinAction?

TruthinAction, the first occurrence and example of the gift of speaking in tongues, is that of Peter and other Apostles, in the upper room on the day of Pentecost, speaking languages that the listening pilgrim Jews heard and left them saying "... we all hear these people speaking in our own languages about the wonderful things God has done!". The second occurrence and example of the gift of speaking in tongues, was with Peter again, when Gentiles (i.e. non-Jewish people), in the presence and attendance of Jews, were heard speaking in other languages and praising God. The third occurrence and example of the gift of speaking in tongues in the Bible, was at Ephesus. It was with twelve men, who were twelve ex-disciples of John the Baptist who only knew about John the Baptist and so had only the baptism of John. They admitted to have not even heard that there is anything called Holy Spirit. Anyway so Paul began explaining to them, that John the Baptist administered a baptism of repentance, bidding the people believe on One who was to come after him; namely, on Jesus , then when Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began to speak in foreign languages and to prophesy. The common denominator in all three occurrences and examples of the gift of speaking in tongues is that the speaking in tongues served as a sign, not for believers, but for unbelievers. All the doubts, that the visiting pilgrim Jews in Act 2:5 might have had, all harboured doubts that the Jews present at the Gentile, non-Jewish, Cornelius' house in Acts 10:44-46 and any doubts that the twelve ex-disciples of John the Baptist in Acts 19:6, had about the Gospel, evaporated upon after the moment of speaking in foreign languages

TruthinAction, what is the whole point made in the above paragraph? Well, it's that, the gift of speaking in tongues, is the ability to remove unbelieve, to change unbelieve to believe, by preaching and/or ministering to a listening people or a group of people in a language they know and understand, without yourself personally knowing, necessarily knowing or understand the let out human being foreign language. TruthinAction, 1 Corinthians 14:21-22 above, is informative and very useful scripture.

TruthinAction, I understand you exercise the gift of speaking in tongues, so I ask and please let me know. What particular foreign language do you speak when you exercise the gift of speaking in tongues?

TruthinAction:
Are you currently committed to the course of the gospel?
Religiously committed to the course of the gospel. It is a lifestyle and choice.

If not committed, I wouldnt be typing at this hour when I should've been under my duvet peacefully sleeping. If not that you find long post challenging to read, I could tell you more of the Gospel, could have told you more good news about the gift of speaking in tongues

(1) (Reply)

2019: Members Of Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) Governing Council -pic / Fact Check: Did Pregnant Side Chick Confront Pastor In Lagos Church? (video) / Attention: Nccf Edo State Online Reunion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.