Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,499 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

It Will Take Nigeria 40 Years To Recover From Damage Buhari Has Done To The Econ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Will Take Nigeria 40 Years To Recover From Damage Buhari Has Done To The Econ (412 Views)

APC Has Taken Nigeria 40 Years Backward - Sanusi Fumes (video) / Atiku Blackmailing Judiciary, Yet To Recover From Shock Defeat – Tinubu / BREAKING!!! US Blacklists Nigeria 40 Days After Buhari’s Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Will Take Nigeria 40 Years To Recover From Damage Buhari Has Done To The Econ by eyeview: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2019
Sheikh Ahmed Gunmi, a popular Islamic scholar and preacher has described the 2019 General elections as the worst in the history of Nigeria.

The Islamic cleric who made the claim while hosting the General Overseer of the Evangelical Bible Outreach Ministry Jos, and the Convener of the Movement of Initiative of a Brighter and Better Nigeria Prophet Isa El-Buba at his Kaduna residence on Thursday September 19, said President Buhari rode into power on corruption which he claimed he was fighting.

According to Sheik Gunmi, that it will take 40 years to recover from the ''damage' President Buhari has done to the economy.

Gunmi said, ‘The last election was the worst ever. Election should never be rigged again. We invited the INEC, APC and PDP, and told them, ‘This is what we will do to stop rigging in 2015.’ When the election came, we realised we were handicapped because Nigerians were ignorant but they failed to realise that Nigerians could create an independent poll.

“In 2015, we saw that INEC was not ready for a flawless election. Then another government came with the mantra of change and anti-corruption. I expected the 2019 election to be neat, but I found it to be the worst I have ever witnessed.

“Many people came to me from all over the country; some came with videos and told me those millions of votes you see were coming from just a few hundreds.

“When the results were announced, they said, ‘We told you.’ So, what is the card reader meant for? How can you say you are fighting corruption and you are riding on corruption to come back and create economic damage that will take maybe 40 years to correct?”

El-Buba on his own part hailed the Islamic cleric for standing by the truth. He also pointed out that things are deteoriating in the North and its now time to salvage the region.

El-Buba said, “I really want to commend you for standing out to speak the truth, not just to the authorities, but also to the followers.

“With the situation of things in the country, we need to put our minds together and salvage the country. We cannot continue to leave the control of things in the hands of politicians, if not, it will continue like this.

“I have traversed the whole country and the North is worst. Things are degenerating the more; the poverty is unbearable.”

https://reubenabati.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/8732-it-will-take-nigeria-40-years-to-recover-from-damage-buhari-has-done-to-the-economy-sheik-gunmi
Re: It Will Take Nigeria 40 Years To Recover From Damage Buhari Has Done To The Econ by Goldencheese(m): 11:21am On Sep 20, 2019
I hope the government will listen and try to turn things around in this second term.

....we help businesses prepare their business plans, financials, carry out their feasibility surveys and generally support them through diverse business development services. You can try us today.
Re: It Will Take Nigeria 40 Years To Recover From Damage Buhari Has Done To The Econ by brodalikeme(m): 11:33am On Sep 20, 2019
I think so too but 40years seems like an exaggeration. The pain is not just about the economy alone but the polarisation of Nigerian.

Hailers are wailers in private.
Re: It Will Take Nigeria 40 Years To Recover From Damage Buhari Has Done To The Econ by festacman(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2019
Highly regarded Sheik Gunmi who had been all along supported financially when PDP was in government became suddely stranded and out in the cold by lack of flow of easy money under Buhari government. Atiku's presidential candidacy offered him high hopes of returning to the "good old days". Things didn't quite work out as he prayed. Now his frustration has turned him into an economist, selfishly and bitterly predicting doom for Nigeria.

How come Sheik Gunmi refuse to see and champion the cause of millions of young innocent northerners who are victims of archaic culture, mediocre educational system and heartlessness of the oppresive upper social class to which Sheik Gunmi himself belongs to.

One thing is certain, Sheik Gunmi is a mere mortal. He is not God. The future of Nigeria is so bright that it burns the eyes. Believe!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigeria’s Only Electricity Meter Company Collapsed – Ex-manager / Youth: Bigbrother Vs The Affairs Of Nigeria - Eniola Agbeniga / Buhari Arrives National Assembly For 2020 Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.