Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,216 members, 7,842,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes (5107 Views)

Hardship: Tinubu Not Responsible For Economic Woes – Ambode / I Am Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Economic Woes - Olayemi Cardoso / #twitterban: Job Losses Loom, Economic Woes Worsen, NESG, Experts Warn - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by selemempe: 5:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
atorioke:

Now to this, give me the geographical definition of the Oil River Protectorate?
the eastern region. That region which the igbos governed from 1953 to1967....that region which was nigeria's best region....the one which became biafra from 1967 to 1970. See it here...

Are u ok nw?

2 Likes

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by selemempe: 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
atorioke:

please, read my comment. I didn't object to your claim that region wasn't the best region. I objected to number 3.
so have i cleared ur doubt yet?
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by mercyville: 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
selemempe:

Nigeria Edit
As of 2011, Nigeria was the third-largest producer, with approximately 2.3 million hectares (5.7×106 acres) under cultivation. Until 1934, Nigeria had been the world's largest producer. Both small- and large-scale producers participated in the industry.

Pls tell me...btw the1st three regions, which region was producing palm oil? West had cocoa, north had groundnut and east had palm oil...to the extent the east was called oil rivers protectorate

Bring the link because you lie a lot.
Yorubas had skyscraper,first tv in Africa,free health care etc.

What did you do with yours? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by odinceblog(m): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
Onyeka Onwenu: I was Abused in Government For Being an Igbo woman

https://odinceblog.com/onyeka-onwenu-i-was-abused-in-government-for-being-an-igbo-woman/

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by atorioke(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2019
selemempe:
the eastern region. That region which the igbos governed from 1953 to1967....that region which was nigeria's best region....the one which became biafra from 1967 to 1970. See it here...

Are u ok nw?

When was Oil River Protectorate renamed Eastern region? I still want you to clear my doubt. I'm learning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by mercyville: 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2019
selemempe:

Are u ok nw?

lol

Your region was even behind the Northern region then.

SW was the best region not only in Nigeria but Africa until Aguiyi Ironsi killed it with hate and jealousy that his descendants still carry about till now..

Hear the truth..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by atorioke(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
mercyville:

lol

SW was the best region not only in Nigeria but Africa until Aguiyi Ironsi killed it with hate and jealousy that his descendants still carry about till now..

Hear the truth..

May God help you because I don't understand you.
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by selemempe: 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2019
mercyville:

[s]lol

Hear the truth..[/s]
mercyville:

[s]Bring the link because you lie a lot.
Yorubas had skyscraper,first tv in Africa,free health care etc.

What did you do with yours? grin[/s]
u need to stop quoting me with this ur unintelligent rants. U obviously didnt come to argue...u came to troll and i have had enough of it. U continue to spam this thread with the same unintelligent screenshot and i will have to report u for violating rule 18

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by selemempe: 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2019
atorioke:

When was Oil River Protectorate renamed Eastern region? I still want you to clear my doubt. I'm learning.
it was merged with the west in 1900 to form the protectorate of south nigeria and merged with lagos in 1906 to form the colony and protectorate of south nigeria and lagos. They were all merged with north in 1914 to form nigeria.
Later in 1939, south nigeria was divided to form east and west
And east nigeria was the worlds largest producer of palm oil b4 indonesia permanently overtook us in the 50s

Wat else do u need?

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by atorioke(m): 5:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
selemempe:
it was merged with the west in 1900 to form the protectorate of south nigeria and merged with lagos in 1906 to form the colony and protectorate of south nigeria and lagos. They were all merged with north in 1914 to form nigeria.
Later in 1939, south nigeria was divided to form east and west
And east nigeria was the worlds largest producer of palm oil b4 indonesia permanently overtook us in the 50s

Wat else do u need?

Add me on whatsApp 07036306635. I need to tell you something.
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by selemempe: 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
atorioke:

Add me on whatsApp 07036306635. I need to tell you something.
lol...not gonna happen....tell me here

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by Sleevia: 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
effoi:

Bros, we are first of all Nigerians and we all owe a duty to see our country get back on track. Whosoever is capable of doing so should be given the opportunity and that's my advocacy. We have tried the North, South West, South South and lets also try the igbos.
I am sure you are from the south. That is the problem with you Southerners. Does the North even share this nonsense you just spewed here that you are first Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by IGBOSON1: 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2019
selemempe:
lol...not gonna happen....tell me here

Hehehehe grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by IGBOSON1: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
mercyville:

Most of these are not even up to 10 years.It is a shame that you cannot start a business and nurture it for at least,30 years like the Yorubas.

Fair enough!

Oya, you tell me the ones (most, as you asserted) that aren’t up to 10 years. I’m waiting! smiley
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by mercyville: 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
selemempe:
u need to stop quoting me with this ur unintelligent rants. U obviously didnt come to argue...u came to troll and i have had enough of it. U continue to spam this thread with the same unintelligent screenshot and i will have to report u for violating rule 18

NO VEX..That Hausa Fulani man told you the blatant truth that everybody already knew.
You had the best palm oil but failed woefully in utilising it appropriately like the SW.
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by T9ksy(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
Sleevia:
I am sure you are from the south. That is the problem with you Southerners. Does the North even share this nonsense you just spewed here that you are first Nigerian?

The north has never seen themselves as Nigerians first , most especially the fulanis who have got the rest of us in vice-like grip since 1967 when they killed Ironsi the dunce who insisted we should all be one united country inspite of our glaring differences.

Yerima was unambiguous in his assertion (after purchasing a 15yr old egyptian girl as a bride) that he is more answerable to his koran than the constitution of Nigeria as such he hasn't committed any crime. Meanwhile, the pedophile made his wealth from the same country he has no desire or inclination to abide by her Laws.

Now they are trying to settle their kith and kins from mali, niger, chad etc in southern part of nigeria under the guise of Ruga settlement.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by Sleevia: 7:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
T9ksy:

The north has never seen themselves as Nigerians first , most especially the fulanis who have got the rest of us in vice-like grip since 1967 when they killed Ironsi the dunce who insisted we should all be one united country inspite of our glaring differences.

Yerima was unambiguous in his assertion (after purchasing a 15yr old egyptian girl as a bride) that he is more answerable to his koran than the constitution of Nigeria as such he hasn't committed any crime. Meanwhile, the pedophile made his wealth from the same country he has no desire or inclination to abide by her Laws.

Now they are trying to settle their kith and kins from mali, niger, chad etc in southern part of nigeria under the guise of Ruga settlement.

bless you. I did not have the strength to school that lad.

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by maestroferddi: 7:37pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ritchiee:

Thanks bro.You really prolly tried but how would we know that Igbos can turn things around for the better when they have not done that for their region?

Moreover,when every region paddled their own canoes during regional system,the Igbos did not do well.Most of them ran to Ibadan,the capital of Yorubaland then to survive.

I really respect the Igbos for their positive potentials but I cannot lay my hands on any business they have built that had lasted like the Tribune,Punch,Iwe alaroye,alabukun,Odua group etc of the Yorubas.

Maybe I am mistaking one thing for the other but all what you have written do not signify that they will successfully take us out of this economic woes because they do not have an antecedent of being economically savvy.Thanks.

N.B:
I used Yorubaland because they were growing in leaps and bounds until y`all tied them down to go at your own pace....yes,Ironsi did.
You are blindingly petty...

I will not waste my saliva trying to disabuse your grievious narrow-mindedness.

Money was wasted in sending you to school...

A case is being made on economic revolution of Nigeria nay Africa and all your small mind could fathom is reeling out the likes of Alabukun, Punch and The Tribune...

Set yourself free from the bondage of tribalism....

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by oyatz(m): 7:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
What's the rationale and economic sense for this?

How many Nigerians can afford even the made-in-Nigeria cars at #3 million?

Instead,we can start by banning tokunboh cars older than 5years.
Increase local production of automobiles over a 5-10 year period.

selemempe:
let them ban importation of cars too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by selemempe: 8:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
oyatz:

then start giving car loans na. How do u think countries develope?
Let me paint a scenerio for u so u knw hw shallow u sounded.

Cement used to be imported in nigeria and used to be very costly until obj and dangote changed the game. Even ibeto was importing cement...but now he makes his own. The cement industry now employs millions of nigerians and is a major nigerian export.

On the auto industry...if nigeria was not biased and insincere, the same policy will gv the same results. Think of a situation were u cant import used cars into nigeria anymore. Banks will gv good car loans to working class ppl...innosson will employ more nigerians and then big names like coscharis, PAN, kia and volkwagen will enter the industry too..milliins of nigerians would be employed and price of new cars crashed....

Common sense...but nigeria lack it.

The same thing can be done in all our industries too...but that is story for another day sha

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by Sleevia: 8:48pm On Sep 21, 2019
mercyville:

lol
Ekene is going comatose because of in fighting of his children.
So you do not have businesses you can mention except your human conduit pipes to Lagos.You are always fleeing,so who else will help.Name a real business.You see why Yorubas are better managers of businesses now.
is Lagos the only state in South West?
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by Financialslot: 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
maestroferddi:
You are blindingly petty...

I will not waste my saliva trying to disabuse your grievious narrow-mindedness.

Money was wasted in sending you to school...

A case is being made on economic revolution of Nigeria nay Africa and all your small mind could fathom is reeling out the likes of Alabukun, Punch and The Tribune...

Set yourself free from the bondage of tribalism....

Bros,make you no use style abuse person. Lets focus on issues

1 Like

Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by sleekdre: 12:26am On Sep 22, 2019
dukeprince50:
lol, the economy of a country doesn't depend on selling spare parts and Motorola chargers.

states by GDP

1 Lagos State US$33,679
2 Rivers State US$21,073
3 Delta State US$16,749
4 Oyo State US$16,121
5 Imo State US$14,212
6 Kano State US$12,393
7 Edo State US$11,888
8 Akwa Ibom State US$11,179
9 Ogun State US$10,470
10 Kaduna State US$10,334,

The way they make noise, one might think they they will have 5 of the 10 states, even NW has two states
Do you even know the meaning of GDP? Have you asked yourself who and who contribute to the GDP of these states you mentioned. I pity Igbo's cos they seem to forget the slogan "Nalue Uno"..if not the GDP of Igbo states will be same as d rest of the country..
Just my two cents oo...
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by oyatz(m): 5:08am On Sep 22, 2019
Theoretically ,the same policy will give the same result but in reality,it won't.

Try to find out the factors needed to manufacture vehicles and cement, then find out the ones readily available here.

The steel and metal industries as well as electricity will determine how well we can compete in the auto industry.

In economic terms, Nigeria of 2019 don't have the comperative and competitive advantages in automobile industry,it is not about the Government or the people of Nigeria hating Innoson or the Igbos.
More than 98% of the Igbo car owners don't buy Innoson cars but Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc.
Why do you think Igbo car importers don't just go to Innoson to buy cars instead of going to import Tokunbo cars in far away US, Europe or Asia?
Do they also hate Innoson?

Even if banks give car loans of #3million, it won't still help the industry (subsidizing consumption instead of subsidizing the production).

Apart from these, the economic factors differ alot.
The unit cost of the auto products is very different from the cement industry.
Even, a 25 year old NYSC member can buy 2 bags of cement (#2400*2= #4800) to renovate his Corper's lodge but not so with cars.

selemempe:
then start giving car loans na. How do u think countries develope?
Let me paint a scenerio for u so u knw hw shallow u sounded.

Cement used to be imported in nigeria and used to be very costly until obj and dangote changed the game. Even ibeto was importing cement...but now he makes his own. The cement industry now employs millions of nigerians and is a major nigerian export.

On the auto industry...if nigeria was not biased and insincere, the same policy will gv the same results. Think of a situation were u cant import used cars into nigeria anymore. Banks will gv good car loans to working class ppl...innosson will employ more nigerians and then big names like coscharis, PAN, kia and volkwagen will enter the industry too..milliins of nigerians would be employed and price of new cars crashed....

Common sense...but nigeria lack it.

The same thing can be done in all our industries too...but that is story for another day sha
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by Financialslot: 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2019
sleekdre:

Do you even know the meaning of GDP? Have you asked yourself who and who contribute to the GDP of these states you mentioned. I pity Igbo's cos they seem to forget the slogan "Nalue Uno"..if not the GDP of Igbo states will be same as d rest of the country..
Just my two cents oo...

The GDP figures are wrong. Lagos GDP figure is about $ 136 billion and not $ 33 billion.
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by Kpoikpoi: 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2019
effoi:
The Nigerian economy today is in shambles. There are lots of discussions about the solution to problems facing Africa, especially Nigeria. In this article, we talk about the reasons why Igbos might be the solution to Nigeria’s economic woes.

Across ethnic groups in Nigeria, the Igbos are the most dominant and strong-willed natives in the land. With the Fulani-Hausa ethnic groups of northern Nigeria heading the chart, and Yoruba coming in second place, the Igbo tribe remains the third-largest Ethnic group in Nigeria.

These natives occupy majorly five states in the federation which Includes Abia, Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi, and Imo state.

The Igbos can generally be regarded as highly Industrious and hardworking people. When we want to consider societal and national issues, the Igbos seem to be less likely affected by these problems basically because of some inbuilt qualities they possess.

Attributes of the Igbo People

The Igbo people are courageous

They are always ready any day anytime to surmount every challenge in the pursuit of anything he sets out to accomplish. They are risk-takers and adventurous as they can relocate to a new place that they have never been to make their survival there. They create opportunities out of anything that can ensure their growth and sustenance.

The Igbo man is Resilient

Having the ability to ignore challenges and focus on an opportunity they see makes them very flexible. An Igbo person would start up something minimal and would diligently grow it with pain and hard work till eventually it will grow and flourish.

The Igbo people are creative

They can confidently put things together and make it work, increase and improve the quality of an existing structure for maximum satisfaction.

They have a reliable support system

An Igbo person succeeding in his business will not want to benefit alone; he will take up certain people and make them successful as well. They can work with each other multiplying investments, building clubs, unions, and associations. These natives will always seek to dominate and conquer territories.

They have the entrepreneur spirit

Your success in your business will demand knowledge, mentorship, and of course, the capital. They learn fast and can allow members of their family work for another family where he discovers the trade of his master and also receives mentorship. When he has grown in knowledge, his master will establish him to start his own business by setting up a separate company for him to run or giving him money to make a living out of it. This system of support has made many poor men wealthy for life.

Where the limitations lie

However, Nigeria is the motherland. We have both human and natural resources in this great country. But, we suffer a lot of critical challenges which hinder growth and development.

For a nation that has approximately 200million inhabitants, it’s sad to say that Nigeria has not mastered how to use its human resources for benefit. Nigeria, blessed with natural resources which are both renewable and nonrenewable across the 36 states of the federation, has not adequately utilized the benefits which these natural resources bring.

These natural resources come as limestone, solid minerals, gas deposits, coal deposits, etc. The country is also blessed with fertile lands where agricultural activities can be carried out to provide food and wealth for the nation. But we ignore all of these because we prefer foreign-made goods.

With such great resources available for our use freely, we need our human resources to utilize and turn our natural resources to our favor, and the need for the Igbo cannot be overemphasized.

Nigeria's economic woes have always been a topic that has for long been deliberated upon; be it in our institutions, on the media and even in the national assembly. The problem is not hidden from the masses as we are not ignorant of the facts. But the challenge to move forward must come from us the citizens in collaboration with our political leaders who are not making things right in the rule of governance and laws for the people.

There is a need to rise to our growth and development away from the woes which tie us down, and the Igbos have a significant part to play to make this dream a reality.

The Igbos have the solutions to Nigeria’s economic woes

Looking at the following economic woes, we can see where the Igbos have the solution:

The problem of interaction between the government and society

There needs to be a relationship between the private sector and state civil society. This relationship will enhance economic, political, and social affairs. It is beyond doubt that good governance starts from us, and ethical leadership will provide the right circumstance for its people to experience quality governance and justice. The Igbo in their ability to carry everyone along in their endeavors will not fail to go down to the grassroots, hear the cry of the people, and take up responsibilities for the wellbeing of the nation.

The problem of Corruption among Citizens

The Igbos are known to start up something little and grow it to full maturity. They believe there are no short cuts to success, but with determination and hard work, a lot can be achieved. Corruption affects almost the whole world, but Nigeria’s tails are enormous. When funds that are meant to be for the development of the nation are secretly hurled among top public officials, it becomes a problem as people suffer to make ends meet. The Igbos understand the demands of unity and working together for the greater good. This is why they travel the path of success and never go alone because they carry as many persons as possible."

The problem of poorly executed policies

One of the causes of stunted growth in the economy is greed and inconsistency among political leaders. At the start of their tenure, they come with a new set of rules, policies, and development and neglect the previous policies. One interesting fact to know about the Igbos is their ability to stay focused on a task until it is acquired. This is why they strive for maximum satisfaction. They always pick up from where their predecessors stopped and continue from there till the end.

The problem of poor human development

In a bid to conquer territories, the Igbos build networks, networks that ensure the continuity of life. Their entrepreneurial mindset makes them utilize human resources. Today, the nation suffers a reflection of lousy quality economic health and human development. This problem is bound to continue if nothing is done about it.

The problem of Crime and Terrorism

It is alarming to know that most people have sleepless night because if this problem, some people find it difficult to walk around their neighborhood. Nigeria has failed in this aspect of public security. We experience terrorist attacks, bombings, kidnapping, etc. Nigeria is now classified as the 4th country in the world with the highest mortality rate as a result of conflicts. The Igbos believe in peace and justice for all irrespective of titles and status. Therefore, they find ways to build friendly environments and foster unity in their little communities.

Problem of unemployment

This happens to be the most consistent problem in Nigeria, as many young people get disappointed as the rate of joblessness arises. A lot of Nigerian graduates after graduation have a decrease in morale when they face unemployment. The Igbos are mostly less affected by the country's recession because of their entrepreneurial skills. They are opportunity seekers and make the best of it when brought to them. When we have more avenues for entrepreneurship, employment opportunities will increase in society.

Problem of Education

With the current system of education, there is a need for an upgrade in the educational sector. The Igbos do not believe in Nigeria’s educational system, which is purely theoretical. But we can learn from them in terms of accountability, partnership, transitional knowledge, and mentorship which make the Igbos successful. They create vocational systems where you learn, and they guide you through to the point of independence.

These and many more are where we suffer as Nigerians, and the Igbos are the best bet and solution to the issues of the nation.

There are lots of these natives that have left an impact on the nation; some of which are:

- Chinua Achebe (1930-2013) - A man we can recognize as a novelist, a poet, and a critic.
- Zulu Sofola (1935-1995) - A remarkable woman and the first Nigerian female playwright and dramatist. Also known as the first female professor of Theater Arts in Africa.
- Adiele Afigbo (1937- 2009) - He is a Historian known for the history and histography of Africa and Igbo history.
- Priscilla Ekwere Eleje - First Nigerian female to have her signature on the Nigerian currency and current director of currency operations, Central Bank of Nigeria.
- Major (Dr.) Albert Okonkwo – He was a military administrator in the mid-western states, in 1967.
- Nnamdi Azikiwe (1904 – 1996) - He was Nigeria's foremost president and the Owelle of Onitsha.

Admittedly, the Igbos has so much to give back to the country. It is time to work together, building on the strengths and cultures of our different ethnic groups to solve Nigeria’s economic woes. Indeed, the Igbos are the solution to our financial woes.

Source: https://www.busytape.com/why-igbos-solutions-nigeria-economic-woes/
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by Kpoikpoi: 1:21pm On Sep 22, 2019
How pikin wey no fit clean yansh go take get sense pass him papa?
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by selemempe: 3:12pm On Sep 22, 2019
oyatz:
Theoretically ,the same policy will give the same result but in reality,it won't.

Try to find out the factors needed to manufacture vehicles and cement, then find out the ones readily available here.

The steel and metal industries as well as electricity will determine how well we can compete in the auto industry.

In economic terms, Nigeria of 2019 don't have the comperative and competitive advantages in automobile industry,it is not about the Government or the people of Nigeria hating Innoson or the Igbos.
More than 98% of the Igbo car owners don't buy Innoson cars but Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc.
Why do you think Igbo car importers don't just go to Innoson to buy cars instead of going to import Tokunbo cars in far away US, Europe or Asia?
Do they also hate Innoson?

Even if banks give car loans of #3million, it won't still help the industry (subsidizing consumption instead of subsidizing the production).

Apart from these, the economic factors differ alot.
The unit cost of the auto products is very different from the cement industry.
Even, a 25 year old NYSC member can buy 2 bags of cement (#2400*2= #4800) to renovate his Corper's lodge but not so with cars.

1st of all, aluminium not metal is used to make cars.

2ndly nigeria has the comparative advantage for auto industry simply because of our market. South Africa dont have the market nor alumium but they are the giants of auto in africa. Most toyota cars in nigeria were made in SA.

Dont blame igbo importers...they are products of the nigerian system too.

Car loans given by banks to purchase the final product is not a form of subsidy at all...who ever told u that loans are subsidies? The loans will have the dual purpose of making banks more profitable and making auto makers bigger. Both industry grows.

The only people that lose at the end of the day would be u.s and germany were majority of used cars come from.

New cars would still be imported and poor can still buy made in nigeria used cars.

It was in 1984 that nigerians started buying used cars abroad anyhow....the trend can still be reversed but someone is afraid that innosson will be the biggest beneficiary. If dangote starts making cars now, u will see that everything i wrote here can be implemented.

Ps there are more new houses built in nigeria in the last 10yrs than new cars bought by nigerians. Most nigerians will put up 25 million to build a house and then buy a 3 million used toyota car...why?
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by oyatz(m): 5:06am On Sep 23, 2019
You are free to believe what suit your fancy (including comparing building of houses with buying cars in a country like Nigeria!)

However, when I read your first statement that
'Aluminum and not metals is used to build cars' I knew I had to stop this discussion with you because it shows your knowledge of the subject matter is quite shallow.

selemempe:
1st of all, aluminium not metal is used to make cars.

2ndly nigeria has the comparative advantage for auto industry simply because of our market. South Africa dont have the market nor alumium but they are the giants of auto in africa. Most toyota cars in nigeria were made in SA.

Dont blame igbo importers...they are products of the nigerian system too.

Car loans given by banks to purchase the final product is not a form of subsidy at all...who ever told u that loans are subsidies? The loans will have the dual purpose of making banks more profitable and making auto makers bigger. Both industry grows.

The only people that lose at the end of the day would be u.s and germany were majority of used cars come from.

New cars would still be imported and poor can still buy made in nigeria used cars.

It was in 1984 that nigerians started buying used cars abroad anyhow....the trend can still be reversed but someone is afraid that innosson will be the biggest beneficiary. If dangote starts making cars now, u will see that everything i wrote here can be implemented.

Ps there are more new houses built in nigeria in the last 10yrs than new cars bought by nigerians. Most nigerians will put up 25 million to build a house and then buy a 3 million used toyota car...why?
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by effoi: 8:31am On Sep 23, 2019
oyatz:

There may be no need to ban tokunbo. However government can implement a deliberate policy of instructing all government agencies and parastatals to only purchase made in Nigerian cars. That ways Innoson and other local assembly plants will be encouraged. These guys are creating jobs and paying taxes to government afterall. Most countries in sub- Saharan africa are taking Innoson more serious than FGN. These countries are sending delegations to Nigeria to see for themselves, order vehicles and also attempt to lure him over to their end
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by selemempe: 2:56pm On Sep 23, 2019
oyatz:
You are free to believe what suit your fancy (including comparing building of houses with buying cars in a country like Nigeria!)

However, when I read your first statement that
'Aluminum and not metals is used to build cars' I knew I had to stop this discussion with you because it shows your knowledge of the subject matter is quite shallow.

no. U are the one who knows little or nothing about wat u are talking about

Typically the material used to construct vehicle chassis and frames is carbon steel; or aluminum alloys to achieve a more light-weight construction. In the case of a separate chassis, the frame is made up of structural elements called the rails or beams.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_frame
Re: Why The Igbos Are The Solution To Nigeria's Economic Woes by oyatz(m): 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2019
Obviously you dont know much about Basic Chemistry, let alone Industrial Chemistry.

Let me explain some terminologies to you.

1) Aluminium (Al) is a type of metal, specifically, it's apost transition metal with an Atomic number of 13 on period-3 in the Periodic Table of Elements.

2) An alloy is a mixture of two or more metals and the commonest example of an alloy is Steel. Brass and Bronze are other examples of Alloys.

3) Steel is an alloy of Iron, Carbon and one or more other metals.
When the other metals are chromium and Tin, you can have Stainless Steel and when the other metal is mainly zinc, the product becomes galvanized steel.

4) Carbon Steel is a type of Steel in which the Carbon content is around 2%. In most conventional steel, the carbon content is usually between 0=5-1=5%.
With increasing Carbon content, the steel will become less ductile.

Metals make up about two-thirds of the weight of vehicles.
You can't talk of automobile manufacturing without talking of Metal industries.

selemempe:
no. U are the one who knows little or nothing about wat u are talking about

Typically the material used to construct vehicle chassis and frames is carbon steel; or aluminum alloys to achieve a more light-weight construction. In the case of a separate chassis, the frame is made up of structural elements called the rails or beams.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_frame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Message To Igbo People In Lagos. / Now That Yorubas Claim Lagos Belongs To Yorubas, The FG Should Do The Following / Ebere In Igbo Means Mercy, Ebele In Ijaw Means Sweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.