Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority (13774 Views)

CUPP Alleges Plots To Remove Mahmoud As INEC Chairman / Desecration Of Court: Group Asks CJN To Bar Judges From DSS Cases / CUPP Alleges Plot To Force Onnoghen To Resign ‘at Gunpoint (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by Eteka1(m): 9:43am On Sep 21, 2019
Onaksxchange:
Am not Nigerian
So what are you looking for here?
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by drlateef: 9:49am On Sep 21, 2019
CUPP is the second team of PDP, we all know that. They are completely ignorant. First of all, Justice Odili PDP cannot sit in that panel based on precedence set by Zainab Bulkashuwa. Others too may have declined to sit in that panel because they know its an impossible robbery to do for Atiku, even though they are on Atiku's payroll as per the Dubai strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by 35824L: 10:07am On Sep 21, 2019
drlateef:
CUPP is the second team of PDP, we all know that. They are completely ignorant. First of all, Justice Odili PDP cannot sit in that panel based on precedence set by Zainab Bulkashuwa. Others too may have declined to sit in that panel because they know its an impossible robbery to do for Atiku, even though they are on Atiku's payroll as per the Dubai strategy.
You nailed it. Even if those PDP justices sit on the panel, there is no leeway to upturn the case in favour of Atiku. The appeal court judgement was comprehensively compelling and has effectively tied their hands.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by Eteka1(m): 10:15am On Sep 21, 2019
Foolish talk.
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by Risingblue008(m): 11:08am On Sep 21, 2019
Just look at our judiciary, learned colleagues no knw dier left and right again because of money,really we r living in a zoo nation
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by surgical: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2019
Afamed:

The same evidences that were thrown out of court by A unianimous 5 man panel of Judge few days for total lack of merit? Truly most of these PDP supporters are half-baked.
on what term did the judges threw the case out? For elevation to the apex court?
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by senatordave1(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
Djrufus:
this issue of "does the electoral law permits transmission of results " is absurd to me. The bone of contention here is that was it transmitted or not. Is like saying "the law prohibits stealing" so a suspect that stole a car couldn't have stole it because the law prohibits it, so no need to talk about it. The law is meant to checkmate u when u go against it. In this instant case inec knew it was against the law, but transmitted it, and the law now be used to justify that he couldnt have transmitted it. Its like saying " over voting is against the electoral law, so inec couldnt have declared a result, if there is overvoting" then there will be no need for a tribunal. I believe the essence of a tribunal is to prove that an electoral law has been breach . Not that "it can not be breach"
As far as its illegal,whether it was transmitted or not is irrelevant.secondly,inec said they only did a test run,a pilot scheme
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by senatordave1(m): 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
surgical:
on what term did the judges threw the case out? For elevation to the apex court?
Whats your point?
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by Danzakidakura(m): 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2019
efighter:

You are right my brethren. This is what APC has turned our judiciary into. APC lodged different foreign currencies into Walter Onnoghen's account for Onnoghen to be using to do Bureau-de-Change. That is how Onnoghen was killed out.

Definitely you need a brain reset. Now hear this, no PDP judge will sit on the panel. Mary-Odilli whose crook husband is a PDP leader will never be on the panel. Bode Rhodes-Vivor whose son contested for House of Reps seat under PDP too will never be on the panel.

If you are not satisfied, you can go follow Nnamdi Kanu and Atikuchukwu to UN, EU, US, AU to protest. But don't let me see you protest on Nigeria's streets, if not the Nigerian Police will use you for shooting practice. Go ask Shiites miscreants about the Nigerian Police.
are you OK with the happening in Nigeria ? If you are OK no problem my generation unborn will never suffer because i have established a flourishing business for them, if the government put pressure on me i transfer it to the masses and life goes on.
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by Afamed: 12:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
surgical:
The case was thrown out on frivolous claim that he won the election on www.factdontlie.com.ng
That was INEC server Atiku's lawyers claimed to have won the election from.
You can then make your conclusion if www.factdontlie.com.ng could even be admitted as evidence even if Ozokhome Mary Odili and Walter Onoghen were even the judges to give verdict on that day and they wanted to be elevated to World court in Hague.
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by israelmao(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
[quote author=Afamed post=82422991]
You have just justified why I said most of the PDP supporters are half baked and brain dead again
1) Show me which part of INEC / Electoral law permits transmission of election/ votes data?
2) If most of PDP supporters are not half-baked like I said before and if you have followed the court hearing during the Tribunal, they asked Atiku's lawyers to provide the INEC site, he had the transmission of data, Atiku lawyers provided. www.factdontlie.com.ng. The question a knowledgeable person should ask is, is www.factdontlie.com.ng the INEC server?
You can see why I said most of PDP supporters are half-baked and brain dead[/quote

I am glad you added to your insult by remarking that you're not just half-baked but you're brain dead..You will do well to open up your non-existent and potboiler websites used in buttressing your fictions.The questions here are :Does INEC have server or not?Why did INEC commit perjury by saying what exists does not exist if indeed there's nothing to hide?Even INEC staff bore witness at the Tribunal that there's server.Do the cancelled votes exist or not?All these and more of which the Tribunal failed to give broader and exhaustive views will be attended to at the Supreme Court if only justice will be allowed to prevail.
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by Deepthoughts: 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2019
chidima2019:
The Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP) has alleged plot by the All Progressives Congress (APC) to influence the selection of Supreme Court justices who would sit on the appeal panel filed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. Also, a coalition of Civil Society organisations, the Nigeria Centre for Justice and Rule of Law (NCJRL), accused the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad, of shopping for willing justices who would hear the appeal. At a press conference yesterday, CUPP spokesperson, Ikenga Ugochinyere, said the coalition has intercepted a secret list of a seven-man panel of the Justices of Supreme Court about to be announced by the CJN who would sit on the appeal. According to him, the plan was to jettison the agelong tradition of selecting the members of the panel in the order of seniority.

“Since the 1979 presidential election, the first presidential election in Nigeria, the tradition in the Supreme Court has been that the seven most senior justices of the Supreme Court are empanelled for the purpose of determining the presidential election appeal,” Ugochinyere noted. He listed the seven most senior justices and their year of appointment to include the CJN, Ibrahim Tanko Mohammed (2006), Bode Rhodes-Vivour (2010), Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta (2011), Mary Odili (2011), Olukayode Ariwoola (2011), Musa Datijo Mohammad (2012) and Kumayi Bayang Akaahs (2012). He alleged that the CJN wants to deviate from the tradition and replace some of the justices with their juniors. According to him, the list CUPP intercepted showed that the panel that would hear Atiku’s appeal is made up of the CJN, Rhodes-Vivour, Datijo Mohammed, John Inyang Okoro who was appointed in 2013, China Centus Nweze (2016), Aminu Adamu Augie (2016), and Uwani Dauda Bags (2018).

https://punchng.com/atikus-appeal-cupp-alleges-manipulation-in-supreme-court-panel-composition/amp/
Everything buhari is doing serves the docile n disunited Southerners especially the Christian's right,when next they ever had the opportunity again, they can go n be speaking grammar feeling cocky instead of been courageous n taking tough decisions required to change the country n move it forward,I don't blame buhari at all.
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by Afamed: 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2019
PDP supporters with their level of reasoning is beyond human understanding
They won on server , provide us the server you won from www.factdontlie.com.ng .
Which was even created 2 weeks after the presidential election. Truly most PDP supporters are half baked
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by senatordave1(m): 1:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
ogatboy:

They do not have to rule in favour of Atiku but the process should be fair and transparent
It was fair
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
if these is true, then Nigeria is finish..let me wait and see what will happen
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by Tecno66: 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2019
They knew Onoghen would have followed the existing standard. The truth is that the spoil of office is too much for the thieves to allow normal procedure to prevail.
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by ejimatic: 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
undoubtedly no law... But there's a procedure, status quo, locus classicus... Bro it has never been diz precarious and sickening.. I'm not a party man but I know diz might burn everyone's fingers in the end if it fizzles through..
. Thank you my brother I am not a party man either but my observation is that some unregistered political groups in Nigeria under the guise of human rights usually create tension where there is none.. At the PEPC they did that PDP lost . in Osun Tribuna appeal same was done PDP lost ..CJN can use any body to hear the case with Tanko Mohammed as the head.. The entire judgement must pass through the CJN ...Whatever he decides is the final .Atiku is not the first to lose at the PEPC and he can never be the last...Awolowo Buhari Falae etc lost and nothing happened. He even benefited with a judgement with OBJ against Buhari.Heavens did not fall. If same happens to him too nothing will happen Nigeria will continue.
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by Afamed: 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
Tecno66:
They knew Onoghen would have followed the existing standard. The truth is that the spoil of office is too much for the thieves to allow normal procedure to prevail.
Just as Onnoghen followed the existing standard by declaring the foreign earning in his account
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
Re: Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority by Kfed4ril(m): 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2019
Shawnnn01:
In whose pocket was the judiciary when PDP was ruling or are you deliberately trying to be foolish ?! So only PDP SHOULD enjoy the monopoly of pocketing the judiciary ? Na so una foolish reach ?

But I thought you said you’re a progressive Nigerian?

APC came with the change mantra, that the want to change how things are done and move Nigeria forward but instead it turned to be worse, because everything PDP did and you condemned them for APC has done worse but you praise them.
Who is the worst devil here, I believe you know the answer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

₦7.1 Billion Fraud: Why EFCC Must Stop My Fresh Trial - Orji Kalu / Pictures From PDP Campaign Rally In Damboa LGA, Borno State / How Awolowo Was Jailed By Yorubas And Northerners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.