Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,161 members, 7,860,159 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe (4695 Views)

Nigerians Hate Fulanis Because Of Buhari And El-Rufai - Kish Adamu / Why Nigerians hate Igbo, by Chinua Achebe / I Disagree With Chinua Achebe, The Trouble With Nigeria Is Not Politicians, But (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Myhusband(m): 8:38am On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
goodnessme1:
Tell us the state in east that your south west state are better than.

Don't say lagos because lagos is no mans land.
[/s]

osun, Ogun and Oyo are working tirelessly on human development and infrastructures presently, on joined securities of the region among others while your governors wail about ipob and destroy the legacy of non PDP past Governor

you people need to buy shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Myhusband(m): 8:42am On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
mrvitalis:

Igbos Feel they are superior ?
Same yorubas would calm they are superior and sophisticated ,most educated ,blah blah even tho we know its all false

This is just yorubas issue ....Igbos are not competing with you ...

You guys are the ones competing with us without us knowing yet u still losing

[/s]

how can a region that's far relevant than you in Nigeria compete with you?

compete with you in what stand actually? is there any industries in Nigeria that you won't find Yoruba?

if you people can be anything in this country, you need to let go your bitter and allow people that sabi road to lead you not this una local arrogance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by mrvitalis(m): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2019
Myhusband:
[s][/s]

how can a region that's far relevant than you in Nigeria compete with you?

compete with you in what stand actually? is there any industries in Nigeria that you won't find Yoruba?

if you people can be anything in this country, you need to let go your bitter and allow people that sabi road to lead you not this una local arrogance
Bitter and we backed OBJ ?

U want to lead igbos ,u want igbos to bow to u ,u went to be the fulanis of the south

There is only one way to do that ....kill all igbos
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by goodnessme1(f): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2019
Myhusband:
[s][/s]

osun, Ogun and Oyo are working tirelessly on human development and infrastructures presently, on joined securities of the region among others while your governors wail about ipob and destroy the legacy of non PDP past Governor

you didn't make any sense.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Myhusband(m): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2019
goodnessme1:
you didn't make any sense.

what's the status of human and physical development in your region presently?

that fat Albert purchase second hand vehicles to fight security your people started praising him. something that happened because he was pressurized, he would have resort to his crying like a toddler as usual
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Myhusband(m): 8:56am On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
mrvitalis:

Bitter and we backed OBJ ?

U want to lead igbos ,u want igbos to bow to u ,u went to be the fulanis of the south

There is only one way to do that ....kill all igbos
[/s]

let Igbo stop backing, let them come out like brave people that you people do paint yourself and contest and save us the crying victims every time
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by fk002: 8:56am On Sep 21, 2019
goodnessme1:
Your hatred for Igbos is not new and is not surprising,because.....

What he said is not hatred but the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by mrvitalis(m): 8:59am On Sep 21, 2019
Myhusband:
[s][/s]

let Igbo stop backing, let them come out like brave people that you people do paint yourself and contest and save us the crying victims every time
U dont get it .. Reason u have been in position more than any region ...u dont understand politics ...ur buhari success was a one time thing ...just relax n learn

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Mrfeel: 9:03am On Sep 21, 2019
Myhusband:
[s][/s]

civil war is 49yrs ago and you're still hiding your slow development under civil war. when the civil war ended and after national reconciliation, didn't your Governors collect allocation, what are they using it to do?

how many people does Ike lift out of poverty in his senatorial district when he was senators for 20yrs and DSP for 8yrs?

you people have no reason to tell anyone that is only Igbo that can govern Nigeria well

I'm not against Igbo president but president is not a title, is an elective post. Igbo should come out openly and stop blaming everyone for their flaws

How much was given to us to rebuild our destroyed region? Nothing , northerners and Westerners have the biggest allocation share what have they done with it? You can't say northern and western region are developed will you?
There are more poor people in the North and West than they are in the East, your regions are overpopulated with poor people ur regions, north and west is the reason Nigeria is the second poorest country in the world,

Nigerian politics is faulty democracy in Nigeria is a scam, this country Nigeria will never work till this country is divided or restructured in way that regional government becomes more powerful than the centralized government

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Myhusband(m): 9:03am On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
mrvitalis:

U dont get it .. Reason u have been in position more than any region ...u dont understand politics ...ur buhari success was a one time thing ...just relax n learn

Yoruba aren't responsible for you people irrelevant in Nigeria politics presently. you don't like this present govt then you don't expect them to give you sense of inclusion in their party

PDP is big enough to do that, so it's Igbo right to fight to that top sit and not ranting like a minority tribe

I will sit you down like a toddler and teach you what politics is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Myhusband(m): 9:07am On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
Mrfeel:

How much was given to us to rebuild our destroyed region? Nothing , northerners and Westerners have the biggest allocation share what have they done with it? You can't say northern and western region are developed will you?
There are more poor people in the North and West than they are in the East, your regions are overpopulated with poor people ur regions, north and west is the reason Nigeria is the second poorest country in the world,

Nigerian politics is faulty democracy in Nigeria is a scam, this country Nigeria will never work till this country is divided or restructured in way that regional government becomes more powerful than the centralized government
[/s]

you destroy your land yourself by calling for war on Nigeria govt, so stop crying fowl. you both lost in the civil war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by EagleNest(m): 9:15am On Sep 21, 2019
Culturally Igbos are quite distinct from Hausa and Yoruba and this kind of built them to be natural survivalists. Regardless of what faced them...somehow like a rubber they find a way to bounce back. This cultural strength made them more daring and competitive. They can tell off anyone regardless of position or accomplishment in life, even to themselves.

The colonial ogas didn't find Igbos easy to conquer and dominate, due to that cultural default that abhors centralised lordship.

Nevertheless, they are imperfect too especially in managing success. It enters the head, which I think also comes naturally unless you have trained self not to, but it is not fair to rub it on others face, because it will provoke envy and hatred. Maybe it is one of the reasons Igbos have not fared well in building political relationship with the west or North

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Mrfeel: 9:25am On Sep 21, 2019
Myhusband:
[s][/s]

you destroy your land yourself by calling for war on Nigeria govt, so stop crying fowl. you both lost in the civil war

General Gowon declared war on us we only fought back in self defense, they destroyed our region, Gowon went on to divide the old eastern Region to smaller part, as South East South South , Niger Delta just to suppress us and stop us from uniting and demanding for secession a second time,
These is the true reason north and west are afraid of a igbo president, cause they know an igbo president might Chanel all the economic system of Nigeria back to the east, Onitsha was the biggest market in west Africa, but for fear of the igbos Nigeria government has refused to develop the Onitsha Seaport cause cargos might stop offloading in Lagos and Lagos will lose its economic gain to Onitsha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by OOSmilling(m): 9:27am On Sep 21, 2019
goodnessme1:

i 've been residing in aba for d past 4 years now. pls help me to beg abia state govt. to fix roads and to clear all d dirt around. i don't critisize and im not tribalistic, i no get time, my own is to make money, i don't compete with dem. cos dey always think they are right all d time. d funniest thing is abia state receive more allocation from fed. govt more than some states in d Southwest. dat guy will manage to fix road i. e faulks rd. within 6 month d road don spoil, refuse to pay salaries for more dan 8 months, health workers and lecturers inclusive. i don't speak against a plače i earn my living, abia is a Blessed state they r accomodating and nice ppl.dey r so industrious. as early as 5.30am dey don open chops in d streets.they have nice food and soup cos i too like food. dey r also religious ppl. i even get Light here pass West, even more dan most areas in lagos self. na only Rd b d problem, dey have been neglected, no presence of fed govt here, all d fed govt Rd dat link aba are in a dillapidated state. going to ph from aba will take u 4 hrs. a Journey of 45 mins if d Rd is good. I like d place and they r good ppl to me. but d problem is an average ibo man won't see any good about other places where he earn his living, dey always critisize. i used to notice dis when i dey for lag. dey should try and adjust. every tribe get good and bad sides. dey should try and speak about some good sides of other tribes. i don stay for north b4 dey have their good and bad side likewise west. B4 aba is one of d most dirtiest town ive ever visited but now there is a significant improvement in d clean up. JUST TRY AND SEE SOME GOOD SIDES OF OTHER TRIBES OR PLACES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Myhusband(m): 9:29am On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
Mrfeel:

General Gowon declared war on us we only fought back in self defense, they destroyed our region, Gowon went on to divide the old eastern Region to smaller part, as South East South South , Niger Delta just to suppress us and stop us from uniting and demanding for secession a second time,
These is the true reason north and west are afraid of a igbo president, cause they know an igbo president might Chanel all the economic system of Nigeria back to the east, Onitsha was the biggest market in west Africa, but for fear of the igbos Nigeria government has refused to develop the Onitsha Seaport cause cargos might stop offloading in Lagos and Lagos will lose its economic gain to Onitsha
[/s]

but why didn't Gej the Igbo asslick for 6yrs do the seaport. you people always crying and bitter

who cares?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2019
EricBloodAxe:
Igbos are bullies...no average kid loves bullies. Kids will feign sickness so they can avoid bullies in school, church, playground etc.
Thats why the tribes Achebe mentioned hate igbos. They look at igbos from a position of weakness while igbos approach them from a position of strength.
Especially afamed.

Cc lzaa adaibeku gmbuharii anonimi metaphysical

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by LZAA: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2019
immhotep:

Especially afamed.

Cc lzaa adaibeku gmbuharii anonimi metaphysical
Gbam

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by LZAA: 9:36am On Sep 21, 2019
Mrfeel:

Afamed and metaphysical know this and fear igbo domination grin
Cc immhotep Afonjaconehead GMBuharii gwarotango

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Inteltower: 9:42am On Sep 21, 2019
EagleNest:
Culturally Igbos are quite distinct from Hausa and Yoruba and this kind of built them to be natural survivalists. Regardless of what faced them...somehow like a rubber they find a way to bounce back. This cultural strength made them more daring and competitive. They can tell off anyone regardless of position or accomplishment in life, even to themselves.

The colonial ogas didn't find Igbos easy to conquer and dominate, due to that cultural default that abhors centralised lordship.

Nevertheless, they are imperfect too especially in managing success. It enters the head, which I think also comes naturally unless you have trained self not to, but it is not fair to rub it on others face, because it will provoke envy and hatred. Maybe it is one of the reasons Igbos have not fared well in building political relationship with the west or North

am Igbo & you are right bro

being boastful always will attract hatred, mistrust & envy towards us
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Stingman: 10:15am On Sep 21, 2019
Myhusband:
see as that crook painted his kinsmen with good colour and painted others bad. no wonder Soyinka was picked before him

so na only Igbo get talent and fit to rule ba? the one Ironsi rule led us to where we are today

the same Igbo that can't developed a common state will developed Nigeria. just visit their region and see how talented this people in governance bunch of unserious elements

or those their kinsmen scattered all over Asia prisons are displaying their talent ba

Igbo are joke of this nation because they brought themselves to that level until they see politics as a contest and not a title before they will have relevance in Nigeria

and how can others love those who feel they're the most superior on earth, the only people with wisdom that's not useful in their region

How do you mean not useful in their region? Look at these pictures. Pic 1 is a state capital in the SE and pic is a state capital in SW. Can't you see the difference?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Myhusband(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2019
Stingman:

How do you mean not useful in their region? Look at these pictures. Pic 1 is a state capital in the SE and pic is a state capital in SW. Can't you see the difference?

shut up kid. southeast is one of the underdeveloped region in Nigeria. I talk with fact not this mumu air view pics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Gudiza(m): 11:50am On Sep 21, 2019
what about the hate they receive from the rest of the world?? what causes that? Your criticism is just a pat on the back. You are born criminals and do absolutely anything for money that's so easily attracted to the underworld. Any society that wants to develop must put a check on igbos living there. When I was young, on my street were a group of people we kids knew as 'cocaine pushers'. Needless to say they were igbos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Stingman: 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
Myhusband:

shut up kid. southeast is one of the underdeveloped region in Nigeria. I talk with fact not this mumu air view pics

The fact, made in you brown roof room in Oshogbo abi? Old man...Why not travel out to show how SW is more developed. Remove Lagos from your calculation and let see, ogbeni!
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Myhusband(m): 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
Stingman:

The fact, made in you brown roof room in Oshogbo abi? Old man...Why not travel out to show how SW is more developed. Remove Lagos from your calculation and let see, ogbeni!

[/s]

your wailing and ranting didn't change my fact

so continue splitting ya thrash
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by orisa37: 12:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
Wiseandtrue:
While your brothers, Bokoharam and Fulani herdsmen love what

Terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by jude79(m): 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
mrvitalis:

Show us list of nigerian state with GDP ....the carefully removed Imo lol ...regional government go sweet die
show us the region with the least poverty rate, not the region whose gdp is backed by federal establishment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by jude79(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
Myhusband:

Apart from absence of motorable federal roads and federal infrastructure Southeast is still ahead in every aspect of development.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
They are Hard working and determined to make it wherever they are but I don’t like when some of them exploit others for greed.....
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by mercyville: 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
goodnessme1:

Lagos has always been Igboman no man´s land but it is Yorubaland to the Yoruba indigenes and they have done this by installing more than 100 Obas all over Lagos and they can deport Igbos anytime they like.

Yorubas do not have to use a whole Yoruba state to compare with the undeveloped SE Igboland because only 1 city beats the entire SE.

THIS IS IGBOLAND.... SOUTH EAST

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Amumaigwe: 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
Myhusband:
see as that crook painted his kinsmen with good colour and painted others bad. no wonder Soyinka was picked before him

so na only Igbo get talent and fit to rule ba? the one Ironsi rule led us to where we are today

the same Igbo that can't developed a common state will developed Nigeria. just visit their region and see how talented this people in governance bunch of unserious elements

or those their kinsmen scattered all over Asia prisons are displaying their talent ba

Igbo are joke of this nation because they brought themselves to that level until they see politics as a contest and not a title before they will have relevance in Nigeria

and how can others love those who feel they're the most superior on earth, the only people with wisdom that's not useful in their region

@bolded:
How come you love Hsusa/Fulanis inspite of their superior grandstanding against SW demonstrated in the Fulani Kwara conquest, the killings of Moshood & Kudirat Abiola, the humiliations of Awolowo and Oladipo Diya etc.
How come you still love and defend same people with such superiority complex. Could it be Stockholm Syndrome?
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Amumaigwe: 6:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
Myhusband:
[s][/s]

Have those states paid the arrears of salaries owed civil servants? Which infrastructure are you talking about? Someone should please update this nonentity with Ibadan city's aeriel view. You are just plain delusional.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Hate The Igbos – Chinua Achebe by Amumaigwe: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2019
Stingman:

Of course. Lagos is a no-man's-land na.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How Many Ventilators Nigeria Would Have Had If NASS Renovation Money Is Used / Obaseki Returned Unopposed As Imasuagbon Steps Aside / Meet Hon Debo Ologunagba, The Incoming Publicity Secretary Of PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.