Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,988 members, 7,810,755 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal (14128 Views)

Birmingham 2022: Adekuoroye Wins Gold In Women's Wrestling Event / Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships / Wrestling: Nigeria’s Adekuoroye Wins Silver At World Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by PureFace1(m): 12:44pm On Sep 21, 2019
A day after sealing her place at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, Commonwealth champion, Odunayo Adekuoroye won a bronze medal at the ongoing 2019 Senior World Wrestling Championships in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan. It is her third medal in the history of the competition.

After losing in the semifinal to the eventual champion, Risako Kawai of Japan, the World No. 3 in the 57 kg category outclassed Moldova’s Anastasia Nichita 10-0 via technical superiority in the bronze medal match yesterday to add to the bronze and silver medals she won in the competition in 2015 (U.S) and 2017 (France) respectively.

“As you can see, we (Nigeria) came here with five girls and a male, who hasn’t got any medal, so it was like I really needed to make my country proud,” the 25-year-old told United World Wrestling after her victory.

“I am so very happy because everyone is my fan and they have been wishing me well even before I qualified. So I am so very glad that I did not put them to shame. I’m happy.

“For my coach, Akuh Purity, I know he is proud of me now, and I am so very proud of him for training me.”

In the meantime, nine-time African champion, Blessing Oborududu (68 kg) will fight with Michelle Montague of New Zealand in the repechage today, as she eyes an Olympic ticket and a possible maiden World Championships medal. If she defeats Montague, Oborududu will face Sara Dosho of Japan for a place in the bronze medal match.

However, her namesake, Blessing Onyebuchi (76kg) was unsuccessful in her bid to land a medal as she lost to China’s Qian Zhou 12-1 in the repechage, while Aminat Adenyi (62kg) could not progress following the failure of her conqueror, Ukranian Yuliia Ostapchuk to advance to the final.

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/adekuoroye-wins-second-world-wrestling-championships-bronze-medal/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by NwaBoy: 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
grin
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by lmm4real: 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
Cool
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by PLATO1U(m): 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
We are proud of you.

Shine bright.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by nnemmpi(m): 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
Super
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by LORDKing001: 1:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by abc115: 1:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
God bless you Girl
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by bossy512(f): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
ok
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by ppreye(m): 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2019
Please somebody should tell Seun that this new font size is totally distasteful and awkward.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by JerryLegend(m): 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
They won't let this news cast o.
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Shawnnn01: 1:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
Yoruba Amaka !
Yoruba to the world.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by GGirll: 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
MFM making Nigeria great congrats dear keep it up...no tribalism no hatred...we are blacks,Africans n Nigerians.

7 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by lyriclekidd(m): 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
Nice
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by StrikeBack(m): 1:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
The new roudy rousey
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by HBB1(m): 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
This kind woman fit disgrace man o!

Make boys just dey respect themselves.

grin

10 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by henryadex(m): 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
When Nigerian's wants to to work they do it with all diligence
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by JIDECAC: 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
Good one

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by RealLordZeus(m): 1:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
ppreye:
Please somebody should tell Seun that this new font size is totally distasteful and awkward.
You are not alone! I thought it was my browser that was misbehaving

8 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by tot(f): 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
Oh wow, nice one.
We have so many talents in Nigeria but corruption won't let us shine.
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Mercy2006(f): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2019
Congrats girl.
Are you writing your IELTS test next week?
Is your center in Ibadan?
Quote me pls,I want to ask about something very important
Thank you
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by okka(m): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
That's a great achievement! Congratulations and continue shining.
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by emmybernard(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
i can't see anything clearly, my screen has many cracks, but from the comments i can assure that the wedding was awesome. and i wish the couple a happy marriage life.

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Bar1941(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
If person wan form say him be man go Bleep with this kind lady....

Na sorry the person situation go be ooo.
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
Weldone Afonja... Making us proud... those Amala and ewedu is not waste

4 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
ppreye:

Reduce your screen brightness, someone paid for the font-size
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Orissodiq: 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
grin i always love her entrance and dancing moves

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by uglodoh(f): 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
HBB1:
This kind woman fit disgrace man o!
Make boys just dey respect themselves.
grin
lol, she may be the gentle type

(1) (2) (Reply)

EA Sports Releases FIFA '23 Rankings Ahead Of Women's World Cup / My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach / Church World Cup: MFM Set To Make History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.