Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal (14135 Views)

Birmingham 2022: Adekuoroye Wins Gold In Women's Wrestling Event / Team Nigeria Leads With 21 Medals At Africa Wrestling Championships / Wrestling: Nigeria’s Adekuoroye Wins Silver At World Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Mercy2006(f): 1:39pm On Sep 21, 2019
FreelanceRebel:
Weldone Afonja... Making us proud... those Amala and ewedu is not waste
Ingrish,chai!!!
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
continue making us proud......i pray those in government remember you

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by ppreye(m): 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2019
FreelanceRebel:

Reduce your screen brightness, someone paid for the font-size

Its at the lowest
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by MobilityExpress: 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
ppreye:

Its at the lowest

Reduce the font size (or webpage text size) of your browser. grin

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by ppreye(m): 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Reduce the font size (or webpage text size) of your browser. grin

Ok
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by kingdavid09: 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
Congratulations girl,we are proud of you.
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by RemiOAjayi: 2:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
PureFace1:
A day after sealing her place at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, Commonwealth champion, Odunayo Adekuoroye won a bronze medal at the ongoing 2019 Senior World Wrestling Championships in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan. It is her third medal in the history of the competition.

After losing in the semifinal to the eventual champion, Risako Kawai of Japan, the World No. 3 in the 57 kg category outclassed Moldova’s Anastasia Nichita 10-0 via technical superiority in the bronze medal match yesterday to add to the bronze and silver medals she won in the competition in 2015 (U.S) and 2017 (France) respectively.

“As you can see, we (Nigeria) came here with five girls and a male, who hasn’t got any medal, so it was like I really needed to make my country proud,” the 25-year-old told United World Wrestling after her victory.

“I am so very happy because everyone is my fan and they have been wishing me well even before I qualified. So I am so very glad that I did not put them to shame. I’m happy.

“For my coach, Akuh Purity, I know he is proud of me now, and I am so very proud of him for training me.”

In the meantime, nine-time African champion, Blessing Oborududu (68 kg) will fight with Michelle Montague of New Zealand in the repechage today, as she eyes an Olympic ticket and a possible maiden World Championships medal. If she defeats Montague, Oborududu will face Sara Dosho of Japan for a place in the bronze medal match.

However, her namesake, Blessing Onyebuchi (76kg) was unsuccessful in her bid to land a medal as she lost to China’s Qian Zhou 12-1 in the repechage, while Aminat Adenyi (62kg) could not progress following the failure of her conqueror, Ukranian Yuliia Ostapchuk to advance to the final.

https://m.guardian.ng/sport/adekuoroye-wins-second-world-wrestling-championships-bronze-medal/

Thank u dear ! Congratulations we are proud of u

2 Likes

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Tblesd: 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
They call them cowards but they represent the country in any competition that involves physical combat. Anthony Joshua, Israel Adesanya e.t c God bless Nigeria! Amen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Exponental(m): 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
Shawnnn01:
Yoruba Amaka !
Yoruba to the world.
She's not Yoruba here, she's a Nigerian!!!
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Didi2d(m): 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2019
ppreye:
Please somebody should tell Seun that this new font size is totally distasteful and awkward.

Ehn ehn!!!
I was wondering, was up with the change

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Olubee22(f): 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ah! Mumu me! I thought it was my browser
ppreye:
Please somebody should tell Seun that this new font size is totally distasteful and awkward.

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by webngnews: 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
Oh
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Ojady(m): 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
Way to go gurl! Do yourself proud!! Anyone want to bet 3 years from now, after frustrations and nepotism by Nigerian officials she declares for another country and lives happily ever after; or they dump her for refusing to play ball, she gets injured, is forgotten and left to die in penury and wishes she nationalized for a different country
Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by Dizzyrascal(m): 3:03am On Sep 22, 2019
emmybernard:
i can't see anything clearly, my screen has many cracks, but from the comments i can assure that the wedding was awesome. and i wish the couple a happy marriage life.
o yes the wedding was really successful. Happy married life to the couple... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by LZAA: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2019
Shawnnn01:
Yoruba Amaka !
Yoruba to the world.

Re: Adekuoroye Wins Second World Wrestling Championships Bronze Medal by LZAA: 10:27am On Sep 22, 2019
Tblesd:
They call them cowards but they represent the country in any competition that involves physical combat. Anthony Joshua, Israel Adesanya e.t c God bless Nigeria! Amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Church World Cup: MFM Set To Make History / Eric Lira Charged With Peddling Drugs To Athletes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.