Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad (32008 Views)

Stuck Abroad While Mother Is Dying In Nigeria . Dark Side Of Japa / Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) / Helicopter Picks Billionaire Stuck In Traffic For 2 Hours On Lagos-Benin Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Legendguru: 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
oh
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by emecheboy2(m): 6:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
Apart from the paper reason, the rest are not serious.
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Karrate: 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
queengift:
You are right, besides people need an organized system where hard work pays, and a system that works.

I know God won't disappoint me on my migration plans. tired of Nigeria, my soul had left Nigeria already.

DAMN!!
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by orunmila144: 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
36STATES:

Well, average Nigerian believes in superstition, miracles, voodoos, supernatural forces etc.; including graduates.
Crowed mentality - many Nigerians do or believe in things because others said or did so.
No atom of critical or independent thinking - they are so shallow in their thinking because they are not grounded in critical analysis... a clear case of the poor educational system. That's why people are lynched across the country and police do extra judicial killings with no qualms.
One even accused me of being homosexual because I told him to stop being homophobic.

Many Nigerian are wicked, criminally minded, lack compassion and empathy. That's why many of them are here defending a well known sexual predator in the person of COZA pastor; who has more than 20 allegations of sexual assault on his neck.

The evil and failure of the system have conditioned average Nigerian to be very inconsiderate when dealing with others.

I can go on and on, what I am saying is that people that live in civilised societies are naturally more tolerant of others.

great points
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Arckeen: 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
queengift:
You are right, besides people need an organized system where hard work pays, and a system that works.

I know God won't disappoint me on my migration plans. tired of Nigeria, my soul had left Nigeria already.
amen, and me too bro! I’m just too tired
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by alexola20(m): 12:06am On Oct 02, 2019
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Timi1990(m): 7:23am On Oct 02, 2019
timesup234:
This topic is full of babies with infant brains. Make all of una shut up. Nigeria is bettet than every single country on earth but you blind donkeys have been brainwashed for decades by the lies of hollywood. No Nigerian living in America can claim to be happy. They all regretted moving to that shithhole. Now they are stuck because they got nothing to show for their misadventure

grin wait till you get your Dubai visa first before you say no Nigerian living in the USA is happy . Bro for you church mind you self go know say your parents Bleep up big time as dem born you for Naija. Even those Nigerians working as cleaners, house help, maid, barber, hair stylist etc won’t dare tell you they’re better off living in Nigeria; because they work hard to earn money in Europe & America and they enjoy basic amenities in return; even though it’s expensive. So No Nigerian will prefer to live in Nigeria where there’s no health care system in place, electricity, security, jobs and also stable government. My brother hustle oooooo, make you no dey see this shithole called Nigeria as better place.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by timesup234: 7:30am On Oct 02, 2019
Timi1990:

grin wait till you get your Dubai visa first before you say no Nigerian living in the USA is happy . Bro for you church mind you self go know say your parents Bleep up big time as dem born you for Naija. Even those Nigerians working as cleaners, house help, maid, barber, hair stylist etc won’t dare tell you they’re better off living in Nigeria; because they work hard to earn money in Europe & America and they enjoy basic amenities in return; even though it’s expensive. So No Nigerian will prefer to live in Nigeria where there’s no health care system in place, electricity, security, jobs and also stable government. My brother hustle oooooo, make you no dey see this shithole called Nigeria as better place.
Dundee united I cant help with your stupidity. When you get to Chicago or New York you will find out both are rat infested shithole. Your brain is too small to reason in a conscious way. Enrol in my school of thought before western media lies turn you to vegetable
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Timi1990(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2019
timesup234:
Dundee united I cant help with your stupidity. When you get to Chicago or New York you will find out both are rat infested shithole. Your brain is too small to reason in a conscious way. Enrol in my school of thought before western media lies turn you to vegetable

grin which kind yeye school of thought ? No need to insult ok ; enjoy your life in this shithole called Nigeria. Last last your pikin go still tell you say you Bleep up if you born dem for this naija .

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by bolayei: 8:08am On Oct 02, 2019
36STATES:
Your number two is so on point.
When you begin to analyse the way average Nigerian reasons, you might be forgiven for thinking you are in a mad house.

To overcome this, don't go and live in the city when you are in Nigeria. Make sure you find yourself a place in your village, a bit away from most people.
This was exactly what I did, and I enjoy Nigeria now. I moved about 400 metres away from everyone and built myself a house with a very tall fence around it. Many people only know I am around when they see my car pass.

If you have been overseas for over 19 years like me including the academic accomplishment, it is very difficult for you to find people that think like you who live in Nigeria.

Very valid point.

Nigeria itself is not the problem of a returnee, its Nigerians themselves because someone that have lived abroad for long can live a very simple life but as soon as a Nigerian trader, Uber/taxify driver find out you live abroad they try to extort you.

The mentality of an average Nigerian too is not what a returnee is used to. so how do you start a business without involving a Nigerian resident?

It is Nigeria residents that breaks ordinary civil laws like littering and making the place dirty.

Its Nigeria residents that will cross the roads even though there is pedestrian bridges.

It's Nigeria residents that won't use the walk way but walk in the middle of the road.

Its Nigeria residents that expect you to budget for them when coming back with all the wetin you bring come instead of them being a host you becoming the host.

It's Nigeria residents that vote in old clueless men that grew up in villages without civilised education or exposure.

A Nigerian abroad can start a business in Nigeria with only 2 million Naira but Nigeria residents will make it impossible to achieve with all the extortions.

I have visited Nigeria 4 times this year and this is my personal experience.

4 Likes

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by bolayei: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2019
HollySCH:
I know how it feels to move from your beloved country, for whatever the reason, and settle in another country.
I myself have moved to another country, and have spent so long here, I have got citizenship.
Awesome I thought.

But then you start thinking about friends and family you have left behind. You become disconnected, not really knowing your true citizenship.
It is a strange feeling.

Did you not have a Nigerian passport before getting citizenship?

I have lived abroad 2 decades now and have teenage kids but I still use my Nigerian passport even though I have been eligible for citizenship 15 years ago.
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2019
Ok
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by ChidiAlaigbo: 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
Viktorino:
The country is very bad oh.No deceive yourself oh.No dey beer parlor come dey feel country good.Move around and see for yourself!

For YOU!

All my tenants in Naija are still paying their rents, up to date.
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by ChidiAlaigbo: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2019
cococandy:
Go and argue with nepa abeg.

Foolish talk dey ya mouth....millions per month ko trillions per day ni....come na, ashewo you go do las las!
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by ChidiAlaigbo: 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2019
Redman44:

There are a lot of reasons why Millions of Nigerians do not love their country. The major reason is because we do not want to accept responsibility for the decisions we make. We don't want to accept the responsibility of maintaining the facilities the government has managed to put in place. The government is not perfect, but Nigeria of today is not the Nigeria of the 80's and 90's. Facilities have improved unless we want to LIE to ourselves. The system is not perfect but some things have been put in place since 1999 when the Military finally left office and handed power to the Civilians. A Country cannot be built without a willing Citizenry that will accept losing some freedoms and privileges. People have to pay tax no matter how small your business is. People must keep their environment clean and stop dumping refuse in the gutters and on the streets. People should be willing to take up any kind of job to take care of their families and stop expecting the government to give them a job. The government has been putting some structures in place that will help people access small loans to start small businesses for themselves. Banks are now giving out small loans. Development takes time and decades. First things first, Nigerians should start accepting Responsibility for their actions .

This is the solution to all our problems! I never ever say bleeped up COUNTRY ....but I always say bleeped up PEOPLE!
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by ChidiAlaigbo: 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2019
timesup234:
This topic is full of babies with infant brains. Make all of una shut up. Nigeria is bettet than every single country on earth but you blind donkeys have been brainwashed for decades by the lies of hollywood. No Nigerian living in America can claim to be happy. They all regretted moving to that shithhole. Now they are stuck because they got nothing to show for their misadventure

This is the truth for many BUT many have made it and choosing to stay especially considering their children and properties.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Babyvet: 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

This is the truth for many BUT many have made it and choosing to stay especially considering their children and properties.

Children , yes , properties no , especially in America you never really own anything.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by ChidiAlaigbo: 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2019
Timi1990:

I pity you......right from here in New Jersey. I pray they give you that visa while you are still young enough to come, see and change your mindset.

Wish you luck.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by ChidiAlaigbo: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
timesup234:

That guy is so lost. Let him come here and get his electricity and security ....real Dundee united!

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Beautyaddy: 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
Babyvet:

Children , yes , properties no , especially in America you never really own anything.

That's a very big lie!

Speak for yourself if you don't own anything after all the years you're lived in the US.
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Beautyaddy: 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

This is the solution to all our problems! I never ever say bleeped up COUNTRY ....but I always say bleeped up PEOPLE!

lol!...Isn't it the people that make up a Country.

Nigeria is not human and it cannot develop itself without humans...which are Nigerians.
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Babyvet: 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
Beautyaddy:

That's a very big lie!

Speak for yourself if you don't own anything after all the years you're lived in the US.

Be deceiving yourself , that house you buy even if it’s paid off can be taken away , don’t pay the property taxes and the house can be taken away.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Gigilis: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
I would also like to suggest that you look at www.cheapautoinsurance.com insurance companies, thank you for a wonderful article. Renowned for its outstanding service, this business provides its clients very pleasant.
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Beautyaddy: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
Babyvet:

Be deceiving yourself , that house you buy m even if paid off can be taken away , don’t pay the property taxes and it can be taken away .

See yourself...where do you buy anything for free or not pay if off to now claim that it's yours?

About the property taxes, anyone who was able to pay off a monthly mortgage should not have a problem paying a property tax that you pay only once a year and that it's not even up to the monthly mortgage you paid off.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Babyvet: 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2019
Beautyaddy:

See yourself...where do you buy anything for free or not pay if off to now claim that it's yours?

About the property taxes, anyone who was able to pay off a monthly mortgage should not have a problem paying a property tax that you pay only once a year and that it's not even up to the monthly mortgage you paid off.

Look , I’m not going to argue with you . These things are on all on internet for you to research , go and read about the U.S system and how it works. Just because I’m telling you the truth does not mean I’m suffering . I just don’t like deceiving people .

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by timesup234: 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2019
Beautyaddy:

My 10th wife take your time and respect elders or I marry the 11th
Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Beautyaddy: 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
Babyvet:

Look , I’m not going to argue with you . These things are on all on internet for you to research , go and read about the U.S system and how it works. Just because I’m telling you the truth does not mean I’m suffering . I just don’t like deceiving people .

There's nothing's in any of my responses that I've used to deceive people.

Yes, you are somewhat right about the US system not being completely free from paying of things...and one of those very important things is Taxes.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Babyvet: 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
Beautyaddy:

There's nothing's in any of my responses that I've used to deceive people.

Yes, you are somewhat right about the US system not being completely free from paying of things...and one of those very important things is Taxes.

Nigeria , is tough country no doubt but America is no paradise either . Nigeria is not the worst country in the world either. I have family members who are doing very well abroad while some others have gone home and doing far better back home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Beautyaddy: 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
Babyvet:

Nigeria , is tough country no doubt but America is no paradise either . Nigeria is not the worst country in the world either. I have family members who are doing very well abroad while some others have gone home and doing far better back home.

You're right.

People have different reasons and preferences as to why they decide to live in Nigeria or outside Nigeria...to each to his/her own.

No Country is 100 percent perfect without its positives or negatives.

At the same time I will never discourage anyone to live in any Country they so choose to want to live in.

Different people will say either positive or negative things about any Country they reside in be it Nigeria or any of the Western Countries.

But I will only advice people to take each opinions they get from people about a particular Country with a grain of salt but at the same time have that opportunity to experience it themselves.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by Timi1990(m): 6:41am On Oct 03, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

I pity you......right from here in New Jersey. I pray they give you that visa while you are still young enough to come, see and change your mindset.

Wish you luck.

You that you already have your visa, why can’t you leave Europe or America and move back to either Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Somali , Congo etc . Be honest for once ; the fact is y’all work your ass off to make money and you one way or the other enjoy good basic social amenities. Those things you enjoy either free or at high price are luxuries in Nigeria and not even available.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Reasons Why Many Are Stuck Abroad by TheEnforcer: 10:26am On Oct 03, 2019
timesup234:
My 10th wife take your time and respect elders or I marry the 11th
You don come here again this guy? You no dey use eye see overseas thread.You ll quickly jump on it with your fallacious comments.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture / Lagos State Government Shares Throwback On Molue / "Young People Who Chartered Plane Chose To Disembark With Ladder"-AeroContractor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.