Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos (46454 Views)

General Ibrahim Babangida (IBB) Supports Obasanjo Endorsement Of Peter Obi / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / Emir Sanusi Pictured With Ibrahim Babangida In Niger State(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Montracine: 9:08am On Sep 22, 2019
Former military leader, Gen. Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), on Saturday urged Igbos to ensure that Nigerians continue to feel their positive impact.

He said this was due to their tenacity in business enterprises which spans the length and breadth of the country and beyond.

Babangida made the remark in Minna, when the Igbo Delegates Assembly (IDA), from the 19 Northern states and Abuja, visited him for his recent 78th birthday.

The delegation was led by the IDA president, Chief Chikezie Okezie and the Eze Igbo of Minna, Eze Pampas Wahiwe.

“You should continue to allow your positive impacts to be felt among host ethnic nationalities in the country, as you explore business opportunities available.

“Nigerians, Igbos inclusive, should ensure they uphold the ideals of Nigeria’s founding fathers.

“An indivisible Nigeria is very necessary and we must do everything possible to remain as one family, though we differ in tribe and tongue,” he said.

He appreciated the Igbos for being very enterprising and determined to succeed by penetrating the nooks and crannies of the country for business exploits.

“You should use the same spirit of enterprise to promote peaceful co-existence among Nigerians, in all that you are doing.

“You have done well to keep Nigeria together. The Igbos are known to have the potentials of travelling far and wide, exploring new frontiers and business opportunities,” he said.

Okezie prayed to God to continue to grant IBB the strength and wisdom to offer advice that would help Nigeria in tackling its various challenges.
“As an elder statesman, your wise counsel is very much needed at this point in our national life,” he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/ibb-urges-igbos-to-make-nigeria-feel-their-positive-impact/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by JosEast(m): 9:10am On Sep 22, 2019
Hausas nko?

12 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by leofab(f): 9:12am On Sep 22, 2019
Vegetable ex president

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Mightyhaiz: 9:13am On Sep 22, 2019
In summary,... Igbo ,the sustainers of the country,amaka!

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by GraGra247(m): 9:20am On Sep 22, 2019
Please tell that to your hausa and Fulani goons that are busy slaughtering Igbos in the north without any provocation.

Hausa's and Fulani's are the greatest threat to unity in this country and they're the major reason Igbos are seeking to divide.

128 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by horsepower101: 9:20am On Sep 22, 2019
Igbos owe nobody anything. Let the true Nigerians fix their country.

Everyone is always looking for Igbos to help them out of their problem.

Igbos have their hand full. They are heading back to fix Igboland since Nigeria abandoned it. No federal presence at all.

After the civil war, they gave them only 20 pounds and refuse to reconstruct major infrastructures. They were completely abandoned.
Instead Abuja and Lagos was built up.

Igbos had no other choice but to start traveling around within and outside Nigeria to do business to survive.

Now you are calling on them to help you rebuild a failed economy and country.

197 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Nnukwueze: 9:31am On Sep 22, 2019
horsepower101:
Igbos owe nobody anything. Let the true Nigerians fix their country.

Everyone is always looking for Igbos to help them out of their problem.

Igbos have their hand full. They are heading back to fix Igboland since Nigeria abandoned it. No federal presence at all.

After the civil war, they gave them only 20 pounds and refuse to reconstruct major infrastructures. They were completely abandoned.
Instead Abuja and Lagos was built up.

Igbos had no other choice but to start traveling around within and outside Nigeria to do business to survive.

Now you are calling on them to help you rebuild a failed economy and country.

I just don't understand what these people want from us. Should Igbos start cutting their flesh for these parasites to be satisfied.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by horsepower101: 9:40am On Sep 22, 2019
Nnukwueze:

I just don't understand what these people want from us. Should Igbos start cutting their flesh for these parasites to be satisfied.

Nigerians are very Confused.

Nigerians: “ How I wish you guys will get your Biafra and leave us alone to live in peace”

Also Nigerians: “ The unity of nigeria is non-negotiable. It’s like you guys want another civil war”

Also Nigerians: “ We are one family, God brought us together”

Not minding the historical fact that it was lugard that brought us together for mere administrative Convenience.

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Stingman: 9:50am On Sep 22, 2019
horsepower101:

Nigerians: “ How I wish you guys will get your Biafra and leave us alone to leave in peace”

Also Nigerians: “ The unity of nigeria is non-negotiable. It’s like you guys want another civil war”

Not minding the historical fact that it was lugard that brought us together for mere administrative Convenience.

... adding

Also Nigerians " It will be easier for Kanu to get Biafra than an Igbo being Nigeria's president

Also Nigerians: Operation python dance loading for any mention of Biafra

Also Nigerians: Who is holding you back from getting your Biafra?

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by horsepower101: 9:51am On Sep 22, 2019
Stingman:

... adding

Also Nigerians " It will be easier for Kanu to get Biafra than an Igbo being Nigeria's president

Also Nigerians: Operation python dance loading for any mention of Biafra

Also Nigerians: Who is holding you back from getting your Biafra?

Bunch of hypocrites and confused fools...lol

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 22, 2019
Nigeria population is about 200million, and this just one man opinion...not my business

5 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Blizzy9ja: 10:06am On Sep 22, 2019
There is something fundamentally wrong with our unity, it is forced and it can never stand the test of time

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Ikecna94: 10:58am On Sep 22, 2019
Thunder and hell fire fire IBB for this useless talk. Onye Ara. It's like these people intentionally act ignorance of the lack of unity in that shithole. Tunder fire anybody that suggest one Niggeria to any igbo and may tunder equally fire any one Niggeria Igbo that intentionally sabotaging our efforts to leave that shithole

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by BlackfireX: 11:07am On Sep 22, 2019
Igbo Erika

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Nigeria2040: 11:49am On Sep 22, 2019
Igbos should sustained unity while your blood thirsty, cow dung brain brothers keep rulling over the intellectuals and slaughter other ethnic group at will. Usman Dan Fudio should come and carry his people to Sudan where they came from

15 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 22, 2019
Go to hell sir

15 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by BlackfireX: 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2019
One Nigeria..... For ever
Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Nnukwueze: 1:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
horsepower101:

Nigerians: “ How I wish you guys will get your Biafra and leave us alone to live in peace”

Igbo land existed before one European decided to come and join oil and water (which can never mix). We want a separate existence. We are too different racially, in language, culture, heritage etc.

I still don't understand why we don't like ourselves in this contraption yet we cannot just decide once and for all to separate permanently. How can a person be fighting tooth and nail to stay with something or someone you don't like? ( This must be a psychological affliction).

All I care about is Igbo heritage, Igbo blood and Igbo soil.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by OPONG: 3:31pm On Sep 22, 2019
Another Igbo thread
grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by SLAP44: 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2019
He should first negotiate with the great Nnamdi.

It's only Nnamdi we can listen to.

15 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by omenka(m): 4:12pm On Sep 22, 2019
Nnukwueze:

You guys are just too notorious for throwing insults at everyone different from you.

Let me ask you a question. Personally, what exactly have you contributed to making Nigeria a better country?

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Nnukwueze: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2019
omenka:
You guys are just too notorious for throwing insults at everyone different from you.

Let me ask you a question. Personally, what exactly have you contributed to making Nigeria a better country?

Nigeria is not my country so why should I contribute to it? What have you yourself contributed to zoogeria?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by omenka(m): 5:26pm On Sep 22, 2019
Nnukwueze:

Nigeria is not my country so why should I contribute to it? What have you yourself contributed to zoogeria?
Then you must be pretty idle to get so worked up over the issues of a country to which you dont belong.

Who does that?

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Nnukwueze: 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2019
omenka:
Then you must be pretty idle to get so worked up over the issues of a country to which you dont belong.

Who does that?

Your zoo is currently illegally occupying my homeland (that is my concern and business). If only your life was productive you wouldn't be everywhere butting into the affairs of other ethnic groups. The last time I checked I was talking to a fellow Igbo and not to you. It is very fulfilling to mind your business, you should try it sometimes.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by omenka(m): 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2019
Nnukwueze:

Your zoo is currently illegally occupying my homeland (that is my concern and business). If only your life was productive you wouldn't be everywhere butting into the affairs of other ethnic groups. The last time I checked I was talking to a fellow Igbo and not to you. It is very fulfilling to mind your business, you should try it sometimes.
What have you EVER DONE to make your *homeland* better?

Oh, I forgot, you said a zoo is occupying your homeland, which means you are bound to a cage in the zoo therefore cant do NOTHING.

Pele. It shall be well with you.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by eagleu: 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2019
Igbos survived Babangida's victimization, they too will survive Buhari!
Iseeeee hhh!

25 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by tamonokare: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
T
Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by naijadrivablog: 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2019

Ken Saro-Wiwa watching from his grave...

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Auxtin85(m): 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2019
F
Re: Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos by OreMI22: 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2019
Igbos are the last people to leave Nigeria if Nigeria were made a level playing field and accommodating for everyone.

To be fair, IBB was a more patriotic nationalist than the jihadist impostor occupying Aso Rock today pretending to be Buhari.

The "concern" about the continued unity of Nigeria without even greater "concern" on the skewed federation forced on us today where only Fulani tribe dominates every aspect of governance, security and the economy should worry any patriotic citizen that wants Nigeria to survive.

Therefore, IBB should call on Buhari and people like him in Aso rock to stop pushing Nigeria to the precipice of war or disintegration by pursuing sectional interests such as RUGA and lopsided development of the country.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of Developmental Strides In Akwa Ibom State / Jonathan Reconciles With Obasanjo And Amaechi At Council Of State Meeting / Ahmed Mu’azu Is INEC Acting Chairman As Mahmood Yakubu Bows Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.