Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Osinbajo More Powerful Than Buhari’s Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari –Tony Momoh - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo More Powerful Than Buhari’s Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari –Tony Momoh (25366 Views)

Why Late Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Had Issues With Me Till Death – Adesina / Osinbajo: More Than 4 Million MSMEs Have Benefitted From ₦150bn FG Schemes / Court Asked To Sack Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Abba Kyari, Boss Mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Osinbajo More Powerful Than Buhari’s Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari –Tony Momoh by Lordave: 3:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
emkz:
When did Chief of Staff become an issue in our polity? I don't even remember Obasanjo's Chief of Staff or Yar'adua's. I remember Jonathan's, Ogiadomhe; who had to be removed when he was feeling too powerful.

I think the problem is Abba Kyari is too visible, and the President trusts him. He may be in the know of state secrets unknown to the Vice President. But I don't think he is as powerful as the media wants to make it seem. He is still there because he seems to protect the interest of the President and those closer to him. The real powers behind the throne are Issa Funtua and that Buhari's cousin, I don't remember his name. Those are the real problems, Abba Kyari is the one we see all the time.
Mamman Daura
Re: Osinbajo More Powerful Than Buhari’s Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari –Tony Momoh by Jollylolly(f): 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2019
Osinbanjo, NEMA, N5.8bn and the IDP intervention
Apart from the fact that Prof. Osinbajo is a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, the Vice President, as the whole world knows is a Professor of Law. So, if anybody should know what the constitution stipulates as the roles and powers of a VP, it would be him.

The House of Representatives Committee on Emergency and Disaster Preparedness had in Nov 2018 invited the VP to clear the air as regards the N5.8 billion North East Intervention Fund which was disbursed to prevent the imminent catastrophe of famine that was already beginning to ravage IDP camps in the Northeastern states. The lawmakers had alleged mismanagement of the said funds by the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA).

One need not forget the fact that at the time, there were thousands of internally displaced persons nursing some ailments and even dying due to lack of food and water. The only way to solve the problem was for FG to intervene. With the president absent from the country, the Vice president acted in that capacity. As it was an emergency situation an urgent call was needed to be made to save those lives without any bureaucratic bottleneck. Of note was that at the time, the national budget was still in the national assembly waiting for passage even after several months of submission.

The acting president summoned an emergency meeting with the NEMA boss, the companies that will supply the foods and other consumable items (WACOT ltd, BUA rice, Dangote group, Olam,Golden Agric input ltd and 3Brothers ltd), finance minister, the CBN Governor, the EFCC boss, office of the accountant general of the federation and the then Agric minister to brainstorm on how to save precious Nigerian lives.

The outcome of the meeting led to the situation whereby the funds were credited directly to the individual accounts of the companies for the commencement of the provision of emergency food intervention in the North-eastern IDPs camps across the states.

Finally, The Presidency issued a public statement stipulating that the money approved for use in the dire emergency in his capacity as the Acting President, was sourced from the Rice Levy which had already been appropriated in that year’s budget

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Labour Suspends Planned Strike As Talks Continue Today / Adanma Okpara Dies At 96 (Pictures) / I Am Willing, Ready To Support PDP’ — Jonathan Backs Atiku/Okowa ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.