Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians (2243 Views)

President Buhari: I Am Expecting Nigerians To Say 'this Man Has Done His Best' / Reno Omokri To FFK: I will very much hate to be your Friend and brother / Aisha Yesufu: My Husband Didn’t Kneel To Propose. I Told Him I Hate House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by FSU: 10:56am On Sep 23, 2019
In the US and other advanced societies, engaging in protests is part of the civic tools at the disposal of citizens. In fact, to become a US citizen, a question on the right to protest is among the 100 questions you get asked. With Nigeria, I hate to say this, the Yoruba are the most civilly responsible Nigerians. They protest what they feel in their mind is wrong. Other ethnic groups mostly join in after the fact, or don't bother at all to protest. In some cases, such protests may be negative, such as the criminal looting of Shoprite stores in the SW following the xenophobia events in SA mostly by Yoruba elements, but also some Igbo and northerners.

The screenshot below from Reno Omokri is a clear evidence of that. See what Nigerians led by the Yoruba did to GEJ. They (mostly young and educated folks) protested relentlessly on the streets of SW, not just in Lagos, for less harsh GEJ policies. Since then, Buhari has done worse than GEJ, as represented by those things listed in the photo, but no one is out there protesting. Of course, the SW cannot protest now since their son, Osinbajo, is involved. Still, nothing stops anyone else from protesting Buhari's incompetence.

In contrast to the Yoruba, the Igbo are arguably less civilly responsible. We care less about protesting for our rights. That is why our governors and leaders are highly irresponsible and incompetent tin gods strutting about like peacocks, with nobody putting them in check. As we speak, Billionaire Arthur Eze is seriously intimidating a local community (Abba, Njikoka LGA) in Anambra with his money and the police over land dispute. Abba is where world renowned author Chimamanda Adichie comes from. She is writing about it online but not protesting formally. I guess writing can also be a form of protest. However, to my knowledge, no one in her town is on the streets protesting Arthur's villainous incursion.

Apart from the fight for Biafra via Ojukwu, IPOB, and MASSOB, which bother on the more serious national issue of citizenship, the last time Igbos led a major protest was during the Aba women's right in 1929. Lol. Don't get me wrong, like the 1929 riots, Igbo women do protest now and then, such as when Fulani herdsmen strike in their communities. Oby Ezekwesili is a strong Igbo wo man protesting all forms of injustice by our leaders.

So, my question is this: why are Igbo men (young and educated) seemingly averse to protesting bad national and state economic policies that ordinarily affect them? Even, the IPOB struggle is led on the streets mostly by Ill-educated folks. Of course, their leader, Kanu, is the chief protester and he is educated; but he seems to be the only informed person among them.

Please don't start calling me "Afonja". For those who don't know me, please check my profile and my posts to see who I am: a "conc" Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by SLAP44: 10:58am On Sep 23, 2019
You are too ashamed to admit that you are yoruba. Stop confusing yourself.

Let me lecture you a little about yoruba civility.

Was it not in our front here that Awolowo and Akintola very nearly burnt down the whole of yorubaland while being very civil, and when Igbo officers removed the leadership that were taking sides by supporting Akintola and throwing Awolowo into prison like a common criminal, the uncivil action of Igbo and Yoruba officers led to the civil war.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by agwom(m): 11:02am On Sep 23, 2019
Yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 23, 2019
As far as Sowore is in prison....is okay and fine.
He can come and protest again or hire Adeyanju to join him...

To be more civilly...He can protest from prison .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2019
FSU:
In the US and other advanced societies, engaging in protests is part of the civil tools at the disposal of citizens. In fact, to become a US citizen, a question on the right to protest is among the 100 questions you get asked. With Nigeria, I hate to say this, the Yoruba are the most civilly responsible Nigerians. They protest what they feel in their mind is wrong. Other ethnic groups mostly join in after the fact, or don't bother at all to protest. In some cases, such protests may be negative, such as the looting of Shoprite stores in the SW following the xenophobia events in SA mostly by Yoruba elements, but also some Igbo and northerners.

The screenshot below from Reno Omokri is a clear evidence of that. See what Nigerians led by the Yoruba did to GEJ. They (mostly young and educated folks) protested relentlessly on the streets of SW, not just in Lagos for less serious GEJ policies. Since then, Buhari has done worse than GEJ represented by those things listed, but no one is out there protesting. Of course, the SW cannot protest now since their son, Osinbajo, is involved. Still, nothing stops anyone else from protesting Buhari's incompetence.

In contrast to the Yoruba, the Igbo are arguably less civilly responsible. We care less about protesting for our rights. That is why our governors are highly irresponsible and incompetent tin gods strutting about like peacocks, with nobody putting them in check. As we speak, Billionaire Arthur Eze is seriously intimidating a local community (Abba, Njikoka LGA) in Anambra with his money and the police over land dispute. Abba is where world renowned author Chimamanda Adichie comes from. She is writing about it online but not protesting formally. I guess writing can also be a form of protest. However, to my knowledge, no one in her town is on the streets protesting Arthur's villainous incursion.

Apart from the fight for Biafra via Ojukwu, IPOB, and MASSOB, which bother on the more serious national issue of citizenship, the last time Igbos led a major protest was during the Aba women's right in 1929. Lol. Don't get me wrong, like the 1929 riots, Igbo women do protest now and then, such as when Fulani herdsmen strike in their communities Lol

So, my question is this: why are Igbo men (young and educated) seemingly averse to protesting bad national and state economic policies that ordinarily affect them? Even, the IPOB struggle is led on the streets mostly by Ill-educated folks. Of course, their leader Kanu is the chief protester and he is educated but he seems to be the only informed person among them.

Please don't start calling me "Afonja". For those who don't know me, please check my profile and my posts to see who I am: a "conc" Igbo man.

Enugu and Ebonyi state have been constituting nuisance on nairaland for over a long time now.

They create a thread and call it Ndigbo will do this and that...

Another one...Igbos are this and that..

Now look at another one...

Why can't you go and protest or is ur leg heavy to come out...

What concerns you with Abba town or how is that your business.

Are you done with the whole Issues of herdsmen in Enugu that anambra is now your focus...

Ndi Ara.

3 Likes

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Ereolamide: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2019
Yorubas are the truly boogeyman of Nigeria political sphere.

We talk, problem.
We don't more problems.

Let Yorubas alone to bear their cross, whatever consequences result from their actions, don't cry more than the bereaved. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by FSU: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2019
SLAP44:
You are too ashamed to admit that you are yoruba. Stop confusing yourself.

Here they go. Bunch of half-baked brothers. A little research into my background would have helped. My Igbo people hate opposing views. That is why we put all of our political eggs in one basket (PDP) and that is why we hate the few Igbos in APC. Such stupid mentality is part of why we are fast becoming political minorities. Again, before you start shooting off, research my background here on Nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 23, 2019
Ereolamide:
Yorubas are the truly boogeyman of Nigeria political sphere.

We talk, problem.
We don't more problems.

Let Yorubas alone to bear their cross, whatever consequences result from their actions, don't cry more than the bereaved. undecided

If yorubas are Boogeyman in politics then igbos are the Baba yaga in same politics.

Case closed.

4 Likes

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Ereolamide: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2019
MelesZenawi:

If yorubas are Boogeyman in politics then igbos are the Baba yaga in same politics.

Casa closed.

Whatever. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by FSU: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Enugu and Ebonyi state have been constituting nuisance on nairaland for over a long time now.

Are you done with the whole Issues of herdsmen in Enugu that anambra is now your focus...

Ndi Ara.

For you it's always Anambra. Local bush hunter.

4 Likes

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by meccuno: 11:20am On Sep 23, 2019
[s]
FSU:
In the US and other advanced societies, engaging in protests is part of the civic tools at the disposal of citizens. In fact, to become a US citizen, a question on the right to protest is among the 100 questions you get asked. With Nigeria, I hate to say this, the Yoruba are the most civilly responsible Nigerians. They protest what they feel in their mind is wrong. Other ethnic groups mostly join in after the fact, or don't bother at all to protest. In some cases, such protests may be negative, such as the looting of Shoprite stores in the SW following the xenophobia events in SA mostly by Yoruba elements, but also some Igbo and northerners.

The screenshot below from Reno Omokri is a clear evidence of that. See what Nigerians led by the Yoruba did to GEJ. They (mostly young and educated folks) protested relentlessly on the streets of SW, not just in Lagos for less serious GEJ policies. Since then, Buhari has done worse than GEJ, as represented by those things listed in the photo, but no one is out there protesting. Of course, the SW cannot protest now since their son, Osinbajo, is involved. Still, nothing stops anyone else from protesting Buhari's incompetence.

In contrast to the Yoruba, the Igbo are arguably less civilly responsible. We care less about protesting for our rights. That is why our governors are highly irresponsible and incompetent tin gods strutting about like peacocks, with nobody putting them in check. As we speak, Billionaire Arthur Eze is seriously intimidating a local community (Abba, Njikoka LGA) in Anambra with his money and the police over land dispute. Abba is where world renowned author Chimamanda Adichie comes from. She is writing about it online but not protesting formally. I guess writing can also be a form of protest. However, to my knowledge, no one in her town is on the streets protesting Arthur's villainous incursion.

Apart from the fight for Biafra via Ojukwu, IPOB, and MASSOB, which bother on the more serious national issue of citizenship, the last time Igbos led a major protest was during the Aba women's right in 1929. Lol. Don't get me wrong, like the 1929 riots, Igbo women do protest now and then, such as when Fulani herdsmen strike in their communities Lol

So, my question is this: why are Igbo men (young and educated) seemingly averse to protesting bad national and state economic policies that ordinarily affect them? Even, the IPOB struggle is led on the streets mostly by Ill-educated folks. Of course, their leader Kanu is the chief protester and he is educated but he seems to be the only informed person among them.

[/s]

6 Likes

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by FSU: 11:24am On Sep 23, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Ndi Ara

There is no documented history that Nsukka/Wawa are igbos, they are pure Igala People and of Igala stock.

Next time, mind your business.

You don't know the road to Abba town to talk of Abba, dunukofia or abagana..

Concern yourself with herdsmen activities in Enugu and how your women are been married off to them even without bride price.

Your house is on fire, u are here to quench a house that is not even thinking of catching fire.

Ndi uchu.
If I tell you where I am from in Alaigbo, it will shock you. Keep behaving like a village tout.
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by FSU: 11:28am On Sep 23, 2019
It's people like these that claim Joe Igbokwe is no longer an Igbo from Anambra. Just because he has a different viewpoint.

2 Likes

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by helinues: 11:29am On Sep 23, 2019
@ op let me ask you a simple question. Is GEJ a good thing to a nation?
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by LLobiorah: 11:29am On Sep 23, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Ndi Ara.

If you don't bring in Ebonyi and Enugu into your posts, You won't have peace of mind.

Directionless oaf.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by gidgiddy: 11:30am On Sep 23, 2019
FSU:
In the US and other advanced societies, engaging in protests is part of the civic tools at the disposal of citizens. In fact, to become a US citizen, a question on the right to protest is among the 100 questions you get asked. With Nigeria, I hate to say this, the Yoruba are the most civilly responsible Nigerians. They protest what they feel in their mind is wrong. Other ethnic groups mostly join in after the fact, or don't bother at all to protest. In some cases, such protests may be negative, such as the criminal looting of Shoprite stores in the SW following the xenophobia events in SA mostly by Yoruba elements, but also some Igbo and northerners.

The screenshot below from Reno Omokri is a clear evidence of that. See what Nigerians led by the Yoruba did to GEJ. They (mostly young and educated folks) protested relentlessly on the streets of SW, not just in Lagos for less serious GEJ policies. Since then, Buhari has done worse than GEJ, as represented by those things listed in the photo, but no one is out there protesting. Of course, the SW cannot protest now since their son, Osinbajo, is involved. Still, nothing stops anyone else from protesting Buhari's incompetence.

Everybody has his own agitation. Why would Igbos be protesting against Buhari? Most Igbos dont feel they have any stake in Nigeria and would rather join IPOB protest. As an Igbo man who has long lost faith in Nigeria, why would I be protesting for a better Nigeria? Makes far more sense to protest for a movement that is agitating to leave Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by FSU: 11:30am On Sep 23, 2019
LLobiorah:

If you don't bring in Ebonyi and Enugu into your posts, You won't have peace of mind.

Directionless oaf.

He is a lost cause. Totally irredeemable
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by LLobiorah: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2019
FSU:

He is a lost cause. Totally irredeemable

Exactly.
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by FSU: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2019
gidgiddy:

Everybody has his own agitation. Why would Igbos be protesting against Buhari? Most Igbos dont feel they have any stake in Nigeria and would rather join IPOB protest. As an Igbo man who has long lost faith in Nigeria, why would I be protesting for a better Nigeria? Makes far more sense to protest for a movement that is agitating to leave Nigeria

Valid points you made. But my observation is historical. We also did not protest, or barely did so, during GEJ's time.
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 23, 2019
FSU:

If I tell you where I am from in Alaigbo, it will shock you. Keep behaving like a village tout.

Shock them not me.

I have advised you on what to do. Nobody needs your mercy.

Keep your house in order before helping others.
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 23, 2019
FSU:
It's people like these that claim Joe Igbokwe is no longer an Igbo from Anambra. Just because he has a different viewpoint.

You are not Igbokwe...

So face and move front.

Automatically Abba and protest is now your concern.

What concerns with Abba and he will say Alaigbo.

Charity begins at home.
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by FSU: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You are not Igbokwe...

So face and move front.

Automatically Abba and protest is now your concern.

What concerns with Abba and he will say Alaigbo.

Charity begins at home.

Of the long epistle I wrote the only thing of interest to you is ABBA. You are totally finished.
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2019
FSU:

Of the long epistle I wrote the only thing of interest to you is ABBA. You are totally finished.

As you remain unfinished, go and salvage your state before looking for whom to help.

Azigbakwa.
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Nnukwueze: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Ndi Ara.

Go and die somewhere anuofia.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Smoke55: 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Ndi Ara.
seriously Common Sense Is Not Common! Beeing Intelligent Doesn't Really Determine Wisdom...

4 Likes

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nnukwueze:

Go and die somewhere anuofia.

Una need salvation not poke nosing all the time.
You can't marry off your women to herdsmen and come here to advise others.
Mbanu.
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
Smoke55:
seriously Common Sense Is Not Common! Beeing Intelligent Doesn't Really Determine Wisdom...

Take my advice and leave the rest.
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Mrfeel: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
So yorubas can not protest against Buharis administration cause the VP is their son? How about the northerners they are the poorest in this country placing Nigeria on number 2 poverty would ranking, but an afonja is more concerned about about igbos protesting, we have been fighting for biafra since 60s why should we die for Nigeria when they killed 3 million of our people for wanting to separate from it?

7 Likes

Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by FSU: 12:53pm On Sep 23, 2019
Mrfeel:
So yorubas can not protest against Buharis administration cause the VP is their son? How about the northerners they are the poorest in this country placing Nigeria on number 2 poverty would ranking, but an afonja is more concerned about about igbos protesting, we have been fighting for biafra since 60s why should we die for Nigeria when they killed 3 million of our people for wanting to separate from it?

That has been discussed. Read again.
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Smoke55: 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Take my advice and leave the rest.
how Can I Take Your Advice When You Are Well Known As A Brainless Nitwit? Sorry I Cant Take Your Advice Because Nothing Good Come From Zombies!!
Re: I Hate To Say This, But The Yoruba Are The Most Civilly Responsible Nigerians by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2019
Smoke55:
how Can I Take Your Advice When You Are Well Known As A Brainless Nitwit? Sorry I Cant Take Your Advice Because Nothing Good Come From Zombies!!

Am just reading that your governor just approved Ruga

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth About Dangote Refinery Workforce In Lagos - Almost All Are Indians / #EndSARS Graffiti Wall: Read and also post yours! / Actor Kanayo O Kanayo Being Celebrated As The First Lawyer In His Community-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.