Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians (35565 Views)

Govt Considers To Ban Truecaller Over Breach Of Privacy Rights Of Nigerians / Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy / How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by pacespot(m): 1:35am On Sep 24, 2019
Lagbaja01:
My best app....80% reliable...before I transact any business with a stranger....I first check up his contact on that app grin

Sorry, how does the app work? Can you check up the contact of the person who doesn't use the app on it?
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by pacespot(m): 1:40am On Sep 24, 2019
Londonboyrep:

Yes please long overdue. This is app is ridiculous and truly a breach of privacy. The app actually saves your name as what majority of others have saved your name as. I once checked my number on the app and saw my name saved a derogatory sexually explicit name that some of my friends call me as a joke. Funny right? Until I lost a business deal just because someone I was trying to do business with was convinced I lied about my name just because truecaller says I'm called something else! I can understand if it pulls the data from the owner of the number but it doesn't and this, in my view, is the main flaw with this app. Why should someone choose to make my name and number available to everyone especially without my permission? Disgrace of an app!

Sorry, if someone check your number on the app and you don't use the app, does it display your name and your location to the person?
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by yom2(m): 2:17am On Sep 24, 2019
Piloeternity:
As in ehn this truecaller app I stopped using it a long time ago when I read their terms and conditions. Of which most Nigerian don't bother reading
. It works just like most other app that makes use of ur info
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Kaybaba5(m): 5:56am On Sep 24, 2019
pacespot:

Sorry, if someone check your number on the app and you don't use the app, does it display your name and your location to the person?

No it doesn't display your location
But if someone has saved it number on his phone and he is using true caller the name the person used to save your number will appear.

1 Like

Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by JennyJohnson(f): 8:45am On Sep 24, 2019
Tuoyofelix:
More important issues are on ground to intervene in but no, They only speak when it suits them. This country deserves to be sold

Pls let's arrange for auction to the highest bidder
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by Zener45: 9:01am On Sep 24, 2019
Haaaa, I can now see the reason why my true caller app crash yesterday

Naaa waaaaaa oooooooo
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by mercyviv(f): 11:28am On Sep 24, 2019
FG should stop the wild goose chase; what happened to people who knew beforehand what does and still decides to use it?! True caller will not access your private contents UNLESS you submit to allow it to do so first. FG sounds like a disgruntled mother crying wolf over a consensual s*x with her adult daughter. Besides, play store hasn't flagged it as a malicious app yet, so...well, this will only happen when there's misplaced priorities!
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by lomprico(m): 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2019
Contumely:

Who told you the name changes if registered by the owner with a different name?

try it
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by sunnedee2: 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2019
femi4:
you are missing. ...it identifies scammers even before you pick the calls as well as those annoying spam SMS and calls from airtel

I am not missing anything bro.
Most scams are facilitated by greediness.
I am not greedy.
Besides, that person that wants to scam me will try gan oo

As for Airtel, I don't use their network
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by femi4: 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2019
sunnedee2:

I am not missing anything bro.
Most scams are facilitated by greediness.
I am not greedy.
Besides, that person that wants to scam me will try gan oo

As for Airtel, I don't use their network
you are exposing your ignorance with your comments
Re: FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians by sunnedee2: 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2019
femi4:
you are exposing your ignorance with your comments
I am sorry to say you are the one exposing your absolute ignorance here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Data Resellers At Loss As Our ISP Providers Now Offers Better Data Plans / 4 Million Iphone 6/6+ Phones Sold In 24 Hours / Unboxing The Gionee F103pro (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.