Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,515 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. (8946 Views)

Governor Wike Lifts Over 2-Month-Old Curfew In Rivers State / Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman / US Embassy Reacts To The Suspension And Replacement Of Chief Justice Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by Flashyoil1(f): 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has directed the Governing Council of the Rivers State University to continue with the suspended employment exercise for academic and non academic staff.

Commissioning the Rivers State University Students Union Building on Monday at the school premises, Governor Wike said that he was compelled to suspend the exercise because of the negative issues that bedevilled it.

He said: "I suspended the process for the employment exercise due to the issues that emanated from it. The committee that I set up to investigate the process has turned in its report.

"I am satisfied with the report of the committee. Therefore, I have informed the Pro-Chancellor to go ahead with the employment exercise ".

Governor Wike said unlike other leaders, he has never interfered with admission and employment processes of any institution in the state. He said his transparent approach to administration gives him the moral power to discipline erring officials.

The Governor approved the construction of an ultra-modern Senate Building for the Rivers State University. He said that if the Pro-Chancellor and Acting Vice Chancellor make the design available on time, the building would be completed by the first anniversary of his second term.

He called on the Students Union Leadership to use the new facility to fight cultism, harrassment of female students and examination malpractices.

Governor Wike urged the Acting Vice Chancellor to be firm and ensure that the University continues to move forward.

Pro-Chancellor of the Rivers State University, Justice Iche Ndu said the completion of the Students Unions Building is the sixth major project completed by Governor Wike in the institution.

He assured the Rivers State Governor that the Governing Council and Management of the institution will work towards making the State University, a world class institution.

The Pro-Chancellor appealed to students to use the new building to fight vices. He said that the University should be a centre of learning.

Acting Vice Chancellor of the University, Professor Opuenebo described the delivery of fbe building as a milestone in the annals of students unionism.

She said: "This is a milestone in the annals of students unionism. It gives the students a sense of belonging as major stakeholders ".

Also speaking, the Permanent Secretary of Bureau of Special Projects, Mr Sunday Okere said the magnificent building was constructed and equipped by Governor Wike.

President of the Students Union Government of the Rivers State University, Comrade Precious Pepple said that Rivers people re-elected Governor Wike because they want him to execute more projects for them.

Highpoint of the occasion was the presentation of an Appreciation Award to the Rivers State Governor by President National Union of Rivers State Students, NURSS, Comrade Patrick Ogbuehi.

Read more here https://thickmatch.com/governor-wike-lifts-suspension-employment-exercise-rivers-state-university/

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by myfan: 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by simonlee(m): 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
As for first class' graduates of RSUT who now think they'll get automatic employment without connection.... grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by Iyajelili(f): 10:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
Bring back the old nairaland theme, this one is messing with my eyes abeg

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by multibalotel: 10:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
This new font is dope... i like it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by Lamasta(m): 10:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
Hope the university will now employ without restriction now?
Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by roqrules04(m): 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nairaland has been trending on Twitter today and all of a sudden an Upgrade on the forum grin

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by librangyps(f): 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
God bless social media
Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by solmusdesigns: 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
cool

cash and carry employment, enter with your 350k no change

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by SKINDOGGY: 10:19pm On Sep 23, 2019
Dis new theme fonts by seun no mk sense at all d tin wan burn pesin eeh abeg liv am as e dy b4

5 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by Yusfunoble(m): 10:19pm On Sep 23, 2019
multibalotel:

Are you kidneying me

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by NaijaWebDesign(m): 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
grin
Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by Crazeworld(m): 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
Okay
Meanwhile, I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature
Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by hisexcellency34: 10:21pm On Sep 23, 2019
Nairaland should revert to the old format

2 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by nwimo22(m): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
Iyajelili:
Bring back the old nairaland theme, this one is messing with my eyes abeg
Was thinking is the best. I like it tho
Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by PotatoSalad(m): 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
Dem don barb nairaland grin
No strand of hair again

11 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by nwimo22(m): 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
multibalotel:
I swear

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by ShakaZullu(m): 10:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
cool

cash and carry employment, enter with your 350k no change

[/s]
trash
Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by helinues: 10:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
After initial gra gra
Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by 1Poposki1(m): 10:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
Mood

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by Abeos(m): 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2019
roqrules04:
Nairaland has been trending on Twitter today and all of a sudden an Upgrade on the forum grin

Exactly my thought. More work need to be done to improve the sites.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by iReddington: 10:42pm On Sep 23, 2019
This is not the kind of upgrade we need on NL, the font dey pain for eye abeg!

6 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by Lordjb: 10:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
Okay, I think Nairaland is doing an overhaul grin
Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by Lordjb: 10:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
iReddington:
This is not the kind of upgrade we need on NL, the font dey pain for eye abeg!
the thing weak me oh grin but I like the font grin
Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by mechanics(m): 10:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
Wow, a blessing in disguise for that fellow who graduated with first class.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
Rubbish

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by iReddington: 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Lordjb:
the thing weak me oh grin but I like the font grin
You mean, you like this kind font wey dey pain for eye

3 Likes

Re: Governor Wike Lifts The Suspension On The Employment Exercise In Rivers Uni. by Sirnioking(m): 10:52pm On Sep 23, 2019
The upgrade has made Nairaland to look like a bleached albino!!!! I sincerely hate it!.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo APC Crisis: NWC Constitutes Facts-Finding/Reconciliation Committee / VAT: FG Rakes In ₦24.8 Billion From Bank Customers / Anambra Election: Tribunal Relocates To Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.