Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,420 members, 7,861,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:03 AM

Osinbajo Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Saga (469 Views)

Nigerian Police Force Clears The Air On The Offa Robbery Saga With Sen. Saraki / Adeosun NYSC Certificate Saga: Presidency Orders Probe Of Alleged Scandal.. / Osinbajo: The Only Reason I Would Resign, I Didn’t Beg To Be VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Saga by masseratti: 1:42am On Sep 24, 2019
Sorry to disappoint you, I don't know where you belong and I actually don't give a f..... K.
The truth is this man have made the best decision when he was in charge, now what let to this flurry of topics, headlines, opinions, news, theories about the VP.... The Presidency head by Muhammad Buhari decided to change the way things works and we all freaking about it? He started with all ministers no matter how close you are to me must go through my chief of staffs, the media went agog, now the economic management team scraped and replaced with economic advisory reporting to the president directly, theories have been formulated... Can we ask how selves... What the hell was the EMT managing, the affairs of the Nigerian economy when the bucks ends on the president table? How can you manage an economy when the bulk of it comes from a portfolio that your boss is in charge as the oil minister oil... 75%

To the embezzlement issues about Nema... The journalists writing craps in the media should go and get a copy of the Nigerian constitution, a president/acting has the powers to grant funds for emergency reliefs.... The amount is not stated in the constitution, he has powers to declare wars, he has powers to declare state of emergencies... What the constitution says is that he still has to revert back to to national assembly for approval under a stipulated number of days... Those who want to fall Osinbajo... Which I know is not from the villa, are just out of their faculty they need something better.. The man never wanted to be a veepee.. So get your game right and stop fighting shadows... Enough said let's take up another topic please... No matter who or what the cabal is, are they stronger than Abacha cabal? Yar'Adua Cabal? Where are those men now, point is we all always survive the "cabal".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Saga by MetaPhysical: 4:31am On Sep 24, 2019
I believe you brushed the surface and rubbished people's opposition to the issue out of lack of understanding.

I will break it down for you in case no one has.
1. Economic Management Team was supervised by VP and gives periodic report to the President before each FEC meeting. The imperatives of economic agenda and policies are tasked to the EMT through Office of VP. So you can see there is a two-way exchange, first they take an action item for task, they bring it back in a report and recommendation. This is for the nation, not for LG or State...but for the Sovereingty.

The President discussed his intention to scrap it with Kyari but never with VP, the man who oversees the function and staff of EMT. The VP learnt through a memo that EMT is no longer needed. That's an insult and show of mistrust for the office of his deputy. If he has lost trust in his deputy he is likely to divert govt business and responsibilities away from the VP and delegate it elsewhere. Hence the redirection of Ministers to come through Kyari to see him. That was not the only act done. He also instructed the AGF Malami to supervise SPIP which was taken from Obono Obla. In addition, Malami instructed all Ministers that they cannot issue contract without first getting his review.

These acts are rape of the constitution and a hostile position that will poison the Executive Office. Everyone will now have to watch his back for fear of unknown....including the President himself. Thats not good for where the country is.

2. President created Economic Advisory Council outside of VP knowledge or input. For a population of 170million economy is a big factor of our daily lives. The President took a unitary action that did not include inputs from the EMT team that had served as his economic consultants for over 4yrs. A cordial relationship between the two offices should have given a heads up down the chain of command and alert the VP to what will happen with his EMT. President did not even call VP and break the news to him verbally, no...he sent a memo! The distance and coldness is deeper and more chilling than what is out in public. In addition, President then announced in memo, not face to face discussion....that his VP's approval right over services under his office has been withdrawn and he must now obtain approval from President on any marching order to them.

So let us ask questions -
a - If President did not see his VP face to face in all of this...and the VP only got to know of them through memo, if the VP wants to see the President can that happen, or does he have to see Kyari instead?

b - can he see the President one on one....or that Kyari has to be in attendance in their meeting as well?

c - if he falls sick again does he hand over to the VP he doesn't trust....or is he going to hand over to the trusted Kyari?

I want Yoruba Leaders to take this abuse and insult as a finale...the full stop! From now forward it's ZERO tolerance. Yoruba will not only dig ourselves out of this rubbish...we will extricate completely from Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Saga by Amumaigwe: 6:57am On Sep 24, 2019
MetaPhysical:
I believe you brushed the surface and rubbished people's opposition to the issue out of lack of understanding.

1. Economic Management Team was supervised by VP and gives periodic report to the President before each FEC meeting. The imperatives of economic agenda and policies are tasked to the EMT through Office of VP. So you can see there is a two-way exchange, first they take an action item for task, they bring it back in a report and recommendation. This is for the nation, not for LG or State...but for the Sovereingty.

The President discussed his intention to scrap it with Kyari but never with VP, the man who oversees the function and staff of EMT. The VP learnt through a memo that EMT is no longer needed. That's an insult and show of mistrust for the office of his deputy. If he has lost trust in his deputy he is likely to divert govt business and responsibilities away from the VP and delegate it elsewhere. Hence the redirection of Ministers to come through Kyari to see him. That was not the only act done. He also instructed the AGF Malami to supervise SPIP which was taken from Obono Obla. In addition, Malami instructed all Ministers that they cannot issue contract without first getting his review.

These acts are rape of the constitution and a hostile position that will poison the Executive Office. Everyone will now have to watch his back for fear of unknown....including the President himself. Thats not good for where the country is.

2. President created Economic Advisory Council outside of VP knowledge or input. For a population of 170million economy is a big factor of our daily lives. The President took a unitary action that did not include inputs from the EMT team that had served as his economic consultants for over 4yrs. A cordial relationship between the two offices should have given a heads up down the chain of command and alert the VP to what will happen with his EMT. President did not even call VP and break the news to him verbally, no...he sent a memo! The distance and coldness is deeper and more chilling than what is out in public. In addition, President then announced in memo, not face to face discussion....that his VP's approval right over services under his office has been withdrawn and he must now obtain approval from President on any marching order to them.

a - If President did not see his VP face to face in all of this...and the VP only got to know of them through memo, if the VP wants to see the President can that happen, or does he have to see Kyari instead?

b - can he see the President one on one....or that Kyari has to be in attendance in their meeting as well?

c - if he falls sick again does he hand over to the VP he doesn't trust....or is he going to hand over to the trusted Kyari?

I want Yoruba Leaders to take this abuse and insult as a finale...the full stop! From now forward it's ZERO tolerance. Yoruba will not only dig ourselves out of this rubbish...we will extricate completely from Nigeria.

#bolded:

How do you intend to achieve that where Yoruba is mutilated along party and religious lines. BTW, another Yoruba is already scheming to take over from Osibanjo. Yorubas have always burnt their fingers from political partnerships with the Hausa/Fulani North and that has not changed till date. Maybe it your destiny. As for extricating Nigeria completely, IPOB says 'Good morning".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Saga by helinues: 7:07am On Sep 24, 2019
MetaPhysical:

These are just assumptions or possibly one side of the story

Buhari that I know is not a person that can keep malice with most especially somebody he is working with.

Osinbajo also he is not a man who cant handle /manage situations properly .

If Osinbajo is indeed interested in 2023, then more positions he is currently over seeing will be assigned to others in order to give him chance to do his things

(1) (Reply)

I'll Report Every Tribalistic Posts As From Now On / Minimum Wage: Labour Threatens Nationwide Strike From October 16 / Moments When Military Regime Arrested Sowore In A Led-protest In 1998 (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.