Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,228 members, 7,849,819 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:14 AM

What Is Yahaya Bello Still Doing In Lugard House? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Yahaya Bello Still Doing In Lugard House? (343 Views)

South East Support: Is Yahaya Bello APC's Most Popular Candidate? / Lord Lugard Footbridge Kaduna: 116 Years After (Photos, Video) / Kogi Election: Kogi East Holds The Key To Lugard House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Yahaya Bello Still Doing In Lugard House? by prof2007: 1:38am On Sep 25, 2019
Is he still there? Somebody should please confirm. What is the enfant terrible doing in Lugard House? Has he no ears to hear the cries of humanity? Why is he engaging his conscience in an endless conflict?

We have advised him severally to tow the right socioeconomic and political paths but he rebuffed. We have also suggested that those who lose their fellows' trust end up in isolation; hence, Bello should at least retain his political image by tendering unreserved apologies to Kogites and peacefully return home, but it was given deaf ears. Instead, those who stood for the right thing even to his face draw battle lines with him. And be you who, as long as you don’t take part in the mission to deform Kogi state, you are Bello’s political adversary.

I can never reconcile with the fact that his own deputy, Elder Simon Achuba now seeks for his entitlements in court. And looking at the manner in which the court is going about the case and those who have testified so far, do you think the judiciary will protect and uphold the expectations of Achuba, being the last hope of a common man? Only time shall tell.

Who imposed Yahaya Bello on us? How did they come about him? Did the relevant stakeholders truly took cognizant of the people? Well, I pretend his first tenure was a catastrophe perhaps, a delineation of humans' unpredictability. But what about the second term that the National stakeholders now help to abate? It is pathetic that governance is no longer about the people’s welfare, it’s no longer the ultimate quest for good legacies. It’s now all about me, myself and I syndrome - everyone seeks the avenue to loot.

When Bello was coronated, we weighed all options and concluded the young lad will deepen our quest for generational power shift. We were greeted with a congratulatory handshake that a younger person was taking over the affairs - an unprecedented instance in Nigeria’s political terrain. But little did we know that it was an ordeal of yam when transferred from frying pan to fire.

Well, I earlier changed my topic and hope to greet my fellow Kogites in the nearest future when Bello leaves the office. At least they came, they saw and they conquered his untold hardship. But as it is, things may not go the obvious way because, my incompetent governor is still grandstanding.

Oh yes! The wind of change won’t come so easily. Bello may be a colossal failure but he is a sound political strategist. Have you heard about the latest restructuring? Have you traveled home lately to see how he is also deceiving the people for his second term? From 2016-2019, there was nothing to hold unto about his government, but as we speak, he runs his mouth via social media platforms about projects he has either completed, ongoing, or should have done earlier.

I heard he shamefully lamented the deplorable state of roads in Okene recently and also boasted to have carried out renovation between 2017-2018. You see, Bello can never get tired of disgracing Kogites. For the people who are known for truthfulness and firm-stands to have produced him as ‘head of liars affairs’ is appalling.

To all Kogites aiding and abating his second term, I want to ask: are we truly ready for this, and considering what the first term has delivered in Kogi state? Are we ready for more blood shed? Are we ready for these sycophants and party loyalists the second time? The answer is lying in your conscience and the duty you owe posterity both as individuals or as a collective body.

Governance is a collective effort in suggestions and actions. But when suggestions are rebuffed and actions are in the opposite, then there is an inverse of democracy- that will not happen in Kogi state. For those who feel the incumbent is too sophisticated to be removed, let us not make the mistake of a silently dying man that had chosen not to involve others in his predicament. Kogi is for all of us. And since Bello has failed, he doesn’t deserve any second term.

Ponder on this: we have seen serving civil servants and retirees die painful deaths as a result of Bello’s refusal to give them their entitlements. Many were on one illness or the other while others became suicidal as a result of mental and psychological trauma. Is it not better we put an end to this even if it will take the last breath, so the generations unborn can have a place instead of watching helplessly while the oppressors thrive?

God Bless Kogi state.

SOURCE (abridged): http://kogireports.com/what-is-yahaya-bello-still-doing-in-lugard-house/

(1) (Reply)

Ipobians Are Now Rejoicing; / BIAFRA: Fani Kayode Sends Birthday Greetings To Nnamdi Kanu @52 / #revolutionnow: Release Sowore Now Or Go To Jail, Court Threatens DSS DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.