Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? (15451 Views)

My Experience Today When I Went For Culture Test. What The Woman Said. / I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... / I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Kingrexyl(m): 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2019
I didn't feel anything jare, because I know I haven't had sex before not to talk of unprotected sex.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Markfedel(m): 3:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
after feeling a little feverish I decided to check since o told the doctor I would love to..he said oya go my dear the full 20times at that lab was thinking about the past month and were I got it wrong��now Imagine result came and the lady said take it to the doctor na vex I use open am for staircase and when I saw Negative I felt like going back to the office that day���ordinary typhoid is giving me high blood pressure...

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
I was so relaxed, nothing to fear. I know myself.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Dukso(m): 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
I have HIV but my wife did not have, she still loves me.
Then, then we keep going for test to know if she is contacted, still she is negative.
What confuses me here is Dr told me she from second generation, she'll never have HIV. My people, is there any second generation in this world � ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by midnighter(f): 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
wisdomhuz:

Go to the nearest state, maybe Bayelsa, that was were I got my early this year when Port Harcourt was short of booklet too.

I don't understand...after all that oil no paper in Niger delta or what?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by MrHighSea: 3:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
I don't understand this topic. After all those who went for Hiv test always say something must kill a man before they engage in a sexual activity. So why the fear
I noticed they dnt wanna die slowly.
If na die, dy just wan KPAI.
Read comments, catch fun Bro

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by remonics: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
@op it is not yet Uhuru yet. Take the advice of the lady and go for another test after two months.
NigerianMan:
Last week Saturday was the day I went for my last HIV test. I summoned courage and approached this big laboratory in my area, after skin diving some months ago.

I met this young lady at the Laboratory and I told her I wanted to do HIV test blah blah blah. She offered me a seat and she started discussion on Hepatitis B & C. The conversation did not enter my ear at all, I was after the result.

She collected blood sample and off she went. I was sweating like a confused thief that the owner caught. After 20 Minutes, this lady came back with the result.

What made my body nearly jumped out my skin was that she told me you have to come back after 2 months for another checkup before handling the result to me. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! shocked shocked shocked Come back to do what biko?? She walked away. cry

I left the laboratory and head to my car and inside my car I opened the result and it was Negative (HIV 1 & 2)

My advise to you out there, please say no to unprotected SEX.

Go for Test Today, It is affordable.

Kindly share your feeling when you went for your last HIV test grin grin
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Legendguru: 4:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
Good
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Lamanii22(f): 4:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
I've never done it before lol... Don't think I have the courage to...

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Lamanii22(f): 4:13pm On Sep 26, 2019
Bawizzo:
grin
I had mine yesterday and i had to drink five bottles of budweiser b4 the test, jux so I could scribble the result in my head and misinterpret it when shit hits the ceiling.

Hehehehehe gbayii
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Starz825(m): 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
AceOfRed:
The thought alone scares the living daylight out of me.

Someday, I'll summon courage and get it done after all.
The living daylight.... grin
He bad reach that level

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Starz825(m): 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
OKOATA:
The last time I had mine, I was sweating like a christmas goat, my new cheek told me to get a test done before we go down. I was happy thereafter. smiley
Yeah..that bae na real bae ooo.....to tell you to check ur status before anything....not desperate at all unlike some ladies

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by scave(m): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2019
I did mine when I was serving, my fellow corp member female, we were together on that day, she did has and it was negative, so she said I should do mine of which I told her that if I come out positive she is going to marry me, She agreed, the nurse that was to take the test was hearing our conversation, so when she tested she said I was positive, me and that corp member were happy celebrating it when the nurse finally said I was actually negative, I was now angry that she should have maintained the positive result so as to marry the female corp member. YOU DONT GET SCARED SINCE YOU DONT HAVE COCKROACH IN YOUR CUPBOARD.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by riyanxeally(f): 4:31pm On Sep 26, 2019
I went last friday the drama wasnt funny test ild collect after like one hour took like three hours den the guy bringing d result started telling me its well be patient ahhh crydoctor they gave result too kept me till he finish attending to everyone else.. Den he said all negative

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
After taking my blood samples the nurse came out sweating and looking disoriented like something was wrong... my mind was just running left, right and everywhere. Thinking of all the Jerry Rawlings i have done and trying to figure which girl done bring my downfall finally embarassed

The idiot handed it to me and i checked negative and swore never to use rawlings again but these girls will be making it sooo hard... So far so good i have been clean with the raincoats on standby cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by 1Sharon(f): 4:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
Why don't black ppl like using protection?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by crackhouse(m): 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2019
What do you mean by last HIV test? Are u leaving us here on earth and travelling to the Mars?
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by DonTattaglia: 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2019
I have seen several cases of HIV negative patients who tested positive after 3 months. One almost threw a punch at me when he came after 3months and was tested positive. He claimed with confidence that the test he did 3months before this last one was negative in a government hospital... kiss embarassed
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by crackhouse(m): 5:18pm On Sep 26, 2019
gidgiddy:
My own experience was an eyeopopener. There was this time I was down with fever. All the medicine I drank, nothing seemed to work. The Doctor now suggested I go for HIV test which I did. I was supposed to come back after 3 days for the result. I did not sleep for those 3 days. I thought of every girl I ever slept with. I wondered if caught any thing from them.

When I went back for the result, there was a stack of results on the table. The Nurse asked me for name and started sifting through the stack to find my own. As she did this, I could see other people results. It would be, positive, positive, positive, positive, negative, positive, positive. There were more far more positives than negatives. By the time they got to my results, I was out of my mind. As luck would have it, I came out negative. The result also showed I had Malaria parasite

Despite my fever, I drank 4 bottles of Star beer to celebrate grin grin grin
HIV can even take up to 1yr before it start showing on result.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2019
ursullalinda:
Hahaha with cancer I no dey fear HIV again because HIV is like malaria to cancer. So going for HIV test can not give me BP
Cancer? That must feel really bad.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Codyt(m): 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2019
worldclass68:
that nurse hen, she just wanted to surfer me that day, as she brought the result with one kind look on her face, the look said it all already, i started crying inside of me, and she come dey do one kind counseling oo, she come dey ask how i was exposed oo, my brother I told her everything oo, how how we met, how I gave her head and do the same, ...then I started crying, then she handed the result to me and asked me to open it, I saw
syphilis= negative
hapetitis B = negative
Hiv 1 and 2 = negative

I checked again maybe I was mistaking
haha..I come look her in d face and said "but.......
she asked me " did I say you re positive
if you like go and start to dey give head again, or if you even have to do it, make sure u know the person's status...so she smiled and walked away after exchanging numbers, cuz she fine ooo and we have been talking since then.
And I do hope you have no plans to quench her banga........ grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Codyt(m): 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2019
exstreve:

are you having cancer?
HE meant with the emergence of cancer(a lethal disease than HIV) in the world today, he no longer panics. HIV is far more likely to be managed than cancer.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by worldclass68(m): 5:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Codyt:

And I do hope you have no plans to quench her banga........ grin grin grin grin

sadly we re not in the same city again....lol
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Xammie001(m): 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2019
Not Bothered
I Just Go For the Checkup for Familiarity Sake
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2019
i didnt felt any fear because the time i did mine i was depressed and convince myself that im postive i just went there to confirm it but it come out negetive which i still didnt believe. on january 15 this year i had sex with unknown girl and motherfuckng cndom broke without me knowing untill i pull out. i went back unprotected thinking that what ever happen has happened. i paid her, go home forget about it nd move on with my life after 3weeks i fall sick thats when i recall it nd start googling about symptoms just to find out i was having majority of them then suicide thoughts began to prevail in my mind i stopped giong anywhere everyday lying down in my bed thinking about all the negatives that are going to happen in my life because of the virus after 6weeks i gather courage nd go for the test nd tested negative which i still didnt agree with i googled about window period which is maximun of 6months (after 6months any hiv test be it rapid test or others can be able to detect hiv infection) that means u have to wait untill 6months to confirm my status i planned to do another test after 6months which i still didnt because now im back to my normal self feeling healthy but the lymph node in my neck is swollen which is another hiv symptom. it's been 9months now nd i still didnt go for another test because im afraid

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by MedicH: 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
midnighter:

You're just describing the general characteristics of a virus. Of course if it's kept refrigerated and at pH7 then it will survive

As such HIV is a fragile virus that quickly becomes damaged after exposure to air, water or direct sunlight

So worrying about getting it from barbing is not necessary

On the first paragraph, HIV is not an exception in the general characteristics of a virus.

On the second, I do not know exactly where you got this from.

On the last I will tell you why it is necessary to worry about contracting the virus from a hair clipper. You see HIV virus is one that subsists in blood cells of hosts and hardly on body fluids except in people with a high viral load. What this means is that in using a hair clipper, hardly does blood come out as hardly is blood vessels ruptured in barbing and as a result one is not very likely to contract the virus. If a barber intentionally ruptures the blood vessel of an infected person with a hair clipper and uses the same clipper on another person, you simply have a transmission.

This is different from Ebola virus with a very high virulence such that u only need to inhale respiratory droplets of a person with ebola to contract.

People that share syringes are at a high risk of contracting HIV from infected users of same syringe because the needle punctures blood vessels and when it's pulled out of the body, some red blood cells harbouring the virus dies after a while and the HIV crystallises immediately. In a crystal form it can stay longer than u can imagine if there's no exposure to radiation like microwave, UV, gamma as it's done in sterilization.
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by berbs: 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
What she meant is that u need to come do a confirmation result, that's all
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by NoApology(m): 8:14pm On Sep 26, 2019
Wasn't a big deal for me. Was a Virgin when I had my first test, so it didn't bother me. Knowing my status early helped guide me in my sexual choices

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by berbs: 8:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
Dukso:
I have HIV but my wife did not have, she still loves me.
Then, then we keep going for test to know if she is contacted, still she is negative.
What confuses me here is Dr told me she from second generation, she'll never have HIV. My people, is there any second generation in this world � ?
It means u take ur drug often and ur viral load is non detectable. So, u cannot infect anyone. Congrats

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by midnighter(f): 8:49pm On Sep 26, 2019
MedicH:
On the first paragraph, HIV is not an exception in the general characteristics of a virus.

On the second, I do not know exactly where you got this from.

On the last I will tell you why it is necessary to worry about contracting the virus from a hair clipper. You see HIV virus is one that subsists in blood cells of hosts and hardly on body fluids except in people with a high viral load. What this means is that in using a hair clipper, hardly does blood come out as hardly is blood vessels ruptured in barbing and as a result one is not very likely to contract the virus. If a barber intentionally ruptures the blood vessel of an infected person with a hair clipper and uses the same clipper on another person, you simply have a transmission.

This is different from Ebola virus with a very high virulence such that u only need to inhale respiratory droplets of a person with ebola to contract.

People that share syringes are at a high risk of contracting HIV from infected users of same syringe because the needle punctures blood vessels and when it's pulled out of the body, some red blood cells harbouring the virus dies after a while and the HIV crystallises immediately. In a crystal form it can stay longer than u can imagine if there's no exposure to radiation like microwave, UV, gamma as it's done in sterilization.

1. Yes it is not an exception but it only survives under very specific conditions that dont apply to most everyday conditions so there was almost no point in you mentioning it,

2. How long can HIV survive outside the body? "Unless the virus is kept in a syringe under specific conditions, the true answer is not very long. Although it causes a serious incurable disease that can’t be inactivated by the body, HIV is very fragile in the environment outside one’s body. It quickly gets damaged and becomes inactive (“dies”) and unable to transmit infection when the fluid it’s in is exposed to air. Once it’s inactive, HIV can’t become active again, so it’s the same as if it’s dead."

"HIV can’t survive for long in the air. As soon as fluid leaves the body and is exposed to air, it quickly begins to dry up. This damages the virus, making it inactive. Once it’s inactive, HIV is “dead” and no longer infectious."

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-long-does-hiv-live-outside-the-body

3. You are really frustrating me, stop spreading misinformation!

If, for some terrible reason, a barber were to nick a HIV positive person whilst shaving, draw blood and then use the same clipper on you again without cleaning/sterilising it, in order for him to infect you, he would literally have to:

a. Scratch enough into the other guys head so as to get enough blood to constitute a high enough viral load for transmission
b. Keep the blood at stable, room temperature for long enough to infect you
c. Not use any alkaline shaving balms or soaps or creams on you at all, which would kill the virus
d. Start digging into your scalp deep enough such that you are openly bleeding from your head, and start splashing large volumes infected blood onto the open wound
i. Remember that when you bleed you push blood out onto the surface of the skin, so you would need to rub the infected blood into your own bloodstream to counter-act your natural blood pressure that is forcing it out

The chance of somebody being infected with HIV by a barbers clippers (though technically possible) is extremely negligible! If this were not the case, dont you think most of us would have died by now?

(You can catch a lot of bad diseases from dirty (hepatitis C)/ rusty (tetanus) clippers though, and i always bring my own needles to the salon just to be on the safe side)

4. I dont know why youre talking about syringes but you are right, HIV is definitely spread when people share dirty hypodermic needles because the blood in the syringe is not exposed to air.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by MedicH: 8:53pm On Sep 26, 2019
midnighter:

1. Yeah it is not an exception but it only survives under very specific conditions that dont apply to most everyday conditions so there was almost no point in you mentioning it,

2. How long can HV survive outside the bodty? "Unless the virus is kept in a syringe under specific conditions, the true answer is not very long. Although it causes a serious incurable disease that can’t be inactivated by the body, HIV is very fragile in the environment outside one’s body. It quickly gets damaged and becomes inactive (“dies”) and unable to transmit infection when the fluid it’s in is exposed to air. Once it’s inactive, HIV can’t become active again, so it’s the same as if it’s dead."

"HIV can’t survive for long in the air. As soon as fluid leaves the body and is exposed to air, it quickly begins to dry up. This damages the virus, making it inactive. Once it’s inactive, HIV is “dead” and no longer infectious."

3. You are really frustrating me, stop spreading misinformation!

If, for some terrible reason, a barber were to nick a HIV positive person whilst shaving, draw blood and then use the same clipper on you again without washing it, in order for him to infect you, he would literally have to:

a. Scratch enough into the other guys head so as to get enough blood to constitute a high enough viral load for transmission
b. Keep the blood at stable, room temperature for long enough to infect you
c. Not use any alkaline shaving balms or soaps or creams on you at all, which would kill the virus
d. Start digging into your scalp deep enough such that you are openly bleeding from your head, and start splashing large volumes infected blood onto the open wound
i. Remember that when you bleed you push blood out onto the surface of the skin, so you would need to rub the infected blood into your own bloodstream to counter-act your natural blood pressure

The chance of somebody being infected by a barbers clippers (though technically possible) is extremely negligible! If this were the case, dont you think most of us would have died by now?

(You can catch a lot of bad diseases from dirty clippers though)

4. I dont know why youre talking about syringes but you are right, HIV is definitely spread when people share dirty hypodermic needles because the blood in the syringe is not exposed to air.

I have one word for the bolded.

NAUSEATING

bye
Re: How Did You Feel When You Went For Your Last HIV Test? by ursullalinda(f): 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2019
exstreve:

are you having cancer?

No I'm not. Just saying cancer is so rampant and more worrisome, HIV at least has drugs to sustain one for years. Thanks for ur concern

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Psychiatric Patients In Yaba, Lagos State Increased By 100 Percent / NCDC: COVID-19 Patients Without Symptoms To Be Discharged After 14 Days / Life Expectancy In Nigeria Now 55 Years – WHO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.