Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award (24889 Views)

Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi / 2018 FIFA Best Awards: Who Voted Who? Revealed! / Kanu Nwankwo & Wife, Amara At FIFA Best Awards (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by mysportdab: 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2019
World Football Governing Body FIFA has denied claims that votes for Lionel Messi to win the Best Player Award were rigged, MySportDab reports.

Lionel Messi walked away with the best men's player accolade at the glitzy ceremony in Milan on Monday, pipping Cristiano Ronaldo and Virgil van Dijk to the award.

Given Van Dijk's remarkable season at Liverpool and Ronaldo's excellent campaign at Juventus - Messi winning the award was met with a degree of surprise.

FIFA determines the best players based on the votes of national team coaches, captains as well as a journalist from each country.

But Messi's claim to the honour has been thrown into doubt following after Egyptian football association and Nicaragua's captain Juan Barrera raised concerns over the authenticity of the ballots - citing uncounted or misallocated votes.

Egypt's association called on FIFA to explain why the votes of Coach Shawki Ghareeb and captain Ahmed Elmohamady were not taken into account.

Ghareeb and Elmohamady - who both opted for Mohamed Salah as their top choice - are not mentioned in FIFA's publication of official votes that was published after the award ceremony.

The Egyptian FA claim they officially sent their votes to FIFA on August 15, four days before the deadline.

On Thursday, the governing body provided a bizarre explanation as to why the Egyptian's votes weren't included - claiming the signatures on the voting forms were in capital letters and thus invalid.

Read more;https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/09/fifa-best-awards-fifa-denies-claims-of.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by herber(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2019
All d best
Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by trustedward(m): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2019
The award has always been manipulated in favor of Messi, wen he wasn’t nominated among the top 3 last year, I knew Ronaldo was about to b robbed, they needed to make it seem like everyone got reasons to complain....FIFA is fraud

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by eTECTIV: 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2019
trustedward:
The award has always been manipulated in favor of Messi, wen he wasn’t nominated among the top 3 last year, I knew Ronaldo was about to b robbed, they needed to make it seem like everyone got reasons to complain....FIFA is fraud

Oh shut up already!!! UEFA also robbed Ronaldo wen he came 3rd ryt? All dis fan boys are really irritating... How old are u exactly
Egyptian coach and captain filled d form using CAPITALS which is why their votes were voided.. D other 2 officials from d FA were recorded and confirmed by dem..

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by yungsmart(m): 7:15pm On Sep 26, 2019
All this Ronaldo fans shout FIFA is scam. It is just three votes and it is concerning salah .

kindly tell us how those two votes would have change the outcome of the FIFA POTY Award. Let's not argue out of sentiment and let's know who the real winner would have been, that's why FIFA made the whole voting exercise open to the public domain.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by igetdata: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2019
trustedward:

I just read ur post and all that came to my mind was MUMU.

why is there always a correlation between stupid comments and ronaldo fans.

As for ur information fifa has called out the complainants and all of them has recognised it was either their fault or their country FA. imagine educated voters forgetting signatures.

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by Citytrend: 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2019
I'm just Watching Nigerians fighting their Brother because of people they never knew from Adam

Wisdom is indeed has gone for a Honey Moon in this Generation

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsAp

5 Likes

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by itsme01: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
undecided

Like Ronaldo like Atiku

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by islandmoon: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by fourhayz: 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
Messi had the best season irrespective of all these trashes.

The only two players closer to Messi heroics last season were Mane and Van Dijk.

Ronaldo and Salah are way behind and no where to be found.

The votes that were not counted should have a reason...And perhaps they are for Salah who his votes isn't even in the best 4.

Even Van Dijk voted for Messi as the best player.

Robertson of Liverpool also said Messi Deserves it.

The Two great Coaches currently-Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola also stated Messi is the Goat.

Only foolish people like the Op up there and the Penaldo fan boys who doesn't know what football is Shouts unnecessarily.

Spits...

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
Cr7 fans at work.. they're pained asf lmaooo���

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by maestroferddi: 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
Too little, too late...

FiFA Best has been won and lost..

Pointless crying over spilled milk.

What has been voted cannot be unvoted..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by jayson87: 7:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
FIFA add their votes abeg. Messi is still the clear cut winner.

It still amazes people think CR7 should have won! Like really, Like are you for real. Is Ronaldo head and shoulder ahead of Mane, Piaztek who plays in the same league with him, Icardi, Mo salah, Mbpape, Firmino, Bernando Silva who is also the Portuguese most effectual player in the UEFA nations league.

Ronaldo's performance this past year is as synonymous with that of Roberto Lewandowski. They both won their leagues and were the highest goal scorers for their respective clubs. Nothing spectacular at all

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
Na wa oh
Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by slawomir: 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
trustedward:
Bros you nor sabi read?
"FIFA determines the best players based on the votes of national team coaches, captains as well as a journalist from each country"

Bros you nor well
Am a Liverpool fan but Messi na beast for Field

Them nor ring am
No room for ringing
He deserve that award

See ehnnnn

i thought Ronaldo was far behind Lionel Messi

Untill i watched Lionel Messi's third goal against real betis
And i realize i was hundred percent correct!

You need to see that goal!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
No be today FIFA/UEFA don dey favour Barca/Messi!

That wan na old news.

NEXT...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by arodavoo(m): 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
It whenever Messi gets the award they start claiming they rigged the election.... Those saying such should better go and sit down their ass

Check my dm to learn how to import from UK, Turkey, Malaysia, China and USA

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by TaiKuun(m): 7:42pm On Sep 26, 2019
FIFA Business Ltd.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by AroleOduduwa2: 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
Cr7 PR team are now doing everything humanly possible to discredit the award

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by Randy100: 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
Not fair to lionel messi.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by jayjay2609: 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
Just read on bbc that the Nicaragua captain is complaining that though he DID NOT vote.. It was recorded that he voted for Messi as POTY

Same thing with the Sudanese who said their actual votes did not match what was presented by fifa, who said the Sudanese voted for Messi

I'm a huge fan of Ronaldo, and though I have nothing against Messi winning the award because he had a good season individually, this rigging game that Fifa is playing just to favour Messi has got to stop.. I thought it ended after Sepp Blatter was disgraced out of office but it seems they are back

Anyways, lemme wait for balon d'or first sha..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by YomaA(m): 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
When messi ws voted 5th best last seson,none of u ronaldo fans shouted foul oo.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by adioolayi(m): 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
How team Captains, Journalists votes is on their website....It's their decision, they play the game and know who deserve the award.
Messi won fair

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 26, 2019
igetdata:

I just read ur post and all that came to my mind was MUMU.

why is there always a correlation between stupid comments and ronaldo fans.

As for ur information fifa has called out the complainants and all of them has recognised it was either their fault or their country FA. imagine educated voters forgetting signatures.
that guy need drugs

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
FIFA awards has come & gone.
Attention is now on the next year FIFA awards.
Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by Blabbermouth: 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Messians have been giving cr7 fans heart attack since 1902.
After their retirement, the story will be "messi was a fraud, out of the 6 best player award, he only deserved one."
I've seen so many of them disappear from nairaland as though, they didn't register in the first place.
BeverlyJean Cr7lomo Ree loa ded. Where are you, come out and troll us with a Ronaldo-lifting-a-national trophy-picture.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
Infantino doesn't need to show all this drama. FIFA sponsors Messi, period!
Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by peterd53(m): 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Re: FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
Liars. FIFA robbed Ronaldo. VAR should be introduced in these awards ceremonies

FIFA out
Boycott FIFA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is UJ Esuene Stadium Calabar The Most Suitable Stadium We Have? / Launching Of Desire Oparanozie Foundation: Chioma Ajunwa, Pawpaw & Others Attend / Premier League Relegation: Manchester United Fighting A Battle To Avoid It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.