Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi (36328 Views)

Man City To Trigger Erling Haaland's £63 Million Release Clause / Messi Can Only Leave Barca If €700 Million Release Clause Is Met - La Liga / FIFA Best Awards: FIFA Denies Claims Of Vote Rigging For Lionel Messi Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by obembet(f): 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2020
Barcelona are reportedly going to demand that clubs must pay Lionel Messi's £631million release clause should he hand in a transfer request.

The attacker's future at the LaLiga giants has been thrown into serious doubt after the club performed poorly on the pitch last season and have made massive personnel changes off the field.

There have been links with the six-time Balon d'Or winner and some of Europe's elite but even if he wanted to leave the Nou Camp this summer with one year left on his deal, it could prove tricky for him.

According to Mundo Deportivo, the Catalan club will tell Messi that he can only leave if a club is willing to pay his monstrous £631million release clause or he will be staying put.

The asking price is simply too much for any club in world football to afford, as it would accumulate to more than triple the highest fee ever paid for a footballer by PSG for Neymar in 2017.

If Barcelona were to budge on their outrageous £631million asking price, then there are plenty of clubs exploring the option of signing the 33-year-old.

Paris Saint-Germain, Inter Milan, Juventus, Manchester United and Manchester City, managed by Messi's former boss Pep Guardiola, have all reportedly thrown their hat in the ring should the Argentine become available.
Messi has reportedly now held talks with new Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman to discuss his future after it was revealed that he was 'more out than in' at the club.

According to Spanish outlet Sport, each of the aforementioned clubs would have enough pulling power to attract Messi should he leave Spain - but his price would prove to be a massive obstacle.

The attacker cut his holiday short to return and hold talks with Koeman, after manager Quique Setien was sacked following their embarrassing 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League.

Argentinian outlets reported that Messi was left furious after the fact he held a meeting with the new boss became public.

Koeman opened up about Messi's situation and said: 'He's still got a contract and is still a Barcelona player. At this point I need to speak to him because he is the captain.

'We need to work with him and speak with various players. We need to make some decisions but in Messi's case I hope he stays with us.

'I don't know if I have to convince Messi [to stay], whether it's that or not. He is the best player in the world and the best player in the world you want in your team, you don't want him playing against you.

'As a coach I would love to work with Messi because he wins matches. If he's at the ability and level he has always shown I'd be more than happy for him to stay.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12476015/barcelona-release-clause-lionel-messi-transfer-request/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by daddytime(m): 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
The idiots never ready release am. Make him kukuma do the one year waka on a free. Na dem go lose plus him huge wage bill.

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by KossyKiss97(f): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ok... why does he want to leave nah?

Need children Educational tablets? Call me asap 080. 60. 29. 17. 29

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by Xucxex1997: 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
So I nearly made FTC today

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by Prodigee: 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
Interesting times
Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by Eghavribiee(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
Wetin happen
Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by 9jayes: 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
Someone cannot dial wrong number in Nigeria and a politician or a celebrity will pick. Must it be aboki�

212 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by AFULA(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
o�

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by Oladimejjy(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
The GOAT WORTH more...

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by Vanzcharles(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
Which kind nonsense outrageous fee for this old man. Make them chop am na. Any club that try this nonsense will just waste money tongue

No doubts he is good but with this fee, I guess he should just end his career at Barcelona. Maybe in next two years, the release clause would reduce and he can sign for any Italian league, MLS league, Chinese league.

The best messi can do is to pay concentration with his new manager and try his best with the team. The earlier the better, the best for him.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by Xxxtacy: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
grin grin make them keep am very soon e go turn liability for their neck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by fredoooooo: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
Gbese
Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by 9jayes: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2020

PayPal/Payoneer/cashApp/BTC needed at upgraded rate sweeter than Lionel Messi and CR7 combined

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
jokers.

if Messi refuses to sign a new contract and finally enters free transfer, dem go know what's up. grin

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by sammysneh(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
Barca are just joking around when the right offer comes n the player is ready to leave dey must sell
Unless dey want Messi to be a free agent next year

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by sammyije(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
Q
Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by Mustiboy(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
The idiots aren't ready to release him, hence the price tag.

Even if they eventually decide to place him on the transfer market, only a stupid team will pay over $100M for the used GOAT.

Teams should just exercise patience and wait till next season when he will be available as a free agent.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by pretydiva(f): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2020
Really? That's a whole lot of money oo
Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by izzyboi(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
Barcelona does not want to release him. The release clause is too outrageous. I doubt if anyone club would pay that right now

If Messi really wants to leave, he will when his contract expires next year.

I really want a Messi and Ronaldo link up but Juve does not have the money

nairavsdollars:
He is joining Arsenal. Congrats to all Arsenal fans
This is a joke right?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by nairavsdollars(f): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
He is joining Arsenal. Congrats to all Arsenal fans

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by Thryphosa(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
So outrageous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by Slawormir: 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Messi is not gonna leave

Just a little change in that team then Barcelona with Messi is back to thier wining ways....
First sell Suarez or rather put am for bench....a grown up man like Suarez can't be rolling and falling on the pitch for every little touch....
Sell greizmann...he is not fit into Barcelona style of play

Then overhaul the defence

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by Starkid3010(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
Na 8-2 cos all this matter wey dey ground

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by professorval1(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
Messi is going no where!
Every Tom, Dick and Harry suppose know this fact naa grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by paulolee(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
i think if lionel messi really wants to leave barca, barca board would surely cut down that outrageous fee if his interested club comes knocking..
that money is too much and only the Chinese clubs dt can pay such fee and messi isn't a slave to barca and he have more say on that transfer..
if he decides joining city or PSG, barca would cut dt fee to allow a possible transfer so he ends up happy bcoz messi have done so much for barca and staying with barca was his plan bt change is constant..
if barca refused to cut dt fee, he would play his last season and move for free and even sign precontract b4 the season end...
would be happy seeing messi in city than the others bt i still doubt if we would see the most shocking divorce case in football...

4 Likes

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by DMerciful(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2020
Will he deliver value of £631 million in 1yr? Why can't these clubs wait for one year and even messi himself to benefit more?

4 Likes

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
Interesting. I pity those considered to be football fanatics but may never handle even a very small fraction of that dole in their lifetime.

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by potbelly(m): 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
I 8-2 say this grin but the price tag of the ASUN is too high...

5 Likes

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by davibid: 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
Clearly they are not ready to sell him...

Very funny �

6 Likes

Re: Barcelona Will Demand £631 Million Release Clause For Lionel Messi by kennosklint(m): 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
Make them chop am na

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Serena Williams In Tears After Injury In Rogers Cup Final, Touching (Photos) / Zidane Set To Make First Signing As Real Madrid Agrees €50m Deal / Samson Siasia Signing Keshi's And Amodu's Condolence Registers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.