Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Flutterwave- My Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Flutterwave- My Experience (2373 Views)

Flutterwave Is Y Combinator’s Most valuable African Comp, Valued At $150M / How To Make Payment For Facebook Adverts In Dollars Using Barter Flutterwave App / Rave Flutterwave Is Ruining My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flutterwave- My Experience by 0gbeni(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2019
Your friendly local man heard the amazing story that birthed Flutterwave at the clinic today. As someone interested in disrupting healthcare in Nigeria, I decided to try their services, write a review of my experience and hopefully pick up a nugget or two.

First of all, Introduction!

Flutterwave is an African fintech start-up that aims to be one-stop platform for all payment needs.

Its mission is to inspire a new wave of success across Africa by building payments infrastructure that will connect Africa to the global economy.

The company was founded in 2016 by Iyinoluwa Aboyeji, Olugbenga Agboola and a team of experts from several multinational technological and financial institutions. It is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in different cities in Africa.

Since its incorporation, Flutterwave has processed millions of transactions worth more than $2.5 billion and serves popular payment service providers and major banks in Africa. Thousands of developers also build across its portfolio.

Flutterwave has partnered with multiple international companies and has won many awards for innovation and leadership.

The company also a partners with HNG internships as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility.

The company currently offers Rave and Getbarter as its flagship products. Basically, Rave is geared towards bigger businesses while Getbarter is targeted towards small merchants and individuals.

Okay, enough of the stories !

My Experience

Started off by visiting their website, It was interactive, loaded quickly (even though I was using glo) and was very easy to navigate especially for a ‘non-tech’ person. I was amazed at the number of collaborations they have with companies. (they have basically everything payment covered !)

The information about what each product does was clear and concise. Local man quickly went to download Getbarter as that na wetin concern me for now lol.

Signing up and authentication was a breeze and I was able to set up my account within 5 minutes [i](yes, I timed it!)

Purchased some airtime and I was wowed by how quick the transaction was, called a cousin who also uses Getbarter to send some money to me and the transfer was almost instantaneous after she initiated the transaction, I sent money to a bank account and it was pretty swift too. Local man could even pay for dstv and create a dollar card on the app !

The Verdict

This is the best payment app that I have used so far and I was surprised by how easy it was to set up and use.

I am also amazed by the effort made by the company to make cash transfer secure while simultaneously making transactions seamless.

My reservations are just about how the company 1. Plans to reach the significant % of Nigerians that are illiterate and/or unbanked and 2. How they plan to change the conservative mindset of the average Nigerian towards electronic transactions.

Overall, I can confidently say that Flutterwave is leading the charge towards making payments hassle-free and I think every African should be on the platform because it is the future of financial technology.

Arigato.

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave- My Experience by atop1(m): 5:36am On Jul 16, 2021
Flutterwave has a lot of good and mind-blowing features including creating a payment page in 30 seconds that your customers can use to pay for your products, creating an online store in less than 20 minutes where you can list your various products, generating invoices, paying bills, and lots more. To learn how to get started on flutterwave, check out this video i made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezQ-q05Ledw
Re: Flutterwave- My Experience by Ayoleeboy007: 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2021
Rubbish app
Re: Flutterwave- My Experience by etebefia: 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2021
Yes flutterwave is a great initiative but a fintech without dedicated customer service is not just ready yet. I have a complaint submitted for over 3 months now, yet no response, no live chat, how then do I resolve transaction failures?
Again they claim to have some kind of collaboration with PayPal but that doesn't seem to be true.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Export Promotion Council ,s-export LICENSE / Does It Make Sense To Invest In Power Bank Business? Local Sourcing.... / 100K On Ground. What Next?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.