Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,586 members, 7,955,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:23 PM

N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court (6155 Views)

Tribunal: Ganduje Opens Defense, Presents Witness With Fake Voters’ Card / Obanikoro, 16 Others To Testify Against Fayose / EFCC Files 11 Charges Against Fayose (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by IgbereBlog: 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
The EFCC on Thursday presented its first witness against Isaac Fayose, who is standing trial for advance fee fraud before Justice Binta Muhammad of the Federal High Court, Abuja, Igbere TV reports.

At the resumed trial on Friday, Sept. 27, the prosecution counsel, Jude Obozuwa, presented Joe Onyiuke as witness. He told the court that he met Isaac Fayose sometime in 2009 and that he later visited him in his office and told him about a project he was about to start.

“Then I was working on classified assets as regional head. He took me to a property and told me it was given to him by his mother-in-law. It was a one storey building. He wanted to use it to fund a lounge or a restaurant,” Onyiuke said.

According to the witness in a statement issued by the EFCC, the property is located along Alex Ekwueme Road, opposite Jabi Lake, Abuja and hosts two churches, one, located upstairs and the other downstairs.

“The church upstairs was moving out when we visited. He said the church downstairs belonged to his personal friend and that he would allow him to stay there temporarily. He told me it was a serious business that he wanted us to do and we had to enter into agreement for the project.

“I released several amounts of money to him through one Samuel Ogala. But considering how far we have gone in the deal, I asked him about his own contribution. He gave me bogus figures and we agreed to appoint a quantity surveyor at that point and he came back and told me that he was no longer interested in the agreement,” the witness said.

Onyiuke told the court that there were evidences of the signed agreement between them adding that the first agreement was a joint venture agreement.

“The agreement took care of all the funds he collected from me through one Samuel Ogala. The rent was N8million (Eight Million Naira) for two years, amounting to N16million (Sixteen Million Naira) with a legal fee of N1.7million (One Million Seven Hundred Thousand Naira), totaling N17.6million (Seventeen Million Six Hundred Thousand). The agreement acknowledged the receipt of all the funds. I raised an objection that Isaac has to tell me when the Redeemed Christian Church of God will vacate the property and he told me that they will leave in two weeks and I brought a plain sheet of paper and asked him to write it down on paper,” he said.

The witness further revealed that the Redeemed Christian Church of God did not vacate the property, even after five months, prompting him to ask for the refund of his expenses.

“I told Isaac that he has to refund my money, which he didn’t. I put a call to him and he told me that he was just released from police cell. It was then that I realized that I was in trouble. He started threatening my life. I suffered so much blackmail from Isaac from that moment.”

According to him, the defendant went as far as writing the managing director of the bank where he worked urging that he should be investigated on how he got N17.6million he paid for the property.

He also stated that the defendant wrote again to his bank, urging that his private life be investigated on the allegation that he was having an affairs with his wife (defendant’s wife).

“I cleared all the allegations he leveled against me before my bank and showed them everything and the bank gave me an option to beg Isaac to stop tarnishing the bank’s image,” he added.

Igbere TV reports that Justice Muhammad adjourned the case to October 16, 2019, for continuation of trial at the instance of the defence counsel, Pascal Ngwu.

http://igberetvnews.com/1029600/n176m-fraud-efcc-presents-witness-fayose-court/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by IgbereBlog: 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by NaijaTushboy(m): 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
If this post hit fp mk i dai
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by Racoon(m): 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
Sorry guys! Comment out of topic.
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by amiibaby(f): 5:19am On Sep 28, 2019
Wow
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by amiibaby(f): 5:20am On Sep 28, 2019
Are u still alive
NaijaTushboy:

2 Likes

Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by sunnywhyt007: 5:20am On Sep 28, 2019
Frod everywhere
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by donpapa(m): 5:22am On Sep 28, 2019
Peter the rock
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by spyglaxx: 5:23am On Sep 28, 2019
Seriously
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by Kpako1(m): 5:24am On Sep 28, 2019
So they are still on this case?

Meanwhile, I'm available for your medical certificate, online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by Maxymilliano(m): 5:29am On Sep 28, 2019
Racoon:
The APC-infested EFCC have long bungled this Fayose case since they willingly returned Musiliu Obanikoro passport to allow him escape to the US

There is no way Fayose will be indicted without involving Obanikoro & vice versa.But being a body & govt on a selective anti-corruption fight, all they will continue to do is a propaganda media trial charade.

The story had nothing to do with Ayo Fayose or Obanikoro

3 Likes

Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by Sicilyjoe: 5:29am On Sep 28, 2019
donpapa:
Peter the rock

No mind the mischievous poster, is not fayose the former governor we know, is Isaac fayose
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by Suzie1(f): 5:30am On Sep 28, 2019
IgbereBlog:
The EFCC on Thursday presented its first witness against Isaac Fayose, who is standing trial for advance fee fraud before Justice Binta Muhammad of the Federal High Court, Abuja, Igbere TV reports.

http://igberetvnews.com/1029600/n176m-fraud-efcc-presents-witness-fayose-court/

Isaac Fayose, the younger brother to the immediate past governor of Ekiti State, Ayo Fayose, is presently being arraigned for advance fee fraud.

Dear Journalist, this is how it supposed to be...

3 Likes

Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by puredigital(f): 5:38am On Sep 28, 2019
Why is it that EFCC always going after opposite party but leaving the devilish cabals that are APC looters behind?
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by danot1030: 5:46am On Sep 28, 2019
Op how did N17.6m become N176m?

But some people are wicked, after defrauding the man you still wanted him to be terminated from his job.

1 Like

Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by FutureIG: 5:57am On Sep 28, 2019
Racoon:
The APC-infested EFCC have long bungled this Fayose case since they willingly returned Musiliu Obanikoro passport to allow him escape to the US

There is no way Fayose will be indicted without involving Obanikoro & vice versa.But being a body & govt on a selective anti-corruption fight, all they will continue to do is a propaganda media trial charade.

Read the content of the news abeg. It's not about Fayose de Guv

1 Like

Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by lukency(m): 6:14am On Sep 28, 2019
Just asking; When would EFCC present a witness against Babacir Lawal?

1 Like

Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by Afamed: 6:30am On Sep 28, 2019
Racoon:

Typical lazy youth.

1 Like

Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by helinues: 6:38am On Sep 28, 2019
EFCC should goan sit down somewhere..

One thought Fayose would have been in jail immediately after loosing his immunity..
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by rolams(m): 6:46am On Sep 28, 2019
His name is Peter Ayodele Fayose, where is the Isaac coming from?
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by NwaBoy: 6:53am On Sep 28, 2019
You reading this post , Yes you. Do you know I have an iPhone XR and 8+ both 64GB and Chip Unlock for sale . I just knew you don't know cheesy. Well you can call me on zero803818757one for more information and pictures. cool

Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by NaijaTushboy(m): 6:58am On Sep 28, 2019
amiibaby:
Are u still alive
nairaland na shit ground for every shit.NOnsenSe
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by Abalado(f): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2019
I think all Peters are not trust worthy
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by Consultville(m): 7:04am On Sep 28, 2019
Poor journalism
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by eminiBAALE(m): 7:06am On Sep 28, 2019
i think say na EKITI FAYOSE AGAIN.............
Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by richmind2019(m): 8:28am On Sep 28, 2019
NaijaTushboy:
Oga stop saying rubbish, there is power in the tongue

Re: N176m Fraud: EFCC Presents Witness Against Fayose In Court by OXLANDOWN: 10:43am On Sep 28, 2019
AN OPEN LETTER TO THE GENERAL OVERSEER, RCCG, PASTOR E. ADEBOYE
I am a member of the RCCG who unfortunately has fallen victim of the whims and tricks of one of your pastors, Segun Odewunmi of the Restoration Parish, situated at 223A, Agege Motor Rd., Mushin, Lagos.
The above-mentioned building which has 4 floors was built by my late father, of which I own the 1st floor, one of my brothers own the ground floor and another, the 2nd and 3rd floors. The ground and 1st floors were earlier rented by Union Bank while the 2nd and 3rd floors were rented by Pastor Segun.
The pastor claims he has an agreement with my brother who owns the 2nd and 3rd floors to purchase those floors but has decided to forcefully take over the 1st floor which is mine. I called the Pastor severally to warn him to stay clear of my floor because if he has an agreement to purchase my brother’s assets, such an agreement cannot be extended to encompass me, as we are separate individuals. He rebuffed all my warnings and continued renovation work on the house which he started without notifying me. I contacted several family members and some RCCG pastors to beckon on Pastor Segun to leave my property alone but to no avail. On July 3, 2018, after all pleas fell on deaf ears, I got my lawyer to write to Pastor Segun to stop work in and stay off my property. Still, he did not relent. He went ahead to fix floor tiles, install toilets and sinks, put up some windows. I figured it was best I install doors as he had taken the previous ones off. I bought 2 steel doors, bought materials for installation and paid workers to install them. On Sept 14, the workers got to my property, only to be mercilessly beaten by Pastor Segun and his thugs. The materials, including doors, bags of cement, bags of sand, blocks, tools and other were thrown outside the gate, where some have been taken by passers-by, and others still lie till today.
Being a Christian, I believed the issue could be resolved amicably and I instructed my lawyer to book a meeting with Pastor Segun to hear out the matter. They held a meeting on Sept 21, 2018, after which Pastor Segun brought up an expense list of over 30million naira with a 5million worth of damages included. He claims damages on the grounds that he planned to use my floor for a school and he has restructured the floor to suit that purpose (without my consent). At the meeting, Pastor Segun said he had spent 88million in the renovation of the whole building out of which I have to pay him over 30million for the renovation of my floor (which I never gave him permission to do) otherwise I have no option but to sell the floor to him.
On Oct. 4, 2018, after reporting the issue to the police, I decided to go ahead to install doors again. I bought materials and paid workers to carry out the job. On arrival, my workers discovered Pastor Segun has gone ahead to install his own doors on my floor, affirming his intent to usurp the property. Once again, Pastor Segun called upon his thugs to send my workers away and throw my materials outside the gate.
In light of all these, please Pastor Segun should be asked the following questions.
1. Has he ever had any agreement with me to purchase my property? If yes, when? Agreed price? Date of payment? Form of payment? Sale Agreement? Deed of Transfer?
2. Before he went ahead to start renovation work, did he inform me? Did he tell me the start and end date or the duration of the project? Did he notify me of the extent of work to be done? Did he obtain my consent to alter my floor plan? Did he seek my consent before destroying my BQ?
3. Pastor Segun should explain his intentions why he has refused to desist from working on my floor after being warned formally and informally to keep off the floor. I believe its all an attempt to extort money from me or forcefully make me give up the property to him.
4. The right Pastor Segun has to take over my property and bar my workers from gaining access to it. THE FLOOR IS LEGALLY MINE.
It seems unreasonable and unheard of, that, someone will spend 88million from the coffers of the church on a building that has not been purchased by the church. It is possible Pastor Segun could have made fraudulent presentations/misrepresentations to the church to have such money released to him for his own personal interests, as this still baffles me. I am pleading with the church to beckon on Pastor Segun to leave my property alone and refrain from using his thugs to beat up every worker I send to my property.
I humbly await on the G.O. and the pastors and elders in the church to intervene in the issue and restore my confidence in the church as I believe his intervention in this matter will be with the wisdom of King Solomon.
Thank you.
Your humble RCCG member.

(1) (Reply)

Imagine If Hushpuppy Had Mentioned MNK - Eedris Abdulkarem[pics] / Hakeem Baba-Ahmed: We'll Only Support Candidate With Will To Tackle Insecurity / IMO 2023: Aisha Abubakar Achonu May Become The First Fulani First Lady In East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.