Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) (34418 Views)

Dot In A Circle: Enyinnaya Abaribe Wearing 'The Dot Nation' T-Shirt (Photos) / Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" / DSS: How We Rescued Chido Onumah From Intended Mob Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by Montracine: 6:18am On Sep 30, 2019
Real reason DSS arrested, released Chido Onumah

Sunday evening said he was told that his arrest was because he wore a shirt with the inscription: ‘We Are All Biafrans.’

The news of the Arrest Of Journalist , Chido Onumah, by men of the Department of State Service (DSS) on Sunday unsettled the media space and Vanguard can now confirm the real reason the author of the book, We Are All Biafrans was arrested and released after hours.

Upon arrival at Abuja airport 4pm on Sunday, Onumah spent sometime clearing his luggage and was expected to have dinner with a friend. He was waiting to confirm the venue of his appointment when a DSS official walked up to him, flashed his ID card and told him he was to be questioned in connection with a planned protest.

Onumah, who was wearing a T-shirt with the inscription, WE ARE ALL BIAFRANS, which happened to be the title of his new book, was led to the DSS office at Central Abuja.
During interrogation, he was asked why he was holding a Nigerian passport and he confidently replied that “I am Nigerian.”

The DSS officials queried why he was putting on the vest with the inscription, which he answered by telling them that was the titled of his new book. Onumah further told the DSS officials that he had more vests in his bag with the same inscription and won’t hesitate to wear either of them after leaving.

According to source, while at the DSS office, Onumah was reading a book while the officials ran a check on his profile. “That was when they discovered that he was more Nigerian as anyone can be.

“They (DSS) now told him (Onumah) that there was an intel they got about some people who were trying to cause unrest and he was picked because of the inscription on his shirt. They told him his shirt’s inscription could trigger an unrest and after much dilly daily, He Was Allowed To Take His Leave ,” the source said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/real-reason-dss-arrested-released-chido-onumah/

6 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 30, 2019
Lolzzz

Nigeria and the fear of Biafra....
lolzzz

284 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by sweetonugbu: 6:31am On Sep 30, 2019
Why are the Nigerian security apparatus afraid of Biafra?.

242 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by Idsoft: 6:50am On Sep 30, 2019
Lol, the fear Biafra that the don't give a fvck about boko haram n bandits

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by Successdude(m): 6:55am On Sep 30, 2019
shamecurls:

okay
Yes

17 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by shamecurls(m): 6:57am On Sep 30, 2019
Successdude:
Yes

Go for an HiV/AIDS test.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by Successdude(m): 7:00am On Sep 30, 2019
shamecurls:

Go for an HiV/AIDS test.

I said it : you have multiplied in it.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 30, 2019
Hmm
Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by kross01(m): 7:35am On Sep 30, 2019
That is how they abduct people without a trace and their loved ones will be frantically searching for them. I know if not for this man's identity, they probably would have denied being responsible while the guy might be languishing in some underground cell. Nigeria my country

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:48am On Sep 30, 2019
You cannot stop a dream whose time has come.Dear Nigeria government Korea government did more than this, Sudan government did more than this,but now what happened.

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by bestman09(m): 8:04am On Sep 30, 2019
sad
Biafra is an ideology which can never be wished away. Every Easterner is a biafran, including those that live in denials (those that get crumbs from the government and political office holders). Whether the combatants and non combatants. It must surely be actualized one day. The only thing that some of us are against is using violence and bloodshed to get it.

nagoma:

The chest beaters again. If there was a referendum today less than 5% of Igbos would chose separation.

Just look at what happened when Arewa youths asked for separation. Instead of jubiliating and requesting for a committee and a timetable, their leaders wore red caps and went to every northern governor and every Emir begging to stay.
This is not about chest-beating. Every igbo man, even the ones that will be born tomorrow knows that he is a Biafran. What some of us, the non-combatants want is a peaceful referendum, not violence. Biafra is in the blood. It is not been forced on anyone. The Arewa youths you quoted above were thirsty for blood and as I said earlier, there are some of us that don't want any blood to be spilled for the cause of Biafra, our motherland.

ConqueredWest:

Do you think Nigerians are ready for a peaceful secession of Biafra.?

It is your kind that has bewitched Kanu from doing the needful in getting Biafra on time.

Nobody bewitched anyone. We are all fighting for the same goal but from different angles. The young and hot blooded ones want it today, but we older ones knows that the battle is not for the strong. Wisdom profited everything. Whether Nigeria is ready to give Biafra freedom or not, time shall tell. We know that freedom is not given on a platter of gold. Pharoah never wanted to leave the Isrealites but when God stepped in, he had no choice. There are many ways to kill a rat. The secret battle may end up been the most potent. Like i said earlier, God will give us victory without spilling of blood.
nagoma:

Please read my comments again. If you really and truly wanted Biafra[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] that was the time to request for timetable and peaceful separation. The timetable could cover one or even five years for committees to be formed, all assets to be moved and all compensations to be paid and agreements on future relationships to be made. I have not seen any of this line of thought by the Igbos and there was no evidence of violence with the northern youths during that time.
I want you to search and look at the video of the destruction of Nigeria’s embassy in Dakar Senegal by Igbo youths 6 years ago.The building was attacked , windows and seats shattered , cars at car parks vandalized and the Nigerian flag brought down and torn to pieces. When you watch that video, come back and tell me who is violent in this matter. Why is it so difficult to reason with you guys? Many of us truly share your ambition of a separate country , we are with you and we want you to have Biafra. The war was a mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpgNXBKLtxA

You sound funny. If we really and truly wanted Biafra? So because the Arewa youths who were tasty for blood gave an ultimatum, we should request for time table and peaceful separation? So what have we been demanding over the years? War and fighting before we separate? Do you know the efforts that have been put into the struggle, both internationally and locally? The financial and human resources? Let me not expose things which are not meant to be exposed. Like i said earlier, every Igbo man, even the one that will be born tomorrow knows that he is a biafran. That youths attacked Nigerian Embassy in Senegal is an isolated case. Don't forget that Nigerian mess is frustrating everyone.

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by hisexcellency34: 8:04am On Sep 30, 2019
Please where can I get the Jersey? Dem go arrest till dem tire

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by Bukayot: 8:05am On Sep 30, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by millionboi2: 8:05am On Sep 30, 2019
Hahahaha

DSS b like come wat are you up to?
Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by tfelicityk(m): 8:05am On Sep 30, 2019
Smiling

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:06am On Sep 30, 2019
But they released you. A rastafarian that wears that kind of vest is in soup cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by baratech: 8:06am On Sep 30, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by Dagah2: 8:06am On Sep 30, 2019
Nigeria can be one with Biafra, Odua and Arewa republics. Let the regions just get more pronounced, this way each region and it's people will be in healthy competition with the others. When you have good roads in A, the government of B will take cue and upgrade theirs: if they don't her people will take A as yardstick and revolt against her leaders...but will parasitism as obtainable in the current Nigerian setting permit it?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by bbamusa: 8:07am On Sep 30, 2019
Montracine:
Real reason DSS arrested, released Chido Onumah

Sunday evening said he was told that his arrest was because he wore a shirt with the inscription: ‘We Are All Biafrans.’

The news of the Arrest Of Journalist , Chido Onumah, by men of the Department of State Service (DSS) on Sunday unsettled the media space and Vanguard can now confirm the real reason the author of the book, We Are All Biafrans was arrested and released after hours.

Upon arrival at Abuja airport 4pm on Sunday, Onumah spent sometime clearing his luggage and was expected to have dinner with a friend. He was waiting to confirm the venue of his appointment when a DSS official walked up to him, flashed his ID card and told him he was to be questioned in connection with a planned protest.

Onumah, who was wearing a T-shirt with the inscription, WE ARE ALL BIAFRANS, which happened to be the title of his new book, was led to the DSS office at Central Abuja.
During interrogation, he was asked why he was holding a Nigerian passport and he confidently replied that “I am Nigerian.”

The DSS officials queried why he was putting on the vest with the inscription, which he answered by telling them that was the titled of his new book. Onumah further told the DSS officials that he had more vests in his bag with the same inscription and won’t hesitate to wear either of them after leaving.

According to source, while at the DSS office, Onumah was reading a book while the officials ran a check on his profile. “That was when they discovered that he was more Nigerian as anyone can be.

“They (DSS) now told him (Onumah) that there was an intel they got about some people who were trying to cause unrest and he was picked because of the inscription on his shirt. They told him his shirt’s inscription could trigger an unrest and after much dilly daily, He Was Allowed To Take His Leave ,” the source said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/real-reason-dss-arrested-released-chido-onumah/
why would you foolishly say we are all Biafrans.... not everybody is Biafra mind you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by engrkaz(m): 8:07am On Sep 30, 2019
Have u done urs? Maybe u need a follow up test
shamecurls:

Go for an HiV/AIDS test.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by Biritiko: 8:07am On Sep 30, 2019
You should be jailed too! Idiotic pig of Biafra terrorist!

3 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by Royalfurnitures: 8:07am On Sep 30, 2019
They arrested you for wearing a T-shirt with a harmless inscription yet ask us to pray for fulani herdsmen armed to the teeth

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices

10 Likes

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by NwaAmaikpe: 8:08am On Sep 30, 2019
shocked
Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by AJIBOLA840: 8:08am On Sep 30, 2019
Igbo illiterate people come and be spewing trash here.

So because he wear biafran nonsense means that he cannot be arrested again or he cannot commit sin anymore

Smh

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by IamAtikulate: 8:08am On Sep 30, 2019
To send Nigeria to panic mode. Just shout BIAFRA!!!!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by famzynet: 8:09am On Sep 30, 2019
We are all Biafrans. This jersey and book will sell oooooo. Let me go and look for the jersey and wear. Waiting for DSS to come and arrest. They go arrest tire.

By the way,Biafra is an ideology,a culture and people. The government will be fighting air if they ever think they can suppress Biafra. The civil war and the oppression of Biafrans is an ideology that will be passed to generations yet unborn. Biafra is the hope of an average Igbo man and that is why you see they have given up on Nigeria.Only the longthroats saboteurs still participate in federal politics. Any sensible person knows Nigeria is not working. South Easterners feel like the Israelites who were enslaved in Egypt for years but Biafra is the hope that one day,God will intervene and they will break free from the enslaver called Nigeria.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by MoIbrahim: 8:10am On Sep 30, 2019
Good or bad, united or disunited, Nigeria is a country that has a constitution. And as it stands right now Biafra is unconstitutional. Ask any frank lawyer behind closed doors, even if he is Igbo.

sweetonugbu:
Why are the Nigerian security apparatus afraid of Biafra?.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chido Onumah: DSS Arrested Me For Wearing 'We Are All Biafrans' T-shirt (Photos) by AsowebDesigns: 8:10am On Sep 30, 2019
Following

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi Seals Dangote Cement Factory Over Tax Evasion, Debt (Pictures) / Tinubu Did Not Sign His INEC Forms EC 13A & EC9 Forms - Gazette (Photos) / Police Take Over APC National Secretariat In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.