Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark (7486 Views)

We’re Still Searching For Fighter Jet That Went Missing About 6 Months Ago – NAF / We’ve To Stop Herdsmen From Roaming Around, Says Presidency / We’re Still After National Assembly Mace Snatchers — Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by jarawa: 5:39am On Oct 01, 2019
An elder statesman and former minister of information, Chief Edwin Clark, said there is nothing to celebrate about Nigeria’s 59th independence anniversary. Clark, who spoke with Daily Trust in a telephone interview yesterday, said many countries which got independence the same time with Nigeria were more advanced.

He said though Nigeria remained one as a country, it was divided along religious, ethnic and other lines, adding that all hands must be on deck to end the challenges bedevilling the nation. “We have to be happy that we are still together; we are alive. But with regards to the progress we have made so far, I can say that there is nothing to celebrate because we are lagging behind. “Other countries that got independence at the same time with us are more advanced. We are the largest country in Africa, and there is no reason we should not advance.

“In the First Republic, we were making progress. There were three regions; the North, the West and the East. The three regions were working at their own pace. We had so much development going on in the country. There was no division. “So, if today we restructure this country, I think we will be back to the 1963 situation where we had a federal system of government with fiscal federalism. So that is my position. “Today, there is no much progress; the states are not developing. We have a situation where you have over 10 million out-of-school children. The federal government has taken over agriculture but they are not making any headway.

They have taken over free primary and secondary education; these are jobs for state governments. “So, as far as I am concerned, we are behind other countries. Today, we are the capital of poverty in the world; it’s a disgrace to us. But we thank God we are together though we are divided by religion and ethnicity. So, actually we have nothing to celebrate,” Clark said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/weve-to-be-happy-that-were-still-together-edwin-clark.html

1 Like

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by ContentedK: 6:18am On Oct 01, 2019
Now I believe that this shameless old fools are all under an evil oath to keep supporting this evil contraption by always spewing trash. One Nigeria my left foot, what’s one about this demonic shiithole. Nigeria is already coming to an end..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by dracosith(m): 6:21am On Oct 01, 2019
It’s actually a sad thing that we are together. I wish the oil leaves the south and appears in the north, perhaps Pharoah and his people would let us go. SMH

1 Like

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Citytrend: 6:38am On Oct 01, 2019
One Love guys!
Please let's Focus on the Topic. No need fighting ourselves here when the Money Bags are in their Sitting Rooms Watching CNN. Because they do not even watch Your Local TV stations, let alone your fight here

Anyway, l will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by gidgiddy: 6:40am On Oct 01, 2019
Why should we be happy to be together? Even Lugard who brought us together is turning in his grave for bringing us together

The unity of Nigeria has only led to being porverty capital of the world

3 Likes

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by arantess: 6:40am On Oct 01, 2019
We should be happy because you guys are benefitting from the Lugards contraption.
At least sha he concurred that we have nothing to celebrate
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Binikingdowm: 6:41am On Oct 01, 2019
ContentedK:
Now I believe that this shameless old fools are all under an evil oath to keep supporting this evil contraption by always spewing trash. One Nigeria my left foot, what’s one about this demonic shiithole. Nigeria is already coming to an end..
oga no one is forcing you people to stay in Nigeria.

If you want out, tell your political leaders to aggitate for it, it won't take 4 years for it to be granted

3 Likes

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:41am On Oct 01, 2019
dracosith:
It’s actually a sad thing that we are together. I wish the oil leaves the south and appears in the north, perhaps Pharoah and his people would let us go. SMH

No Pharaoh is holding Nigeria back. It is the stupid citizenry who watch BBN and premier league as a form of escapism that have imprisoned themselves and doomed their future.

5 Likes

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Binikingdowm: 6:42am On Oct 01, 2019
gidgiddy:
Why should we be happy to be together? Even Lugard who brought us together is turning in his grave for bringing us together

The unity of Nigeria has only led to being porverty capital of the world
where do you think your tribe would have been if the British didn't came?

1 Like

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Offpoint: 6:42am On Oct 01, 2019
Contact me today for your graphics needs at 50% discount.... Independence Bonanza

0705 451 5809
Whatsapp only
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Truthbites: 6:43am On Oct 01, 2019
We ain't happy..we don't want to be together with backward people. Cos u will never progress
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Dadaboy: 6:43am On Oct 01, 2019
Fuxk you Lord luggard

There is no such thing as One Nigeria one way or the other and there will never be

If you are learned and smart enough you can tell Nigeria should disintegrate at least into Northern and southern Nigeria if not more for things to work out rightly

Nothing is well achieved without Unity

2 Likes

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Exc2000: 6:44am On Oct 01, 2019
angry
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by arantess: 6:44am On Oct 01, 2019
Binikingdowm:
All these ethnic and tribal jingoists, face the topic and shun tribalism

7 Likes

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by wengerjay(m): 6:44am On Oct 01, 2019
We are celebrating the holiday and not the country Sir.
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Truthbites: 6:44am On Oct 01, 2019
Binikingdowm:

Is this a relevant question Sir?

2 Likes

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Irohjohnpaulc(m): 6:46am On Oct 01, 2019
we will surely divide insha Allah
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by ContentedK: 6:47am On Oct 01, 2019
Binikingdowm:
oga no one is forcing you people to stay in Nigeria.

If you want out, tell your political leaders to aggitate for it, it won't take 4 years for it to be granted
shut up and face front

3 Likes

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by gidgiddy: 6:47am On Oct 01, 2019
Binikingdowm:

The British coming was not the problem. The British coming to bring us all together, that was the whole problem

3 Likes

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Binikingdowm: 6:49am On Oct 01, 2019
gidgiddy:

The British coming was not the problem. The British coming to bring us all together, that was the whole problem
so your ethnic group wanted a separate country without any other tribes in it?
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Urchman200: 6:50am On Oct 01, 2019
Binikingdowm:
u need to go back to school first before coming on social media to write rubbish ok.

2 Likes

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by AreaFada2: 6:51am On Oct 01, 2019
ContentedK:
If he said otherwise DDS will pick him up for treason.

What do you expect? Read between the lines.
Not that I support him in any other way. He's among those who gained everything from Nigeria but gave nothing back since left FG information minister position.
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Tumbulum: 6:54am On Oct 01, 2019
We should be praying to disintegrate. There is nothing to celebrate.

1 Like

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 01, 2019
Happy birthday to me !!!.

1 Like

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Coolbreeze1988(m): 6:58am On Oct 01, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

No Pharaoh is holding Nigeria back. It is the stupid citizenry who watch BBN and premier league as a form of escapism that have imprisoned themselves and doomed their future.
What are you saying Oga? Americans no dey watch premier league ni? Watch what you say sir pls its to early for this
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 01, 2019
Together for your pocket.
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Emmasnoop(m): 7:02am On Oct 01, 2019
One of the problem of Nigeria.
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Godsonjoe: 7:04am On Oct 01, 2019
Why is everyone talking about unity and togetherness? nizooeria my foot, timebomb of nizooeria is nigh
Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Rickyzagy: 7:05am On Oct 01, 2019
Are you happy to be a Nigerian?
Have you prove it?

1 Like

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by Fragility6: 7:05am On Oct 01, 2019
Says the saint that has Abandoned mansions in states across nigeria he only visits once a year but they are heavily guarded by soldiers. There is one here in my state Delta. If he really loved nigeria ,d money wasted in these houses would have been beta invested in the lives of youths.

P.S: Am not celebrating buhari either. I resent him more but some of our politicians are hiding under the misfortunes of the FG thereby becomimg immune to blames. Fayose,Saraki,Amaechi,fayose,Dino,Tinubu,lawmakers etc. These men are heartless,greedy,inhumane. Considering the economic situation ,they are still milking us. In d case of fayose n saraki,they milked and were terrible why in power. What did saraki do sef dat he is celebrated.

1 Like

Re: We’ve To Be Happy That We’re Still Together — Edwin Clark by GrandHype: 7:06am On Oct 01, 2019
Real

Learn everything you need to know about digital marketing free.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bukhari Bello Is New INEC Boss / Man Jailed 5yrs For Stealing Gold Earrings / Budget Padding: Indicted Ministry Officials Posted To Cash Office - The Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.