Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. (13543 Views)

One Direction Member Liam Payne Buys 5.1mn Pounds Home / Onyeka Onwenu Song! / Hottest!9ice Is Engaged To Toni Payne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by chiogo(f): 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2010
olojoro Yesterday at 6:49pm:
"Nigerian Journalists are some of the best in the world. . . . " - Onyeka Onwenu
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Haha, I thought that was funny too. LMAO.

Ok @topic, I'm so lost here,  I remember the 9ice guy got married some time ago but what's the beef about? Someone please enlighten me.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Nov 04, 2010
eldee:

You seem to forget that it's not shameful if people didn't find out and the only reason it's a big issue is because 9ice released a song bout it.
In his refusal to deny it, and his song . . . he's done enough to bring shame on the child whether she did it or not.

And yeah, Nas has denied that the thing ever happened in many interviews.

9ice released the track when he was still with Payne and 9ice even said the track wasnt about her. On ruggeds phone call he said it

What more do you want 9ice to do NitoriOlorun!!!!!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by slimshay(m): 6:20pm On Nov 04, 2010
1. This letter or what not only serves one person: Azuka, didn't even know jack about her before today.

2. Eldee, I don knw you tey for NL, but even as you are putting forth rational argument, they are coming outta ya a$$. Who will ever have time to make music if all they did was sit in front of cameras to explain the meaning of the words in verse 2 line 6. Jeez!!!!

Like I once said this is the type of mentality that make illiterate, jobless women and in some cases men, start stoning or insulting Joke Silva because they saw her poison Olu Jacobs in 'Marital Love' or wateva.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by Dotman01(m): 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2010
eldee:

And yeah, Nas has denied that the thing ever happened in many interviews.
. . . . Good. . . But nas didnt call jay z to record the convo and postin it to the internet 4 everyone . . . Naaah!!. . . Thats d big difference.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by Bobajo(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2010
I believe Onyeka should be using her precious time taking care of the multiple kids she had for different men, and leave 9ice and Toni Payne alone, maybe she wants Toni Payne to be like her too, having 5 kids for 5 different men      

how could you say dis to a wonderful lady like onyeka,i think you learn to respect your elders.

@leleri, this is fallacious reasoning at its best (or worst).  What, pray does 'how could you say dis to a wonderful lady like onyeka, ' to do with the assertion that Onyeka has 5 kids for 5 different men.  Your response should be to ask/or find out if the assertion is true or false, and not dodge the issue and appeal to our emotions.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by waypavers: 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2010
[b]@ Mr Eldee
9ice didn't hold a PRESS CONFERENCE. He only released a statement to the press via his publicist which I didn't support in any way.
However, Ruggedman was the silly id*ot , rumours will always be there. He has been around for sometime and should know such things are not new, People will talk! He could just have released a statement which will distant him for such allegation. Even Toni payne acknowledged it was a dumb move.

did anyone snatch psquare's girlfriend-omoge mi?
Did Maye hunta sleep with the house help- Ekaette?

If you are able to answer NO to the above questions then no ONE  should blame 9ice.Songs could be fictional,so why ruggedman dey worry hin head, and yeah, only shallow minded people could have concluded the song was meant for his wife.Even thogh the ex-wife confirmed she was cooking when 9ice and cabassa recorded the song which was long before they divorced,

Tuface was linked to the scandal, as well as others, nobody took that drastic measure, Rumours will die with time! or u think coming out to deny the whole thing could have convinced people? Hell NO, People will always be people, They will probably say  he wants to protect the mother of his child, If I were to be Toni Payne, as a bad fast sharp guy, invite city people, vogue, grant them interview, make it clear the song wasn't for me, tell them more abt my business and THEY PAY ME! quick thinking! This will in turn make her more likeable by the general public instead of going gaga on twitter, do good or bad, people will talk about u![/b]
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by eldee(m): 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2010
slimshay:

2. Eldee, I don knw you tey for NL, but even as you are putting forth rational argument, they are coming outta ya a$$. Who will ever have time to make music if all they did was sit in front of cameras to explain the meaning of the words in verse 2 line 6. Jeez!!!!

Like I once said this is the type of mentality that make illiterate, jobless women and in some cases men, start stoning or insulting Joke Silva because they saw her poison Olu Jacobs in 'Marital Love' or wateva.

You don't get it, it's gone bigger than the song now . . . it's no more the 'Did Usher impregnate a chic like he said in Confessions' matter anymore.
This has given birth to a rumour that's now being used as evidence in press trials.

You can't compare it to acting and the 'Omoge mi' song anymore, it now has a life and this is bad for 9ice' ex-wife, his friend and most importantly his child.
Your words in songs shouldn't be taken serious, but this has . . . you have to remedy it, and silence just doesn't cut it.
It's the same way Jay-Z had to come out to kill the Illuminati rumours and how Eminem had to collabo with Elton John to prove that he wasn't homophobic, this one thing will not hurt him but not doing it is hurting a lot of people.

I'm not good at moral debates, but please see where I'm coming from.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by eldee(m): 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2010
dayokanu:

9ice released the track when he was still with Payne and 9ice even said the track wasnt about her. On ruggeds phone call he said it

What more do you want 9ice to do NitoriOlorun!!!!!

I don't want anything from 9ice anymore, I just think he's a coward and an egotistical one at that . . . imagine that ingrate saying his fans are stupid??
If it took sumn like a bugged call to make you admit sumn so harmless and handle your marriage matters internally, then he should be ashamed of himself.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Nov 04, 2010
9ice like a reasonable person doesnt give himself to rumour mills and probably has better things to focus on. Like he said.

9ice said " Shey na dat kain thing I go dey use my head think about, Abeg I get better things to do. I dey tell you "Oh Ah" no be you.

What ELSE DO PEOPLE WANT 9ice to do.

It was until this became an issue for ruggedman that he had to say anything. Why would any human bother about silly rumours.

When rugged sought clarification, 9ice clarified that it has nothing to do with him.

If Toni Payne is bothered she should go to the press and say her own part of how she didnt flute.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by slimshay(m): 8:38pm On Nov 04, 2010
Eldee I'm browsing from fone hence cut n paste. But I will implore you to dissect this line and review your opinion:

If it took sumn like a bugged call to make you admit sumn so harmless and handle your marriage matters internally.

Isn't keeping silent and not making a public mess of things trying to handle things internally? All that until Rugged felt the need to record a fone convo? And pray has the fone convo dispelled rumors. On the contrary it even served as a confirmation to some people. That after 9ice made an unscripted clear denial? So pray, Eldee, what will have been achieved by facing cameras reading scripted words?

I repeat 9ice handled took the right option. Keep shut let it blow over.

About Jayz and Em, are you having a laff. JayZ is still Illuminati and Em still hates f@gg0ts. Sorry, sorry na rumor. Abegi, people steal believe it well, denial ko.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by nimsy(m): 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2010
I consider the attack of Dr. Reuben Abati, as unwarranted and malicious. Onyeka Onwenu should not have drawn other journalists on her "hate list" into this matter. So, I stand up for the respected Dr. Abati, and totally condemn the attack on his personality, and ask that her statement be withdrawn, else , We take her case to God!!!!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by texazzpete(m): 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2010
Veteran or not, Onyeka Onwenu came across as something of a pompous twit. What's with all the blathering on and on about people trying to 'pull women down'?

The excerpt of her conversation with Azuka even supports my point. You call someone up who doesn't know you, the person has a right to ask, nay DEMAND, how you got the number. And that isn't rude.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by Bamsyle2(m): 12:00am On Nov 05, 2010
Some of these journalists need to be slapped hard in the face until they learn how not to practice journalism . . . venting personal beef all in the name of journalism . . . a lot of stories we read about these celebs usually stem from some kind of beef or the other . . . and using press power to send cheap jabs is a very s[/i]tupi[i]d move . . .

Most of these 'journalists' must really think their readers are very daft . . . like who doesn't know that the bad press the likes of Stella Damasus, Mercy Johnson, etc have had lately is due to bad blood?? Most times, the offences these celebs commit against some journalists range from being too beautiful, sexy or talented, to mundane things like not greeting them early enough at events . . . there are some folks you don't even need to read anything new from to know you ought to pan 'em - editors/publishers of shitty magz like The Enquirer ought to have a hot rod shoved up their a[/i]rs[i]e.

How best to deal with the Press is to keep quiet . . . asking 9ice or anyone in his shoes to go defend sumn that'll still get outta hand anyway is like advising someone who has tasted excreta to avoid stepping on it . . . of what good would a press conference do?? Peops will always believe what they wanna whilst you shout yourself hoarse over nutin.

Respect to both dudes but 9ice has been doing the right thing (keeping quiet) whilst Rugged must have thought he was being smart with that bugged convo move. Well, turned out he was really daft.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by belingo2: 1:58am On Nov 05, 2010
so i have read all the comments here and it's amazing how some pple are saying 9ice does not need to clear the air. May i point out that 9ice released a press statement saying he was seperated from his wife. Now as fans, we all were furious about what must have warranted their seperation and we were all eager to know. then came tradition album which was released december and press statement released january. before you knew it people who had bought the album and have listened to it started with, "go and listen to once bitten twice shy"-u will find the answer, Gbam!! the rumour started Toni payne was sleeping with 2face, ruggedman et all. Toni seeing the damage the song is causing her called 9ice to cleas the air and his response was "I will busy i will do it"-if u follow these people on facebook and on tweeter u would know what i'm talking about. not only was it affecting Toni it was also affecting Ruggedman. some of us here are quick to castigate these two because we don't wear their shoes and we don't know were it hurts. 9ice is smiling to the bank constantly leaving the mother of his only child and friend to suffer emotionally. ruggedman called 9ice up to try to clear the air-if we listen carefully o the conversation ruggedman informed 9ice that his own mom is worried about the rumour going around, so it's not affecting ruggedman but his family as well and fans. just the same way some of 9ice fans are hurt that is wife with the believe that Toni slept with ruggedman. ya it was dumb for ruggedman to have recorded their conversation but what do u do when u have used up all ur resources to try to clear ur name personally? in the conversation u see the charactr 9ice is-he's not all that 9ice! he was verbally aggressive! ok that being said, what must have aggravated 9ice to release a diss track? that ruggedman truly slept with his wife all that the recorded conversation actually proved that ruggedman was innocent? in the song we here 9ice using coarse language like bastard?? and now he has a video for that coming soon! my question is that the video u want the kids to see on TV-u swearing that a fellow artist?? ok so some of here went gaga saying ruggedman would not reply seeing that he has not replied to death blow, ruggedman suprised us--gbam!! he released is own diss song as well. so my question is 9ice can not ask his publiscist to release a statment to clear the air but he has time to compose a diss song and shoot a video?? please u guys shoud think and be honest, like really i am a fan of 9ice but i think this has got to the extreme!! whatever happened be it she actually slept with ruggedman which i don't believe 9ice should have atleast provided that one favour from Toni payne by clearing the air. if not for anything but for the fact that that girl helped u from grass to grace. I knew 9ice through Toni payne i mean she almost choked us all on facebook trying the promote 9ice, designing gongo aso tee and all. that Azuka girl saying TP i a groupie because she want the "celebrity' status are u serious?? when TP started with 9ice nobody i mean nobody knew 9ice-from where? i belt she has magic powers to know that Mr. 9ice would blow someday and then went ahead with the relationship. if TP took war on twitter that means she has had enough!!! and for 9ice to have responded to her via tweeter means he's a douche bag! i mean how many men exchange words with women?? i laughed when 9ice said "since u have decided to come at me in public i am going to reply u-like really? when u released the press statement u didn't know that was public?? like they say "if u like use a gallon of palm oil to cook for a cat, the cat excreter will still be black! so 9ice if we like take u away from bariga u bushness and ignorance still remains-it does not change. TP next time before u use ur device with any man pls think twice if this man will actually have u back in cases like this. Hence, another RAIN DROPS!!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by belingo2: 2:05am On Nov 05, 2010
pls ignore the typo and grammatical errors, heheheeee coz i know some pple will focus on that on not the,
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by oddy4real(m): 3:31am On Nov 05, 2010
belingo2:

so i have read all the comments here and it's amazing how some pple are saying 9ice does not need to clear the air. May i point out that 9ice released a press statement saying he was seperated from his wife. Now as fans, we all were furious about what must have warranted their seperation and we were all eager to know. then came tradition album which was released december and press statement released january. before you knew it people who had bought the album and have listened to it started with, "go and listen to once bitten twice shy"-u will find the answer, Gbam!! the rumour started Toni payne was sleeping with 2face, ruggedman et all. Toni seeing the damage the song is causing her called 9ice to cleas the air and his response was "I will busy i will do it"-if u follow these people on facebook and on tweeter u would know what i'm talking about. not only was it affecting Toni it was also affecting Ruggedman. some of us here are quick to castigate these two because we don't wear their shoes and we don't know were it hurts. 9ice is smiling to the bank constantly leaving the mother of his only child and friend to suffer emotionally. ruggedman called 9ice up to try to clear the air-if we listen carefully o the conversation ruggedman informed 9ice that his own mom is worried about the rumour going around, so it's not affecting ruggedman but his family as well and fans. just the same way some of 9ice fans are hurt that is wife with the believe that Toni slept with ruggedman. ya it was dumb for ruggedman to have recorded their conversation but what do u do when u have used up all your resources to try to clear your name personally? in the conversation u see the charactr 9ice is-he's not all that 9ice! he was verbally aggressive! ok that being said, what must have aggravated 9ice to release a diss track? that ruggedman truly slept with his wife all that the recorded conversation actually proved that ruggedman was innocent? in the song we here 9ice using coarse language like naughty person?? and now he has a video for that coming soon! my question is that the video u want the kids to see on TV-u swearing that a fellow artist?? ok so some of here went gaga saying ruggedman would not reply seeing that he has not replied to death blow, ruggedman suprised us--gbam!! he released is own diss song as well. so my question is 9ice can not ask his publiscist to release a statment to clear the air but he has time to compose a diss song and shoot a video?? please u guys shoud think and be honest, like really i am a fan of 9ice but i think this has got to the extreme!! whatever happened be it she actually slept with ruggedman which i don't believe 9ice should have atleast provided that one favour from Toni payne by clearing the air. if not for anything but for the fact that that girl helped u from grass to grace. I knew 9ice through Toni payne i mean she almost choked us all on facebook trying the promote 9ice, designing gongo aso tee and all. that Azuka girl saying TP i a groupie because she want the "celebrity' status are u serious?? when TP started with 9ice nobody i mean nobody knew 9ice-from where? i belt she has magic powers to know that Mr. 9ice would blow someday and then went ahead with the relationship. if TP took war on twitter that means she has had enough!!! and for 9ice to have responded to her via tweeter means he's a douche bag! i mean how many men exchange words with women?? i laughed when 9ice said "since u have decided to come at me in public i am going to reply u-like really? when u released the press statement u didn't know that was public?? like they say "if u like use a gallon of palm oil to cook for a cat, the cat excreter will still be black! so 9ice if we like take u away from bariga u bushness and ignorance still remains-it does not change. TP next time before u use your device with any man pls think twice if this man will actually have u back in cases like this. Hence, another RAIN DROPS!!

Phew! I am sick and tired of dealing with intellectually challenged people. Taking all that you have written into perspective, its a lots of talk and NO SUBSTANCE. Firstly, the issue of 9ice coming to clear the air on whatever is a done deal. You dont come out to defend whatever you might have said on a song. Now, tell me, of all the beef songs released all over the world that are seemingly used to get at some other musicians, how many musicians have you ever heard of coming out to defend whatever or whoever they were referring to in a song?? 9ice had no business defending anyone. People said 9ice was referring to 2face. 2 Face as a respectable and responsible star took iy in his strides, knowing that one has to pay such price for fame. Same as ID CABASA. But the attention seeking mofo LOGGEDMAN would have none of that as he saw the controversy as another way to relaunch his dead career and tellwhat kind of friend would go on and post a private convo he had with a supposed close friend on the internet??
And one last thing, 9ice to me has been patient enough and everything in life has its breaking limit. The moment the Lady TP wet on Twitter to attack him, he had to just do the same, remember that these stars are human beings are they also have human feelings.
As for MISS ONYEKA ONWENU, a MISS at the age of almost 70, she should just go into oblivion anmd enjoy the mone she made from singing for Abacha and GEJ. She is a failed woman herself, a harlot as a young lady. I remember an interview where she was asked who the FATHERS OF HER CHILDREN ARE She refused to talk. I think her character says it all; 5 children from 5 men no be moin-moin and in Law, we say RES IPSA LOQUITOR which means THE FACT SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.
I REST MY CASE
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by Igonih(m): 4:24am On Nov 05, 2010
Na wa o. Its a pity that being single and a woman in Nigeria still attracts insult. If you feel onyeka should be married at her age then recommend your father to marry her now? Or you yourself go and marry her. Abi women dey take rope tie men go alter? Every one has taste and choice if she felt that the men she met were not good enough to be husband then its her choice she never came crying to you about her being unmarried naw. She cannot marry like your mother who settled for "any man goes so people will not insult me".

As for her having 5 kids with 5 men, how many have you effed or have effed you even if you have no kid to show your sexual escapades it doesn't mean you have not eaten the forbidden fruit from more sexual partners than onyeka with her 5 kids from 5 fathers. That some get pregnant and feed their babies to the doctors septic tank doesn't mean they are better than those with babies and unmarried. I will marry a woman with 5 kids and 5 previous sexual partners than marry one with a history of 20 abortions and 50 sexual partners even if she has no child .
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by belingo2: 5:28am On Nov 05, 2010
Igonih:

Na wa o. Its a pity that being single and a woman in Nigeria still attracts insult. If you feel onyeka should be married at her age then recommend your father to marry her now? Or you yourself go and marry her. Abi women dey take rope tie men go alter? Every one has taste and choice if she felt that the men she met were not good enough to be husband then its her choice she never came crying to you about her being unmarried naw. She cannot marry like your mother who settled for "any man goes so people will not insult me".

As for her having 5 kids with 5 men, how many have you effed or have effed you even if you have no kid to show your sexual escapades it doesn't mean you have not eaten the forbidden fruit from more sexual partners than onyeka with her 5 kids from 5 fathers. That some get pregnant and feed their babies to the doctors septic tank doesn't mean they are better than those with babies and unmarried. I will marry a woman with 5 kids and 5 previous sexual partners than marry one with a history of 20 abortions and 50 sexual partners even if she has no child .

Gbam! u have spoken well, some people are not getting the msg Onyeku is trying to relate, rather they are busy discussing her private life, that is the problem! so what if she has kids from diff. men? it is better to be alone and sane than to be in an abusive relationship/marriage and be insane, for most of u saying she has 5kids from diff. men i guess some of u pples parent have turned ur living room to a wrestling room!
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by dharmie(f): 6:06am On Nov 05, 2010
thank you Igonih and Belingo2. I agree with your last posts
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by fijiano202(m): 6:09am On Nov 05, 2010
Is oyeka oywenu silly or something,i dont think shes writing on behalf of toni payne,shes trying to publishize herself cos she has been forgotten,pls Honestly tell me,what sector in life doesnt have critics,these critics are part of our life,they make entertainment and journalism interesting,so why question them,even Toni payne doesnt care,Mama onyewu mind your own bussiness,AMEBO
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by boladez(m): 7:04am On Nov 05, 2010
I respect the Mother Hawk defending it's child posture of Onyeka , this shows the true African woman, unfortunately many of the younger generation do not understand this.

Quite a number of the posts here show the absolute degradation in our morals and culture. - Substance has been thrown out of the windows and all we see around are personal attacks. One referred to Onyeka having 5 kids from different men, yes that is her problem and past just like all of us have our own issues and live with bad decisions we have taken in the past. The pharisees in the bible are quick to sin and criticise othrs for commiting the same sins.

While I am not competent to discuss the marriage of Toni Payne cos I dont have the facts , I think the couple 9ice and Toni should be left alone to lick their wounds and heal from the painful breakup. The lazy Nigerian press should leave them and respect their privacy and concentrate on their professional careers.

I pray for God to heal the couple and their child from the effects of the break up.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by tkb417(m): 8:26am On Nov 05, 2010
In this situation where the law is not there to protect the citizens from the press, then the readers should be allowed to protect themselves from B.S.
How many times have I written to Kick Off to tell them they know nothing about football??

Why?? I'm a consumer.

Eldee, when next she buys This Day, let her skip Azukas column
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by tkb417(m): 8:32am On Nov 05, 2010
Its better to marry any man than have children for the goats and sheep in the society

As you can see, Madam's penchant for drawing unncessary attention to herself is reaping dividend on NL

we shall disect her past, present and future and email it to her

probably afterwards, when next they slap TP on the street, she'll take to her heels

and errrmm, did your mother have you and your siblings for men of different sizes and shapes?

her libido must be very high like that of Onyewu
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by spikedcylinder: 8:35am On Nov 05, 2010
To be honest, whilst I'll like to believe Toni didn't do anything, fact still remains that NOBODY WAS THERE.
It's a bit shameful to use this kind of dirty business for publicity stunts and to sell records and as I said earlier, Onyeka has no business getting involved in this mess. Next thing you know, you'll hear of a single titled 'Onyeka, shut up, I'm not listening' or some other BS like that. And after all her years in the business, it'll only take a little effort for these small boys to drag her and wash her like napkin. undecided
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by jawosin(m): 9:08am On Nov 05, 2010
NIGERIANS HAVE COME AGAIN O. MS. ONYEKA ONWENU HAS TWO KIDS BY THE SAME MAN (HER HUSBAND) SHE IS VERY MUCH MARRIED BUT CHOOSE TO HANG ON TO HER MAIDEN NAME BECAUSE IT WAS HER BRAND NAME. SHE RELAYS THIS IN MANY INTERVIEWS THAT HER TWO KIDS (BOYS) ARE SCHOOLING IN THE USA AND HER HUSBAND IS NOT AN IBO MAN. BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM ONE OF HER INTERVIEWS. LETS STOP MAKING UP STORIES TO BE NASTY.

"Does your tight schedule tell on your family ties, do you have time for your sons?
Not at all. My sons are everything to me, so they have my time and my attention always. Though, they school abroad, but we communicate more than somebody here in Nigeria.

Whenever they are on vacation, we are together. We travel together, cook together, watch TV and I try to know them better and they know me. I also have my nephew with me so they are three. Ibrahim, my second son, is just like my father. My first son is gentle and respectful.

They are both tender with women and have great respect for people. You know I look at them and say to myself that their wives would be the luckiest on earth because they have much respect and admiration for women. They are my critics, they give honest critique of my works and I respect them very much but they get disciplined too. "
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by oddy4real(m): 9:27am On Nov 05, 2010
jawosin:

NIGERIANS HAVE COME AGAIN O. MS. ONYEKA ONWENU HAS TWO KIDS BY THE SAME MAN (HER HUSBAND) SHE IS VERY MUCH MARRIED BUT CHOOSE TO HANG ON TO HER MAIDEN NAME BECAUSE IT WAS HER BRAND NAME. SHE RELAYS THIS IN MANY INTERVIEWS THAT HER TWO KIDS (BOYS) ARE SCHOOLING IN THE USA AND HER HUSBAND IS NOT AN IBO MAN. BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM ONE OF HER INTERVIEWS. LETS STOP MAKING UP STORIES TO BE NASTY.

"Does your tight schedule tell on your family ties, do you have time for your sons?
Not at all. My sons are everything to me, so they have my time and my attention always. Though, they school abroad, but we communicate more than somebody here in Nigeria.

Whenever they are on vacation, we are together. We travel together, cook together, watch TV and I try to know them better and they know me. I also have my nephew with me so they are three. Ibrahim, my second son, is just like my father. My first son is gentle and respectful.

They are both tender with women and have great respect for people. You know I look at them and say to myself that their wives would be the luckiest on earth because they have much respect and admiration for women. They are my critics, they give honest critique of my works and I respect them very much but they get disciplined too. "

Another paid puppet. It is an open secret that she doesnt have all her children from one man. Infact, in an interview with the Punch some years ago, she was asked who the father of her kids her and she said it is nobody's business. Another fact is, she NEVER married. She was rumoured to have a child for KSA even when they sang WAIT FOR ME TOGETHER.
Guy, tell yuor principal, MISS ONWENU that by interfering in the matter of young people, she is subjecting herself to thorough interrogation as we would all want to know about the private life and past of this self-glorifying-sexual-loose-jobless-puppet-sycophant is.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by hayo(m): 9:42am On Nov 05, 2010
Madam Onyeka sincerely has not right to do this. I think it should have been the other way round. Toni Payne as her publicist should be the one releasing press statements, etc. I think it is even a slap on the face of a top publicist when her client is now acting as her defender. What an irony.
Maybe it would have been better if madam went straight to talk about Toni Payne and not drag us to many years back to regrind axe with Journos who wronged her. I love her music and all, but I dislike the fact that she roped Abati into this case. Abati has his bad days a la the younger generation music saga but when it comes to talking about the unconstitutional and corruption ridden office of the first lady; madam abeg. Shebi she is a politician now, so should we expect a first man when she becomes governor smiley .

It is immoral for her to defend people like Maryam Babangida, Turai Yaradua and now Dame Jonathan. Abati doesn't come along as being chauvinistic, it is far from that. He was only stating the obvious about the institution that has caused many harms than good. So when someone releases such statements as madam has done; it is always sensible to stick to good points and not confuse issues. Anyways, it is not so surprising. I am not interested in her private affairs, I am only concerned about her stands i.e. always supporting the government of the day. In other climes, musicians such as her stand as the voice and conscience of the people. They sing to bring about change and not campaign for the Abachas of this world.

I hope hope the Eldee on NL is not the same Eldee that I respect so much. The man who sings with intellectual flavor attached to the lyrics and a swagger to die for smiley. If he is, I don't expect him to even comment on such a thread. You might say silence is not so golden; but hmmmm , our elders know what they are talking about. Leave it to people out of the industry to do all the analysis and what not.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by googles: 9:51am On Nov 05, 2010
hayo:

I hope hope the Eldee on NL is not the same Eldee that I respect so much. The man who sings with intellectual flavor attached to the lyrics and a swagger to die for smiley. If he is, I don't expect him to even comment on such a thread. You might say silence is not so golden; but hmmmm , our elders know what they are talking about. Leave it to people out of the industry to do all the analysis and what not.

ROTFL grin grin grin

Sho le fi Obasanjo shey chris brown
eldee the dunce sho le fi shey eldee the don grin
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by jawosin(m): 9:56am On Nov 05, 2010
@ ODDY4REAL
HOW AM I A PAID PUPPET. I AM BASING MINE ON FACTS FROM THE HORSES MOUTH. IF SHE SAID SHE DOES NOT WANT TO DISCUSS HER KIDS FATHER MAYBE ITS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO WILL THEN TAKE HER PRIVATE LIFE AND MAKE A CHERADE OF IT. EVERYONE KNOWS ONYEKA ONWENU HAS JUST TWO KIDS BY HER HUSBAND, SHE GOES TO MY CHURCH FOL SO I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SHE IS MARRIED AND SHE DOES NOT HIDE THE FACT THAT SHE IS MARRIED SO IF ONYEKA SAYS I AM MARRIED WITH TWO KIDS, WHO ARE YOU TO SAY SHE IS NOT? SO CUT THE BULLLSHIT HEARSAY, THEY SAID, SHE SAID, HE SAID. THIS PROBLEM IS WHAT SHE IS TRYING TO CURB. STATE FACTS AND PROOF ELSE YOU LOOK silly. I AM SURE IN THE FUTURE SOME  LIKE YOURSELF WILL ALSO SAY TONI PAYNE CHEATED ON NICE AND YOU KNOW ITS FACT (EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW NOTHING OF WHAT REALLY TRANSPIRED), BASED ON HERESAY,

EVEN THOUGH NICE HIMSELF TOLD CITY PEOPLE MAGAZINE AND SOME OTHER PUBLICATIONS THAT SHE WAS WAS FAITHFUL TO HIM, PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL STILL IGNORE THAT AND BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO JUSTIFY YOUR LOW LIVES. SHOULD I PULL UP MORE INTERVIEWS FOR YOU? BECAUSE YOUR LIFE IS MISRABLE DOESNT MEAN OTHERS HAVE TO BE TOO. I AM A BIG FAN OF NICE SO I HAVE FOLLOWED THIS STORY WORD FOR WORD DATE BY DATE AND PLAY BY PLAY. I CAN EVEN TELL YOU WHAT NICE WAS WEARING IN HIS TVC INTERVIEW WITH LABI WHERE HE SAID AND I QUOTE "ONCE BITTEN WAS FICTION, IT IS NOT ABOUT MY LIFE OR ABOUT MY WIFE" I ALSO HAVE A COPY OF THE CITY PEOPLE INTERVIEW IF YOU NEED ME TO QUOTE THAT TOO.

MY POINT IS ONLY LOW LIVES THRIVE ON GOSSIP AND NOT FACTS. EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING NICE NEVER ACCUSED HIS WIFE, IF NICE NEVER ACCUSED HIS WIFE THEN WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSES PROBLEM. ARE YOU PEOPLE SO JEALOUS OF NICE THAT YOU WISH HIM TO HAVE A CHEATING WIFE. NICE HAS TOLD YOU PEOPLE OVER AND OVER AGAIN HIS WIFE NEVER SLEPT WITH ANYONE ELSE, HIS WIFE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH RUGGED SO PLEASE WHY CANT YOU LEAVE NICE ALONE TO LIVE HIS LIFE AND LEAVE HIS WIFE ALONE TOO. SHOULD HE RUN AROUND THE MARKET WITH A TOWNCRIER SHOUTING MY WIFE DID NOT CHEAT BEFORE YOU LET HIM BE,. HOW MUCH AND HOW MANY MORE TIMES MUST HE DISCLAIM THE STORY FOR YOU ALL TO ACCEPT HIS WORD. IF YOU DONT KNOW ME, I AM THE BIGGEST NICE FAN SO YOU EPOPLE ARE IRRITATING ME WITH THIS STORY. THE MAN WITH THE WIFE SAID HIS WIFE NEVER CHEATED SO WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE FORCING ANOTHER STORY ON HIM. LET THEM BE, IT IS ENOUGH. YOU PEOPLE JUST WANT NICE TO LOOK BAD THAT HE IS ACCUSING HIS WIFE WHEN HE IS NOT.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by oddy4real(m): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2010
jawosin:

@ ODDY4REAL
HOW AM I A PAID PUPPET. I AM BASING MINE ON FACTS FROM THE HORSES MOUTH. IF SHE SAID SHE DOES NOT WANT TO DISCUSS HER KIDS FATHER MAYBE ITS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO WILL THEN TAKE HER PRIVATE LIFE AND MAKE A CHERADE OF IT. EVERYONE KNOWS ONYEKA ONWENU HAS JUST TWO KIDS BY HER HUSBAND, SHE GOES TO MY CHURCH FOL SO I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SHE IS MARRIED AND SHE DOES NOT HIDE THE FACT THAT SHE IS MARRIED SO IF ONYEKA SAYS I AM MARRIED WITH TWO KIDS, WHO ARE YOU TO SAY SHE IS NOT? SO CUT THE BULLLSHIT HEARSAY, THEY SAID, SHE SAID, HE SAID. THIS PROBLEM IS WHAT SHE IS TRYING TO CURB. STATE FACTS AND PROOF ELSE YOU LOOK silly. I AM SURE IN THE FUTURE SOME  LIKE YOURSELF WILL ALSO SAY TONI PAYNE CHEATED ON NICE AND YOU KNOW ITS FACT (EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW NOTHING OF WHAT REALLY TRANSPIRED), BASED ON HERESAY,

EVEN THOUGH NICE HIMSELF TOLD CITY PEOPLE MAGAZINE AND SOME OTHER PUBLICATIONS THAT SHE WAS WAS FAITHFUL TO HIM, PEOPLE LIKE YOU WILL STILL IGNORE THAT AND BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO JUSTIFY YOUR LOW LIVES. SHOULD I PULL UP MORE INTERVIEWS FOR YOU? BECAUSE YOUR LIFE IS MISRABLE DOESNT MEAN OTHERS HAVE TO BE TOO. I AM A BIG FAN OF NICE SO I HAVE FOLLOWED THIS STORY WORD FOR WORD DATE BY DATE AND PLAY BY PLAY. I CAN EVEN TELL YOU WHAT NICE WAS WEARING IN HIS TVC INTERVIEW WITH LABI WHERE HE SAID AND I QUOTE "ONCE BITTEN WAS FICTION, IT IS NOT ABOUT MY LIFE OR ABOUT MY WIFE" I ALSO HAVE A COPY OF THE CITY PEOPLE INTERVIEW IF YOU NEED ME TO QUOTE THAT TOO.

MY POINT IS ONLY LOW LIVES THRIVE ON GOSSIP AND NOT FACTS. EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING NICE NEVER ACCUSED HIS WIFE, IF NICE NEVER ACCUSED HIS WIFE THEN WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSES PROBLEM. ARE YOU PEOPLE SO JEALOUS OF NICE THAT YOU WISH HIM TO HAVE A CHEATING WIFE. NICE HAS TOLD YOU PEOPLE OVER AND OVER AGAIN HIS WIFE NEVER SLEPT WITH ANYONE ELSE, HIS WIFE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH RUGGED SO PLEASE WHY CANT YOU LEAVE NICE ALONE TO LIVE HIS LIFE AND LEAVE HIS WIFE ALONE TOO. SHOULD HE RUN AROUND THE MARKET WITH A TOWNCRIER SHOUTING MY WIFE DID NOT CHEAT BEFORE YOU LET HIM BE,. HOW MUCH AND HOW MANY MORE TIMES MUST HE DISCLAIM THE STORY FOR YOU ALL TO ACCEPT HIS WORD. IF YOU DONT KNOW ME, I AM THE BIGGEST NICE FAN SO YOU EPOPLE ARE IRRITATING ME WITH THIS STORY. THE MAN WITH THE WIFE SAID HIS WIFE NEVER CHEATED SO WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE FORCING ANOTHER STORY ON HIM. LET THEM BE, IT IS ENOUGH. YOU PEOPLE JUST WANT NICE TO LOOK BAD THAT HE IS ACCUSING HIS WIFE WHEN HE IS NOT.

Ideally, i try not to join issues with attention seeking and intellectually challenged people like you but for the sake of posterity, i have to set the records straight and take you to the cleaners where you belong

Firstly, i have taken a careful, cursory and concise perusal at your rants and i see nothing, absolutely nothing tangible to hold on to. Your arguments are bereft of logic and it leaves me wondering and seething in astonishment; if you attended a Secondary school at all, because you surely aint a product of a University and if indeed you are a graduate or an undergraduate, i can tell you without mincing words that the future of this country is bleak.

That apart, you said Onyeka Onwenu has two kids and she is married? Even my 4 year old sister knows that a married woman must be a MRS and in the eyes of the Law, she MUST change her maiden name ( IF YOU CAN READ, CHECK THE MATRIMONIAL CAUSES ACT ).
That aside, i am one of the biggest fans of 9ice and i want the best for me. So, all your talk me being jealous holds no water. I NEVER said Toni Payne cheated on 9Ice as well.

In conclusion, it is not hard to see that you find it very difficult understanding the basics of GRAMMAR which are READING, WRITING AND UNDERSTANDING. Your post is filled with grammatical and spelling errors enough to make a Primary 6 pupil take you to the cleaners. And one last thing, you are very very very ILLOGICAL. I am sure you are used to beer parlour arguments. Go to school, enroll in a departmentoif philosophy and then take the couse PHILOSOPHY AND LOGIC.
after whoever might have tutored you on the rudiments of Arguments and Logical thinking, then you can try to call me out.\
WE NO BE MATES.
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by tkb417(m): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2010
MY POINT IS ONLY LOW LIVES THRIVE ON GOSSIP AND NOT FACTS. EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING NICE NEVER ACCUSED HIS WIFE, IF NICE NEVER ACCUSED HIS WIFE THEN WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSES PROBLEM. ARE YOU PEOPLE SO JEALOUS OF NICE THAT YOU WISH HIM TO HAVE A CHEATING WIFE. NICE HAS TOLD YOU PEOPLE OVER AND OVER AGAIN HIS WIFE NEVER SLEPT WITH ANYONE ELSE, HIS WIFE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH RUGGED SO PLEASE WHY CANT YOU LEAVE NICE ALONE TO LIVE HIS LIFE AND LEAVE HIS WIFE ALONE TOO. SHOULD HE RUN AROUND THE MARKET WITH A TOWNCRIER SHOUTING MY WIFE DID NOT CHEAT BEFORE YOU LET HIM BE,. HOW MUCH AND HOW MANY MORE TIMES MUST HE DISCLAIM THE STORY FOR YOU ALL TO ACCEPT HIS WORD. IF YOU DONT KNOW ME, I AM THE BIGGEST NICE FAN SO YOU EPOPLE ARE IRRITATING ME WITH THIS STORY. THE MAN WITH THE WIFE SAID HIS WIFE NEVER CHEATED SO WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE FORCING ANOTHER STORY ON HIM. LET THEM BE, IT IS ENOUGH. YOU PEOPLE JUST WANT NICE TO LOOK BAD THAT HE IS ACCUSING HIS WIFE WHEN HE IS NOT
where are you from?

this thread is about Onyeka Onwenu and Azuka

kindly stop this ur megedefegede and lets have peace in here
Re: Onyeka Onwenu Stands Up For Toni Payne. by eldee(m): 11:50am On Nov 05, 2010
hayo:

You know why your elders said silence was the best answer?? Because they didn't make their money from being in the public eye.
It's because they didn't do press releases on everything that happens in their marriage after doing a track to say their wife was fluting their bet friend.
Silence from the onset is golden, but you don't shout at first and then resort to silence when it's more convinient.

And abeg cut your elder talk . . . they were people like you, only difference is that they lived in times when it was cool to trade their people for mirrors and lumps of sugar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MTV EMA 2019: Burna Boy Wins ‘Best Africa Act’ Award / Olamide - Confession Aiye [prod. By Samklef] / Where's Shabba Ranks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.