Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos (6617 Views)

Please, Which Business Can I Start With N250,000? / What Type Of Business Can I Do With N250,000? / What Business Can I Start With N250,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by qtx(m): 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2010
Dear Fellow Nlanders,
Pls help. My wife and i are a young couple struggling to make ends meet. I work somewhere with a fairly okay salary but my wife is still a part- timestudent. I have managed to save about N250,000 to setup a small biz for her to manage to support me which she is very much interested in too.
But the challenge here is that we dont really know what kind of biz to venture into. Am into I.T with vested interest in it. But she suggested we go into selling raw foods like rice, beans etc first based on retail and later we consider wholesale too. Although she has gone to gather d necessary info about the biz from some of her customers, I will appreciate your own advise or suggestions on the type of biz you think will be lucrative around here. Or do you think there is a future for these biz she suggested?
We stay around surulere in Lagos.
you comments will be highly appreciated.
thank you
Re: What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by thweraja10: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2010
Her suggestion is good, in the sense that selling raw foods in wholesale price like yam, yam flour, garri , etc. or palmoil and groundnut oil in wholesales. She will buy in large quantities from the farm either from the east or west and transport to Lagos. All she need do is get a very big store in a good location.

Or you can start a business center where you can make calls and sell recharge cards in whole sales and retail and you can also attach photocopy , printing scanning , typing to it
Re: What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 03, 2010
Why not try something different and cheap? Like set up a really colourful, well branded HOT DOG stand somewhere near busy offices, banks etc? Go online and learn how to make the stuff. Have all the sizes from small to Jumbo. Have all the ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, chilli, etc free for buyers to dress their dogs with. (You can learn online how to prepare all those sauces rather than buy). Have cold drinks too. You could later expand and employ staff at other stands you set up around town. You'll be surprised how much money you'll make. grin I'm sure you can start that biz with even 100k. smiley
Re: What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by ligali(m): 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2010
Dear Friend,

I think since you have I.T Knowledge maybe you guys should go into becoming a reseller of bulk sms, you create account for others, credit their account and so on. visit www.mysmspoint.com for more details.
Re: What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by bestlife(m): 6:56pm On Nov 05, 2010
You can go into distributorship of our cleaning products used for cleaning tiles and toilets,You can view the product at www.agmaliquidwash..com You can make inquiry by calling 080915984985 or mail kokuboh@gmail.com
Re: What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by qtx(m): 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2010
Thanks people. please keep the posts rolling in.
Re: What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by stagger: 6:55am On Nov 07, 2010
You need to start a business where people come to you, not you having to go market to people (bulk SMS & stuff like that). You can start a car wash, knowing the kind of roads Lagos has. In a good location, you can wash up to 50 cars daily. Payment of staff is on commission (N100 for every car wash of N400). It's a good biz. Very low risk, the raw material which is water is everywhere. You just buy a pressure wash machine, steam washer for engines, sink a borehole, buy a storage tank, secure land space and you are in business. All your wife does is to go there, supervise the wash, collect the money and pay the washer boys. With time, you can add snacks bar where customers can chill out while they wait. I have done a feasibility on many businesses and so i advise people based on their risk appetite, their financial situation and family demographics. Hope you can take my advise which i have given you with a clear heart and no strings attached. Peace!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by chase4(m): 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2010
There are so many things available here in Nigeria but I'd love to introduce you to Ardyss international. I am into exportation but found doing it on the side so rewarding that i am considering giving it upto 80% of my business time. We can set up an appointment so that i can come explain to u how it works. My numbers are 08062187803 or 08190111228
Re: What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by VV2A(m): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2010
stagger:

You need to start a business where people come to you, not you having to go market to people (bulk SMS & stuff like that). You can start a car wash, knowing the kind of roads Lagos has. In a good location, you can wash up to 50 cars daily. Payment of staff is on commission (N100 for every car wash of N400). It's a good biz. Very low risk, the raw material which is water is everywhere. You just buy a pressure wash machine, steam washer for engines, sink a borehole, buy a storage tank, secure land space and you are in business. All your wife does is to go there, supervise the wash, collect the money and pay the washer boys. With time, you can add snacks bar where customers can chill out while they wait. I have done a feasibility on many businesses and so i advise people based on their risk appetite, their financial situation and family demographics. Hope you can take my advise which i have given you with a clear heart and no strings attached. Peace!

This is so informative. I am almost in the same situation with the original poster and have been thinking of doing sumthing outside my job (now more than ever as i am beginning to get disenchanted). I live in an area in Ogun state (within an estate with another estate close by, banks, multinationals) with close proximity to lagos and would like to set up a car wash. Would it be possible to get the cost breakdown in terms of different/best equipments (used and new) and any other information yu think would be useful.

If yu are into feasibility studies. i would like to get a feasibility study on sport centres (5 a side football picth (2), tennis courts (2), basket ball court (2), etc). info will be greatly apprciated.

thank you
Re: What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by Chichiange(f): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
The world has changed....Millions are struggling and living paycheck to paycheck....Its time to try our plan B....Join us as we present to you how to build a new source of income and live a dream life...

N250,000 is even much, come lets teach you how to survive with little or no risk.

Come Tuesday, August 14th 2012 @ The Koko Lounge Club, 3rd Floor, E center (Ozone)1-11 Commercial Avenue Yaba.

Remember! If we don't build our dream now, someone else will employ us to build theirs.

if you miss this date. call me for an appointment.

R.S.V.P: 08169366393
Re: What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by Thethy(m): 12:32am On Aug 14, 2012
Re: What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos by financialable: 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2012
As many that are asking this same investment question,send a mail to financialable.com.
Investment opportunities and models will be sent to you.Apologies to all those who have sent and has not received it,it will be sent.
To our success!!

(1) (Reply)

MMM Is Fraud: Watch Graphic Analysis / Looking for Promotional Branded T-shirt Printing In Lagos Nigeria? / FG Lauds BON Hotels On Home-grown Skills In Nigerian Hospitality Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.