Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing (7090 Views)

Please, I Need A Car For Ehailing / Abia State Government Procures Innoson Vehicles For Security Operations(photos) / Innoson Manufactures Modern Vehicles For Army Warrant Officers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
No doubt the sales of the Toyota brands especially the Corolla and Camry has drastictically increased over the years, this can be traced to banks and the conventional taxis adopting this brand as their 1st choice for obvious reasons, Fuel consumption and technical support topping the reasons.

This huge drift to this brand has made the price of this very basic Sedan cars very expensive to acquire. For instance a Nigerian used 2003 corolla can have price tags as high as 1.4million naira.

But let us recall that before toyota took over the streets, taxi drivers used car brands like Mercedes Benz regular and 190e. Mazda, Audi, Peugeot, Etc

What vehicles can you recommend for ehailing other than the toyota corolla? which is now a high target for car thief and vandals not to talk of harassment from law enforcement agencies. If you are currently using other car brands for ehailing kindly share your experiences and challenges.

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by dru23(m): 9:30pm On Oct 12, 2019
Luxurydriverng:
No doubt the sales of the Toyota brands especially the Corolla and Camry has drastictically increased over the years, this can be traced to banks and the conventional taxis adopting this brand as their 1st choice for obvious reasons, Fuel consumption and technical support topping the reasons.

This huge drift to this brand has made the price of this very basic Sedan cars very expensive to acquire. For instance a Nigerian used 2003 corolla can have price tags as high as 1.4million naira.

But let us recall that before toyota took over the streets, taxi drivers used car brands like Mercedes Benz regular and 190e. Mazda, Audi, Peugeot, Etc

What vehicles can you recommend for ehailing other than the toyota corolla? which is now a high target for car thief and vandals not to talk of harassment from law enforcement agencies. If you are currently using other car brands for ehailing kindly share your experiences and challenges.

I just discovered your post now .. Keep up the good work ,continue to encourage others out there. Me myself I have some cars on uber .. Elantra 07 and 08. And Honda civics 03 to 05 .. I love the civics so much, to me they are the best cars for ehailing .. Maintenance and fuel consumption is very low .... Below is the most recent car I bought for ehailing.... I will never go for corolla too expensive and your return on investment takes a longer time.. Even the Elantra is getting expensive to buy as a Tokunbo.. I mainly buy tokunbo cars for ehailing...

3 Likes

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2019
dru23:

I just discovered your post now .. Keep up the good work ,continue to encourage others out there. Me myself I have some cars on uber .. Elantra 07 and 08. And Honda civics 03 to 05 .. I love the civics so much, to me they are the best cars for ehailing .. Maintenance and fuel consumption is very low .... Below is the most recent car I bought for ehailing.. Keep up the good work bro ...

Nice car
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by dru23(m): 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
Luxurydriverng:

Nice car

Here is my email dru23@hotmail.com and I can give u my whatapps number ..
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eyinola: 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2019
dru23:

I am interested in this Uber business but the price of the almighty corolla has made me chill for a long time now..I will be interested in chatting u too
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by dru23(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
eyinola:
I am interested in this Uber business but the price of the almighty corolla has made me chill for a long time now..I will be interested in chatting u too

No problem.. Or you can drop your number and I will add you up on my whatsapp
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eyinola: 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2019
dru23:

No problem.. Or you can drop your number and I will add you up on my whatsapp
ok bro
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2019
eyinola:

Get your uber account check my signature
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by captainking(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2019
dru23:

Dru23..i like your ways.. Simple guy and down to earth.. Do you know much about Honda civic 2006 to 2010 models??
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by dru23(m): 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
captainking:

Dru23..i like your ways.. Simple guy and down to earth.. Do you know much about Honda civic 2006 to 2010 models??

I really don't know o .. I don't buy auction cars that much, but have some seen civic 06 to 08 private sales with estimation landing cost of 1.5m ..

1 Like

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by captainking(m): 2:08pm On Oct 14, 2019
dru23:

I really don't know o .. I don't buy auction cars that much, but have some seen civic 06 to 08 private sales with estimation landing cost of 1.5m ..
thanks bro
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by ayogabriel(m): 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
This is my 3rd year in e hailing in pH and I use Honda Accord 07. The car is solid, asides the normal suspension changes which last for about 8 months or their about no issue.

Thanks to insurance the car is still clean.

I will be getting a hybrid by December 2008 Toyota Camry

2 Likes

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eyinola: 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2019
ayogabriel:
This is my 3rd year in e hailing in pH and I use Honda Accord 07. The car is solid, asides the normal suspension changes which last for about 8 months or their about no issue.

thought they said this car is not good for e hailing?

1 Like

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by drmikeadams(m): 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2019
grin grin

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by ayogabriel(m): 11:15am On Oct 27, 2019
eyinola:
thought they said this car is not good for e hailing?

Honda ?
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eyinola: 11:19am On Oct 27, 2019
ayogabriel:

Honda ?
yes
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by ayogabriel(m): 7:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
eyinola:
yes

Not true, the car is serving me well the fuel consumption is superb for a 2.4ltrs engine. I am almost competing with the corrola guys .
My 4k5 fuel can fetch me almost 20k if I work judiciously
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eyinola: 10:46pm On Oct 27, 2019
ayogabriel:

Not true, the car is serving me well the fuel consumption is superb for a 2.4ltrs engine. I am almost competing with the corrola guys .
My 4k5 fuel can fetch me almost 20k if I work judiciously
intresting
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eyinola: 10:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
What abt 2007-2010 Camry?
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by ayogabriel(m): 11:08am On Oct 28, 2019
eyinola:
What abt 2007-2010 Camry?

They are strong likewise in my opinion. About same engine size with the accord.
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eyinola: 11:15am On Oct 28, 2019
ayogabriel:

They are strong likewise in my opinion. About same engine size with the accord.
ok..planing on using Camry 07 for both leisure and e hailing
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by ayogabriel(m): 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2019
eyinola:
ok..planing on using Camry 07 for both leisure and e hailing

If it is well maintained go ahead
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by timifakay(m): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2019
Luxurydriverng:

Toyota yaris
Pontiac Vibe
Honda Civic
Toyota Scion xA
Toyota Scion xD

1 Like

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2019
drmikeadams:
grin grin

Do you use this for ehailing
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by joetem(m): 4:55am On Oct 29, 2019
I have two Peugeot 407 on the road.
Ew10 engine is superb, excellent and and combo of luxury and performance.

2 Likes

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 6:34am On Oct 29, 2019
joetem:
I have two Peugeot 407 on the road.
Ew10 engine is superb, excellent and and combo of luxury and performance.
The ew10A dey give small small wahala, maybe cos the way I bought it sha not so pristine but still delivering relative to the cost of purchase

What's the code for the 406 engine? heard it's a very fuel efficient vehicle
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by joetem(m): 12:55pm On Oct 29, 2019
Luxurydriverng:

What's the code for the 406 engine? heard it's a very fuel efficient vehicle

Yes, super fuel efficient, and have self diagnostic system, you just have give attention to every complaints that pop up on the display screen.
The engine model is ew10, and the other one is ew10a

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Luxurydriverng: 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2019
joetem:

Yes, super fuel efficient, and have self diagnostic system, you just have give attention to every complaints that pop up on the display screen.
The engine model is ew10, and the other one is ew10a

These vehicles just speak class and elegance
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by Engobi(m): 3:41am On Oct 30, 2019
Kindly Contact us when you ready by December thanks grin
ayogabriel:

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by ayogabriel(m): 7:04am On Oct 30, 2019
Engobi:
Kindly Contact us when you ready by December thanks grin

20th of December is when I am stopping the car. Send me a WhatsApp message to keep you updated.

Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by eyinola: 9:01am On Oct 30, 2019
ayogabriel:

20th of December is when I am stopping the car. Send me a WhatsApp message to keep you updated.

will u be selling the accord?
Re: Alternative Vehicles For Ehailing by ayogabriel(m): 10:59am On Oct 30, 2019
eyinola:
will u be selling the accord?

Yes i will

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need A Panel beater / HELP: Differences Between American And European Specification Of Golf4 / Volkswagen Increases Sales Revenue And Profit In Nine Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.