Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:51 AM

Mass Transfer Imminent In Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Transfer Imminent In Police (1971 Views)

Kidnapping: IG Orders Mass Transfer Of Kaduna Policemen / Salaries: Strike Imminent In 18 States / Sallah Shocker: IG Approves Mass Transfer Of 50, 000 Police Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by Beaf: 3:08am On Nov 04, 2010
[size=14pt]Mass transfer imminent in police[/size]
Written by Chris Agbambu, Abuja
Thursday, 04 November 2010

THERE are strong indications that the police hierarchy will soon embark on mass transfer of policemen across the country.

The Inspector-General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, who gave the indication on Wednesday while briefing Assistant Inspectors General (AIGs) and Commissioners of Police (CPs) during his maiden meeting with them, announced that officers and men should be ready for transfers at short notices, while promotion courses would continue to run compulsorily for designated ranks.

He warned that there was now a policy in the Force to retire compulsorily any police officer who failed prescribed promotion exams, after two attempts, as this was to ensure that ranks were worn by those who really deserved them.

He disclosed that the force had already started overhauling and downsizing the police mobile force for optional professionalism and efficiency.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/13092-mass-transfer-imminent-in-police
Re: Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by Beaf: 3:10am On Nov 04, 2010
I'm really beginning to admire this Ringim guy.
He seems to be the one that can carry out the police reforms Jonathan promised.
The dude comes across as disciplined, no nonsense and tough.
Re: Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by 36Governor: 11:56am On Nov 04, 2010
Ok we shall see if he can sustain this initial gragra that is synonymous with new office holders.
Re: Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by Intrepid1(m): 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2010
Hot blood,
Re: Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by TeskyMan(m): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2010
36Governor:

Ok we shall see if he can sustain this initial gragra that is synonymous with new office holders.

[size=14pt]Gra gra indeed!!!. When Onovo resumed on duty, i can still remember the gra gra wey him do.

Anyway, i dey siddon look and keep fingers crossed.
[/size]
Re: Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2010
That's how they all start. Even Tafa too. Lets see how far he goes. Wish him well though
Re: Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by slyk2(m): 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2010
initial gra-gra
Re: Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by Sagamite(m): 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2010
Applying a test on law, processes and human rights to the street-level police officers is equally as poignant, not just to only designated officers.
Re: Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by MShittu: 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2010
What I think they should do is FEDERALIZE the police force. I mean the current police force is much too large to work properly, and, as such, we need a decentralized police force in our nation. I mean we are a federal republic, right?
Re: Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 04, 2010
What difference will it make ?
Re: Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by Nsiman(m): 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2010
It is a good development in the NPF, But he should start with the commissioners and it should be before political parties' primaries
Re: Mass Transfer Imminent In Police by Nsiman(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2010
@ mshitu, i don't reall buy this idea of state police force. The federal police in most states in nigeria is a political weapon against the opposition, so if there is a state police that is accountable to the state what do think will happen?

(1) (Reply)

Deep In The Oil Fields With A Militant / Jonathan Endorses Kinsman To Succeed Ringim As Police Ig / Governor Sule Lamido Of Jigawa State Eats His Vomit.....in Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.