Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam (26273 Views)

Perekeme Richard Kpodo For Raping A Girl In His Hotel, Arraigned In Court / Yetunde Akilapa Arraigned In Court For Theft (Photo) / Maryam Sanda Weeps, Arraigned In Court For Killing Her Husband, Bilyaminu Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by GidifeedNews: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2019
Hacker targeted U.S. government workers in scam that stole $1M, feds say

A Nigerian man who lived in the Newark area helped run a computer hacking and identity theft scheme that ordered about $1 million in office products after stealing personal information from U.S. government workers, federal officials said.

Olumide J. Ogunremi, who also went by “Tony Williams,” faces up to 20 years in prison if convicted of a single count of wire fraud, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for New Jersey said in a statement.

Ogunremi and his cohorts tricked employees of the U.S. Department of Environmental Protection and the U.S. Department of Commerce into divulging their their usernames and passwords by creating fake websites and sending phony emails that mimic legitimate government sites and email addresses, authorities said.

They then used the stolen credentials to place fraudulent orders for office products - mainly printer toner cartridges - from vendors authorized to do business with government agencies. Ogunremi and his partners had their orders delivered to associates in New Jersey where the goods would be repackaged and shipped to Nigeria to be re-sold on the black market.

The scam operated for about six months in 2013.

Ogunremi, who fled to Canada, was extradited to the United States on Sept. 26 and charged two days later. He is being held in New Jersey without bail.

One of Ogunremi’s co-conspirator’s, Abiodun Adejohn, previously pleaded guilty to one count of wire fraud conspiracy, and was sentenced to three years in prison in May 2015.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/news/2019/10/hacker-targeted-us-government-workers-in-scam-that-stole-1m-feds-say.html%3foutputType=amp

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Mutemenot(m): 9:13am On Oct 04, 2019
He's representing the South West in the competition shocked

156 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nukilia: 9:17am On Oct 04, 2019
Heaven help us to live a honest and good life as citizens of Nigeria. grin

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by immortalityk: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2019
Yorubas are just too tech savvy
Yorubas and tech

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by tayebest(m): 9:27am On Oct 04, 2019
This guy na brain box shocked America will keep him somewhere until we don't hear about him again and they will eventually explore his talents.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by internationalman(m): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2019
He should be extradited to Nigeria..

Will they, the US allow their citizen to rot in a Nigerian jail even if the crime was committed in Nigeria..

Even if they agree to extradite him now they will still inject him with chemicals that will traumatise him with mental imbalance for the rest of his life ..

Wicked people

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Simplyleo: 10:10am On Oct 04, 2019
Very unfortunate. 

The earlier we Nigerians EARN our money the better. All these short cuts to wealth is actually against the natural law as the goddess of divine retribution must just be patiently lurking in one corner to take on you.

Anyway, I pray he gets justice.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by NGRsenate: 10:17am On Oct 04, 2019
Nawa o

You scam people in the US and still ship proceeds of your scam to people with addresses in the US?

I’m sure he used gmail

I’m sure he used the computer he was using for this to check his private emails and Facebook and Twitter on the same browser window where he does his other black stuff

I’m sure he was using his home wifi with a US vpn or even without a vpn sef

There were probably too many breadcrumbs. There are Albanian credit card fraudsters in the US, plenty, but you hardly hear about one getting caught.

Blacks naturally tend to be unwise.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by DXNNigeria: 1:47pm On Oct 04, 2019
Say no to crime and join DXN Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Freemanbobble: 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
Nukilia:
Heaven help us to live a honest and good life as citizens of Nigeria. grin

There is nothing honest about life niggarrr

Life itself is a scam

21 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by LastSurvivor11: 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
$1m = #355,000,000..
Bois don touch money shaa..

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by emeijeh(m): 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2019
Name checkers,

Food don done o

WIRE WIRE!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by noblealuu: 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2019
Another one

This didn't go to my people in the East of the Niger, but my people in the Western sphere shocked

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Temptee101(m): 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
And his name is....

23 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by iykecicero: 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
Afonja representing in evil as always!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Kaybaba5(m): 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
This is what we are perfect for ... Scam etc.

But for other things..... Zero...

I pity for my country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by signature2012(m): 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
NGRsenate:
Nawa o

You scam people in the US and still ship proceeds of your scam to people with addresses in the US?

I’m sure he used gmail

I’m sure he used the computer he was using for this to check his private emails and Facebook and Twitter on the same browser window where he does his other black stuff

I’m sure he was using his home wifi with a US vpn or even without a vpn sef

There were probably too many breadcrumbs. There are Albanian credit card fraudsters in the US, plenty, but you hardly hear about one getting caught.

Blacks naturally tend to be unwise.

How do you know all this?
Are you a Yahoo boiiiiiiiiiiiii?

23 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Neoteny(m): 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
Yeriba.....

Igboes coman see your yeriba pupil doing you proud

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
Wa--bia. Still waiting for the zo
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by chizzyreal: 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
immortalityk:
Yorubas and tech

Haha very funny. He will be too late for dinner las las

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by UGYM: 1:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
I don't know if you have heard that I have an iPhone for sale .

Well if you haven't, now you know. iPhone XR 64GB Chip Unlock. You can contact me on Whatsapp/Call - Zero703818757one

Check signature or profile for more info

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by etimesin(m): 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
Mutemenot:
He's representing the South West in the competition shocked

Looooolzzzzz U no well oooooo grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Sleevia: 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
tayebest:
This guy na brain box shocked America will keep him somewhere until we don't hear about him again and they will eventually explore his talents.
his talent is not at par with those that caught him. America does not need him.

NIGERIAN Internet fraudsters are babies and rookies when it comes to these things.

34 Likes

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by einsteine(m): 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
tayebest:

What is this one saying?

Is he more talented than Trevor Graves, who hacked the FBI and NSA and is now doing fifteen years in US prison?

Or , Xzavyer Narvaeza, valedictorian who is now doing 10 years?

He is not even a proper hacker. Just a script kiddie utilizing simple phishing techniques.

I wonder where you guys heard that America employs run-of-the-mill criminals on account of "talents'.

Dude has no talent. anybody who can do a google search can do this.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by etimesin(m): 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
immortalityk:
Yorubas and tech

Those guys will hammer you ooo grin
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2019
if i get way scam now to make money nw i go do

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2019
Waste of talent... embarassed
Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Dcaliphate(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2019
OLUMIDE OGUNREMI why?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by Ibcrown(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2019
Freemanbobble:

There is nothing honest about life niggarrr

Life itself is a scam life sef is scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Hacker Olumide Ogunremi Arraigned In US For $1m Scam by henryobinna(m): 1:56pm On Oct 04, 2019
tayebest:
funny people

so ordinary phishing is the talent the whole US wants to explore . chai.

I'm disappointed in Nigerian youth.

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NSCDC Officer, Bulus Sanda, Killed By Kidnappers In Kaduna State / #CrimingWhileWhite - White Americans Tweet On Crimes They Got Away With / Lagos Robbery: Slain Fish Hawker Buried In Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.