Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Advice Needed For Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed For Mum (856 Views)

70th Birthday Program For Mum / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / Advice Needed: On The Verge Of Hitting My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed For Mum by abdrazak: 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
Hi Nairalanders,
What type of investment or business can my mum be doing to keep her a little bit busy at home?
I want her to stop frying groundnut. She trained me with groundnut frying. 200k was what I have in mind.
Ideas are welcome

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed For Mum by Acidosis(m): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
What's wrong with frying groundnut?? You can upgrade the business with more money, more workers, more suppliers and customers. If her wellbeing is the issue, you can manage the business without engaging in hard labour.

What you have in mind (#200k) is not enough to tell mama to retire. Don't make her a liability you're not prepared to manage.

7 Likes

Re: Advice Needed For Mum by Iogobenz(m): 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2019
Acidosis:

What's wrong with frying groundnut?? You can upgrade the business with more money, more workers, more suppliers and customers. If her wellbeing is the issue, you can manage the business without engaging in hard labour.

What you have in mind (#200k) is not enough to tell mama to retire. Don't make her a liability you're not prepared to manage.
On point cool
Re: Advice Needed For Mum by abdrazak: 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
Acidosis:

She recently started complaining of joint pains on both hands, reason we asked her to stop frying.
I don't want her to become liability that's why I want her to shift for small and/or stress free business.

Mind you, she and my youngest brother are the only one at home.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed For Mum by LewsTherin: 1:39pm On Oct 04, 2019
Can she hire someone to do the frying while she does the selling? You can invest some of that money into upgrading her set up to attract more buyers. You can get her more input materials to increase her output, benefit from economies of scale and increase her profit. She trained you, use that to upgrade her business.
Re: Advice Needed For Mum by abdrazak: 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2019
LewsTherin:
Can she hire someone to do the frying while she does the selling? You can invest some of that money into upgrading her set up to attract more buyers. You can get her more input materials to increase her output, benefit from economies of scale and increase her profit. She trained you, use that to upgrade her business.
She is only doing it in small quantities like 2 congo in a day.
Re: Advice Needed For Mum by Iogobenz(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
abdrazak:

upgrade it with your ideas na.
For her to start learning new business at this point might be difficult.let her practice what she knows and has been doing for long.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed For Mum by LewsTherin: 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2019
abdrazak:

Congo. Lol. Been a while since I heard that unit of measure.

That she does only 2 congo a day and still managed to raise you and your sibling(s?) Shows she's great at what she does. Now it's up to you to take it to the next level.

She knows the best groundnuts, so by more at her direction. You can get someone that will do the frying at her direction. You put some effort in marketing. Maybe invest in better packaging. Doesn't have to be fancy. Can just be better bottles of the same type and make like 100 stickers with any printer. Slap it on the bottles and you have the beginnings of a brand. You can try supplying aboki koisks or minimarts around, walk into banks and other bluechip businesses and sell bottles to staff....stuff like that.

Make your mum proud dude! Proud of herself, proud of you.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed For Mum by lavanahblog(f): 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2019
I think there modern machines for fraying groundnuts... Check YouTube
Also you can help her get a shed to be selling raw food. I means various kind of grains

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed For Mum by abdrazak: 5:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
LewsTherin:

Congo. Lol. Been a while since I heard that unit of measure.

That she does only 2 congo a day and still managed to raise you and your sibling(s?) Shows she's great at what she does. Now it's up to you to take it to the next level.

She knows the best groundnuts, so by more at her direction. You can get someone that will do the frying at her direction. You put some effort in marketing. Maybe invest in better packaging. Doesn't have to be fancy. Can just be better bottles of the same type and make like 100 stickers with any printer. Slap it on the bottles and you have the beginnings of a brand. You can try supplying aboki koisks or minimarts around, walk into banks and other bluechip businesses and sell bottles to staff....stuff like that.

Make your mum proud dude! Proud of herself, proud of you.
Thanks Bro
Re: Advice Needed For Mum by abdrazak: 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2019
lavanahblog:
I think there modern machines for fraying groundnuts... Check YouTube
Also you can help her get a shed to be selling raw food. I means various kind of grains
Looking at that angle. Thanks for your contribution
Re: Advice Needed For Mum by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
Open a store for her. Let her retire from frying especially if she's above 50yrs. The side effects caused by daily exposure to fire heat is very dangerous for an elderly woman, check goggle you will see terrible ailments that are associated with long-term daily exposure to heat.
Re: Advice Needed For Mum by Biglittlelois(f): 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
God bless you Op for thinking of investing in your mum, God bless you smiley

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Are People With SS Genotype Known To Be Intelligent? / What The Rationale Behind Huge Burial Expense / Look At What This Government Has Made My Family Resolve To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.