Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) (1955 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) / The Fate Of The Twins (dedicated To The Sexually Abused, The Adopted And Twins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 10:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
OKAY GUYS, THIS IS MY FIRST STORY HERE. I WANT CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, PLEASE cool

Chapter 1

It was a sunny Saturday; even the heat-loving animals deserted the sun for resort on trees or underneath them. Rain has loathed from falling this year unlike the previous March months; a result of climate change. However, the scorching sun couldn’t stop the final outing celebration of the deceased woman at the cream painted Community hall. It is a taboo for an aged individual to be buried without a befitting burial. Sometimes, the public disgrace that would follow a poorly organized burial would prompt someone to get loans and use his children as collateral.

Behind the king palace was a large duplex lateral to the route that leads to the market square. Every passerby would take a second look at the most modern building which was second to none except the beautifully decorated king’s palace. It was owned by a retired general who fought in the civil war and took it as a responsibility to save more than half of his salary to have a blissful retirement. Two of the three bedrooms flat were accommodated by tenants and the last one at the extreme was for the landlord and his family. The compound was a sight to behold accommodating beautifully mown flowers with a field of mango and guava trees. At the entrance of the gate was an inscription welcome to my palace, with a sculpture of a roaring lion next to it.

Under the mango tree in the field sat Tayo, one of the tenant’s daughters. She stood akimbo and impatient, ready to descend on her boyfriend who looked dejected. All Ade’s pleas fell on deaf ears as Tayo had made up her mind.

“I am done with this fucking relationship,” she said, pointing at a stone resting beside the chair she sat on “... you are as special to me as that stone”. Tayo said.
She swung her waist seductively to the music stemming from her Samsung mobile. Ade looked in disbelief, the dance rendered his brain malfunctioned for a while. His mouth was wide agape and words failed to roll out.

“Close your mouth or flies would have your smelly saliva to feed on,” she said, as she halted the music to look at him.

Ade sat on the concrete chair Tayo stood up from which was the only witness to their odorous discussion. He rested his head on the bark and tilted his neck up looking wondrous. His look was enough to profess that life could never be a bed of roses.

Tayo was eighteen, her height was average but complemented with a curvaceous shape, literarily a figure eight: She has brown skin; her long dark hair falls short over her dimples producing an irresistible smile. Tayo just graduated from high school and had been in a relationship with Ade since their second year. The love started when they played a couple’s role in the school drama.

Meanwhile, she was feeling too impatient to continue the fruitless discussion and she took some steps away from Ade. She turned back when Ade finally said his mind.

“Why did I deserve this? I have never thought a day like this could come, I have tried enough to please you, what have I done to deserve this?” Ade said with a cloud of tears forming in his eyes.

“I lived just to see your smile, what such a decision is this?” He said looking confused

“You see life is like football, you won’t be in possession for the ninety minutes of play…” she held her hands to depict a football. “…we meet and depart for nature’s best-known reason. Heaven knows we can’t be together for another few seconds…” she swung her buttock sideways taking some steps closer to him and used her index finger to touch his breast. “…call me all sort of names it won’t change anything. She said, laughing hysterically.

Ade, who could not withstand the humiliation, left the compound amidst constant turning of neck to see if she would change her decision, but it was a fruitless one as Tayo had left for her room before Ade could reach the gate. Ade was Tayo’s class and age-mate; he was the teacher’s favorite because of his academic prowess. He had the school girls wanting to be his friends until the school drama joined him with her just departed girlfriend. It was a topic for every circle discussion back then when the relationship was rosy.

cc lalasticlala, ishilove, tosyne2much, shewrites
BiadeForla
Hadow
Cadec007,
Solomombrown64, Theblessedman
Jomagibs...
drstainlex nkemdave
tunjilomo
Ultimategeneral Osasnidas
Nightie rosalieene Afz9095
Evold opeade939 Ann2012 Wonderz1 DZTZl mitchelljnr mekonglobal
donteanz bimberry1307 do4luv14 Oroolorun explosive04 Phayth
helenbee joshnes Bleeze2 Evold queenbetsy kaycee9242
preciousbouy Horladstar paqman rowdymind EkopSparoAyara
queenitee boffinjay RegArmani coolio1 Solly1 TeameeMoses
Phoenixchap cassbeat Teehsticckz bakeuhappy (welcome ma'am)
Favouritetega smooth278 virtuedagirl queenbetsy arrestdarrester
tonyxxx stevodot22 charminee Mynet11Godwinfury Oluwaseunliz
Souloho19

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 12:17am On Oct 05, 2019
“You impress me; you are now a top player. …,” Shade nudged Tayo’s shoulder. “… don’t mind sermons his friends will ring across your eardrum, they are not TB Joshua, you know. Shade, Tayo’s friend who used her hands to wave warnings, said with no sympathy.

“Life is not for small boys, he needs to grow up to play this game. I made some cash from him; he thought I couldn’t live without him.” Tayo said, shaking her waist. “Guess my next target,” she looked fulfilled.

“You seem to understand this game more than those who taught you, I fear you might catch feelings for my uncle,” Shade said.

“Ah Ah no oo, you can’t be serious. You mean your uncle? That is outrageous; I am still drawing from your ocean of wisdom.” Tayo said and both laughed.

They unwrapped the snacks bought from a vendor and continued their chat.

“My next target is Kunle, he asked me out and almost choked me with love poems. Maybe he thought I was Juliet. I need to give his money a chance in my life,” she boasted like champion’s league winner.

They went to Shade’s kitchen and made noodles with chicken laps, they ate and gossiped about every guy around. Meanwhile, Shade picked her phone to call Wale. Wale, 20, was Shade’s boyfriend who lived in Kaduna. They both maintained long-distance relationship and seemed perfect. He was attending University entrance exam coaching to have a good chance of securing admission to the Federal University.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day after she broke up with Ade, Tayo replied all Kunle’s text she abandoned for more than a month. Kunle got the green light and called her, both decided to meet the next evening outside Tayo’s house.

“I told you then, small boys like him have nothing to offer, you need to roll with big guys like me who know your worth,” Kunle boasted wrapping his hand around Tayo’s shoulder.

It took Kunle less than five minutes before Tayo committed her future in his hands. Though Kunle’s parentss were rich, Kunle was hard-working, he had two photocopier machines and other computer accessories that he earned his living from, but his parentss wanted him to further his study and take over their joint-owned company. With everything at his disposal, he chased everything that wears a skirt.

“I thought he would be man enough to cut his losses but he was a sore loser,” Tayo said.

“Anyway, we should leave him aside now and have a strong love foundation; can you make it to my side tomorrow?” Kunle asked.

“No, I want to plait my hair and be ready for you after,” she scratched her hair with her left hand. “I am even confused about how I will go about it; mum is not around to give me money”

“Why am I here, then? Don’t let me feel guilty, dear,” Kunle said.
Kunle handed four thousand naira notes to her; she was head over hills and hugged him tight taking enough of his cologne in her nostrils.

to be continued

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 8:24am On Oct 05, 2019
Players are serious with their game plan, while the ball is in pendulum across the field. Morning or night, the perfect game plan got reviewed to have a better odds of winning. Just as Tayo was growing to have a reputation in this game, Shade was already counted among the world’s best. C. Ronaldo and L. Messi are the king of Soccer but Shade’s rival was yet to grace the world in the game of manipulating men. It was a few weeks to Nationwide University entrance exam and the battle to get admitted was real in this part of the world.

Shade thought of how he could buy a new dress for one of her numerous friends’ birthday party. She decided to place a call to Wale who was always at her beck and call.

“Entrance exam is next month and I don’t have those past questions for preparation yet,” she said after eulogizing him.

“I have promised to get it for you and I have not forgotten. I have my budget base on scale of preference,”

“Are you saying I am less important to you, don’t bother, shove your money in your ass,” she hissed.

“I don’t mean in that way, my uncle is not reimbursing me enough these days”

“Just find a way to help out or you want me to stay at home while you mix with college girls? Hell no, we must be admitted same time.” She screamed.

“Ok then, before this week runs out, you would see my hand”

“You have always been helpful, thanks love, and you know I love you, bye.”

“Okay oo, I love you too” Wale smiled and hung the call.

Shade was grinning, five thousand naira would grace her palm and the shirt she saw in the market would be hers shortly. She was not going to buy any past questions, her luck was always on her side and she would scale through without breaking any sweat. Her way of passing the exam was by luck. It had happened in high school and the luck has not deserted her, she thought.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 8:25am On Oct 05, 2019
Players are serious with their game plan, while the ball is in pendulum across the field. Morning or night, the perfect game plan got reviewed to have a better odds of winning. Just as Tayo was growing to have a reputation in this game, Shade was already counted among the world’s best. C. Ronaldo and L. Messi are the king of Soccer but Shade’s rival was yet to grace the world in the game of manipulating men. It was a few weeks to Nationwide University entrance exam and the battle to get admitted was real in this part of the world.

Shade thought of how he could buy a new dress for one of her numerous friends’ birthday party. She decided to place a call to Wale who was always at her beck and call.

“Entrance exam is next month and I don’t have those past questions for preparation yet,” she said after eulogizing him.

“I have promised to get it for you and I have not forgotten. I have my budget base on scale of preference,”

“Are you saying I am less important to you, don’t bother, shove your money in your ass,” she hissed.

“I don’t mean in that way, my uncle is not reimbursing me enough these days”

“Just find a way to help out or you want me to stay at home while you mix with college girls? Hell no, we must be admitted same time.” She screamed.

“Ok then, before this week runs out, you would see my hand”

“You have always been helpful, thanks love, and you know I love you, bye.”

“Okay oo, I love you too” Wale smiled and hung the call.

Shade was grinning, five thousand naira would grace her palm and the shirt she saw in the market would be hers shortly. She was not going to buy any past questions, her luck was always on her side and she would scale through without breaking any sweat. Her way of passing the exam was by luck. It had happened in high school and the luck has not deserted her, she thought.

END OF CHAPTER 1
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 7:45am On Oct 23, 2019
Chapter 2

Vulture won’t beget Eagle as coconut won’t grow on walnut. Tayo was living her dream and a path she dearly chose. As her father had the reputation to chase even a rat in wrapper and won’t mind to take even urine if tasted like ethanol, Tayo’s Mum was another sort of human being, a discussion for another day.

Tayo’s mum was travelling to her village next week. It was since September she visited her ailing mother who was just waiting for God’s own time to join her ancestors.

“My mum won’t be around next week and you know dad has not completed the contract work he won,” Tayo said, waving her phone led light on Kunle’s face.

“Are your siblings not around? That changes nothing,” Kunle replied.

“No, we would be free; everyone would have somewhere to go since mum won’t allow us if she was around…” she parted his shoulder with a sultry smile. “… You know what that means, the whole house is ours.” She stretched out her arms for a hug

“Well then, it is special news.” Kunle was understandably happy and went for the hug.

They left Kunle’s backyard where they hid from his parents. The house, which was surrounded by bush, was far from the main town square. It would be hard for passerby to notice them.

The following day would be the entrance exam; students were having the last minute revision. The lazy ones were surfing the internet to check if the questions would leak as it was in the past when the exam was marred with loopholes. It was a popular saying among those students that the brilliant ones are those who pass, not those who read.

Meanwhile, the love birds planned to meet at Tayo’s house after the exam. They departed after kisses and bade each other goodnight; Kunle went home to revise for the jamb exam. However, Shade went to Tayo as they meant to be at the venue together; they spent all night gossiping, watching films and playing games before sleep took the better part of them before 4 AM.
Before noon the next day, every student had completed the exam and would know see the result. Prayer houses were common resort for miracles to pass exams; it was no different for this exam as well. While some had high hope in what they had written, others have turned philanthropists giving offerings to seek God’s favour. It was a period of reflection because some parents would not accept failure from their children otherwise, they would believe schools were not meant for them and farming would be a better suit. Was that not a better way to diversify the economy and stop the over-reliance on petroleum?

Tayo and Kunle had turned the house into a brothel since the day they wrote the exam. They have excavated every hidden object in their bodies. While that was not a bit surprising, Tayo’s elder sister had not stepped into the house since their parent travelled. It was a blessing and a rare freedom for her. However, their last two siblings were with Tayo’s uncle for the time been. The elder sisters were in fun!

“I have not written exam so simple like this entrance exam. I will be among the best ten nationwide,” Kunle said beating his chest.

“You are a nerd after all, so cute and very intelligent…” Tayo said rubbing her left palm on his chest. “… I just pray for an average score; that would be enough to get me admitted, at least”

“No, that is too low to ask for; aim higher, babe, there was nothing difficult in the exam…”

Tayo covered his mouth before he says something else. “Let’s pray for miracle.” She said

“…I will surprise you with a gift if you outscore me; I will buy you anything you want”

“No oo, you didn’t say this before the exams. Now, I will have to ride on luck to get a gift,” she scoffed.

Tayo stood up to put on the Samsung flat-screen TV as their discussion continued. The first channel shown from the DSTV was the News Network, apparently the last channel her mum watched before travelling because the TV was not in use since. She had everything on her phone, why should she? However, she was startled to see what the TV was displaying. She saw the exam Registrar in a press conference briefing newsmen about the outcome of the result.

Prof. Isaac explained in details the number of candidates with 200 scores (average) and above, those involved in malpractices and those who will be prosecuted for signature forgery. He lamented about the academic decadence bedevilling the country, and ended his speech with a thunderous applaud as he announced the remittance of the registration fees to the Federation account.
Kunle quickly brought out his phone and followed the process highlighted on the screen for checking the result. The amorous atmosphere suddenly became tense.

“What is your score, love,” Tayo queried, she was nervous, peeping at Kunle’s phone from his shoulder.

“179,” Kunle sighed, wiping his hands to clear his face in disbelieve.

“How comes, this is not as expected. Let me check mine and if I score higher with just a point, you are buying my gift today,” Tayo winked.

“What nonsense are you talking about, can’t you be serious for once! We are talking about our future and all you know is just a gift.” Kunle vexed standing up from the bed he sat.

“I ju… st want to douse the tension building up. You know I don’t mean it that way” Tayo rubbed his arm while she used the other hand to address the phone for her result.

“Kunle, see!” her voice suddenly laced with sorrow as she tapped Kunle from the back.

“Registrar has killed me o, 123!” she cried.

“What! This is must be a dream.”

“Even high school would not accept this. Maybe school is not meant for me, after all”

“No, don’t say such again. This was your first entrance exam. Next year isn’t far.” Kunle protested.

As the entrance exam landed blows across some students’ faces, some were elated with the outcome. Wale performed excellently with 270 score in the exam, he beeped his girl’s phone, Shade, to ask her about the result, but the joyous feeling was not mutual, she had 160.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2019
Ann 2012 LisaAnne LightQueen felsunseg Kdavid02 sharliz Ayanfe29 Remite011 Tonyspecial aprilwise CaZmir Mtbail Tywo244 Imagindat francium001 hollawuyi2013 this hills frbona Lite50 Olumike001 superjacks ShegzyB holleyboy skubido Momoh7 Chumzypinky duruZed Treasure17 nastyni I am calling on you guys to help make this thread a colourful one.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2019
I need your presence and criticism Alennsar, smilingB1, susiivy, yorhmienerd, Queening, horlah1, hadduni, Tuham, Evaberry, Queetener, Missmossy, ladySuperb, Charytea, pncessadeola, Michelle55, seunlly, bejeria101, Halyma, Diamondwriter, bitingcool, Williamsesco, Lordshola, ibawon, sharliz, richiearmany14, sammyendowed, Abbydammy1, prisiliveth, FelicityLucita, Tori46, harsol, speezyWears, eitsei, rachealfst, Toppzy001, Opeoluwa99, Maryclaire1, haleemwale, yusufIbrahim, pepperoni55, alarmednigerian, BlizxydoDo, TosinBecca, Bensoate1, Twinkle004, Nmaglit, divatolaz, Ansasan, opybycar1, granely, pweetyz, specter, Eniqurl, Precial419, lettruthprevail, Oyinda8100, joyce21, crislyn, swanky47, jasmine4, damlaz24, Aloedamz, michaelunique, Hadampson,lovelydaisy, Ukez15, Bollie29, Bossy512, heemah, ashatoda, Abefe99, PrettyMizQdot, Queenakande, Diamondamsel, Evajael, IRALIFE, àkejujoe, hannie20, Shakyroh320, sulips, MissTega, shugaoftouch, Hashtagmoniker, Gynah33, ifecoded, rayos, BlissfulJeff, hammedroyabat, Queenitee, muzzafar, WHOcarex, iamozipatrick, Stevenbright, darwinbrown, Elpoche, Adefiery,tylesh,Olabantu, Ireneblush , Bibi294, dafil22, Nofuckgiven, namedonfinish, Lankyannie, jazmiynne, Oyinda1242, OluwabuqqYOLO, xaviercasmier, Ellagold35, Eniolaewa, smomeydrinkey
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Ann2012(f): 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2019
olatunyemi:
Ann 2012
LisaAnne
LightQueen
felsunseg
Kdavid02
sharliz
Ayanfe29
Remite011
Tonyspecial
aprilwise
CaZmir
Mtbail
Tywo244
Imagindat
francium001
hollawuyi2013
this hills
frbona
Lite50
Olumike001
superjacks
ShegzyB
holleyboy
skubido
Momoh7
Chumzypinky
duruZed
Treasure17
nastyni
I am calling on you guys to help make this thread a colourful one.

Gallantly balanced.... Thanks for the mention OP

Wale was well prepared that's why he passed
Shade, Tayo and Kunle were busy gallivanting around.
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Treasure17(m): 9:15am On Oct 25, 2019
Very promising thread. Love the rhythm and how you revolve it around football terminologies. Great stuff. Tayo is not serious. Which yeye luck when you didn't prepare for the exam. @olatunyemi Can't believe you omitted izaray the guru grin

Thanks for the invitation.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by izaray(f): 9:19am On Oct 25, 2019
Treasure17:
Very promising thread. Love the rhythm and how you revolve it around football terminologies. Great stuff. Tayo is not serious. Which yeye luck when you didn't prepare for the exam. @olatunyemi Can't believe you omitted izaray the guru grin

cheesy Don't mind him, thanks for the mention jare!
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Treasure17(m): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2019
izaray:
cheesy Don't mind him, thanks for the mention jare!
Lol. Let's forgive the op for his mistake. A literature thread without you and Ann2012 is inconclusive. grin
Good Morning

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by izaray(f): 9:50am On Oct 25, 2019
Treasure17:

Lol. Let's forgive the op for his mistake. A literature thread without you and Ann2012 is inconclusive. grin
Good Morning
Good morning to u too dear wink
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Ann2012(f): 10:26am On Oct 25, 2019
Treasure17:

Good Morning

Hehehe Good morning
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 5:21pm On Oct 25, 2019
Treasure17:

Thanks boss
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2019
Treasure17:

Good Morning
Pardon your boy. One bottle of Heineken coming your way
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 7:01pm On Oct 25, 2019
Chapter 3

By mid-July, Wale gained admission to Ahmadu Bello University to study Robotic Engineering. It was a testament of victory considering how he prepared. He went to school for registration and necessary screening which everything was a smooth ride for him. His dad particularly was proud, however, he gave the kudos to his uncle whose constant motivation jeered him up. Meanwhile, Kunle could not wait for another year as he settled for the State Polytechnic, same as Shade. Only Tayo was not qualified for any tertiary institution and was left out. Her luck was definitely asleep.

Ever since her friends left for school, life’s whip has started tormenting Tayo. Her communication with Kunle has been hampered by the distance. She consulted one of her friends to engage herself in something beneficial before the next entrance exam. That is if her parents were still interested in registering her for another. Her friend introduced her to auxiliary nursing and she took her opinion hook, line and sinker. It was a rare opportunity to come by, anyway.

“I took the form and tomorrow is the screening for the program,” she announced to her parents who just finished washing their hands and were picking their teeth for the leftover meat. They were angry with her result but needed to shove that aside.

“My only advice is that waste the chance and forget you have a father, useless child.” Her father said, wiping his mouth with a towel.

“My God will not allow me to have a useless child. I believe she has learned her lesson.” Her mum retorted.”

“See, you are still my child and I will support you but don’t disappoint me anymore. I cry silently anytime I see your mate packing for schools”

“I will not…” she said, cleaning the tears oozing out her eyes.

“That’s okay, don’t cry,” her mum pulled her up and hugged her.

“I am going out, cook my dinner when you stop crying, waste product,” her father said and stepped out, accidentally marching Tayo’s leg and he dabbled.

“Ah, ah…” (Hissed) “…this is outrageous; she is still your child.” Her mum said.

Tayo’s mum reached to her wrapper and unknotted the two thousand naira notes she tied. She handed it to Tayo for the registration. Tayo was very pleased with her mum and she knelt to thank her. “God bless you, mum.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seven weeks after, it was already mid-semester break where every student was expected to have completed their registrations and settled down. Faculty and Departmental Associations have been orienting and helping the students to settle down. Also, some concerned individuals have been lending helping hands to new students, although some are doing it with ulterior motives. Additionally, students were registering in familiar extracurricular activities while some were following friends to taste something very new to them.

At the State Polytechnic, it was not long before Shade found someone who has a character rivalling her’s. She had been keeping to herself and barely attended any functions before she met Bunmi. Even the school central orientation passed her by as well as the matriculation ceremony. Nonetheless, she has been active in clubs and has gotten a couple of male friends who do come to her hostel to pick her for the next party.

Her room was beautifully decorated with pictures of her favourite artist, Kim Kardashian. It was a self-contained apartment with a bedroom, sitting room, toilet and kitchen she shared with Bunmi after they met. Other students, however, were in the big compound occupying different flats.

“Bae, let’s dress up for the fresher’s night,” Bumi asked. Tapping Shade who was engrossed in the film she was watching on her phone.

“I think it’s fine, but I am not stepping out.”

“Why,” Bunmi widened her eyes in surprise.

“I don’t have a befitting outfit for this day and won’t go there to look like a pauper.” Shade stood up unlocking her wardrobe for Bunmi to see.

“Then check my wardrobe if you could find something nice...” She winked at Shade “we have to be there, no matter what”

“You are such a darling, let me quickly freshen up because this night…” she swayed her gluteus “we must suffocate the big guys in the party.”
She was happy and quickly left for the bathroom.

Bunmi was a pretty girl of Tayo’s height, though lighter in complexion. Her short straight legs were easily noticeable, a reason why she participated in all her high school parades. She was the first and last daughter of Senator Arowolo, she completed her high school in a prestigious school in Abuja where she had seen different kind of lifestyles: she parties, clubs and smokes though very friendly and accommodating.

Ten minutes after they left their room, they reached the blue roof, the party hall. It was a very big square-shaped hall lateral to the Security office; the hall where most weddings and functions held in the school. The hall was well decorated with royal chairs meant for members of the high table while four plastic chairs surrounded each plastic table for the regulars. At the party, there were lots to drink and eat has a chunk sum of the budget was financed by the Student Governing Council which was supported by donations from influential people. The hall was lousy as everyone was busy making new friends, dancing and cheering the hype men. Smokes rented the air as cigarette smoking was allowed in the hall.
Bunmi was sitting in a company of two star-bottles at a corner pressing her phone. She seemed not so interested in the party until a guy very much taller than her with mustache covering two-third of his mouth to chin walked up to her. He adjusted his collar and cleared his throat to make a signal of his presence.

“Hello, beauty, May I have a seat here?” the macho man said cleaning the chair with his handkerchief with a smile on his face.

“Sure definitely, why not?” she looked up to check him up. She admired his Versace shirt and his shoes, her mind quickly settled for him.

“I am Ope, one of the organizers of this occasion.” He stretched his hand for a handshake.

“I am Bunmi, a fresh student of financial accounting,” she replied.

“You must be the angel declared missing on National newspaper last night,” Ope said, biting his lips.

“Are you kidding me, an angel got missing?” she widened her eyes in astonishment.

“Well, I am lucky I found her and that’s you”

“Your sense of humour is badass,” she replied with a laugh, slapping his shoulder.

“Do you care for a special drink served by a special man?” Ope asked holding her hands.

“Let’s see what you get. Add some grilled chicken laps,”

“As your lordship pleases,” Ope left to get the drinks. Thus, Bunmi had the chance to check his steps and surveyed him from head to toes.
He came back and served what she ordered. They chatted while crumbling the chickens and continued discussing. Their discussion went across different topics - lifestyles, backgrounds, hobbies. Coincidentally, they have many things in common. By the time the party ended, they were so taken by the drinks.

“Let go to my lodge, I can’t drive to your hostel, it is late,” Ope suggested.

“No qualms, but be a gentleman.” She replied. They left holding hands as they went to the park.
On getting to the lodge, the effect of the intoxication was high. They both landed on the bed kissing and a little while, their clothes were stripped to the floor.

The night was very long and both didn’t wake up early. After night comes day, the sun had risen by the time Bunmi woke up. She tied a white towel and went to the bathroom to clean her body. She came back and dressed up and still, Ope was sleeping. After she got set, she tapped Ope who was still lying down like a log of wood.

“I am ready, I will be leaving,” she announced.

“That is too early, won’t you take something?” he asked trying to wrap bed sheet around his waist.

“It is morning already; we are back to reality,” she said picking her phone from the bed.

“Okay then, let me drop you in your hostel,” he said. He quickly wore a caftan and led her out to his Mercedes where they exchanged contacts.

TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Ann2012(f): 11:19am On Oct 26, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Treasure17(m): 11:22am On Oct 26, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
Thanks for reading, next chapter tomorrow

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 8:55pm On Oct 28, 2019
Chapter 4

Tayo turned a new leave. Her friends’ success knocked some senses in her. Since then, she took her work diligently and was a pointer to all other apprentices. Also, she cut all ties with Kunle who she acknowledged as a playboy and a setback. Therefore, she apologized to Ade, but he told her he has since forgotten their pasts and already moved on.

Presently, she fed on her allowances and even bought gift occasionally for her siblings. Fortunately, one of the nurses who have heard about her past was motivated to help her turn her fate around and she has been living up to expectations.

“Morning, Tayo, hope you slept a little? It was so hectic last night, I understand.” The senior nurse asked, examining her eyes with her thumb.

“I am used to it now, good morning, ma.” She replied as she knelt to greet her.

“That’s a sign of dedication. Your reward is not far,” the nurse replied.

“This place is not hard. With your level of dedication, it won’t be hard to get your certificate soon.

“Thank you ma, I promise to work harder.” She knelt again

“Don’t overwork yourself, dear just be diligent.” She smiled.

Tayo ran immediately her phone beeped to attend to the emergency patient that just came to the hospital. The way she sprinted out of sight made the nurse smiled; she looked at her in admiration and muttered to herself this girl is good.
It was another hectic day and other days of the week would be stressful like today as the emergency department was the busiest of all except the outpatient department.

The day went by and it was already six pm, she bade farewell to her colleagues and went home directly after she closed. She happily relayed the good report the nurse said about her to her parents, both were happy and promised to support her, it was a lucky month for her and prayed to God to guide her through.

“That is the discipline I want from you. I have thought you well,” her father said

“You better stop fumbling, she is your child now, right?” her mother hissed.

“She has always been my child.” He replied as he crunched some coconut from the tray resting on stood in his front.

“So the good child is for the father and the bad one is for mother, right?" Her mother queried.

“I didn’t ask for proverbs; let me meet by dinner by the time I come back.” He said, he adjusted his cap without looking back and waved bye absentmindedly.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first-semester exam would start next week; Wale was busy as usual revising and tidying up his notes to have a good GP. He read anytime there was no class and even withdrawn from the football team till after his exam. He had established himself as one of the bright students in his department. Lecturers were friendly because of his attitude to learn and brilliant ways he answers question. This has made him popular and has gathered many friends who wanted to associate with him and get explanations to difficult courses, most especially the physics courses.

It took the school just two weeks to release their result and he did excellently. He didn’t top the class as he had expected but his GP was enough to make him a force to reckon with within the department. His first-semester exam was pretty, he made a G.P.A of 4.37 and he promised his folks to be a first class student by next semester.

In the polytechnic, Kunle was known as the most enterprising students. He moved his computer and other accessories to open a business centre behind the school auditorium. Since he could not combine the stress with his schoolwork, he employed a salesgirl who he paid monthly. He was a regular figure in clubs, parties and music concerts in company of friends. However, he did manage a strong result considering his plethora of engagement. He had 3.1 as his first G.P.A.

On the other hand, Shade, Bunmi, and Ope only marked attendance in parties or clubs throughout the semester. They were barely known in class but were the one to open every party in school. Their recognition had made them endowed as VIP in every party. Well, Bunmi’s dad’s money was also helpful. Despite the cordial relationship between Ope and Bunmi, the later has been active in bed with other girls.
“What is your G.P.A, I hope you made it,” Shade asked Bunmi who just came back from the Department exam officer’s office.

“Not even a glass of water first,” Bunmi frowned and dropped her handbag on the bed.

“I am sorry, dear. I just want to be sure you can continue here”

“How was yours, first. You sound like a bereaved soul,” Bunmi dropped the glass cup and moved closer to her friend who had started cleaning her eyes with her face towel

“I am afraid of what does the result mean.” Shade said, now unbuckling her trouser

“Talk to me, are you rusticated?” Bunmi was now feeling much concerned.

“Maybe something worse.”

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by skubido(m): 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2019
olatunyemi:
Ann 2012
LisaAnne
LightQueen
felsunseg
Kdavid02
sharliz
Ayanfe29
Remite011
Tonyspecial
aprilwise
CaZmir
Mtbail
Tywo244
Imagindat
francium001
hollawuyi2013
this hills
frbona
Lite50
Olumike001
superjacks
ShegzyB
holleyboy
skubido
Momoh7
Chumzypinky
duruZed
Treasure17
nastyni
I am calling on you guys to help make this thread a colourful one.

Present sir,

following.

Thanks for the mention
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Ann2012(f): 7:50am On Oct 29, 2019
Thanks for the update
What's wrong with Shade
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Treasure17(m): 4:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
Well-done Op
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by duruZed(m): 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
thanks for not leaving me behind
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 12:09am On Oct 31, 2019
skubido:

Present sir,
following.

Thanks for the mention
You're welcome. I hope you're enjoying it

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 12:10am On Oct 31, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update What's wrong with Shade
Hmmm Shade issue pass my mouth to talk o, the story shall tell us.

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 12:11am On Oct 31, 2019
Treasure17:
Well-done Op
Thanks bro
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 12:11am On Oct 31, 2019
duruZed:
thanks for not leaving me behind
There's free popcorn, as well
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by olatunyemi(m): 7:37am On Nov 07, 2019
Chapter 5

Prior to Student Government week at the State Polytechnic, the school organized a blood donor program. Since its exception, it has yielded positive remarks as many students have given up the ghost due to blood shortage in the clinic. The earmarked arena for this blood donation was the ‘love garden’ which was just some meters away from the school stadium; it was believe that to donate blood was a feeling from heart. As such, it’s done at love garden instead of the school clinic.

A plethora of fliers were flying around publicizing blood donations. One of the numerous fliers came with a funny caption donate blood to save life, if that reason is not enough, we will give you a malt. At least if you don’t feel fulfilled for saving lives, malt will be a compensation for your blood.
Shade went to the love garden to donate blood, as well.

“I want to donate blood, I love helping my countrymen. And, I will take two malt for that,” Shade winked at the student doctor.

“You are welcome young lady; it is a pleasure on my side. I will give you two malts- one for the blood and the other for your beauty.” The doctor welcomed her with a seat

“Thanks for acknowledging my beauty,” she replied.

“But the pretty one needs to undergo some blood tests first.” The Doctor led her to the laboratory where the test would be conducted.

The laboratory technician collected 5ml of her venous blood for the test into a test tube via her mid cubital vein. 2ml of the blood was for serum analysis of hepatitis while the other 3ml was for HIV, blood grouping and her Rhesus factor tests. Before the tests result came out, she strolled around the clinic; she had never been there since she got admission.

It was a beautiful environment to behold! The laboratory was adjacent to the ultra-modern clinic which was the biggest university clinic in the country. The school stadium was close by as it served as a first line of defence if first aid failed to protect sport victims in the pitch. Shade strolled around collecting flowers of different colours and taking pictures of the beautiful court. When she satisfied herself confirming the beauty of nature, she went back to the laboratory with a smile.

After a while, the results were out and the doctor led her back to the garden for interpretations. Immediately the Doctor checked the results, he held her hand and led her to the clinic guidance and counselling unit.
It was a room closed to the female ward of the clinic; few people were there as it was some meters away from the OPD and AE units. On getting there, she met an old man who was in his late 70s and looked pretty much like Finnish. The Counsellor’s countenance changed when the Doctor handed the results to him. Shade saw the reactions and was perturbed.

“Hope no problem, sir you are frowning your face.” She asked.

“Not a big issue, my daughter. If you don’t mind, I will ask a few questions.” Counsellor said, dropping his eyeglasses.

“I am listening, Sir.” She said, checking her wristwatches, apparently in haste.

The counsellor took his time to ask a few questions relating to her social life and if she had done HIV test before. She widened her eyes and felt feverish of a sudden and was trembling; she knew what the questions were meant for as she has watched cases similar to this in movies.

“Hope I am healthy? Your questions are making me nervous.” She asked.

“Young lady, you see this is not the end of life as people like you have lived longer, even beating Doctor’s expectations.” The counsellor said, dropping his eyeglasses.

“People like who!?” she screamed. She stood up impatiently waiting for her verdicts.

“What I am saying is we will register you here for treatment and also monitor the disease progression.” The counsellor reassured her, forcing a smile on his wrinkle face.

“Are you saying I have AIDs? Oh I am finished.” She dropped her bag and held her heads crying.

“No, it is HIV not AIDs,” the counsellor said.

“See this old white man, what is difference, am I not going to die before thirty?”

“Both are different, my daughter. You can reach your destined lifespan if you follow your my advice.” The Counsellor said.
She hissed and left the Counsellor’s office slamming the door behind her. She went directly to her room to confide in Bunmi.

Shade’s HIV status spread like President Buhari’s return news from the USA after three months treatment vacation. It had been a difficult period for her since the story leaked from a nursing student she fought with at one of the numerous clubs. The school thus expelled the nurse for revealing a patient secret which was against Hippocratic Oath. Nevertheless, she suffered stigmatization from her foes. Although, Bunmi and some friends stood by her, but that was not enough to hold her head high.

“You will always have me by your side, I won’t leave you because of this,” Bumi consoled her.

“Mark is a miserable fellow, so he is living with this disease and couldn’t let you know”, Bunmi cursed, also shedding tears.

“His life will end in my hands, I will hunt him down wherever I see him,” Shade swore. “Come to think of it, I left Wale for that cursed useless man; I swear he won’t sleep.”

“You just have to let it go. Don’t be so bitter, my lady. Leave everything for God to judge. He would reap what he sowed.”

“Look how my life has turned. Guys are now avoiding me. I curse the day I met that unfortunate man.”

“Please forget this moment and enjoy your life. Many people are surviving with this.”

“Thanks buddy, you have always stood for me. If not for the health scheme and you, how would I live?” She said, pointing to the packs of drugs on her table.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few days after the Medical Association was at loggerhead with the Federal Government over their salary increment, they set out on industrial action and boycotted work. Private hospitals were the last resort for patients who could not watch their debilitating health got tangled in the ongoing battle.

Tayo’s hospital was also affected as most of the staff were Federal Government employees who have private hospitals they managed. Tayo didn’t want to go home and sit down for God knows when, so she tagged along with her friend Toyin to her house, she prayed the strike should end soon.

Toyin was also an apprentice at the hospital, though she was there six months earlier, they became friends and got along so well that they discussed private matters together. However, Tayo has been warned to be distance herself from her because of her negative influence.
Since Toyin was living alone, her room was more of a brothel where she was sleeping with numerous guys. Tayo was adamant in her friendship with Toyin and she always visited her, but finally packed there since the hospital was also on strike.
As Tayo and Toyin were discussing work outside, crushing and munching a bowl of boiled groundnut, one of Toyin’s male friends joined them.

“Good evening ladies, hope you are having a nice time.” He shook Toyin.

“Good evening, handsome. See as you are fresh despite economic recession, remember your baby is suffering here o. Hope you made sales today,” Toyin asked.

“How would man do, we just have to hustle. Are you hiding your friend?” He asked.

“Oh pardon me, this is Tayo, my colleague I mentioned to you,” she said, pointing to Tayo.

“Welcome to our abode, beauty, I am Tunde by name” he stretched his hand to shake him and she took it hesitantly.

“Thank you, bearded man,” Tayo said. They all laughed.

“I can say you are cuter than the way your friend had said, beauty lies in eyes of the beholder, you know,” he said.

“Thank you for the compliment more of flattering,” Tayo blushed

“Join us and eat with us,” Toyin placed the bowl of groundnut on his laps.

“Thank you, dear,” he said, digging his hands in the bowl.

“I have something to do inside I will be back, enjoy your stay here, handsome man.” Toyin said and left them on their chairs, dusting her skirt as she dashed inside.
When Toyin left, Tunde found the perfect atmosphere to discuss with Tayo. He was head over hills trying to impress her.

“Nice meeting you, I hope work is fine”, he continued staring at her; as he was a bit shy.

“The work is tedious but I have adapted greatly,” she said. She concentrated more on the phone she was pressing than the discussion.

“Nice to hear; by way of introduction, I am Tunde, a computer operator at the registrar office in the Institute of Chartered Accountant,” he said looking directly at the space left by the open button on her chest.

“Wow! That is incredible; you are in a nice environment with handsome salary.” She said.

This girl is in love with me already, he thought to himself. They continued their discussion and exchanged digits before Toyin came back with soft drinks in her hands and Tunde couldn’t continue.

“How about the hepatitis B tests,” Toyin asked Tunde, “I hope it is negative,” she sat next to him and opened her drink

“In front of a visitor, can’t you ask this when we are alone”

“There is nothing wrong there, she is a nurse,” she said facing Tayo who was busy on her phone.

“Wait, you mean he has symptoms? Sleeping with girls around? Tayo looked dejcted

"No, it is not what you think, not at all. Don’t mind Toyin”

"What if I mind her? Anyway, it is none of my business,” she said and left them while she stepped inside

TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like

Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Ann2012(f): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2019
Kasala don burst on top Shade level
Thanks for the update
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by Ann2012(f): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2019
Kasala don burst on top Shade level
Thanks for the update
Re: The Fate Of Yoke By Yusuf Na'im (lahm Pen) by skubido(m): 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2019
Ann2012:
Kasala don burst on top Shade leve

No b small tin ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Scent / Good Books On Fashion Design Skills Acquisition / Missing Rib

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.