Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor (68662 Views)

FG Sets 18 Years As Minimum Entry Age Into Tertiary Institutions / Girl Picked From The Slum Of Makoko To A School In Abuja At N1M Fee Annually / "I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Dpharisee: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2019
Inspiring
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Lexusgs430: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2019
Nigeria is a destiny killer......... Without her intervention, that boy could have easily died of sepsis........

5 Likes

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by FarahAideed: 8:41am On Oct 06, 2019
Impressive
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by merits(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2019
odinceblog:
A Nigerian Based American Lady, Melissa, shares a Touching story of a Nigerian boy who she picked on the street 18 years Ago (abandoned with a disease) she took care of him, treated, trained him in school, now he is a medical Doctor.

Read Her testimony Below;

Guys! I am so excited!!!!! This last week my “adopted” brother became Dr Paul.

Our family first met Anejodo Paul in a small remote village in central Nigeria about 18 1/2 years ago.

I remember my heart breaking when I saw this kid under a tree swatting flies away from the raw and open tissue on his leg that had been caused by a flesh eating bacteria.

Many months later, through the kindness of a donor in the U.S., he was brought to the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife for treatment of his buruli ulcer related disease and complications.

Over a year later, he came home to live with our family so that, at 13 years of age, he could start school. Did I mention he was 13 and starting first grade?

And this week, he got the news that he has passed his final medical school exams.

Thanks to MANY miracles from God, the medical care provided by doctors at the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife, Nigeria, the support of many who contributed to cover his school fees, and other needs through the years, his own persistence in spite of MANY obstacles, he is now Dr. Paul!!!

We are all so proud of you, Paul! And I can’t wait to see where God continues to take you on this crazy journey he has had you on.

https://odinceblog.com/photos-the-boy-i-picked-from-the-street-18-years-ago-is-noyw-a-medical-doctor-lady-testifies/
That's life,never underrate anybody. It's a lesson for all.i wish to do more than this for someone.

3 Likes

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Theprince12345: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2019
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by capitalzero: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2019
odinceblog:
A Nigerian Based American Lady, Melissa, shares a Touching story of a Nigerian boy who she picked on the street 18 years Ago (abandoned with a disease) she took care of him, treated, trained him in school, now he is a medical Doctor.

Our family first met Anejodo Paul in a small remote village in central Nigeria about 18 1/2 years ago.

I remember my heart breaking when I saw this kid under a tree swatting flies away from the raw and open tissue on his leg that had been caused by a flesh eating bacteria.

Many months later, through the kindness of a donor in the U.S., he was brought to the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife for treatment of his buruli ulcer related disease and complications.

Over a year later, he came home to live with our family so that, at 13 years of age, he could start school. Did I mention he was 13 and starting first grade?

And this week, he got the news that he has passed his final medical school exams.

Thanks to MANY miracles from God, the medical care provided by doctors at the SDA Hospital in Ile-Ife, Nigeria, the support of many who contributed to cover his school fees, and other needs through the years, his own persistence in spite of MANY obstacles, he is now Dr. Paul!!!

We are all so proud of you, Paul! And I can’t wait to see where God continues to take you on this crazy journey he has had you on.

https://odinceblog.com/photos-the-boy-i-picked-from-the-street-18-years-ago-is-now-a-medical-doctor-lady-testifies/

This us the real achievement
Not:marriage,kids,mansions,fleet of cars
Spirituality or religion without humanity is nothing

7 Likes

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Sylraph1: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2019
God bless you ma
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2019
The man will never come back to this useless country.
So many atheists in obodo oyibo. Yet, they act more religious.
Tell me why God has not abandoned this sh1t hole?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by seangy4konji: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2019
Which school did he finish from??
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Bridget95(f): 8:47am On Oct 06, 2019
Who will pick Nigeria and bring her to greatness.Lets shun tribalism and vote a young and vibrant Messiah from any part of Nigeria to bring Nigeria to greatness.we have no other country.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by olisaEze(m): 8:47am On Oct 06, 2019
And there are still kids that have suffered like him today because we have leaders that don’t understand that to lead means that lives have been entrusted in your care. How many more not as lucky as this young man have died different horrible deaths because we the voting populace have entrusted our healthcare and welfare to unscrupulous & unqualified people because of tribal affiliations and crumbs thrown from political tables?

4 Likes

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by LabDNA: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2019
Life, thank God you took him to the USA. God bless you.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by xpool(m): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2019
odinceblog:

https://odinceblog.com/photos-the-boy-i-picked-from-the-street-18-years-ago-is-now-a-medical-doctor-lady-testifies/
I dey fear blog story

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by justhenrii(m): 8:48am On Oct 06, 2019
An inspiring and amazing story God bless you more�
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by frankike1: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2019
this is far more better than buying lamborghini

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by addikt(m): 8:49am On Oct 06, 2019
This is more than inspiring , how many of us , I mean how many can bring that boy with large winds down to your home to live ....even me can just imagine ooo

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by cocoedwards: 8:49am On Oct 06, 2019
Hmmm, this is awesome. God bless and replenish all your efforts IJN, Amen!
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by mrwonlasewonie: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2019
TsaTrinity:
These are the kinda people that make life Sweet

Most people want you to do good but not better than them
#TruthOfTrinity
exactly.if jaruma had said she wanted to give little boys like this 60m to give him a life I won't have a problem but to be giving mediocre girls like tacha money for being lousy and irresponsible is beyond me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2019
The white lady is young and beautiful.

Paul's age ?
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by franchasng: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2019
Nigerian guys please we need to marry more white ladies into Nigeria so we can inject the blessed white race blood into Nigeria as a way of positioning Nigeria for greateness in decades or centuries to come if not, no hope for Nigeria!!

If you are a Nigerian guy reading this, please make it a priority to marry a white Lady before you die, even if you are married already, try and marry another wife and she must be a pure white lady, full blooded Caucasian white not wicked unintelligent religious fanatic Arabs, I said white!!

White people are blessed don't let anybody deceive you!!

Without white race, Borno state will be far better than South Africa!!

South Africa is a bit developed today, all thanks to white people from Netherlands!!

Despite using our national wealth she got freely as a gift from former Nigerian military president to become supposed richest woman in Africa, tell me how many people Mrs Alakija has helped with her wealth except snapping pictures up and down and intimidating other women

Despite looting our national wealth to become richest family in Nigeria, tell me what Abacha wife and family have done for the poor in Nigeria

Despite she and her husband looting Lagos state money dry, tell me what Senator Oluremi Tinubu has done for the poor and suffering all over Nigeria

Despite all the wealth, tell me what thief Rochas Okorocha's wife has done for the poor in Nigeria

All the rich black women and men, especially rich black women are wicked, mean and selfish!!

Black women will rather die than allow their wealth or money touch the life of others who aren't their immediate family members! That is why they maltreat their maids and treat them like animals that don't deserve to live!!

Black woman will be rich while her boyfriend is broke and struggling she will never help him for fear that he will leave her, but white Lady will help her boyfriend not minding if he would leave her or not, but black woman will only help if she will gain directly from the help, no selfless help from a black woman, all her help is for a profit!!!

Go to US, Europe, etc all the millionaires and billionaires have scholarships running into billions yearly they grant to all students who merits it thereby making schooling easy for the poor and broke but tell me how many scholarships Dangote, Adenuga, Arthur Eze, Arthur Nzeribe, IBB, Indimi, Otedola, Razaq, etc have running in Nigerian universities and polytechnics to help poor Nigerian students

Dangote only give small useless alms to only people in his village after becoming rich through Niger Delta crude oil!

Black man is the devil!!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Mummymahdi(f): 8:53am On Oct 06, 2019
lemme kuku carry 1 orphan and 1 almajiri to a nearby public primary school, am inspired
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by SuperBlack: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2019
You see how his dream would have ended in the street of Yoruba Land,
Thank God for you Sister
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by iswallker(m): 8:54am On Oct 06, 2019
If he remained in Nigeria he would either have died or be receiving 10k trader moni from OSINBAJO to make ends meet..

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by mamajj17(f): 8:54am On Oct 06, 2019
How many Black Man out there can do this? God bless your Kinded Mind grin, this is called LOVE

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Isnow: 8:54am On Oct 06, 2019
God bless you
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by wirinet(m): 8:55am On Oct 06, 2019
shortgun:
God will continue to punish our leaders n d unflappable youths we have in this country..do I know how many young kids like this boy who have wasted in this country?
Why are you so obsessed with leaders? Do you need to be a leader to have compassion on another human being and emulate the good samaritan? Is Melissa a leader?

The problem as I always say is not necessarily leadership (after all the leaders are not imported from spain), it our value system of selfishness, greed and lack of compassion. Afterall, numerous rich men had passed the boy without batting an eyelid. Many people rush to churches and mosques jumping over the boy everyday. I am sure there were churches and mosques very close to the vicinity where the boy was found.

We need to reevaluate our value system to promote love, kindness and compassion.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nekky5(f): 8:56am On Oct 06, 2019
May God reward you.
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by mrwonlasewonie: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Nigeria is a destiny killer......... Without her intervention, that boy could have easily died of sepsis........
the funny thing is people will pass by him without giving a sheet Saying the they're on their way to church or mosque

I wish weret more human and less religious as a people

1 Like

Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2019
[s][/s]Wow wow wow !!! :oWow wow wow !!!
Re: Melissa Giebel & Anejodo Paul: Boy I Picked From 18 Years Ago Now Medical Doctor by Vixlot: 8:57am On Oct 06, 2019
This is what we called achievement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Students Of Nigerian Defence Academy Pictured Going To Class / Is It Okay For Female teacher To Dress Like This Go Class / Olumuyiwa Oludayo: Sex Scandal Covenant University Lecturer Chat Leak By Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.